Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers (3810 Views)

Buhari Leading On Internet,johnathan Leading On Ballot Box / Thumb Printed Ballot Papers Allegedly Intercepted In Niger State (PHOTOS) / Thugs Thumb-Printing Ballot Papers For Aregbesola (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by 9ja4eva: 6:59am On Apr 16, 2007
Its a big shame and a pity.We jst pray God steps in.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by Fammie(f): 8:24am On Apr 16, 2007
Omitting Jimi Agbaje's picture is very unfair. It made the election not to be free and fair. More than 90%of Nigerians are illiterates and they all had time to register. Even most literates were busy in their offices and businesses, so they didnt register. I'm very sure that the illiterates would be looking for Jimi's pictures to vote for him, because they might not recognise his Logo and cannot read his name.
This is very annoying and INEC really committed open fraud. Although, i still prefer Fashola to Obanikoro
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by spikedcylinder: 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2007
Well. . .its Nigeria,anything goes. Its sad,it really is.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by Tonyblu(m): 1:52pm On Apr 16, 2007
This is all Bull-sh*t! INEC has no excuse for doing this to Jimi.
I was furious. I had walked for kilometres, checking over 12 polling units to locate my centre, only to locate it and saw that my choice candidate has been placed at a BIG disadvantage!

Which passport is INEC talking about, didnt all the aspirants affix their pictures on the initial application form submitted to register their interest.

This is UNFAIR! Just a PLOY to misguide the Electorate.
How come the two major and visible opponents (Jimi & Uche) had their pictures missing?!

Not to mention the gross misconducts by AC & PDP supporters at many polling centres!

LAGOS polls shld be repeated!
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by TrueTalk3: 3:26pm On Apr 16, 2007
Hi people,

I'm of the opinion that if Jimi's picture had been on the ballot paper; he would have come in second (beating Koro, but behind Fashola)

Jimi is of wonderful peresonal quality, but lacks a platform (which is a major factor in politics) that is strong enough to win Lagos.

Mind you, I voted for him
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by 9ja4eva: 6:52pm On Apr 16, 2007
Its rather sad cos i wanted him to win but thank God its not PDP.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by jaybaby(f): 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2007
Youngterz shldnt had bothered abt d Pix since u can recall his PARTY!
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by 9ja4eva: 7:59am On Apr 20, 2007
Dts true.Wat of his illiterate supporters?
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by funkelola(f): 9:56am On Apr 20, 2007
The issue is whether Jimi's picture is omitted or not,the election is between AC and PDP.For goodness sake this is lagos and we all know what is happening.But the story in Lagos is still better than other states.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by Beline(f): 12:06pm On Apr 20, 2007
Jimi actually won a lot of peoples hearts and they were looking for any means to distract his supporters, think of those who can't read but only seek for his face to cast their vote.

the one that pains me is people who said Jimi is my choice but I know he is not going to win so I voted for AC, who tells you that if all the people that think like you voted for him that he wouldn't have won.

Always follow your conscience, thanks
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by 9ja4eva: 5:59am On Apr 22, 2007
LOL

Dts true its so so sad to know bt dnt blame dem.Most people have lost faith in voting cos dey think their votes dnt count.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by folem: 7:41am On Apr 22, 2007
What has picture got to do with electoral loss in Nigeria?

Pictures on ballot paper is a novel idea worthy of commendation by INEC and if by any error from INEC or Jimi Agbaje's campaign organization his pictures are missing, but the DPA logo was intact.

The presidential elections new ballot paper including AC's Atiku Abubakar did not contain any picture of any candidate.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers by 9ja4eva: 8:43am On Apr 22, 2007
Illiterate voters can get confused.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibori’s Wife Still In London Prison - : For Inability To Meet Bail Conditions / Boko-haram Gives Reasons For Killing Christians / State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.