Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,486 members, 7,812,508 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi (4262 Views)

I’m Interested In Better Nigeria – Peter Obi Clears Air On Running With El-rufai / I’m Ready To Lay Down My Life For Nigeria – Peter Obi / What The South East And South South Are Saying About President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by Bannylove13: 9:18am On Dec 13, 2018
derealj:

Alaye Lagos stopped being the Capital in 1991, so yes a lot of oil money was pumped into the city for it's development yet many parts of Lagos are uninhabitable for the sane mind.

Yoruba man dey always believe Lagos..

He go shout Lagos..

Some don forget dia state..

Some no dey proud of their state..

Dem go proudly say..I come from Lagos..

Oya which part for Lagos..
Ipaja ...

Apart from ikeja main.. lekki V.i..ikoyi..
The rest of Lagos na huge slum..

Now if you tell me say you come from Lagos and not any of this place ..

I go just look you wan kind move ahead..

Because already I don know say... You no proud of your state of origin..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by Strikethem: 10:24am On Dec 13, 2018
Bannylove13:

He go shout Lagos..

Ipaja ...

Tell me the part of anambra that is not slum

2 Likes

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by Strikethem: 10:28am On Dec 13, 2018
derealj:

Alaye Lagos stopped being the Capital in 1991, so yes a lot of oil money was pumped into the city for it's development yet many parts of Lagos are uninhabitable for the sane mind.
When was lagos start being capital n when was oil discovered. Your region did not even have oil. So why am i dragging with you.

1 Like

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by derealj(m): 10:54am On Dec 13, 2018
Strikethem:
When was lagos start being capital n when was oil discovered. Your region did not even have oil. So why am i dragging with you.

Let's overlook your blunder and focus on the issue. I don't know whether you are trying to insinuate that Lagos was already developed before oil was discovered, but I want to remind you that from 1956 to 1991 is 35 yrs and it was within this period that most of the meaningful infrastructures in Lagos was done ranging from the Ikeja Airport to the 3MB and most of the inland roads. So when you look at the developed parts of Lagos, you thank God for oil money. Stop making stupid arguments.

3 Likes

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by Ozibe: 11:57am On Dec 13, 2018
derealj:

Let's overlook your blunder and focus on the issue. I don't know whether you are trying to insinuate that Lagos was already developed before oil was discovered, but I want to remind you that from 1956 to 1991 is 35 yrs and it was within this period that most of the meaningful infrastructures in Lagos was done ranging from the Ikeja Airport to the 3MB and most of the inland roads. So when you look at the developed parts of Lagos, you thank God for oil money. Stop making stupid arguments.

You have time to be arguing with a skull miner

3 Likes

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by Ozibe: 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2018
Strikethem:
Tell me the part of anambra that is not slum
. Ile ife, oshogbo, ondo, akure, ifo alaye, Ota ayegbaju, Ibadan, iwo, Oyo, ogbomosho, ijebu, ota, Abeokuta, Sango, ikare ekiti, ado ekiti, ijero ekiti etc

1 Like

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by derealj(m): 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2018
Ozibe:

You have time to be arguing with a skull miner
It's better I counter him now because people might start to believe his lies.

2 Likes

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by Ozibe: 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
Bannylove13:

He go shout Lagos..

Ipaja ...

Amuwo odofin, festac, satellite town, okota, Apapa, alakija, ejigbo, bucknor, surulere, magodo, ikeja and a whole lot of places on the mainland are cool and livable. But thanks to the presence and absolute dominance of the igbos in all these places.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by knowledgeable: 1:16pm On Dec 13, 2018
Galaxyowerri:
Stop deceiving yourself!! I tried to live in Lagos years back but the crazy and Hobbesian lifestyle was so bad that I had to sublet my self contained apartment at Palmgroove, close to Ikorodu road (I even got the person here on Nairaland after I advertised it back in 2013) and returned to Owerri. One of the best decisions I ever made!!
Now, stop getting it twisted, the only place of worth in the whole of SW is Lagos which happens to be a no man's land by virtue of being a federal capital territory just as Abuja is today. Industries are being built in Ogun state simply because of its proximity to the no man's land and if not for Lagos, Ogun state would have been as terrible as your other states that have remained archaic, rusty and backward.
Now if I can't stand Lagos, is it Oshogbo, Ogbomosho, Ibadan, Owo, Ijebu ode, Akure etc that I can live in??

