Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter (16658 Views)

Fed Govt Goes Tough On Visa Issuance To Stop Terrorists / Travellers Blind Date - Only For Cuties And No Visa Hustlers Please! / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With No Visa From Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by adedolaseu(m): 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2010
Help Me!      Help Me!!       Help Me!!!
I applied for visa renewal, I didn't over stay. I only used a month out of the 6 months visa(Business Visit) I had, when I came back to Nigeria I still had few months left on my visa which was last year Oct/Nov. I submitted my visa renewal on May 19 2010, and I got my application back July 28 2010. The confusing part was that my visa was no issued, no refusal stamp, no refusal letter,  They only took my statement of account and they wrote "LAG, " at the last page of my passport,  when I got my first visa, they wrote the same "LAG, " at the same page, but with different numbers. I'm not sure what to do,  Securities won't let me in at British Embassy, they don't even listen to my complaint. Some people said, my visa was issued but the visa officer must have forgot to paste the visa sticker on my passport page. I'm apparently sure that I have no reason to be refused,  PLEASE ADVICE!!!
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by Vicjustice: 11:57pm On Aug 02, 2010
adedolaseu:

Help Me!      Help Me!!       Help Me!!!
I applied for visa renewal, I didn't over stay. I only used a month out of the 6 months visa(Business Visit) I had, when I came back to Nigeria I still had few months left on my visa which was last year Oct/Nov. I submitted my visa renewal on May 19 2010, and I got my application back July 28 2010. The confusing part was that my visa was no issued, no refusal stamp, no refusal letter,  They only took my statement of account and they wrote "LAG, " at the last page of my passport,  when I got my first visa, they wrote the same "LAG, " at the same page, but with different numbers. I'm not sure what to do,  Securities won't let me in at British Embassy, they don't even listen to my complaint. Some people said, my visa was issued but the visa officer must have forgot to paste the visa sticker on my passport page. I'm apparently sure that I have no reason to be refused,  PLEASE ADVICE!!!
   Well, with the development of fingerprinting and scanning technology, it might not be necessary for the UK embassy to stamp a passport after visa refusal. But, i don't think your application was refused, the UK embassy does not refuse visa application without issuing a letter to this effect, therefore, i'm of the opinion that the visa was approved, but the sticker wasn't applied as a result of human error.
   I'll advice you to return to the British embassy and approach these rabid security staff in a calm manner and body language that they like to hear in order to give you the needed attention, then, you can explain to them the reason you call at the embassy, stressing that the visa officer had made an error. Actually, there would be nothing wrong if you sent a registered post addressing it to the office of the ECM (Entry Clearance Manager): Remember to attach photo-copies of the documented pages of your passport and your contact information. If you need further assistance, do let us know, i hope others contribute. Cheers
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by tjadeba(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2010
sure its a mistake from them, that same "lag-xxxxxx" is always on any passport that has been issued visa.You may need to go to the high commission one more time and do some explanation and i beleive they will listen to your case.
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by adedolaseu(m): 10:14am On Aug 03, 2010
Vicjustice:

Well, with the development of fingerprinting and scanning technology, it might not be necessary for the UK embassy to stamp a passport after visa refusal. But, i don't think your application was refused, the UK embassy does not refuse visa application without issuing a letter to this effect, therefore, i'm of the opinion that the visa was approved, but the sticker wasn't applied as a result of human error.
   I'll advice you to return to the British embassy and approach these rabid security staff in a calm manner and body language that they like to hear in order to give you the needed attention, then, you can explain to them the reason you call at the embassy, stressing that the visa officer had made an error. Actually, there would be nothing wrong if you sent a registered post addressing it to the office of the ECM (Entry Clearance Manager): Remember to attach photo-copies of the documented pages of your passport and your contact information. If you need further assistance, do let us know, i hope others contribute. Cheers

I spoke to them in a very calm manner, but they are just acting like animals, They are so self-centered and acting based on their own-self instructions, not the instructions from the authorities. I'm so pissed off, how can I get hold of the ECM? I need more information,

tjadeba:

sure its a mistake from them, that same "lag-xxxxxx" is always on any passport that has been issued visa.You may need to go to the high commission one more time and do some explanation and i beleive they will listen to your case.

Yes, you are apparently right. I know my visa was issued. I am thinking of sending mail to the British embassy, what do you think?
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by snowdrops(m): 11:11am On Aug 03, 2010
The best thing is to write them explaining what exactly happened with all your details including the reference numbers. I am unsure if you need to send your passport with this letter, or wait for their response before submiting the passport.
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by adedolaseu(m): 11:18am On Aug 03, 2010
snowdrops:

The best thing is to write them explaining what exactly happened with all your details including the reference numbers. I am unsure if you need to send your passport with this letter, or wait for their response before submitting the passport.

