Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers (3813 Views)

Buhari Leading On Internet,johnathan Leading On Ballot Box / Thumb Printed Ballot Papers Allegedly Intercepted In Niger State (PHOTOS) / Thugs Thumb-Printing Ballot Papers For Aregbesola (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by cheexy: 10:58am On Apr 14, 2007
Jimi Agbaje Aka Jaykay Not On The Candidate List

A report has just reached Star Fm, a radio station in Lagos from a caller in Surulere that the picture of Jimi Agbaje, a Lagos gubernatorial candidate running under the DPA (Democratic Peoples Alliance) is not on the candidate list in Surulere. As in, his picture was omitted.

Nobody has confirmed whether this applies to the whole of Lagos as reports reaching the station are still sketchy. His candidacy was never controversial so why has this happened? Do they see him as a threat? What happens to people who can't read and have just decide to look for the faces? How will this affect him?
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by cheexy: 12:19pm On Apr 14, 2007
It has just been confirmed in Mushin that his picture is truly not on the list. Printer problems? lipsrsealed
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by demmy(m): 1:14pm On Apr 14, 2007
And why is the ballot paper not enclose in some envelop?

Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by con9ja: 1:42pm On Apr 14, 2007
He's picture wasn't on our ballot paper too, it's only in nigeria that this kind of thing can happen, Uche's own to wasn't on the paper, INEC can u explain?
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by bioye(m): 2:38pm On Apr 14, 2007
Let's not misinform people here. Jimi Agbaje is on the candidate list. His party name DPA is there, the party logo is there and his name is there. It's only his picture that is missing. Hence, fellow supporters of Jimi Agbaje, dont let the corrupt opposition confuse you. Go out en masse and vote for Jimi Agbaje. caring. thinking. working.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by babasin(m): 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2007
@bioye,

if other contestants have their picture on the ballot papers, then Agbaje picture must be there otherwise it is not valid; unfair advantage!
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by bioye(m): 3:18pm On Apr 14, 2007
For me, instead of letting inec and the opposition get away with this, it can actually be used as an advantage for Jimi Agbaje. First, of all the Lagos Governorship candidates, the highest publicity today has been for Jimi Agbaje. This is an opportunity to let people know that the opposition is really scared of Agbaje being the preferred choice. Hence, we need to urge people to go out and vote for him. Even people can start changing their minds now to vote for Jimi Agbaje instead of their former choices.

It is not an unfair advantage unless we allow it. We can definitely make it an advantage if we are smart about it.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by cheexy: 6:10pm On Apr 14, 2007
Good point. Hope you all voted for Jimi Agbaje cos he is the right candidate. We don't need people with excess baggage. We need a clean slate in Lagos. smiley
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by DrDre1(m): 6:23pm On Apr 14, 2007
The INEC Chairman Maurice Iwu has said it's only candidates that didn't submit their passports on time that their pictures were not printed on the ballot papers.

However, I pray Jimi Agbaje wins in Lagos state.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by panalyst(m): 6:42pm On Apr 14, 2007
bioye,
did u go to corona primary school,
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by 9ja4eva: 7:18pm On Apr 14, 2007
Dr. Dre:

The INEC Chairman Maurice Iwu has said it's only candidates that didn't submit their passports on time that their pictures were not printed on the ballot papers.

However, I pray Jimi Agbaje wins in Lagos state.

The guy is a big disgrace.He will be shocked indeed.Hes saying thrash.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by bioye(m): 8:37pm On Apr 14, 2007
Maurice Iwu is lying (that is if the news report is true). Jimi Agbaje made it clear that he submitted 4 passport photos to INEC on time.

@panalyst: No, I did not. Why did you ask? Meanwhile, this is offtopic and I would advise we take this to IM. Thanks.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by 9ja4eva: 8:42pm On Apr 14, 2007
Iwu is jst a big ,

Well Koro is not winning so am happy
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by DrDre1(m): 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2007
@ Bioye
Yes the report was true o.
I watched the Chairman say it himself while taking questions from journalists on T.V
I've been wondering too since then that someone like JayKay can't fail to submit his passport on time

@ 9ja4eva
Are you serious?
Thank God that guy is not winning o
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by 9ja4eva: 9:17pm On Apr 14, 2007
Yeah from what i read.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by babasin(m): 9:18pm On Apr 14, 2007
I watched the Chairman say it himself while taking questions from journalists on T.V

This IWU is a fraud.  was there no application form?  were the candidates not require to afix passport to application form?

