Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

My Nigerian Trip - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Nigerian Trip (9011 Views)

Nigerian's Trip Around The USA Part 2 ( Holy Land Experience, Disneyworld) / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport / My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nigerian Trip by 7Alexandre: 4:45pm On Mar 13, 2019
Goldenboy007:

Lol, you know we Americans plan our vacation spending way before time. I had a sibling coming in from UK for vacation in US and he was at the Holiday Inn in the lower Manhattan - so I didn't have a choice - I planned to drink the garri later..Hahahahaha.

grin grin grin
Lol...
Re: My Nigerian Trip by Goldenboy007(m): 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2019
7Alexandre:

I heard both Qatar Airways & Emirates Airline offer better inflight Services...

I don’t really know how true though but we’ll see...

Bro ..with all these planes going down recently and my fear of flying let me stick with those ones I am sure of ...its their technology ..they know where they hid all the witches worrying the Aircraft. I heard Emirate is good too.

2 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Trip by 7Alexandre: 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
Goldenboy007:

Bro ..with all these planes going down recently and my fear of flying let me stick with those ones I am sure of ...its their technology ..they know where they hid all the witches worrying the Aircraft. I heard Emirate is good too.

grin grin grin

You’re funny...

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Trip by Goldenboy007(m): 4:57pm On Mar 13, 2019
7Alexandre:

Ok...

Are there any other nice hotels around VI that’re cheaper you can recommend...

Check Expedia ..it gives you an idea. Also read reviews on them. Don't rely on the pictures you see online ..some of those pictures were taken when the hotel was new.
I use the following criteria to pick hotels in Nigeria

1- Uninterrupted power supply
2- Reliable Wifi
3- Security
4- Very clean environment
5- Functional facilities including furniture - I don't do hotels without gym and swimming pool.
Re: My Nigerian Trip by Beautyaddy: 5:12pm On Mar 13, 2019
Goldenboy007:

Loool!!....now that is so funny grin

Emirates Airline have better service in terms of food and air hostesses...and also the layout of their seats have more room space with their economy seats.

However, if you don't mind the very, very long travel times...for example travelling from the US east coast States to Dubai is about 12 hours flight and then it takes another 7 hours flight time from Dubai to Lagos.
Re: My Nigerian Trip by mycutiepie(f): 5:20am On Mar 19, 2019
It's okay. I am hardly on here except am doing research � So you are good.

Yes am on your side but am already packing my stuff in Ghana must go and heading home �The weather is not pleasant like your side but hey spring is putting on her canvas to send winter to it's cave.

Goldenboy007:

Thank you for the compliment. Sorry my reply is like 2 months late. I love to write but having the time to do it is the problem. It seems you are also at this side of the world ? How is the weather over there ?
Re: My Nigerian Trip by Jakumo(m): 8:25am On Mar 19, 2019
Goldenboy007:
Nigeria my experience

I have just finished reading a thread now on Nairaland about what Australians think of Nigerians. I don't want to sound sarcastic but who are Australians? In my own opinion an average American would classify Australia and Africa as same. - Aborigins

Most of our challenges in Nigeria are self inflicted - I read through I was disappointed how people were bashing each other - insulting the country and themselves.

Now let me give a very basic example - The roads and traffic in Lagos. My experience from traveling on Lagos road was insanity. Several times I asked my Uber driver why he is driving rough - he blamed the other road users. Why are you blaming other road users when you also are a terrible driver. We find faults in others but we never consider what we have also contributed to the problem.

The problem is - YOU ARE ALL DRIVING CRAZY !!! I can never drive in Nigeria. I used to think my brother in UK was forming when he said he cannot drive in Nigeria, until I came back and discovered same thing. I have never seen a country where people drive in between lanes. Those broken lines are meant to separate 2 lanes - you guys drive in the middle. You don't use your pointers , you all don't respect other motorist , you use your bumpers as weapons, commercial or private vehicles no difference. It was like a scene from Mad Max.
We do not see our own faults, we blame everybody else but ourselves. Nigeria is not about the land or geographical area, it is we the people !! So if you say Nigeria is not good - it is you and me !!! We are not good !!!

When I went for my driving test in US , the test instructor asked where I am from when he heard my accent - I said Nigeria !! He screamed !!! Nigerians are terrible drivers - na there fear catch me whether I go pass this test. Alas I passed because I read all road codes.

The funny thing I saw in Nigeria were the STOP signs - for all we care in Nigeria those signs were invisible - people just drive pass it. What of traffic light ? The average Uber breeze through red light like demons on a mission - I was always screaming - extremely dangerous to do that !!!

I cant lie to you all...that was the most stressful vacation I have ever had....when I got back to Chicago , I knelt down and thank God that I survived - glad to be "home" . I got into my car, drove on peace and tranquility - appreciated America more.

Pix - that pix with the Honda Accord is Nigeria ..the rest are US. Can anybody tell me what is wrong with that road sign in the Nigeria pix?

You ain't lyin' about the traffic in Nigeria ha ha ha. The only driving I would ever attempt in Nigeria would be on rural back roads, far from the nearest town or city, out on those desolate stretches of asphalt where one might encounter another car every ten minutes or so.

As for driving in a city like Lagos, that is best left to the demolition-derby gladiators that are professional, seasoned Lagos drivers. The basic rule for driving in Lagos is that there are NO rules. In Lagos, hesitation is a sign of weakness and courtesy is unknown, while leaning on a loud blaring car-horn is expected at all times, and by all drivers present. Turn signals are never used in Lagos because everyone fully intends to cut in front of everyone else, even if that means scraping each other's wing-mirrors off during the frenzied motorized shoving match.

In short, for Lagos driving, man pass man.

Lagos people, I hail una. You dey fight war every day. Some go win, some go jam. Chai ! I fear Lagos driver o. Lie no good.

4 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Trip by Blackbelly(m): 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2019
Jakumo:

You ain't lyin' about the traffic in Nigeria ha ha ha. The only driving I would ever attempt in Nigeria would be on rural back roads, far from the nearest town or city, out on those desolate stretches of asphalt where one might encounter another car every ten minutes or so.

As for driving in a city like Lagos, that is best left to the demolition-derby gladiators that are professional, seasoned Lagos drivers. The basic rule for driving in Lagos is that there are NO rules. In Lagos, hesitation is a sign of weakness and courtesy is unknown, while leaning on a loud blaring car-horn is expected at all times, and by all drivers present. Turn signals are never used in Lagos because everyone fully intends to cut in front of everyone else, even if that means scraping each other's wing-mirrors off during the frenzied motorized shoving match.

In short, for Lagos driving, man pass man.

Lagos people, I hail una. You dey fight war every day. Some go win, some go jam. Chai ! I fear Lagos driver o. Lie no good.

Hahaha...rotf I think with all the reviews about driving in Lagos, someone would come up with a 'Lagos driving' game soon. Funny experiences

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Asmara (eritrea Capital City) Pictures / Types Of Passports In Nigeria / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.