Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet (34749 Views)

Layers Not Laying Eggs / 22 Weeks Old Point Of Lay ISA Brown Layers / Help!! My Layers Are Not Laying Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Excelboi(m): 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2018
GoodFaith:
Excelboi's
Please tell me about yourself
The total number of stock?
what is your expecting?
You total cost of starting the business?
what you presently do for living
The cost to buy 100 more
Oh, I'm honored. I will answer your questions.
Firstly, I'm a Lawyer by profession and that's what I do for a living.
I started with 100 birds just for a trial to see how profitable the business is. Currently, I have 82 birds remaining. 14 died (11 died when they were still small and 3 died when they were matured due to sickness) and 4 was slaughtered because they were discovered to be male.

I bought the chicks at the rate of #230/day old bird (#23, 000). I have spent above 100k+ so far inclusive of the capital, feeding and drugs and excluding the construction of the Poultry house........ I spend about #6,300/week for their feeding and I'm expecting an average of 14-16 crates weekly i.e (if atleast 60-70 birds among the 82 lay daily that will be 70 x 7days = 490 divided by 30 eggs (in a crate) = approximately 16 crates and sold at 800/crate that is #12,800, minus the #6,300 for feed should give me #6,500 weekly... It may be more but just a rough estimate... Thank you

9 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Olayemie(m): 6:33pm On Dec 20, 2018
my talk no be here... we shall meet at home
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by mamatwiny(f): 6:35pm On Dec 20, 2018
Excelboi:
UPDATE: My birds are 23 weeks old exactly today, and few days ago, they started laying those Golden eggs just after a week of complaining here. They are currently on Multivitamins and I also gave them antibiotics. The change of feed did the magic. Lalasticlala and all those who contributed positively one way or another, Thank you... I'm happy and relieved cheesy
Congrats.
Which feed did u change to?
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by SocialJustice: 6:35pm On Dec 20, 2018
Excelboi:
UPDATE: My birds are 23 weeks old exactly today, and few days ago, they started laying those Golden eggs just after a week of complaining here. They are currently on Multivitamins and I also gave them antibiotics. The change of feed did the magic. Lalasticlala and all those who contributed positively one way or another, Thank you... I'm happy and relieved cheesy
I'm relieved for you too, I dey wake up for night dey reason the matter sometimes. grin

2 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:39pm On Dec 20, 2018
My Birds Started Laying At 24weeks.....This Is My 3rd Time Of Brooding Layers. They Lay More Longer Compare To The Ones That Lay Very Early.

3 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Excelboi(m): 6:44pm On Dec 20, 2018
mamatwiny:

Congrats.
Livestock self formulated feed.
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Excelboi(m): 6:44pm On Dec 20, 2018
SocialJustice:
I'm relieved for you too, I dey wake up for night dey reason the matter sometimes. grin
God bless grin

3 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Excelboi(m): 6:46pm On Dec 20, 2018
zionema:
pls what is the size of the egg like is it small or average in size.
your post is the only one that has made front page twice. congrate to you and ur laying birds.
It's an honour... It's the content that matter, if the content is good, it will see the light of the day. The egg are still small due to the early stage. Only one was big among the eggs which was laid today.
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by mudiana(m): 6:48pm On Dec 20, 2018
Excelboi:
hello. My sister is experiencing same at her farm. 24 weeks now and they are laying 5 - 7 eggs per day. What feed did you change to. Help a brother out. Thanks.
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Enskynelson(m): 6:50pm On Dec 20, 2018
Free egg for all Nairalanders...
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by costlybabe10: 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2018
i will love to start up something like this, would love to know the rough estimate
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Excelboi(m): 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
mudiana:
hello. My sister is experiencing same at her farm. 24 weeks now and they are laying 5 - 7 eggs per day. What feed did you change to. Help a brother out. Thanks.
They are still on grower till a considerable number of them start laying before I will switch to layers mash. I feed them with Livestock Feed Self formulated. Also note that at their early stage of laying, the laying rate will be low but will pick up gradually. Try to give them multivitamin and relax, and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2018
Excelboi:
UPDATE: My birds are 23 weeks old exactly today, and few days ago, they started laying those Golden eggs just after a week of complaining here. They are currently on Multivitamins and I also gave them antibiotics. The change of feed did the magic (currently on LIVESTOCK self formulated feed). Lalasticlala and all those who contributed positively one way or another, Thank you... I'm happy and relieved cheesy
How much is one layer?
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Socialsunny14(m): 8:39pm On Dec 20, 2018
etibaba:
Chai Barren layers.
even broilers lay eggs(usually twin yokes)
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by encryptjay(m): 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2018
Excelboi:
UPDATE: My birds are 23 weeks old exactly today, and few days ago, they started laying those Golden eggs just after a week of complaining here. They are currently on Multivitamins and I also gave them antibiotics. The change of feed did the magic (currently on LIVESTOCK self formulated feed). Lalasticlala and all those who contributed positively one way or another, Thank you... I'm happy and relieved cheesy
Wow! post of the month. I felt so relieved on hearing this, I'm even tearful cos of joy.

