Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

What Nigerian Christians Don't Know - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Nigerian Christians Don't Know (1291 Views)

Nigerian Christians Pray For Joe Biden's Votes To Be Upturned (Video) / Why Most Christians Don't Have The Capacity To Perform Miracles / "Buhari's 2-Day Visit To Lagos A Slap On Nigerian Christians" - Catholic Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Afonjas: 12:47pm On Dec 11, 2018
Christianity left Israel as a family,came to Rome as a religion,went to England as politics and ended in Africa as business

3 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Originakalokalo(m): 1:36pm On Dec 11, 2018
Okay.

As for me and my family, and other billions of people,

We will serve the Lord.

We will uphold the faith of Jesus.

Jesus is Lord.

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Seun(m): 3:32pm On Dec 11, 2018
Originakalokalo:
Jesus is Lord.
What does that even mean?

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Originakalokalo(m): 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2018
Seun:

It means that Jesus is Lord over my life.

He directs my thought, deeds, actions and inactions.

I can no longer do things of myself....He owns my life.

I cannot lie even when I feel to

I can not steal even if no one will ever know.

I cannot harbour hatred in my heart even if no one will see it.

It is living for Jesus....in body, soul and spirit.

It means Jesus ti take over.

This is the meaning of giving one's life to Jesus as Lord...

Many people do not understand the meaning.

Thanks for asking.
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by servercodes001: 3:41pm On Dec 11, 2018
Seun:

I've never seen your comment in any other section other than religion
Please why is that so

4 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Seun(m): 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2018
Originakalokalo:
It means that Jesus is Lord over my life.
He directs my thought, deeds, actions and inactions.
Can you say that you have not sinned since Jesus started controlling your life?

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by AHCB: 4:05pm On Dec 11, 2018
Seun:
prepare to read lies or abstracts...

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Chijohn42k(m): 4:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
No one is righteous except GOD.if you say you have not sin you ought to be a liar.
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by akeemakinremi(m): 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2018

Jesus control your life and actions, I think this is ignorance, how can a someone created by the most high God have a control over your life?
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Originakalokalo(m): 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2018
Seun:

I prefer not to err than to ask for forgiveness. So, when the holy spirit cautions me on anything that may lead to sin, I obey.

If I mistakenly fall into sin, however, I run to the advocate. ..and his blood will wash it away.

He purifies me and JUSTIFIES me. I then appear before the Almighty as SINLESS.

I may fall into sin....I AM NOT A SINNER.

The blood of Jesus is not only responsible for cleansing my past sins.

It is also responsible for the sins I have not committed.

Yet, with the knowledge of this,

I don't want to fall into sin.

The holy spirit in man is responsible for this.

No one can attain this without his help.
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Originakalokalo(m): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
akeemakinremi:

Jesus control your life and actions, I think this is ignorance, how can a someone created by the most high God have a control over your life?

Jesus was not created...

Read the way he controls my life again, as posted above.
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by akeemakinremi(m): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2018
Jesus was not created...
If Jesus wasn't crated then who is the most high God?
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Originakalokalo(m): 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2018
akeemakinremi:

Jesus was not created...

If Jesus wasn't crated then who is the most high God?

The most high God is the Father of my Lord Jesus.
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2018
Seun:

grin grin grin
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by akeemakinremi(m): 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2018

Why do most Christians refer to Jesus as God? something need to be corrected here
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Originakalokalo(m): 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2018
akeemakinremi:

Why do most Christians refer to Jesus as God? something need to be corrected here

Because they are one in purpose, attribute and nature.

I am a god according to the scriptures.

If I am a god and am born as a flesh,

What do we call the one that was formed without the male sperm and a female egg?

What do you call someone who was changed and his brightness was like that of the sun even when he was in the flesh?

A human being, simply starts radiating light like that of the sun when it shines in his strength,

What do we call him?

Man?
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by akeemakinremi(m): 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2018

What do we call the one that was formed without the male sperm and a female egg?

What do you call someone who was changed and his brightness was like that of the sun even when he was in the flesh?

A human being, simply starts radiating light like that of the sun when it shines in his strength,

What do we call him?

Man?

I only pitty Christians who don't know left from right, in this case Jesus created you right?
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Originakalokalo(m): 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2018
akeemakinremi:

What do we call him?

Man?

I only pitty Christians who don't know left from right, in this case Jesus created you right?

