Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,403 members, 7,954,599 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. (41418 Views)

Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? / How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) / The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by bitingcool: 12:30am On Dec 14, 2018
Rocktation:

Haba...you just talk like say na you invent egusi soup. Which one is practice makes perfect for where dish arrangement de? Go to Paris and see magical cuisines; frying pans catching fire ontop recipe, people gathering herbs, weeds and what not, together, ontop dishes that supposedly have standard recipes. All in some race to become the next best chef.

No mind d guy. Too know make agbede short!
Weldone OP. U no tell us how U were rewarded..was it in d oza room grin?

2 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Rocktation(f): 12:31am On Dec 14, 2018
bitingcool:

No mind d guy. Too know make agbede short!
Weldone OP. U no tell us how U were rewarded..was it in d oza room grin?

Lol. Olofofo. Na only soup hin want you to know about.

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Candyness(f): 1:02am On Dec 14, 2018
samisj4real:
I hate seeing a guy cook. undecided

Darlin, You dont have a car? You dont have a house? You dont have a job? You dont even have money but yet you have the ordersity to chat to me onlinr? A Mature lady? Darlin you lack respet and i blame internet.
. If you walk up to me in the real world and say hello, i will definately slap your face

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Nellyblaq: 1:10am On Dec 14, 2018
Op,you did well.You got the procedure right. Ignore whoever that said you didn't get it right. There are different methods of cooking egusi soup. It depends on individual choice. And by the way, continue being romantic to your wife.✌

6 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Frankhace: 2:08am On Dec 14, 2018
Adanairaland:
Nice one..
I still prefer Uziza to Scent leaves
na u dey chop am, see ur mouth like prefer
if i blow u ehhn

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by uvie66: 2:21am On Dec 14, 2018
Which kind yeye soup be this?
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:33am On Dec 14, 2018
you re preparing to shIt your azz out. You better add bitter leaf

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by CarGuide: 2:34am On Dec 14, 2018
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by missyblissy: 2:46am On Dec 14, 2018
Hubby of life... Am jealous oooo. Many African men will never do this. Na to sit down for sitting room, watching tv and waiting to be served nai dem sabi angry

Oga please ignore any negative comments.

Iyawo you have found a great thing indeed and you better treat this your hubby well oooo. He is one of a kind,in type no plenty at all. grin

4 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by missyblissy: 2:49am On Dec 14, 2018
TOPCRUISE:
you re preparing to shIt your azz out. You better add bitter leaf

To each his own. I hate egusi cooked with bitter leaf, i prefer uziza or ugu. grin
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 14, 2018
TONYE001:

The vegetable was barely cooked for one minute.. The stock was added before the water as explained above.. The scent leaves were not too much for my liking.. And the aroma wasn't too much either..

I believe there are numerous procedures in preparing a given dish. No one can be judged as wrong as far as the final taste is pleasant (which is relative) and the nutrients are preserved.

Thanks again for your comment.. Trust your day is turning out well..

10/10

2 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by TONYE001(m): 4:44am On Dec 14, 2018
deepwater:
OP was this a motivation from Mr EMMA story of this morning ?

I haven't come across the said story. I'd look for it.
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by wokemzine: 4:48am On Dec 14, 2018
Candyness:

Darlin, You dont have a car? You dont have a house? You dont have a job? You dont even have money but yet you have the ordersity to chat to me onlinr? A Mature lady? Darlin you lack respet and i blame internet.
. If you walk up to me in the real world and say hello, i will definately slap your face
shocked
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by TONYE001(m): 4:48am On Dec 14, 2018
Pruwa:
Applauddise!!!
Keep it up

Je vous remerci.

Bonjour.
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by TONYE001(m): 4:52am On Dec 14, 2018
TruthHurts100:

Nahhhh.

You dice onions into your egusi, add lil water and mix well. Then drop the egusi in molds into the stock on the fire. Then add palm oil. Don't stir yet. After like 3mins... You can stir just to make sure it's not sticking to the pot. Now add your leave. Don't stir till 3mins.

