Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

I’m Yet To Get National Assembly Nod On 2019 Budget, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Yet To Get National Assembly Nod On 2019 Budget, Says Buhari (334 Views)

Why I’m Yet To Join APC Campaign - Yahaya Bello To Tinubu’s Son, Seyi / Absence Of Ministers Won’t Affect 2020 Budget, Says Senate President / I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I’m Yet To Get National Assembly Nod On 2019 Budget, Says Buhari by Nwaforj44: 5:42am On Dec 13, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari says he is yet to get a date from the National Assembly for the presentation of the 2019 appropriation bill.The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udo Udoma, who made the disclosure yesterday in Abuja, explained that sequel to the Federal Executive Council’s (FEC) approval at a special session last Friday, the president was ready to present the fiscal document to a joint session of the parliament.

Buhari had last week transmitted the budget proposals to the legislature, but the minister noted that the delay was due to the inability of the federal lawmakers to give their green light for the presentation.

Udoma, who was briefing State House Correspondents alongside his Information and Transportation counterparts, Lai Mohammed, and Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi, after the end of the FEC meeting presided over by the president, said his boss was prepared for the exercise, insisting that the choice of date falls within the purview of the legislators. He said: “As you already know, the budget is ready. We are liaising with the National Assembly because they are to give us a date. If they say today, we will go.”

On the nation’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP), Udoma said it grew at 1.81per cent in the third quarter of this year compared to the 1.5 per cent result of the preceding quarter.

Regarding claims that portfolio investors were skeptical of the country’s economic environment, the minister submitted that it was natural to be cautious while making investment decisions especially in periods of general elections. He, however, urged investors not be apprehensive about the coming polls, assuring them that the country remains a safe haven for businesses.

On his part, Amaechi said FEC approved $22.995 million for enhancement of security in the maritime sector.Also speaking, Mohammed pledged the president’s commitment to free, free and peaceful elections next year.Besides, the Minister of State for Environment, Ibrahim Usman Jibrin, has resigned his appointment to take up a monarchial post in his home state of Nasarawa.

He told FEC that he had been named the 13th emir of Nasarawa, in Nasarawa Local Council of the state.In a statement, the president described the new first class traditional ruler as a “wise choice and worthy successor.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/12/im-yet-to-get-national-assembly-nod-on.html

Re: I’m Yet To Get National Assembly Nod On 2019 Budget, Says Buhari by baliyubla: 5:42am On Dec 13, 2018
This dunderhead that just approved the Budget at FEC on Friday, is already passing the blame to the National Assembly for not inviting him to present, as if its the NA that stopped the Lifeless from readying his budget months earlier.

Saraki/Dogara should even ignore the dullard until he signs the electoral amendment act. This na Democracy, everybody get where him be champion.
Re: I’m Yet To Get National Assembly Nod On 2019 Budget, Says Buhari by LUGBE: 5:52am On Dec 13, 2018
You won't get it soon till you sign the electoral Act amended bill, Mr. Integrity my foot
Re: I’m Yet To Get National Assembly Nod On 2019 Budget, Says Buhari by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:54am On Dec 13, 2018
The ones approved since you assumed office why not show us the percentage of completion first

If the legislators are doing their work professionally, I believe this question is in order!

There are so many questions begging for answers!

1 Like

Re: I’m Yet To Get National Assembly Nod On 2019 Budget, Says Buhari by wisino1(m): 6:31am On Dec 13, 2018
Oga you can not eat your cake and have it.......sign the electoral law and present your lame budget that you can not even implement up to 50 percent,.......... If not don't complain present it to sagay and keyamo they know the law more that all the national assembly member they will pass and sign it for you
Re: I’m Yet To Get National Assembly Nod On 2019 Budget, Says Buhari by Mynd44: 6:35am On Dec 13, 2018

(1)

Drama As APC Begs Supreme Court To Sack Tambuwal / Jealous LAUTECH Student Stabs Her Boyfriend To Death / My Abductors Told Me They Were Given N3 Million To Kill Me - Nasarawa Politician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.