Continue using Lagos (a former capital and no man's land) to hide your backwardness whereas many SE cities at least Owerri and Enugu can be comparable to Abuja in terms of livability.

For the fact that they (yorubas)are measuring whatever with Igbos after all the lost(by Igbos)during the civil war, all these decades and decades of Yoruba/hausa-fulani conspiracy to shot Igbos off on infrastructure (no seaport, international airports, good federal roads etc), only point that the Yorubas are stuck in time/space, validated by their own share ratio (of their population) in today's Nigeria, which is the extreme poverty capital of the world.

Yoruba/hausa-fulani bent on destroying or controlling the faith/destiny of Igbos under the disguised fake "one Nigeria" over time have brought Nigeria where she is today, and there's no escape because is self inflicted and most difficult to change, in other words, it's an entrapment. An escape from this entrapment is almost impossible. An indication that can point to that, is like going from 4 thousand mega Watts of electricity to a population of all most 200 hundred million people to a140 thousand mega Watts of electricity which that population size really required. Can it be possible?.

I love Buhari position. Instead of allowing the country to disintegrate (which really means, instead of allowing justice, equity and fairness to Igbos or let them go from the grips of Yorubas/hausa-fulani) all Nigerians get drown in the sea.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by dammiecool(m): 1:44pm On Dec 13, 2018
derealj:

U should also know that since FCT was formed in 1976 concentration of development as d nations capital reduced n more was spent on Abuja, development of Abuja didn't start in 91
Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by Ozibe: 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
knowledgeable:

For the fact that they (yorubas)are measuring whatever with Igbos after all the lost(by Igbos)during the civil war, all these decades and decades of Yoruba/hausa-fulani conspiracy to shot Igbos off on infrastructure (no seaport, international airports, good federal roads etc), only point that the Yorubas are stuck in time/space, validated by their own share ratio (of their population) in today's Nigeria, which is the extreme poverty capital of the world.

Yoruba/hausa-fulani bent on destroying or controlling the faith/destiny of Igbos under the disguised fake "one Nigeria" over time have brought Nigeria where she is today, and there's no escape because is self inflicted and most difficult to change, in other words, it's an entrapment. An escape from this entrapment is almost impossible. An indication that can point to that, is like going from 4 thousand mega Watts of electricity to a population of all most 200 hundred million people to a140 thousand mega Watts of electricity which that population size really required. Can it be possible?.

I love Buhari position. Instead of allowing the country to disintegrate (which really means, instead of allowing justice, equity and fairness to Igbos or let them go from the grips of Yorubas/hausa-fulani) all Nigerians get drown in the sea.

Powerful
Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by Strikethem: 2:45pm On Dec 13, 2018
Ozibe:
. Ile ife, oshogbo, ondo, akure, ifo alaye, Ota ayegbaju, Ibadan, iwo, Oyo, ogbomosho, ijebu, ota, Abeokuta, Sango, ikare ekiti, ado ekiti, ijero ekiti etc
I heard you, but tell any part of anambra that is not slum.

2 Likes

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by Strikethem: 2:49pm On Dec 13, 2018
Ozibe:

Amuwo odofin, festac, satellite town, okota, Apapa, alakija, ejigbo, bucknor, surulere, magodo, ikeja and a whole lot of places on the mainland are cool and livable. But thanks to the presence and absolute dominance of the igbos in all these places.
Which igbo are you talking? The ones in pluto or the one that could not make the place in the pic below liveable? Clarify