There are a dozen more styles in preparing this dish. Each culture has got its own. If I hadn't gone to Abuja, I would never have known one can use scent leaves instead of the usual ugwu or bitter leaves that I've always known since my younger years.

2 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by TONYE001(m): 4:53am On Dec 14, 2018
bidak:
See as people plenty for the thread, they wan use style come learn how to cook Egusi grin grin Nice job OP but try add iru(locust beans) next time

I'd try this some other time. Thank you..
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by TONYE001(m): 4:55am On Dec 14, 2018
ibietela2:
Nice, but scent leaves? That's new

New to me to. Learnt it from a good friend of mine at Abuja.
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by TONYE001(m): 4:58am On Dec 14, 2018
samisj4real:
I hate seeing a guy cook. undecided

Awwwww, brother. Cooking is an important hubby to me.

When I cook, I consider myself to be a chemist in the lab. I see the ingredients as reagents that must be carefully added at fixed amounts to make a good product.

I really love cooking.

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by TONYE001(m): 5:02am On Dec 14, 2018
Zieina:
What is this? Egusi soup without pepper in it? Pukes.

No na, there's pepper in it na. I stated it up there.
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by TONYE001(m): 5:07am On Dec 14, 2018
Thanks to the mods that pushed this to the Front Page.

I really appreciate.
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Evagbosoria: 5:26am On Dec 14, 2018
Please, which thickener did you use for rivers native soup? I stay in Ajah too.
newdawn2017:
Na Im bi d original fisherman soup na. Lol! D soup 2 expensive 2 cook 4 Lagos here 2 see healthy big perewinkles na war. D Last time 1 high class man gave me money 2 make d soup 4 him d@ he enjoyed it in his office canteen on bourdilon in ikoyi. I5k wey I use make 4 portions of d soup, I managed as I couldn't find ngolo & blood clamps in ajah market, & he didn't like snails. Just used perewinkles & shrimps with fresh fish only
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 14, 2018
Adanairaland:
Nice one..

I still prefer Uziza to Scent leaves
U sabi something madam. I can't even swallow egusi with scent leaves.. Can't even imagine how horrible it would taste but op's choice sha

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by TONYE001(m): 5:35am On Dec 14, 2018
dairykidd:

U sabi something madam. I can't even swallow egusi with scent leaves.. Can't even imagine how horrible it would taste but op's choice sha

Won't know until you try it... Just give it a try...
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 14, 2018
TONYE001:

Won't know until you try it... Just give it a try...

Lolz the thought of it alone do me.. No vex put smiley

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Mizwisdom(f): 5:58am On Dec 14, 2018
99/100 score. This OP is a good husband, I hope your mrs hold you well cause your type is uncommon in Nigeria. 99% of real women like guys that can cook

2 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Uncletony(m): 6:12am On Dec 14, 2018
2/100 if am in my right mood. if not 0/100. i beg u in the name of whatever u believe in, dnt ruin my perchant for egusi soup

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by technicallyrich(m): 6:18am On Dec 14, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
Rivers native soup and fisherman's soup...Kai, I love Nigerian native food!
we are not nigerians,we are biafrans.
Pls dont make that mistake again.
As for the food,it looks stale.
Tonye why dont you prepare ijaw native food,onunu.

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by walosky(m): 6:31am On Dec 14, 2018
Afonja kinda Egusi soup

After eating this shit make sure you buy dozens of tissue paper for a runny stomach awaits you
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by TONYE001(m): 6:50am On Dec 14, 2018
MCMXCVIII:
??As a student cooking egusi just turn luxury. Besides, how much is a cup?

True. Egusi is about N200 per cup here in Port Harcourt. It could be cheaper elsewhere.
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 14, 2018
Frankhace:

na u dey chop am, see ur mouth like prefer

if i blow u ehhn

Lol..

Lemme Alone
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Allaboutkatiee(f): 7:24am On Dec 14, 2018
Wrongggggg

Procedure angry
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by ibietela2(m): 7:31am On Dec 14, 2018
TONYE001:

New to me to. Learnt it from a good friend of mine at Abuja.

That's nice

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Cook Nigerian Stew Without Frying It / 12 Beautiful Delicacies From All Over Nigeria / Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.