Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,514 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

How A Bronzer Can Mess Up Your Total Look - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How A Bronzer Can Mess Up Your Total Look (942 Views)

Don't Mess With Your Fall Clothes / Dress: Complete, Total Package / My 2018 Total Makeover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Bronzer Can Mess Up Your Total Look by saralopo: 11:28am On Dec 07, 2018
HOW A BRONZER CAN MESS UP YOUR TOTAL LOOK

These days I really can't help but notice how makeup has become really essential,it's almost impossible to see a lady walk past you without having a makeup on.
But then that's a good thing isn't it? At least it's better to see good looking faces as you walk down the streets than having to deal with ugly and nasty faces which could have been put in the right place with just a little powder on.

That is even not my problem right now,the one that worries me down to my stomach these days is having to contend with ladies looking like masquerades all because they want to use the "Bronzer" and look like their sleek neighbour,who has either taken due diligence to watch YouTube videos or even enrolled in a make up school to learn how to apply makeup ,now these "wanna be" ladies think all there is to applying makeup is buy the products and apply on their faces and then end up looking like my village masquerade.

Now if you are one of those ladies,I am sorry if i sound too blunt,but its just that this is coming from inside my stomach...Lol
Seriously I can't take this anymore,it could really be offensive when you are walking down the road or driving by and then you see a lady looking like she used a golden crayon to draw a line down her nose and apply same on her cheeks.For me,i always feel like walking straight to such a lady and wipe it all but then am restrained,because of course it's “none of my business’’ right? But hey ,we need to come to terms to the fact that you don't just dress for your satisfaction alone,you also dress in such a manner that is generally accepted and not offensive to the next person,otherwise some people will just go about the street stark naked because that is what catches their fancy,the same thing apply to makeup,you also have to makeup in such a manner that doesn't seem offensive to the onlooker

Now ladies if you really must use a bronzer,please be diligent enough to ask someone to teach you and after applying it,be humble also to ask someone who knows how these things work to tell you how you sincerely look,so you don't go about offending people with your face.

In addition please you need to really blend the bonzer,don't just apply it and leave it there,and that's why you need a brush,a bronzer looks better when it's faint,you might think it's too faint but wait till the sun hits ur face then you will realise just how much you applied,also you apply bronzer under your cheek bone and not directly on ur cheeks and please blend it too,else you will go about looking really funny.
PLEASE AND PLEASE do not forget to ask someone REASONABLE by that I mean,someone who can tell good from nasty to tell how you look before going through that door,especially when you are still learning how to apply these stuff.

Now here are a few tips that can help you apply your bronzer just like a pro:

1.Apply under the right shade of Light
Always, and I means always, apply your bronzer in front of a mirror that is well lit by natural light. Under the glow from an artificial bulb, you will invariably find yourself layering on more bronzer than you need to.

2.Use the Right Tone
It is important that you find the correct shade of bronze for your complexion. If it’s too light, it won’t do anything for you, but if it’s too dark, the effect can be quite alarming remember, we are not looking at turning our faces orange, but to subtly highlight and define our cheek bone structure. Experts says you can try to go for a shade that matches the colour of your naturally toned skin.

3. Lay the Foundations First
A lot of Ladies are guilty on this one,some ladies just apply powder to their face,apply pencil on their brow,add the mascara and lipstick then go on to add bronzer and she is done...No! you do need to lay your foundation first,else just like every other thing without a good foundation , your makeup will come down crashing! before you know it

Especially if you have an oily skin, make up artists suggest that you should always apply a light translucent powder foundation before you get on with brushing on your bronzer. This will get rid of any excess oil or unabsorbed moisturiser which would otherwise interfere with a smooth, even application.

4.You need the right Brush
I know a lot of Ladies are used to just using their hands to apply bronzer to their nose and just any brush to apply same on their cheekbone,but this could be the reason why your bronzer isn't coming out well just yet,you need a big fluffy blush brush to apply bronzer and you can also use the angle or eye shadow brush to apply bronzer on ur nose,these sets of brush helps you blend in your bronzer

5.Tap it off

After you have coated your bronzer brush with product, always make sure that you tap off the excess. If you fail to do this, you will invariably end up with a result that is too dramatic: remember the key to good bronzer really is subtlety.

6. Apply on the right Location

With light, long strokes, gently brush your bronzer onto the areas of your face that would ordinarily catch the sun. Pay the most attention to your cheekbones, but remember to very subtly dab your forehead, the bridge of your nose and your jaw line as well.

7. Fit It

Using a very light translucent powder and a large round brush, set your makeup by lightly dusting your entire face. This will help to prevent wear and smudging, and will also further tone down any ‘orangeness’.
Bronzer is fabulous stuff, but it’s not as easy to get right as you would imagine. The key is to be as subtle as you possibly can and to use a good quality product designed to suit your skin tone.

8.Use a Concealer before your bronzer

Apply concealer. It’s crucial that you create an even base before applying your bronzer, and that starts with concealer. Choose a concealer that blends in well with your complexion. Apply it above foundation to the areas that need extra coverage.

Create an even canvas with liquid foundation. Once you’ve put on concealer, apply an even coat of liquid foundation over the entirety of your face. This will smooth out your complexion and create a blank canvas for your contouring.
You can put your foundation on with a makeup sponge, a makeup brush, or by using your fingertips.

Be sure to blend the foundation down your neck slightly for a more natural look.
If you want a more subtle, natural, or softer look, consider a tinted moisturizer. Apply it the same way as a liquid foundation.
If you decide to use blush, don’t apply it until after you apply your bronzer.Don't forget that you have already applied some foundation before now,so this time around you want to use just very little foundation.

9.Use the Right Shade of Bronzer

Select a bronzer 1 or 2 shades darker than your natural skin tone. Since the purpose of a bronzer is to darken the complexion subtly, the one you choose will depend on the color of your skin. Generally, it should only be 1 or 2 shades darker than your natural skin tone. Test a little on your wrist to make sure it "warms" your skin tone without making it look fake.
If you have fair skin, look for a honey-colored bronzer.

For a medium complexion, choose a rose-bronze or gold flecked bronzer.
Dark skin is best enhanced with a amber like bronzer

Applying bronzer is a great way to add an attractive, natural-looking glow to your face, especially on those days when your skin appears a little dull. Applying bronzer incorrectly, however, can make your face look dirty or orange. when you apply the bronzer rightly ,your face definitely glows with a warm radiance.

S.C

Re: How A Bronzer Can Mess Up Your Total Look by fashionpro: 11:56am On Dec 07, 2018
Nice one. So this is the origin of all this Ojuju calabar that ladies do at weddings. grin
Re: How A Bronzer Can Mess Up Your Total Look by kennydeppillar: 1:57pm On Dec 07, 2018
Nice piece, they need to learn how its done properly. Keep up with post
Re: How A Bronzer Can Mess Up Your Total Look by Sandraasa: 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2018
Some times when you look at the way some ladies applies bronzer u begin to wonder if it’s by force to use it. Nice write up dear.

(1) (Reply)

Read This Before Buying Zaron Cosmetics Products / Long Lasting Perfume For Women (very Affordable) / Joint Importation Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.