Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto (14803 Views)

700,000 NE NNPP Members Defect To PDP, Urge Kwankwaso To Join / Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server / Senate To Override President Buhari’s Veto On Two Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by new2012: 8:03am On Dec 08, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Its called brain. Yours is obviously yet to sync properly

O! You have a brain? Wow!

BTW, the 'I' was removed since you're having an identify crisis.
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by DogmaNation: 8:05am On Dec 08, 2018
duwdu:

There's nothing partisan about airing one's views, or even whipping clearly recalcitrant members into line.

The Forum can't afford to be rudderless. Capiche?

P34c3

Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by Officialpdpnig: 8:06am On Dec 08, 2018
new2012:

O! You have a brain? Wow!

BTW, the 'I' was removed since you're having an identify crisis.

Yes "I" removed would turn the word brain to a cereal and has nothing to do with an identity crisis. Again, your brain is yet to sync properly which is why you are shooting blanks.

Perhaps you need some cereal

2 Likes

Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by tuniski: 8:08am On Dec 08, 2018
bayulll011:

Unintelligent soul,i wish gej won d last time by now all of you would av become refugee in Sudan cos Ghana and other African countries won't even accept u guys cos of ur slow mentality.

Venezuela a case study when the oil price crash they are yet to recover from it till date.

Angola recently wrote to IMF on the amount they want to borrow and they re the largest producer of crude oil in Africa and lower population,Buhari is not doing good buy not those kleptomaniac and pathetic people that rounded themselves up to come to power.

Literally Nigeria cannot move forward with your kinds,laws of the lands and with ur generation cos they re very slow in thinking,oh this one cannot understand cos he has amnesia.
Crap from buharideen!

1 Like

Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by new2012: 8:10am On Dec 08, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Yes "I" removed would turn the word brain to a cereal and has nothing to do with an identity crisis. Again, your brain is yet to sync properly which is why you are shooting blanks.

Perhaps you need some cereal

O! So cereals replaced your brain? Wonderful!
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by ojbaba95(m): 8:10am On Dec 08, 2018
It's highly unfortunate the way we play our politics in this country where laws are made to suit individual or group.PDP made this electoral law and used it on several occasions to achieve their goals.Now the table have turned, they are crying foul for it not to be used.The question is why didn't they make it acceptable from inception?Or do they think the opposition will easily forget several manipulations and open rigging of the past?Obasanjo destroyed LG Administration in 2003 when because of it's selfishness re-ordered election sequence and afterwards handed LGA Election to State INEC.PDP should understand that no matter how morally upright Buhari could be, politics will still have strong part to play in any decision he will take.New Electoral Bill is fine but NASS made fool of itself from the beginning with self-consideration of changing Election sequence and the President mind is fixated not to sign it at least for now.Everyone should continue campaigning and hope for the best.Enough of this shout of any threat to democracy.Saraki/Dogara are the heads in the APC dominated NASS and life continues!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by Officialpdpnig: 8:13am On Dec 08, 2018
new2012:

O! So cereals replaced your brain? Wonderful!

Your bran has been noticed. Now take your L and slither back to your hole

1 Like

Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by new2012: 8:18am On Dec 08, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Your bran has been noticed. Now take your L and slither back to your hole

You live in a hole too? For 30k? And internet access to attack and malign those who dont align with your masters view? For a party that will discard you in the next 5 months and restart the program in abt 4 years time?

I would have loved to educate it on how life ain't abt losses and wins, its more complicated that that. but that will be waste of time for someone that cereals have replaced his brain.
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by xelly: 8:19am On Dec 08, 2018
For Buhari not to sign that bill shows tha
1) he is afraid because he has not performed.
2) Buhari is highly corrupt and he is not fighting corruption
3) He is desperate

Buhari Must Go

1 Like

Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by sadoxme: 8:20am On Dec 08, 2018
AdexUpdates:
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has charged the National Assembly to save the country’s democracy by immediately overriding President Muhammadu Buhari’s refusal to sign the amendment of the Electoral Act.
The PDP said “this legislative action has become imperative, as the President’s decision is a calculated attempt to hold the nation to ransom, inject crisis into the electoral process and ultimately scuttle the conduct of next year’s general elections, seeing that there is no way he can win in a free and fair contest.”
In a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, the party noted that Buhari’s repeated refusal to sign amendments passed to check rigging in the election raises issues of his sincerity of purpose and has the capacity to trigger political unrest and violence, which can, in turn, truncate the country’s democracy.
It urged Nigerians “to note that this is the fourth time Buhari is withholding assent on the amendment without any cogent reason.

Read more at: http://www.adexupdates.com.ng/2018/12/pdp-urge-nass-to-override-buharis-veto.html

PDP SHOULD SIMPLY BE MAD AND CRAZT ENOUGH TO USE THUGS IN OVERRIDING BUHARI... BUNCH OF CLOWNS
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by Officialpdpnig: 8:30am On Dec 08, 2018
new2012:

[s]You live in a hole too? For 30k? And internet access to attack and malign those who dont align with your masters view? For a party that will discard you in the next 5 months and restart the program in abt 4 years time?

I would have loved to educate it on how life ain't abt losses and wins, its more complicated that that. but that will be waste of time for someone that cereals have replaced his brain.[/s]

Spend time to educate yourself first. You need it desperately.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by ClearFlair: 8:31am On Dec 08, 2018
cheesy
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by yemex04(m): 8:38am On Dec 08, 2018
Modarun:
They say Buhari is popular, yet the so called popular candidate is scared of a free and fair election.
Wether he signs or not, we shall send his lifeless fossil back to Daura.

