Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? (16144 Views)

Students' Car Park vs Lecturers' Car Park In a Tertiary Institution In Nigeria / Is Madonna University The New Format? / Life In The University... The Few Unpopular Truths - Meme Collections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Olohunjedalo(m): 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2018
Heywhizzy:
NOUN ko , Pronoun ni.. You mean the institution where people who struggle in Jamb run to

Open university my foot, this shouldn't even be open for discussion

This mumu, a product NOUN University, can't even spell the pronoun "there"
Mynd44 Lalasticlala OAM4J Dominique justwise ferano mukina2 rule 2
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by georgepopsii(m): 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
I don't know if I agree with that opinion or not but I'm still a student of NOUN and I know it's not a school for dull heads, how far you read for exams is how far you can go, there are no short cuts no sorting no sleeping with the lecturer to pass it's just you, your books and your God

2 Likes

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Roger3D(m): 5:06pm On Dec 10, 2018
Not in the applied and medical sciences
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Megamercy(m): 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2018
imagrg:
True. Two of my children who were admitted in 2015 couldn't make it as they failed the first semester exams woefully. They later left the institution disappointed.
The quality is indeed high!
May God bless you for saying the truth Noun is the best and its for serious students, the students are independent learners ,no bribery or sexual harassment.
great school indeed.

6 Likes

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
LeeMason:
Opinions are like assholes everyone is entitled to one.

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Ryocaj(m): 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2018
Heywhizzy:
NOUN ko , Pronoun ni.. You mean the institution where people who struggle in Jamb run to

This mumu, a product of NOUN University, can't even spell the pronoun "there"
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Ryocaj(m): 5:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
Heywhizzy:

looolll.. U just killed d guy n d university.. Are u a rapper? coz d punchline n wordplay was dope... lol
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by qanda: 5:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
NOUN pop Past Questions are available for download on Q and A App. Download Q and A App from Playstore by searching "q and a", its the first App you will find in the search result.
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Halo22: 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2018
NOUN as far as I know, should be the best university in Nigeria. Am not trying to place the school high cos am an alumnus of the institution, but I really passed through learning and learning equally passed through me. In fact, it has Western standard.
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by xpool(m): 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
Ayhomes:
Someone opinion on front page? Nairaland moderators are like Nigeria leaders, confusion everywhere
Sometimes you need to think, think and think again before commenting.
Which opinion should be in front page or in any page at all, is it animals' opinions that should be in the page ...
BE REAL, brother !

2 Likes

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by daveahead: 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2018
Let them keep deceiving themselves.
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2018
bilms:
Is Open University the best institution in Nigeria?
https://mrrightsng..com/2018/12/is-open-university-best-institution-in.html

A post recently made on facebook by Abdulrazaq O Hamzat, a former President of Congress of NOUN Students (CONS) has generated a new debate about the position of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) among institutions in the country.

Hamzat, who is still in court against management of the institution over his unlawful expulsion in 2015 for exposing corruption and forming a student association declared that, despite all the challenges confronting the University, the Open University is still the best in Nigeria.

In his words, ‘’ National Open University of Nigeria is the best institution in Nigeria’’

While some people expressed their disagreement with the former NOUN student leader, In the discussion that followed, Hamzat argued that, there is no institution in Nigeria with it’s own standard dedicated course materials apart from Open university. These course material, he maintained are the best anyone can find anywhere around the world.

Hamzat also argued that, an average Open University student will stand among the best in other institutions and he challenged anyone with contrary opinion to step forward for a challenge.

According to him, '' NOUN graduates are competent and self developed. They are well prepared to take on the world, unlike graduates from conventional Universities where you may find half baked''.

While he noted that there might still be half baked graduates in NOUN, the percentage, compared to that of conventional Universities is like 1 of 10. he concluded.

Do you agree that NOUN is the best institution in Nigeria? Let’s know your opinion.

https://mrrightsng..com/2018/12/is-open-university-best-institution-in.html
To a large extent he is right. There is no point having physical contact with your lecturer when you can study from home. In some conventional universities you rarely see lecturers coming to class to teach so what is the point having classes were you can study the course outline and then write your exams.

1 Like

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by templeinyou(m): 6:18pm On Dec 10, 2018
May God help us.

