Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari (2401 Views)

Tribunal: I Was Forced To Sign Presidential Poll Result In Kogi - Joe Agada / How Tanko Muhammad Was "Forced" To Resign As CJN / Absence Of Ministers Won’t Affect 2020 Budget, Says Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by yungshegz: 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2018
FINALLY, President Muhammadu Buhari has signed the 2018 N9.12 trillion Appropriation Bill into law in the absence of the Senate President Bukola Saraki and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara.
The budget was assented to by the President at exactly 12;05 noon at the mini conference room of the Presidential villa,Abuja Buhari while signing the budget said he was compelled to sign the budget not to keep the economy continuously on standstill. He berated the National Assembly for cutting the budget estimates, especially in key sectors which he said would have impacted more on the economy. He also indicated the interest to forward supplementary budget to the National Assembly to make up the figures that were cut by the lawkers.

source:https://www.infonewsnigeria.com/discussion/1305/i-was-forced-to-sign-2018-budget-says-buhari?new=1

lalasticlala mynd44 seun, fynestboi, myssyb3, uboma... DO THE NEEDFUL

Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by Mcreloaded(m): 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2018
Is that why they were off to Russia
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2018
Does this man understand the importance of his signature on that budget?

Always sounding like he's being oppressed

2 Likes

Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by BeingFrank(m): 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
undecided
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by OfficialAPCNig: 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2018
If you don't take charge of your government soon, Nigerians would force you to hand over on May 29th.

1 Like

Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by magoo10(m): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
This is Nigeria
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by CoolFreeday(m): 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2018
I luv Mr. President.

They (NASS) know what they're doing, corrupt old fellows

3 Likes

Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by yungshegz: 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2018
embarassed
Mcreloaded:
Is that why they were off to Russia
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by yungshegz: 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2018
magoo10:
This is Nigeria
abi o
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by yungshegz: 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

dnt mind him
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by yungshegz: 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2018
undecided undecided undecided
BeingFrank:
Why Won't We Have A Supplementary Budget? They Cut The Estimated Budget, Especially The Area That Would Have Impacted Much On Economy. How Much Is Your Feeding And Medical Allowance? If You Are Not Legally Permitted To All You Want, You Open A "Blame Dictionary"
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by yungshegz: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
CoolFreeday:
I luv Mr. President.

They (NASS) know what they're doing, corrupt old fellows
me too
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by yungshegz: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
grin grin grin
OfficialAPCNig:
If you don't take charge of your government soon, Nigerians would force you to hand over on May 29th.
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
Chai we don see something from this man.He is always blaming others for his failures.What's the essence of telling us now? Please try and take responsibility for once.

1 Like

Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by anibi9674: 3:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
ok.
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by SalamRushdie: 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
Even signing the budget has turned to a blame game for the king of blamocracy our one and only blamocratic president Buhari
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by chispain: 4:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
The president has signed the Bill for the year 2018, only heaven knows what the National Assembly was up to
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by Reelectbuhari: 4:15pm On Jun 20, 2018
I doubt if buhari have any meaningful signature

1 Like

Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by PassingShot(m): 4:17pm On Jun 20, 2018
Too many illiterate ignorants including Tonyebarcanista up there.

1 Like

Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by sexy74(m): 4:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
Him say dem force am sign budget and he did ok ooh.
Since they have been forcing to look into the herdsmen killing and other extra judicial killings going on including injustice in employment why have you not done anything?

1 Like

Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by FedericGodwin: 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
The sense of reasoning is gradually reducing in our country. I still don't know why some youths supporting the legislators. Those guys are fraud, they know the youths are behind them blindly. If we scrutinize our sense of reasoning very well and also direct our angers against these people, they won't be doing this to our nation.
Why on earth would they add to the budget for their assembly and deduct from those ones meant to benefit the general public. We should learn to ask these legislatheives what they mean having allocated unnecessary funds to themselves.
Enough is enough. When a country is not moving forward, we should query both arms of government

2 Likes

Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by yungshegz: 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
Chai we don see something from this man.He is always blaming others for his failures.What's the essence of telling us now? Please try and take responsibility for once.
grin grin grin
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by yungshegz: 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Even signing the budget has turned to a blame game for the king of blamocracy our one and only blamocratic president Buhari
ahhh
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by FedericGodwin: 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
See your life. If you know the implications of what they just did you will hate yourself for your reasoning.
These guys cut what are meant to benefit all and add it to their already bloated budget for themselves and family alone, you are here laughing at your future being taking away to benefit their families.