God, through Jesus, created everything.
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by akeemakinremi(m): 6:12pm On Dec 11, 2018

You're confused I guess, do you mean God Almighty seek a permission from Jesus before he created both living and non living? By the way who is Mary and who created her?
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Originakalokalo(m): 6:16pm On Dec 11, 2018
akeemakinremi:

You're confused I guess, do you mean God Almighty seek a permission from Jesus before he created both living and non living? By the way who is Mary and who created her?

God created Mary.
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by akeemakinremi(m): 6:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
God created Mary.
Who gave birth to Jesus Christ?
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Seun(m): 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2018
Originakalokalo:
If I mistakenly fall into sin, however, I run to the advocate. ..and his blood will wash it away.
Would it be be fair to say that your life is not fully controlled by Jesus since you keep doing things that Jesus doesn't want you to do?

Can you explain why Jesus is unable or unwilling to control your life fully? Why does he allow you to "mistakenly" sin from time to time?

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by servercodes001: 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
Originakalokalo:

I prefer not to err than to ask for forgiveness. So, when the holy spirit cautions me on anything that may lead to sin, I obey.

He purifies me and JUSTIFIES me. I then appear before the Almighty as SINLESS.

I may fall into sin....I AM NOT A SINNER.

The blood of Jesus is not only responsible for cleansing my past sins.

It is also responsible for the sins I have not committed.

Yet, with the knowledge of this,

I don't want to fall into sin.

The holy spirit in man is responsible for this.

No one can attain this without his help.
Bro, all i see here is confusion and fiction
The entire concept of jesus blood cleansing your sin is a huge scam
The only reason there are still Christians left is that most of them dont give a damn about whatever stories the religion entails, they just go to church and the pastor collects money while they believe all their sins are washed
The curious Christians are no longer Christians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Originakalokalo(m): 7:15pm On Dec 11, 2018
servercodes001:

Bro, all i see here is confusion and fiction
The entire concept of jesus blood cleansing your sin is a huge scam
The only reason there are still Christians left is that most of them dont give a damn about whatever stories the religion entails, they just go to church and the pastor collects money while they believe all their sins are washed
The curious Christians are no longer Christians

Okay.

Peace.
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Afonjas: 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2018
akeemakinremi:

You Muslims should be in Islamic section, you're here asking rubbish questions because nobody asked you to swear that Jesus is Lord/God before commenting
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Originakalokalo(m): 9:01pm On Dec 11, 2018
Seun:
Would it be be fair to say that your life is not fully controlled by Jesus since you keep doing things that Jesus doesn't want you to do?

Can you explain why Jesus is unable or unwilling to control your life fully? Why does he permit you to "mistakenly" sin from time to time?

Hypocrites everywhere.

If I had said that I do not sin, you would have condemned that response.

Now, I mentioned that I don't sin ...but as humans, I am bound to fall into error once in a while, see the way you responded?

This is how the Pharisees sounded in the scriptures.

I won't answer your question even though I have answers for you.

I live my life for Jesus.

You should live yours for whoever.

Your cross, my cross.

1 Like

Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by akeensbussy(m): 12:08am On Dec 12, 2018
Truly, Religion is a scam.
Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Emusan(m): 7:04am On Dec 12, 2018
Seun:
He is Lord of you and Nairaland

1 Like

Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by mcqwerty(m): 6:52am On Dec 14, 2018
Originalkalokalo, I think you need to a direct encounter from The Divine. Your response is a proof that Christianity as a religion has failed.

You actually are either confused or do not know who or what you serve.

I know one thing for sure now- that all human religions are man-made.

You need to ask questions and get information or revelation.

Christians are one of the most lazy and ignorant people on earth. When you discover yourSELF, you will find The Divine.

I will quote Servercodes001- " The curious christians are no longer christians".

1 Like

Re: What Nigerian Christians Don't Know by Originakalokalo(m): 7:20am On Dec 14, 2018
mcqwerty:
Originalkalokalo, I think you need to a direct encounter from The Divine. Your response is a proof that Christianity as a religion has failed.

You actually are either confused or do not know who or what you serve.

I know one thing for sure now- that all human religions are man-made.

You need to ask questions and get information or revelation.

Christians are one of the most lazy and ignorant people on earth. When you discover yourSELF, you will find The Divine.

I will quote Servercodes001- " The curious christians are no longer christians".

How do I get an encounter with the Divine?

..and what is the "divine" ?

...can you help out with these questions?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paster EA Adeboye LAUGHS At TB Joshua Over Coronavirus Prophecy & Adeola Fayehun / Where Is The Garden Of Eden Located, Or Is It Some Kind Of Utopia? / The Eleven Satanic Rules Of The Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.