Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,361 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

MENTORSHIP UNVEILED- Uchendu Praise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MENTORSHIP UNVEILED- Uchendu Praise (343 Views)

Nigerians In UK Engage In Praise And Worship On The Street Of Cannock (video) / The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) / Lady Leading Praise & Worship Dies In Delta Church After Collapsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MENTORSHIP UNVEILED- Uchendu Praise by TFLEAD(m): 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2018
MENTORSHIP UNVEILED
[Author:Uchendu Praise]
[Published: 3rd October, 2018]

Trying to figure out who a Mentor should be ?
You need to understand that a Mentor should be a/an.

M - Moderator
E - Exposer
N - Nearby
T - Teacher
O - Observer
R - Resistor

A mentor should be capable of moderating the mentee. He should build a contrast between what is good and what is bad.
What is too much and what is too less.
He is in a constant relationship with the mentee to ensure he/she doesn't overdo or underdo.
If you have a mentor who doesn't cool your hots or heat your colds, then look for another.
True mentors major duty is to watch and ensure you're moderate.

EXPOSER
One of the benefits I gained immediately after my high school was to meet a mentor who exposed me to several things I do not know nor know how to know.
He exposed me to the audience I've never seen to before. He took me on assignments I've never been before.
"We travelled to places I've never been before and we prayed the kind of prayers I've never prayed before.
He exposed me to a place where I met who I am.
I am a living testimony of the wonderful exposures I gained being with my Mentor.

NEARBY
A mentor should be close enough to observe and near enough to correct.
Don't chose a Mentor from Gotv or YouTube.
You can chose a teacher online, but a mentor should be around you.
He/she must be someone you can talk to, relate problems to, follow around when necessary. You must know him and he must know you. Find it easy to access him when necessary and let him find it easy to call you when he needs to see you.

TEACHER
A true mentor is a great teacher.
Most of the things those I've mentored has gained from me is great teachings that comes originally from me to them.
The worst mentor you can have is someone who goes to Google or Wikipedia before he can teach you or counsel you.
A true mentor teaches from experience and clear life observations.
One of the greatest benefits I've had is to have a mentor who teaches from his day by day encounters, and I so far as I could grabbed that spirit of self production.
I've had several people I mentored and I always give them original facts, things I know and not things I was told.
I've had over 150 articles online and for one day I've never copied and pasted anything from Google.
Mentors are manufacturers of inspiration, they're not middle-men or channels, they're contents.
You never remain the same when ever you meet a true mentor. You either learn or unlearn.

OBSERVER
Close observations is key to true mentorship. A mentor understands his roles by closely observing the mentee.
He should be a Psychologist or have some psychological behaviours so as to understand the mentee even without one on one conversation.
He observes on time and take necessary mentorial actions to make the mentee better.

RESISTOR
Like usually said "It is easier to say yes than say No"
One of the major roles of a good mentor is to say No. No to unreasonable ideas and unsupposed arbitrary or emotion-influenced steps the mentee takes.
He should be matured and bold enough not to be convinced by unreasonable Mentees views.
A mentor should learn how to say plenty of "No" than "Yes".

All right reserved for The Future Stars Foundation�

Source:facebook.com/futurestarsforum

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven 17 December 2018 Prayer Points On Today – You Must Grow / What Does The Bible Say About Polygyny? / Apostle Paul Admitted Yo Lying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.