Stop hating the President, he is not the only problem in this government.
Did the national assembly discuss or debate publicly what those monies added to their budget?
Let's take actions and not supporting those taking the future benefits from us
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by chispain: 4:47pm On Jun 20, 2018
despite the cutting and introduction done by the national assembly, Mr President is pushing for progress....he signed the Bill for year 2018. Good job Sir.
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by gberra: 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2018
Yes.. Your good conscience prevailed upon you to sign off on the budget.
You couldn't afford any more moment of delay not when the legislathieves had wasted 7months of our financial year. May God punish them.

-truth burns

1 Like

Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2018
FedericGodwin:

See your life. If you know the implications of what they just did you will hate yourself for your reasoning.
These guys cut what are meant to benefit all and add it to their already bloated budget for themselves and family alone, you are here laughing at your future being taking away to benefit their families.

Stop hating the President, he is not the only problem in this government.
Did the national assembly discuss or debate publicly what those monies added to their budget?
Let's take actions and not supporting those taking the future benefits from us
... Is it only when it comes to the budget that Buhari doesn't have powers over the NASS again? Since he knows that the budget presented to him was not in favour of Nigerians,why appending his signature? Is he also an accomplice? He can twist their arms over his impeachment but can't twist it over what will benefit the entire nation.

1 Like

Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by gberra: 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Ijaw wailer

-truth burns
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by IVORY2009(m): 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2018
[s]
PassingShot:
Too many illiterate ignorants including Tonyebarcanista up there.
[/s]

You that is over-literate, no head, neither is there tail in most of ur write-up/contributions...... shocked
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by FedericGodwin: 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
... Is it only when it comes to the budget that Buhari doesn't have powers over the NASS again? Since he knows that the budget presented to him was not in favour of Nigerians,why appending his signature? Is he also an accomplice? He can twist their arms over his impeachment but can't twist it over what will benefit the entire nation.

Your lots are already crying that he doesn't want to pass the budget. This is June and it took NASS months to even pass the budget but they can keep disturbing IGP.
How did he twist their hands against the impeachment they know can't materialize.
We should be asking NASS the question why they added to their budget and deducting from the masses
Re: I Was Forced To Sign 2018 Budget, Says Buhari by Empiree: 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
HAFSAT ABIOLA REPLIES PDP AND NIGERIAN LOOTERS: IT'S ONLY A LAZY NIGERIAN THAT CANNOT READ THIS TO THE END.

GOES BALLISTIC !

I will only respond because my Sister Mo Demie asked for my view...

Please nobody should abuse my late father here o, I didn't come to your page to comment: All this sudden noise and write up to show that "Buhari was playing politics"......

** When did it become a crime for politicians to play politics?

** Were they not voted in to play politics?
Will it be wrong to develop our roads, infrastructure, free education, return oil blocks to the State instead of individuals?

** What is this noise all about?
Jonathan was voted for by the South West in 2011, the same SW voted for Buhari in 2015, what is all this noise all about the SW going for Buhari?

** Obasanjo, the direct beneficiary of #June12 is from the same State with MKO, why didn't he play politics and declare June 12?

** Jonathan had opportunity for 5 years to do same, he rather gave Abacha from the North posthumous honor, pardoned Ex-convict from the West, Alams from the South... What do you call that?. Is that politics or chemistry?