Prick self no de rest
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Ayhomes(m): 6:21pm On Dec 10, 2018
xpool:

Sometimes you need to think, think and think again before commenting.
Which opinion should be in front page or in any page at all, is it animals' opinions that should be in the page ...
BE REAL, brother !
opinions are not facts hope you understand that before you jump to quote me MR REAL
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by AyakaDunukofia: 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
Open University UK is the largest research institution in Europe. It ranks about 400 in the world way above any university in Nigeria. The learning standard in the institution is very high. Their grading system is equally high that the students had to score a minimum of 70% to earn a 2.1 grade. Some of its students stand shoulder to shoulder with Ox-Bridge students. The module materials are equally excellent.

NOUN should continue to strive in that direction. They are currently not doing bad at all.

5 Likes

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by kenkel: 6:53pm On Dec 10, 2018
SUCKABLE88:
Noun students are Unique and highly motivated individuals who work & learn. Lecturers have no power there. It is between you, your course materials and Examination.
you are right, if you don't study you won't pass and no room for sorting. Their study materials are good

2 Likes

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by LilVast1(m): 7:09pm On Dec 10, 2018
imagrg:
True. Two of my children who were admitted in 2015 couldn't make it as they failed the first semester exams woefully. They later left the institution disappointed.
I support you on this, the exams are not even for average students, you have to be extraordinarily intelligent to make good grades

1 Like

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:
Open University UK is the largest research institution in Europe. It ranks about 400 in the world way above any university in Nigeria. The learning standard in the institution is very high. Their grading system is equally high that the students had to score a minimum of 70% to earn a 2.1 grade. Some of its students stand shoulder to shoulder with Ox-Bridge students. The module materials are equally excellent.

NOUN should continue to strive in that direction. They are currently not doing bad at all.

Noun and Open University UK are actually partners
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/303373324_The_Best_of_Two_Open_Worlds_at_the_National_Open_University_of_Nigeria
https://www.nan.ng/news/noun-open-university-uk-poised-collaboration-vc/
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by AyakaDunukofia: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2018
SUCKABLE88:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/303373324_The_Best_of_Two_Open_Worlds_at_the_National_Open_University_of_Nigeria

That's good. NOUN should be working closely with the OU, UK. The news about the NOUN law graduates and the Nigerian Law School is a welcome development.
I don't know why it should be a problem in the first place when Russel group universities in the UK and IV league universities in the US have open learning options.

1 Like

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by mrrights: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2018
True
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by AyakaDunukofia: 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2018
SUCKABLE88:

That's good. NOUN should be working closely with the OU, UK. The news about the NOUN law graduates and the Nigerian Law School is a welcome development.
I don't know why it should be a problem in the first place when Russel group universities in the UK and IV league universities in the US have open learning options.
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by JeogahII(m): 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2018
imagrg:

That's because the couldn't make JAMB in the first place. Why are we even arguing this in the first place. NOUN should wait and become PRONOUN first then the can argue with Zamfara state university sorry I mean...
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by bilms(m): 9:29pm On Dec 10, 2018
JeogahII:

That's because the couldn't make JAMB in the first place. Why are we even arguing this in the first place. NOUN should wait and become PRONOUN first then the can argue with Zamfara state university sorry I mean...

Do they write JAMB in any serious country around the world?

6 Likes

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Reelmii: 9:52pm On Dec 10, 2018
Heywhizzy:

u are the biggest mumu, he got the spelling, use ur dictionary well before embarrassing urself I public

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Heywhizzy(m): 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2018
Reelmii:
u are the biggest mumu, he got the spelling, use ur dictionary well before embarrassing urself I public
You are very dull.. God forbid
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Reelmii: 10:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
Heywhizzy:
You are very dull.. God forbid
ignorance is a sickness

u better swallow ur pride and learn

may God continue to forbid u

AMEN
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by olawooro: 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2018
Heywhizzy:

You're talking out of your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Heywhizzy(m): 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2018
Reelmii:
ignorance is a sickness

u better swallow ur pride and learn

may God continue to forbid u

AMEN
You're dull if you think that's correct.. Your education is a waste if you can't tell the difference between there and their, primary school shit.. dummy, God forbid bad thing

mumu:

Try sit their for 100L exam, mumu
'Try sit for their 100L exam' or 'Try sit there for 100l exams' Ode, your moniker should be Realmumu
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by wisdomkid: 11:56pm On Dec 10, 2018
NOUN is one of the best Universities in Nigeria, but not the best.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Extends Second-Term Holiday To Five Weeks For Ramadan / Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident / Please Which Course Is Better Between Anatomy And Physiology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.