Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,175 members, 7,957,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:58 AM

My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. (41443 Views)

Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? / How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) / The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by seunmohmoh(f): 11:06pm On Dec 13, 2018
What is egusi?

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by maryalloy(f): 11:06pm On Dec 13, 2018
Oga welldon you try

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Pruwa: 11:07pm On Dec 13, 2018
Applauddise!!!
Keep it up

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by marvin906(m): 11:07pm On Dec 13, 2018
this just made me remember a roommate of mine back in school..
he's the person have seen that used groundnut oil to cook egusi soup..
he's the first person have seen that wanted to fry ugu leave with groundnut oil..
he's the first person have seen that cooked jollof rice without oil like 3 times
He's the first person have seen that boiled my Bean's powder hoping it will form akara abi moi moi

In short you chop e food there's a big probability you might end up in the hospital

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by flyingdutchman(m): 11:08pm On Dec 13, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin You're evil
shortgun:
This is a fail...20/100
I beg you in the name of whatever you believe in don't abuse egusi soup like this again next time.

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by skentelelady(f): 11:08pm On Dec 13, 2018
kissd

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by newdawn2017(f): 11:09pm On Dec 13, 2018
shortgun:

Too much water.
Overcooked vegetable.
You didn't allow the oil to heat properly n its too much that's why the oil is separating.
Next time add stock fish no matter how small.
Your procedure is wrong....You have to pour in the stock first before adding water(you might not need to add water sef)
Scent leave is too much....the aroma will be "too strong"
Anyways, practice makes perfect.
Agwu nwa Mariah! cheesy if I marry u enh, I nor cook 4 House again, Walayi. I go just be ur cook assistant preparing & dressing everything u will use 2 cook down 4 u 2 do d cooking sometimes. Or not enter kitchen @ all.

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by TruthHurts100: 11:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
TONYE001:
6. Put an empty pot on fire and heat it to dryness,

7. Pour the palm oil and allow to heat,

8. Pour your grounded egusi and stir,

9. Pour the meat stock and stir,

10. Pour additional quantity of water to the soup until it gets to your desired volume,

11. Add the meat and additional spices until you achieve your desired taste,

12. Allow to boil for seven to ten minutes.

Nahhhh.

You dice onions into your egusi, add lil water and mix well. Then drop the egusi in molds into the stock on the fire. Then add palm oil. Don't stir yet. After like 3mins... You can stir just to make sure it's not sticking to the pot. Now add your leave. Don't stir till 3mins.

3 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
TONYE001:
Food is ready. You can eat with eba, akpu, pounded yam, etc..
Kai, You are husband material..how many yards? Nairalanders will be the judge. The look of your soup tho grin. In any case you can find your way to the kitchen, boil water without burning the house down and whip up this baby poop looking soup...let's be liberal with em score...15/100 ...as we no come taste am nah, the aroma, method nko etc...just manage the 15/100...you try

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by bidak(m): 11:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
See as people plenty for the thread, they wan use style come learn how to cook Egusi grin grin Nice job OP but try add iru(locust beans) next time

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by abdulazeez1002(m): 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2018
This soup sef no go sweetgrin

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by newdawn2017(f): 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2018
TONYE001:

The vegetable was barely cooked for one minute.. The stock was added before the water as explained above.. The scent leaves were not too much for my liking.. And the aroma wasn't too much either..

I believe there are numerous procedures in preparing a given dish. No one can be judged as wrong as far as the final taste is pleasant (which is relative) and the nutrients are preserved.

Thanks again for your comment.. Trust your day is turning out well..
u dey mind d@ sabastine! undecided egusi, okra, our own Rivers native seafood Rich soup has variant procedures ogbono too. D recipe 4 egusi soup is more than 5 not 2 talk of okra.

2 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
Eeeewwww!! what kinda Rubbish is this?? embarassed is this supposed be food? you can only eat this shiit if you are suicidal.

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
SingleWahala:
cheesy.....As we dey wait for dis Nairalander Egusi soup........ grin grin grin
amin

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2018
newdawn2017:
u dey mind d@ sabastine! undecided egusi, okra, our own Rivers native seafood Rich soup has variant procedures ogbono too. D recipe 4 egusi soup is more than 5 not 2 talk of okra.
Rivers native soup and fisherman's soup...Kai, I love Nigerian native food!