** 16 years opportunity to acknowledge #June12 they refused to use the #PoliticalUndertone...

** So are you expecting Buhari to use Biological or Chemical undertone to take such decision?

**Why are you guys fixated about those supporting Buhari, is it not a choice and must you dictate to others?

** You brought up religious sentiments prio to 2015 election, yet blamed Buhari fr being the religious bigot.... Jonathan was running from one Church to another, Sambo openly told them in the North that they must not vote for Buhari because Osinbajo is a Pastor of a big Church....Who is a religious bigot here?

** I mean, who was running from one religious organisation to another in 2015 because of politics? Pastor Bosun came up with that sudden apostasy, wrapped up Jonathan PDP politics in the name of "wake up call" message.

** I'm happy that I'm still here. I asked him when most of you were analyzing that heretic message that "Jonathan is fulfilling prophecy".....

** I asked a simple question: "Which prophecy is Jonathan"? Pastor Bosun went ahead to say "even if the Islamic party (APC) presents a Christian Governor in Lagos, you must not vote for him, you must vote for the other party(PDP)...... Wait, who was using religion?

** Obasanjo removed Senate Presidents at will, removed any opposing voice, removed Fayose for a small insult, removed Ladoja with thugs in Ibadan....Who are you calling "DICTATOR"? Muhammadu Buhari.........

** Obasanjo withheld Lagos State fund for 3 years, not minding how Lagosians would eat, Yaradua got there and released the fund...

** NASS members were abusing Buhari openly, messing up everything at will, Fayose has been abusing Buhari for 4 years now.....

** Not a single State in Nigeria has been denied their constitutional rights because of politics till date, all their funds, Paris fund, bail out, FAAC etc... But who is the DICTATOR? BUHARI.

** Jonathan ensured that NASS opposition members were locked out including Tambuwa the Speaker of the house. They had to climb gate to gain access.....

Jonathan empowered OPCs in Lagos and they were destroying anything in Ikorodu to Ojota that looked like opposition party. Orga of DSS was used to invade APC secretariat, Journalist arrested and Newspapers siezed, we forgot all these....

Ekiti was militarised, Fayose was given power from Aso rock to order Military guys at will. Fayemi the incumbent at that moment was rendered powerless that he was shouting when Police commissioner was used by PDP and a guy was shot...All these videos and pictures are still here (google is your friend)...

But who is the dictator? BUHARI. Jonatahn met FX+ECA at $62 billion+. He DEPLETED it to less than $30 Billion in 5 years Jonathan sold crude oil for 5 years at an average of $100 per barrel of 2.2 million daily (2010-2014). Did he add a DIME to Nigeria purse in 5 years? NO.

Buhari the ILLITERATE sold oil at an average of $50 of less than 700,000 barrel at some points because of militancy, yet had moved that FX to $47 Billion in 3 years. Don't say how much did he borrow if you don't even have the figure borrowed between 2010-2015 without adding a dime to FX. Who is the ILLITERATE? BUHARIIII.

Jide Omokore, Aluko and oil goddess Alinson made an oil deal of N1 trillion and chose not to remit to Nigeria under GEJ. Did anyone raise eyebrow? INTEL of Atiku refused to remit to NPA, not until last year that "ordinary" Hadiza the NPA boss challenged INTEL and insisted the funds must be remitted.

A Christian Professor had been leading JAMB all through Obasanjo to Jonathan yet for 40 years of JAMB, only N52 Million was remitted to FG....A Muslim Professor who was appointed just in two years of handling JAMB remitted over N15 Billion......FIFTEEN BILLION ooO....

So who is following after righteousness? For five years of Okonjo Iweala was paying over 45,000 ghost workers unabated, yet just within 3 years, "ordinary" Kemi Adeosun removed such nonsense...I ask again who is more effective? Ordinary Abuja metro lane took 11 years from OBJ period that he I IT

*FORWARDED!*

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Time For President Buhari To Act On Security Of The Nation / Rivers Election: If Wike Wins........ / Buhari Breaks With Tradition, Names Southerner As Hajj Commission Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.