Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night (22790 Views)

Police Arrest Six Suspects Over SP Bako Angbashim's Murder / Man Stabbed To Death In Rivers For Pasting Campaign Posters / Yahoo Ritualists: Police Arrest Six Native Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by Trizzi: 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
The Police in Lagos have arrested six people for allegedly pasting the posters of the presidential candidate of the African Action Congress, Omoyele Sowore, at night.

The Police spokesperson, CSP Chike Oti, said the action contravened the Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency laws that forbade advertisers from pasting posters at “no other hour other than the day time.”

He explained that the men also violated an agreement reached during a meeting between the state Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi, and political parties that nobody would destroy the campaign materials of others.

Oti noted that the suspects were arrested by operatives of the anti-crime unit around 2.30am on Sunday.

He said, “The anti-crime patrol team of the Lagos State Police Command, Ikeja Division, around 2.30am on December 9, 2018, arrested six young men, namely, Olagokun Odunayo, Kool-Kloud Henry, Ugaju Joseph, Damilola Omidiji, Michael Kate and Banwo Olagokun, of Take It Back movement, tearing posters of other political parties and replacing them with that of the African Action Congress, contrary to the Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency laws that forbid advertisers from pasting posters at no other hour than the day time.

“Recall that an agreement was reached to the effect that no political party should undertake the defacing of campaign posters of other political parties or the destruction of their billboards, at a meeting at the Police Officers Mess, GRA, Ikeja, on Wednesday, December 5, 2018, tagged, ‘Security and stakeholders meeting,’ involving the INEC, chairmen of all political parties in the state and their flag bearers, chaired by the state Commissioner of Police, CP Edgal Imohimi.

“The following exhibits were recovered from the suspects: a poster bearing the picture of the presidential candidate of the African Action Congress, Mr. Sowore; brush, buckets containing gum and torn posters of other political parties.”

He added that the CP had directed that the suspects be charged to court on Monday for malicious damage and conduct likely to cause a breach of the peace, to serve as a deterrence to others.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/12/police-arrest-six-for-pasting-sowores.html

Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by ruggedmallaam(m): 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
They're just hustling.they themselves know that Buhari will win the election.Ftc

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by naijjaman(m): 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
Ok
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
My only question is

Will they have been arrested if they had been caught with APC campaign posters?

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by biosilicon: 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
so with all the posters everywhere, both local government, house of reps etc that has been posted for years. it is only sowore's campaign poster that they caught the people. and made public.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by tizzle(m): 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
Really? What difference does it make if they paste posters at night or in the day? Does it change anything?

8 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by BruncleZuma: 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2018
grin grin grin grin

See as them look like SARS usual customers...

[img]https://media1./images/8e37a33c823145f9cbccc2c92ba820ae/tenor.gif[/img]

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by Acecube(m): 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2018
Lol... If na Sanwo-olu own nko ? grin

Well, Nice job. Since it is a crime under Lagos law.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by tuvade: 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2018
Sowore ko sowajapa niii
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by OmoManU: 6:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
The Police spokesperson, CSP Chike Oti, said the action contravened the Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency laws that forbade advertisers from pasting posters at “no other hour other than the day time.”
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by Mintum: 6:14pm On Dec 09, 2018
So what exactly is their crime
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by bishop1617(m): 6:14pm On Dec 09, 2018
See gobe
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2018
Tifnubu doesn't tolerate opposition. This is what happens when an ex drug baron calls the shots

6 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by Olohunjedalo(m): 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
alexistaiwo:
My only question is

Shut up and stop trying to justify this barbaric act .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by prigoz(m): 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
In all honesty, if they were pasting APC poster, would police got them arrested? Just asking

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by phransix2: 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
Just learnt that its illegal to put posters at night and also an offence to take off another party's poster and replace with another...
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by notoriousbabe: 6:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
I am a P H D holder I need a girl that is educational to Marriage if you are, call me on 0703 818 8230
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by don4real18(m): 6:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
Well, breaking the law has its consequences
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by julioralph(m): 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2018
And we claim to be a democratic country undecided

Please o, since when did it become a crime to paste posters of opposition parties

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by notoriousbabe: 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2018
I am a P H D holder I need a girl that is educational to Marriage if you are, call me on 0703 818 8230
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by Auxtin85(m): 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2018
Would they have been arrested were it Buhari's poster? Why will any sane person want APC or Buhari back to Aso Rock. It is so painful, thank God my family are set to leave Nigeria before February 2019.
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by Auxtin85(m): 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
notoriousbabe:

You sure say you well? PhD holder wey nor fit compose simple sentence. You dey find girl wey u wan take do ritual abi?

14 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by Eugene1992: 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
What is that girl doing with them at that time and the person they are even campaigning for is at home sleeping. Lazy youths
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by Afonjas: 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
alexistaiwo:
My only question is

The answer is NO

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by verifiablefacts: 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
alexistaiwo:
My only question is

they wouldn't have gone during the night, like thieves, if they were APC.
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by mohiozua(m): 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2018
They are taking it back na. Why stop them?
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by bedspread: 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2018
These boys are just catching fun!
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by bedspread: 6:39pm On Dec 09, 2018
ruggedmallaam:
They're just hustling.they themselves know that Buhari Atiku will win the election.Ftc
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by MrFly(m): 6:41pm On Dec 09, 2018
U must be a P.hd holder in local dialect, u just murdered English Language
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 09, 2018
Just look at them
Re: Police Arrest Six For Pasting Sowore’s Posters At Night by Ketaokeipheoma: 6:43pm On Dec 09, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Shut up and stop trying to justify this barbaric act .
is that the answer to the question he asked? Abeg use ur brain!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exercise Cat Race: Soldiers Arrest Herdsmen In Nasarawa State (Photos) / Abducted Girl, Ese Oruru, Released / Shocking Pictures Of Slavery You Have Never Seen! (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.