so what this about submitting passport foto, story! This to confuse the hapless voters.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by 9ja4eva: 9:23pm On Apr 14, 2007
He doesnt know wat else to say abeg.Hes jst a big big disappointment.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by DrDre1(m): 9:49pm On Apr 14, 2007
I think INEC should just come out and admit their fault on this.
The Chairman even claimed alerting the DPA chairman about it
I pray God vindicates JayKay smiley
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by TaxMan(m): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2007
This whole charade should just be stopped right now, the Lagos elections should be postponed until all machineries are in place for a free and fair election. The absence of his picture is just not right infact it is evil.
Jimi should be given an equal chance as any other person to contest for Alausa.
May the best man win and may he impact positively in all our lives.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by 9ja4eva: 11:20pm On Apr 14, 2007
They are scared cos they know he will win but then lets see what happens.Am hating IWU big time now.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by showbobo(m): 12:24am On Apr 15, 2007
His picture was truly ommited and he complained bitterly and accused INEC of mischief.Even if his picture was there he wouldnt have won.The election was sort of like between OBANIKORO (PDP)AND FASHOLA(AC).
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by DrDre1(m): 12:32am On Apr 15, 2007
@ Showbobo
I think it will be wrong and unfair to assume at this point. The omission of his picture would no doubt affect his votes
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by Angybabe(f): 12:39am On Apr 15, 2007
Anyone with Unconfirmed result from "Lagos poll"? Please share grin
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by Cool: 3:16am On Apr 15, 2007
The absence of Jimi's picture should not be taken lightly. At the polling booth I used, one elderly lady after voting, sought confirmation that Agbaje was PDP because she didn't see his pic. Needless to say, that's one vote less for the guy and Jimi lost by 5 votes to Fashola (not full Lagos results o, just my polling booth!).

, and the electoral officers tried to insist on stopping voting at 3pm. Yes! They wanted to disenfranchise people who had been on queue for over an hour. After much protests, they allowed the next 10 ppl to vote and simply stopped. It was unbelievable. The rules said everybody on queue before 3pm should be allowed to vote. BTW, the officials didn't arrive till about 11am so, voting started very late.

, anyways, so many of us stayed back and observed the counting. It was generally peaceful and fun.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by 9ja4eva: 3:21am On Apr 15, 2007
Iwu has come with his daft excuses again.I dont believe Agbaje didnt submit his picture.I think its part of ther strategy but they will be shocked.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by dblock(m): 4:16am On Apr 15, 2007
Jimi Abgaje will transform Eko Akete cheesy
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by babasin(m): 8:18am On Apr 15, 2007
@cool,
anyways, so many of us stayed back and observed the counting

Never believe this, INEC would announce different result. This is Nigeria where anything goes!
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by 9ja4eva: 8:20am On Apr 15, 2007
If INEC does then its a shame to all of them.Am waiting patiently for the results.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by toksdara(m): 12:11pm On Apr 15, 2007
Yesterday on Channels TV News at 10, a lady (likely to be old and/or illiterate was asking to be directed to Femi Pedro's LP (Labour Party) column but her thumb was directed to AC (Fashola's Party). This was a very brief clip on Channels TV just before they returned to the news anchor and only those who paid close attention could have noticed this deceit.

This was POSSIBLE with Femi Pedro's Pix, not to talk of JIMI AGBAJE or UCHE IBUKUN OHIMAI whose pictures where omitted. At my polling station, people where asking me JIMI's party, because they didn't know it and hoped to use his picture as a way of identification. The parties people know are AC, PDP, maybe ANPP and OTHERS. So not putting JIMI'S picture was DEFINITELY DELIBERATE. If either Fashola's picture or Koro's were omitted, it would have been better since their parties are known.

IWU is messed up.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by DrDre1(m): 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2007
With reports coming in as regards this Jimi Agbaje's case
INEC should come out and admit their silly mistake
This kind of nonsense is not supposed to happen
Not to talk of it happening in Lagos state.
Proper and special care should have been taken in this case of Lagos
I would love to see Jimi Agbaje goes to court to contest the results
Another person getting to the Alausa round house through illegal means would plunge Lagos into another 8 years of bondage
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by tuburu(m): 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2007
If u guys think the omission of jimmy's name in lagos is bad enough,u should come to Delta state and see the shambles called an election.The result has been declared in favour of PDP,I have shed some tears already.I thought that all the hype about this going to be a free and fair election would not be wasted.Infact where I live,there was only chaos.Materials arrived late and they wrer brought in not by INEC officials but area boys.We all voted whether we had a card or not,even without seeing the voters register.I feel ashamed to be called a Nigerian.If u look up the dictionary,under the word'Idiots'is a map of Nigeria.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by alanbolo(m): 5:58am On Apr 16, 2007
Only God can pity and save us from all these malpractises, it's nothing to write home about.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibori’s Wife Still In London Prison - : For Inability To Meet Bail Conditions / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu's Surgery Successful In America / GEJ Gave Away Rivers Oil Wells Because I Supported Buhari A Muslim - Ameachi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.