Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta (23151 Views)

Papers Filed Against Tinubu, Alpha Beta Burnt In Court —lawyer / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Tinubu's Alpha Beta Fingered In N100 Billion Fraud (Court Documents) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Daviddson(m): 10:02am On Dec 10, 2018
Jimi Agbaje, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) gubernatorial candidate in Lagos state, says he will free Lagos state from Alphabeta Consulting.

According to Agbaje, Alphabeta Consulting receives a particular — unknown — percentage of every dime Lagos earns in taxes and revenues, which he says is against international best practices.
“I could be here all day talking about Free Lagos. Let me start from the basic freedom of information Act, Lagos is still run like a closed shop, like a private company,” Agbaje told Channels TV on Sunday Politics.
“Lagos has refused to domesticate the freedom of information bill, so we don’t know what plays out in Lagos. So we are talking of freedom to have access to exactly how they are running our government.
“In the last 20 years, Lagos has spent some N7 trillion, and we are asking what have we got for N7 trillion? Are we getting value for money?
“Out of that N7 trillion, there is a private company that takes a percentage of that N7 trillion, and we are asking, for what purpose? There is private company fund collector, Alphabeta or whatever, collects that much.
“We don’t even know what the percentage is; it could be 12 percent, 10 percent, it could be 8 percent.”
When asked if the company was legal or not, he said “it is not about being legal, it is about being moral, because if you tell me that of every amount of money that Lagos spends, there is a private company that is collecting, and I am asking, that is taxpayers money, why should it be, to what purpose?”
“It is against standard practice because we don’t see what they are doing and we don’t even know what the percentage is, and I don’t see value for money, so its freedom from that.”

Speaking of his relationship with Bola Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos state and a strong godfather in the state, Agbaje said he has no feud with Tinubu.
He adds that Tinubu is his friend, but they disagree on principle and brands of democracy.
“There was never a feud, I think it is very wrong to say that there was a feud, there has never been a feud,” Agbaje added.
Asked if it was anger that made him leave Tinubu’s camp, he said “it wasn’t about anger, it was about principle, don’t forget that even after that, offers were given to me, it is not about that, it is about principles. I don’t have any feud with anybody”.

When asked if they are still friends, Agbaje said “yes, we were political associates, we were in the same camp, and in 2007, I felt the way democracy was being practiced by him was not the way I understood democracy to be practiced, so I took an option to opt out”.
Agbaje said traffic situation has gotten worse, waste management has been abandoned, and he called on Lagosians to choose between one man’s Lagos and the people’s Lagos.

https://www.thecable.ng/agbaje-tinubu-is-my-friend-but-id-free-lagos-from-alphabeta

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Daviddson(m): 10:17am On Dec 10, 2018
I wish Lagos to be delivered from the stranglehold of Tinubu like Oyo State was delivered from the then "strongman of Ibadan politics" called Adedibu. Will it happen in 2019? I'm not very convinced because Jimi seem unprepared for the campaign. While Sanwoolu is criss-crossing the length and breadth of Lagos selling his candidacy, Jimi has yet to find his footing.

La a.lasticlala, Myy.nd44

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Equity311987: 10:50am On Dec 10, 2018
Daviddson:
I wish Lagos to be delivered from the stranglehold of Tinubu like Oyo State was delivered from the strongman of Ibadan called Adedibu. Will it happen in 2019? I'm not very convinced because Jimi seem unprepared for the campaign. While Sanwoolu is criss-crossing the length and breadth of Lagos selling his candidacy, Jimi has yet to find his footing.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44
After the death of Adedibu

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Mosesoly(m): 11:17am On Dec 10, 2018
kkkk
Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by socialmediaman: 11:19am On Dec 10, 2018
The contest seems like it’s going to be competitive in Lagos again! Jimi had a huge reception the other day which sounded like a message to APC

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by nazicartel(m): 11:25am On Dec 10, 2018
Let me see d stunt this man wants to pull,,, Lagos will not be easy in 2019

4 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by zlantanfan: 11:37am On Dec 10, 2018
But you have been saying this every 4 years untill the children of hate turn you to Jedi Jedi seller you won't have sense.

The only people needing your freedom now are kwarans

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Deathstroke00(m): 11:51am On Dec 10, 2018
U will die trying.

Buhari till 2023

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Factgist: 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
H
Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
grin
I hope this chemist, has not been taking the drugs he is selling without prescription.

Is not impossible for Jimi to win, but it will take something of about level 8 on the richer scale

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
Like I said earlier, I admire Jimi's tenacity even in the face of inevitable defeat.

17 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by kunleweb: 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by TheAngry1: 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
Meanwhile, visit Lagos!!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by ArmaniUhuru: 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
The options for Lagosian in 2019

1st term for Jimi Agbaje and a chance for a fresh start

Or

6th term for Bola Tinubu aka Jagaban through sanwo-Olu.

#JimiAgbaje2019

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by yjgm(m): 12:33pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hmmmm.
Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Isobug: 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2018
They'll not believe you Sir, they like booth licking.

Just be trying your best, God will perfect it for you and they will be ones to enjoy the liberation

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Haymaykar(m): 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2018
Deathstroke00:
U will die trying.

Buhari till 2023
since all these years that Buhari has been on sit all these years,what has he done to your family...both Buhari and atiku are corruption....in stead of us to seat and think of better things like the youth should rule the nation..it those half dead men you guys are fighting for..RUBBISH

17 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Denikayan: 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2018
This guy wants to waste money again

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Pidginwhisper: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
grin
Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Denikayan: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
grin
I hope this chemist, has not been taking the drugs he is selling without prescription.

grin grin grin
Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Remite011(m): 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
I sorry for u sir, but u have to push more harder for ur dream to come thru on dis

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by davillian(m): 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
angry
Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Haymaykar(m): 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
TheAngry1:
Meanwhile, visit Lagos!!!!
why can't you show areas like Abule Egba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by lafuria1(m): 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
As a lagosian, the only benefit I will get from voting agbaje is not having Tinubu protégé as Governor.

Not good enough, he should tell us more than just his desire to defeat Tinubu, his opponent is sanwo, sanwo is busy saying what he will do but agbaje isn't,

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by AngryNaijaMan: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2018
About time too

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by abmethod: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2018
Finally...
Let me sit and cross my leg with my team
I belong to the comment Readers Association of Nigeria ( CRAON). Our duty is to read, smile and pass.
We no dey find trouble oooo. Pls try to be brief in your comment, so that we can move to other comments.
Thanks. Pls if you are a member of this association hit like and pass don't find trouble oooo

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by DTaj: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2018
The “every 4 years Daraprim dosage” guy, Just Kidding Jimi Agbaje, is at it again.

He would be trounced emphatically by Babajide Sanwo-Olu on March 2, 2019 and he will run to his Apapa hole again and wait to have his chemist (can’t call it a pharmacy) win contracts for supply of drugs to Lagos state hospitals from the same APC structure of Tinubu and Sanwo-Olu.

He will return again in August 2022 to re-ignite his every 4-years scam again!

Jester. Clown. Oniranu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Omeokachie: 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2018
Long overdue

But BMC whose future is being mortgaged would think otherwise cos the chains look like bracelet on their wrists.

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by dafeoroyo: 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2018
i learnt that he is the major drugs/medicine supplier to all Lagos State owned hospital,LUTH,LASUTH,LASUUTH etc,all is rant na bobo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2018

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ / Osinbajo Off To Italy For G7 Meeting / Suspected Herdsmen Kidnap 15 Passengers In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.