3 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Socialsunny14(m): 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2018
Excelboi:
Honestly I cannot say yet. I will mention you when I get that. I'm far from them for now...
if u are far den are u really d one taking care of dem?

1 Like

Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by mikejj(m): 9:20pm On Dec 20, 2018
ElGabi:
Your chickens are on birth control methods

Haha just kidding. Start feeding them layer feeds na, poor nutrition, stress or moult can affect your chickens from laying eggs
abi na they on family planning u understand
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Shawlambivert(m): 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2018
wink
Excelboi:
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Timiblanko(m): 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2018
Excelboi:

please sir i am a student but i would love to know feed formulation sir God bless...
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by biztip: 12:01am On Dec 21, 2018
buhari syndrome is affecting them
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by 900warriorz: 3:46am On Dec 21, 2018
Excelboi:

please sir, what is the advice? my 22 weeks old layers haven't started laying oo....plus, did you debeak them?
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Excelboi(m): 7:01am On Dec 21, 2018
900warriorz:
please sir, what is the advice? my 22 weeks old layers haven't started laying oo....plus, did you debeak them?
Yes, they were debeaked, I think at 18 weeks... But that doesn't mean much. Give them time, they will lay. Which feed are you giving them?
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 22, 2018
mamatwiny:

Congrats.
Hi mama, pls i follow ur diary. For Gods sake, plz send her home!!! Dis was just d ones ur neighbours noticed ooo, shez obviously doing worst, afterall, u dont hv cctv i guess. Pls i'm begging!! Send her home!!!!
Moreova, taking ur child to a creche is way better dan leaving ur child at home with househelp/nanny.
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by 900warriorz: 6:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
Excelboi:
Yes, they were debeaked, I think at 18 weeks... But that doesn't mean much. Give them time, they will lay. Which feed are you giving them?
topfeed....I was making reference to the debeaking as regards them breaking the eggs.
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by Socialsunny14(m): 1:15pm On Dec 24, 2018
900warriorz:
topfeed....I was making reference to the debeaking as regards them breaking the eggs.
noo. Its in dia nature(breed pattern) to abandon dia eggs once they lay dem, jus dnt keep d eggs 4 2long

1 Like

Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by PapalsBulls(m): 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
Excelboi:
It's an honour... It's the content that matter, if the content is good, it will see the light of the day. The egg are still small due to the early stage. Only one was big among the eggs which was laid today.

Hello sir, how are your birds doing? Please help me with your vaccination schedule, my birds are due to arrive next week.
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by omachimyk(m): 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2019
chief, i learnt vital feed causes prolapse on the birds, is that true?
EmmGee:

first of all, its like you were not giving them the proper feed. you don't switch from grower feed to layer feed until you see dropping of about 40% (not exactly sure of the figure). also the reason why they're not yet laying may be because of stress, maybe there are times you didn't feed them at the right time. they are very fragile animals and that stress could accumulate and delay their drop date.

my advice to you is to feed them regularly and don't skip their feeding time, also feed them the right qty. about 200birds consume 1bag in a day(we use vital feed brand so i don't know if it's a brand thing..)

continue giving them grower only until you pick about 20-30 eggs a day.

never leave them without water. water does 70%of the work, while feed does the rest.
you can also try giving them booster in their water

if they're about to start laying, there are ways to tell
- their head(that thing that's on their head), will be reddish and will grow out
-when you do like you want to catch them, they won't try to run, but they will stay in one place and squat
-you can put your finger in their behind, if it slips in, then they're close... i personally never tried this last one, but I've seen someone do it.

Finally, stick with one brand of feed. i recommend vital feed...
I'll restate, keep giving them grower until they start dropping
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by omachimyk(m): 8:47pm On Mar 07, 2019
Shawlambivert:
wink
currently on livestock feed or u re formulating the feed? ,livestock is a brand like chikun, vital et al.
are u buying livestock feed or homemdade recipe, is the feed mash or pelleted? thanks
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by EmmGee: 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2019
omachimyk:
chief, i learnt vital feed causes prolapse on the birds, is that true?
I don't know about that. We've never had issues like that eventhough we always go with vital feed.
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by kosmoky(m): 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2019
Check out for fat and over wait and Try to reduced the pkc on ur feed
Re: 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet by westfield: 9:12pm On Mar 08, 2019
First of all your birds have not matured to start laying....i cannot see the development of their comb. ie none of your birds have developed comb.

Secondly its not a must a chicken starts laying by 17-20weeks...if after 23-24week they have not started then you should start worrying.

Thirdly you need to get one of your bird to a lab to find out why the have growth deficiency and get a solution for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. / Broilers Chicken / Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.