Ok, will do. Can you help me with their email address? I have also been calling their phone number, it always comes back as "BUSY" consistently.
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by snowdrops(m): 11:40am On Aug 03, 2010
go through their website. try calling the number in their abuja office. the staff there seem to be more humane than the ones in lagos. at least you can speak to them for advice before sending your letter.

their email ad also on the website.

This is from the website http://ukinnigeria.fco.gov.uk/en/

Contact us
British High Commission (Trade/Investment, Management and Visa Sections)
Dangote House
Aguiyi Ironsi Street
Wuse
Abuja
Telephone

Visa Enquires: (00234) (9) 4623200 Ext 3285/3286/3258/3259

General Enquires: (00234) (9) 4623200 Ext 3230/3253
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by adedolaseu(m): 11:53am On Aug 03, 2010
snowdrops:

go through their website. try calling the number in their abuja office. the staff there seem to be more humane than the ones in lagos. at least you can speak to them for advice before sending your letter.

their email ad also on the website.

This is from the website http://ukinnigeria.fco.gov.uk/en/

Contact us
British High Commission (Trade/Investment, Management and Visa Sections)
Dangote House
Aguiyi Ironsi Street
Wuse
Abuja
Telephone

Visa Enquires: (00234) (9) 4623200 Ext 3285/3286/3258/3259

General Enquires: (00234) (9) 4623200 Ext 3230/3253

Thanks for your swift response. I will follow up with the details and get back to you. Thanks for being enthusiastic.
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by snowdrops(m): 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2010
you are welcome. all the best
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by afulstop: 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2010
@adedolaseu:u have to go to the DBHC lagos early on any weekday morning,say before 8am like u are attending an interview.u will find a lot of pple who have come for various reasons rangimg frm interviews to all sorts of complaints. U guys will be seated in the seating area outside the gates.At about 8 am,someone will come out frm the embassy to allow the folks on appointment into the HC as soon as they show their letter.everyone seated will take turns to talk.when it gets to your turn show the collection slip,passport et al tht u got frm the VFS and explain urself humbly.The embassy official should take your docs in for checks and come out with an explanation within minutes.It is well!!!
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by Fogman(m): 6:31pm On Aug 03, 2010
Poster, ll all the advices posted here, but if still not resolve, get an immiigration attorney or consultant to write them on ur behalf. They responds thru this means is prompt. Used this same means to review my player visa refusal and we got a prompt reply to resubmit again. Good luck
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by adedolaseu(m): 8:21pm On Aug 03, 2010
Fogman:

Poster, ll all the advices posted here, but if still not resolve, get an immiigration attorney or consultant to write them on your behalf. They responds thru this means is prompt. Used this same means to review my player visa refusal and we got a prompt reply to resubmit again. Good luck

@Fogman I don't understand your sentence conclusion here, "Used this same means to review my player visa refusal". I would be glad if you can outline a clear statement on this part.
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by adedolaseu(m): 8:26pm On Aug 03, 2010
afulstop:

@adedolaseu:u have to go to the DBHC lagos early on any weekday morning,say before 8am like u are attending an interview.u will find a lot of pple who have come for various reasons rangimg frm interviews to all sorts of complaints. U guys will be seated in the seating area outside the gates.At about 8 am,someone will come out frm the embassy to allow the folks on appointment into the HC as soon as they show their letter.everyone seated will take turns to talk.when it gets to your turn show the collection slip,passport et al tht u got frm the VFS and explain urself humbly.The embassy official should take your docs in for checks and come out with an explanation within minutes.It is well!!!

@afulstop Thanks for the details, I have planned to go there this Thursday and will give you guys feedback upon my arrival.
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by adedolaseu(m): 8:38pm On Aug 03, 2010
snowdrops:

you are welcome. all the best

@snowdrops I called them today, and to be sincere just like what you said -- There seem to be sufficient and adequate live person on Abuja customer service support line than Lagos. However, they directed me to visit BHC in person because it would help the most to have live conversation with them than phone conversation. They were confused with my complaint but, they believed my visa was issued because it sounded new to them and likewise to me. I will give you guys feedback as soon as I get back from them on Thursday.
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by tjadeba(m): 10:34am On Aug 04, 2010
better to go in person than emails or calls.i have had issues after my visa was granted some time ago n i approached the security details with much explanation n they did allow me in n pronto,i was cleared without seeing the ECM.Your case should be easier than mine
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by Vicjustice: 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2010
Adedolaseu, are you very sure that you checked every page in your passport? This reminds me of time a time i applied for a Canadian visa, my passport was returned to me on the 6th day, and i was about 50 metres away from the embassy when i checked to see the visa, and hey, it wasn't on the pages that i expected it to be; i made a u-turn toward the embassy in slight anger with disappointment, and as i was getting at the gate, i thought i should check my passport again, this time, i decided to see every page, and there it was, in the middle of empty pages away from the endorsed pages of my relatively new passport.
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by funkybaby(f): 11:14am On Aug 05, 2010
send an email to:

visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk

state your name, your passport number, DOB, the 'lag' number at the back of the passport and explained what happened.
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by sjam(f): 7:24pm On Aug 05, 2010
As the other's have said, it would appear that the office forgot to put your visas in your passport. If it was refused they would have put a line through the box marked LAGOS with your application number. This should be easily resolved by contacting the ECM. Let us know how you get on.
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by adedolaseu(m): 1:47pm On Aug 18, 2010
Hello Everyone,
I'm sorry for the late response. I was ill not until last week. However, I confirmed my visa application was refused. The funny part of it was the ECM officer stating in the refusal notice that I used a fake statement of account which was not true. They said my bank told them my bank account number doesn't exist. To cut the story short, I was automatically banned for 10 years.

In addition, the good thing was that my passport wasn't stamped nor tampered with any other endorsement. It's as clear as it was before I submitted it. As for the appealing -- I was given no RIGHT to appeal. I went to my bank to complain about it, they said I had to go to the head office. I'm just kind of lost right now, I need to get my case re-investigated so as to have them destroy my banning profile.

In a month to this time, I'll be going for US visa interview for F1 Student Visa, if the visa consular should see the LAG-XXXXXX will he/she ask further questions about it? another question is -- Is there a way I can fight for my right for Administration Review. Please Advice.
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by Fogman(m): 7:09am On Aug 19, 2010
Poster, this is a serious and damaging issue, why dont you go review your application? Look around for visa attorney or consultanta for advise and assistance. Good luck.
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by Vicjustice: 11:02am On Aug 19, 2010
"A very serious and damaging issue" indeed.
@ Adedolaseu.
It's unfortunate that these people will not be interested in listening to you nor would they be willing to hear your argument, so, there is no amount of correspondence you make that would be taken into consideration: Therefore, you need a legal representative to plead your case and contest the decision with a letter from the bank stating that your account statement was a true reflection of your financial situation.
But since when did the UK embassy start refusing visas without issuing a letter to this effect?
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by sjam(f): 8:34pm On Aug 19, 2010
Adedolaseu

In order for the ECM to make that kind of statement he would need to be sure 'beyond reasonable doubt' that the statement is not genuine. If the bank say its forged then it's forged. The onus is now on you to prove otherwise I'm afraid. Contact the bank and get them to check your account number again. I thought you were going to visit a family member if so you should still have the full right of appeal. You should get all the correct info from the bank and then apply for an admin review to which you are entitled to do.
keep us informed.
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by osarodon(m): 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2010
@ Adedolaseu,

How far about this case?
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by frankss101: 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
I've summitted my renewal application with the uk embassy in lagos since octobor 10th and till now I've still not heard from them though my traveling date to the uk is december 19th of this year, please can somebody tell me why it is taking this long? Please I need answers....
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by kiru2013: 11:02am On Jun 20, 2013
On something close,
if my company is stated as my sponsor to uk, must I submit the company's ORIGINAL documents along with other supporting documents I.e cac registration certificate, tax clearance etc?
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by ingred: 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hi every one, God bless u with the grate work ur doin here , My husband and i been together fr 2008, we got married in sept 2013, my husnand is a uk citizen, we applied fr settlement visas on the 12 of may 2014, got a call to come to the embassy on 9 of july, refusa letter was handed to me in the packeg, reason stated. you ave applied for entry clearance as a spouce on (name) , you provied evidence of ur spouce united kindom passport, and a copy of your marriage certificate, which shows you were married , on 23 sept 2013. you stated that you first met in 03/07/2008. ane the relation ship started on the 12/07/2008 i note that ouy ave submitted several photoof u and ur sponsour on various accasion, including wedding day i all so note that u have emails fr 2008, however 4 of those email was fr greetings website, and do nt demonstrate commuication between u and your sponsour , formore u ave fail to submit evidence of ur relationship with your sponsor is genuine and subsisting, or that u intend to live with together permanently in the uk, i there fore refuse your application ECO REASON FOR REFUSAL NOTHING ADVERSE, ECO REASON FOR REFUSAL RELATIONSHIP REQUIERMENTS, Just want to ad, i ave skpye chat , fr 20012, face book cat fr 2009, wataps chat fr 2013 i also this year just take out a life insurance wth my husband a the trust tee for my two son, I did also apply for my younger son, he got refuse aswell because i got refuse, HE is 17 year old still goin to school, yet they are saying he ave subbmitted no evidence of his living arrangement or personal circumtancaes where u live, can someone HELP ME PLZ on what to do, i ave to apeal by the 28 . thank u so much
Re: Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter by Hopeforallone: 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2014

(1) (Reply)

FG To Give $100 Each To Ukraine Returnees / Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February / Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.