It was PDP controlled NASS that passed and PDP led FG that assented the current one in use into law..was it then deliberately passed to rig the previous elections?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by dennischuks15243: 8:49am On Dec 08, 2018
amended electoral law or not,pdp should focus at convincing nigerians to vote the party again after sixteen years of their bad government in power.electoral law is not the issue

3 Likes

Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by yemex04(m): 8:50am On Dec 08, 2018
Modarun:
They say Buhari is popular, yet the so called popular candidate is scared of a free and fair election.
Wether he signs or not, we shall send his lifeless fossil back to Daura.

it was the PDP controlled NASS that passed and the PDP led FG that assented the one currently in use into law..was it then deliberately passed to rig the previous elections?

1 Like

Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by Pavarottii(m): 9:00am On Dec 08, 2018
BafanaBafana:

Speak for yourself and your family please. Only looters and their beneficiaries are complaining of hunger.
U sef should read what u typed , and ask Urself if u r normal?
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by Pavarottii(m): 9:01am On Dec 08, 2018
felony101:
They are mad!! Y haven't they veto d minimum wage issue it's electoral act dia after.. Buhari I support u don't sign
I tot u said ur principal jubril is popular and would win? Den let him sign nau
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by famology(m): 9:16am On Dec 08, 2018
bettercreature:
Let us use the one used by PDP for 16 years

Hahahaha.......
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by Damsyjay(m): 9:18am On Dec 08, 2018
ehinmowo:
If this man becomes president again by 2019, Nigerians will end up eating themselves.

You can mark this as a reference. We have not really see anything. Some of those that are are shouting corruption here will sell their children to buy food.
That goes to you and your family abi..Ode oshi..be saying rubbish
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by Ndonu101: 9:20am On Dec 08, 2018
This issue is not a party matter, it is about survival of democracy itself

Do not allow a despot destroy Nigeria. Override the veto now!

The future of Nigeria can not be destroyed because of the ambition of one man
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by deyahaya: 9:22am On Dec 08, 2018
It is impossible for PDP to win election through ballot they are looking for Jungle, they are now hiding under electoral ammendments. they have being smelling defeat already

2 Likes

Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2018
What are the issues with the current NASS proposed amendment?

1. Election sequence
2. Reduced legal window for election petitions

These are 2 of the main issues I can remember of the obvious reasons why assent was refused to this bill.

The budget approved is 189bn climbing to 245 bn in next year's budget. By expanding or changing the electoral sequence, not only will the budget increase, the strain on man power and other economic activities will be too much. Imagine shutting down the country for 3 Saturdays in 1 month and the time and money lost as a result of electoral no movement enforcement and the consequent implications.

The period allowed for resolution of election petitions should be expanded rather than condensed while special courts should also be created to dispense strictly with electoral matters. This should be done rather than the reduction of election petition windows in this current document.

While people might think there is a partisan angle behind this bill, its rejection is based on sensible consideration of matters on ground.

1 Like

Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by frankmoney(m): 10:03am On Dec 08, 2018
Xisnin:

Illiterate.
NASS vetoes bills, not issues. No wonder the Nepa bill man is the president.
so the minimum wage is not a bill but am issue
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by emmasege: 10:07am On Dec 08, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Let's just call in the army to seize power......
I really hope this wouldn't be our case next year because it appears Buhari is bent on rigging the election and imposing himself on us for another four years, against the popular wish.

Maybe Britain should come re-colonise us sef. We were immature when they gave us independence.
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by Lexusgs430: 10:10am On Dec 08, 2018
emmasege:
I really hope this wouldn't be our case next year because it appears Buhari is bent on rigging the election and imposing himself on us for another four years, against the popular wish.

Maybe Britain should come re-colonise us sef. We were immature when they gave us independence.

If the Army don't know how to do it, crocodile of Zimbabwe, is happy to assist...........
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by FarahAideed: 10:16am On Dec 08, 2018
bkool7:
They don't have the number. Apc members won't vote in favour.
I solely l blame NASS. This is the 4th time and the presidency is still noticing certain errors. I'm thinking those errors must be deliberate because I don't know how the NS can't draft an errorless document at the fourth attempt if it's not meant to be intentional

These ppl had four year to amend a document and they blew it. Now it's late

You are clearly not following the issue
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by bayulll011(m): 10:23am On Dec 08, 2018
BeautifulMind2:

Otondo APC members are they not part of both house of assembly grin

Look at this one.
Since when Nigerian politician did something for the masses if not for their selfish interest and self service achievement,get a life don't defend any politician instead fight for what will make your life better,oh this one is slow he can't understand cos he's one of the kid of nairaland
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by new2012: 10:24am On Dec 08, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Spend time to educate yourself first. You need it desperately.

Sure sire. But do same, google for help.
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by GhaliNaaba(m): 10:28am On Dec 08, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Let's just call in the army to seize power......
Are you okay at all?
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by Lexusgs430: 10:30am On Dec 08, 2018
GhaliNaaba:

Are you okay at all?

Very OK Boss..... Used all my medications and had breakfast + lunch.......
Re: PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto by stanisbaratheon: 10:31am On Dec 08, 2018
somehow:
Thieves

They wanted to use this bill to set a trap for Buhari.

Fool me once- Allowing Saraki to become the Senate president.
Fool me twice- Signing bills not well spelt out in clear terms

But I thought it was written in English

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra 2021: APGA Governorship Primaries Holds Today / 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna / Lai Mohammed Approved N2.5 Billion ‘fraudulent’ Payment, But Claims Ignorance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.