2 Likes

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by Ziggylady(f): 3:05pm On Dec 13, 2018
Galaxyowerri:
Stop deceiving yourself!! I tried to live in Lagos years back but the crazy and Hobbesian lifestyle was so bad that I had to sublet my self contained apartment at Palmgroove, close to Ikorodu road (I even got the person here on Nairaland after I advertised it back in 2013) and returned to Owerri. One of the best decisions I ever made!!
Now, stop getting it twisted, the only place of worth in the whole of SW is Lagos which happens to be a no man's land by virtue of being a federal capital territory just as Abuja is today. Industries are being built in Ogun state simply because of its proximity to the no man's land and if not for Lagos, Ogun state would have been as terrible as your other states that have remained archaic, rusty and backward.
Now if I can't stand Lagos, is it Oshogbo, Ogbomosho, Ibadan, Owo, Ijebu ode, Akure etc that I can live in??

Continue using Lagos (a former capital and no man's land) to hide your backwardness whereas many SE cities at least Owerri and Enugu can be comparable to Abuja in terms of livability.

You have said it all.

2 Likes

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by Ziggylady(f): 3:19pm On Dec 13, 2018
derealj:

Most of these Yorubas making noise on-line about Lagos are either little brats born between 1995-2000 or ignorant twats who know next to nothing about Nigerian history..

It was Abacha's regime who forced Embassies and Federal Ministries to move their Hqtrs from Lagos to Abuja in the 90s because of his fear of NADECO and other human rights group due to the June 12 imbroglio..

Pror to that Lagos was were everything happened as far as the Government of the Federal Republic was concerned,..from the oil-boom of the seventies right down to Gulf-War Oil windfall of 1991(USA and Iraq/Saddam Hussein stand off in the Gulf-region)

My Dad was a Civil Servant then and i remember how we were directed to move from Lagos to Abuja in 1997,he had to go first leaving my Mum and siblings behind in Lagos before we subsequently followed suit.

Therefore when i read from yorubas on-line how Lagos was developed by them so Igbos should 'go bact to their region' i just marvel at their crass display of ignorance, deceit and false-hood.

1 Like

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by Strikethem: 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2018
Ziggylady:

Most of these Yorubas making noise on-line about Lagos are either little brats born between 1995-2000 or ignorant twats who know next to nothing about Nigerian history..

It was Abacha's regime who forced Embassies and Federal Ministries to move their Hqtrs from Lagos to Abuja in the 90s because of his fear of NADECO and other human rights group due to the June 12 imbroglio..

Pror to that Lagos was were everything happened as far as the Government of the Federal Republic was concerned,..from the oil-boom of the seventies right down to Gulf-War Oil windfall of 1991(USA and Iraq/Saddam Hussein stand off in the Gulf-region)

My Dad was a Civil Servant then and i remember how we were directed to move from Lagos to Abuja in 1997,he had to go first leaving my Mum and siblings behind in Lagos before we subsequently followed suit.

Therefore when i read from yorubas on-line how Lagos was developed by them so Igbos should 'go bact to their region' i just marvel at their crass display of ignorance, deceit and false-hood.
I thought you guys always claim to develop lagos mrs that was born in 1850. But when they ask you to explain how una developed am or contributed to the development. None of you will answer and hve never goven an answer to it. We want to know.

1 Like

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by derealj(m): 2:33pm On Dec 14, 2018
dammiecool:

U should also know that since FCT was formed in 1976 concentration of development as d nations capital reduced n more was spent on Abuja, development of Abuja didn't start in 91

And you think immediately Lagos stopped being Capital development there ceased.

1 Like

Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by lastempero: 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
Afamed:

Lol

And he never blamed buhari for anything. He just gave you facts!!!
Re: South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi by Justiceleague1: 3:09pm On Jun 28, 2022
Strikethem opolopoopolonio sophisticated maarrraans grin:
Someone ask me to ask you if you are ok upstairs. So the igbos coming to br house help pass through school? Which wezt is competing with the east? I am not sure you are ok at all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalander Kelly72 Sums Up Alpha Beta 40 Page Court Case / Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. / Breaking: Saudi Arabia Rejects Tinubu Campaign Posters...arrest 30 Miscreants!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.