2 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by chiboy1116: 11:19pm On Dec 13, 2018
Op u should add cannabis sativa next time wink, makes the soup more lecker

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by newdawn2017(f): 11:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
Rivers native soup and fisherman's soup...Kai, I love Nigerian native food!
Na Im bi d original fisherman soup na. Lol! D soup 2 expensive 2 cook 4 Lagos here 2 see healthy big perewinkles na war. D Last time 1 high class man gave me money 2 make d soup 4 him d@ he enjoyed it in his office canteen on bourdilon in ikoyi. I5k wey I use make 4 portions of d soup, I managed as I couldn't find ngolo & blood clamps in ajah market, & he didn't like snails. Just used perewinkles & shrimps with fresh fish only

3 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by bongo4real(m): 11:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
Bros you try but you just murdered our dear egusi soup.
Egusi is one of the easiest soup to prepare. With simple ingredients.

Recipes
Red oil
Egusi granded
Stock fish(very important for test.)
Cray fish (very important)
Stock (water from meat, goat or beef)
Ugu or bitter leave (or mix ugu and water leaves)
Maggie and salt
Pound fresh pepper

How to prepare.
Add your stock water, beef or goat meat.
When boiling, mix your egusi with small cold water like how women mix grand beans for akara.
Add the mix egusi in the boiling stock water like akara being put inside oil.
Allow the egusi to dissolve by itself, do not cover the pot. Add red oil while the egusi is melting.
After like 10 minutes, add pepper, small Maggi and salt (remember some are already in the stock from meat). Allow it to boil for another 10 minutes then add vegetables and close, turn off gas. Open after like 3 minutes and enjoy.
Thank me later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by ibietela2(m): 11:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
Nice, but scent leaves? That's new

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 13, 2018
Uyiii:
is this egusi soup or vomitcheesy

abeg op, stick to cooking rice and boiling water for eba if you must cookcry

haha, op you're crying, someone cannot even play with you, is that how you use to docheesy
bur seriously sha, focus on manly duties in the house whenever you're around, why you go just use kpomo scatter everywhere for pot, dem use kpomo swear for youcheesy
I dey wait to see your own. A meal may appear nice and palatable but it might not be sweet. If you like add all the necessary ingredient and spice to make a good meal if it is not sweet,it is wasted effort

2 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 13, 2018
deepwater:
OP was this a motivation from Mr EMMA story of this morning ?
grin grin grin it seems SL grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Xmen149(m): 11:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
LOL..see bashing cheesy

Using this method will make the food look mushy...

rather bring to boil stock fish,dryfish,ur pepper, boiled meat,..later add red oil,.allow to boil very well then put your egusi and cover,.stair after 1 or 2 min and add other stuffs...

whats up with scent leaf and in egusi soup are you from chad undecided ...use pumpkin leaf,.the uziza leaf/sead...

2 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by erenax: 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2018
abdulazeez1002:
This soup sef no go sweetgrin

Hahahaja grin grin . You Don dey find trouble for nairaland

2 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by samisj4real(m): 11:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
I hate seeing a guy cook. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 13, 2018
Very nice one op
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by aariwa(m): 11:55pm On Dec 13, 2018
TONYE001:
INGREDIENTS

1. Two cups of egusi,
2. Scent leaves,
3. Meat (beef),
4. Periwinkles,
5. Smoked fish (iced fish),
6. Spices (salt, pepper, three cubes of maggi),
7. Crayfish,
8. Palm oil,
9. Half ball of onions,
10. Clean water.
Congrats brother

2 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Viccur(m): 12:03am On Dec 14, 2018
Marriage is scam and overstretched. BTW what's the big deal you sha wanto show off abi. Instead of you to eat balanced diet like Fried pawpaw and roasted bread and flush it down with chilled palmoil. radarada
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by kapelvej: 12:08am On Dec 14, 2018
Nice one bro
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Probz(m): 12:13am On Dec 14, 2018
You should be banned from stepping foot in the niche again for whipping up that abomination.

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by dingbang(m): 12:14am On Dec 14, 2018
The taste of the pudding is in the eating..

Not through pictures.. Olodos and it's everywhere.
Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by stasius: 12:21am On Dec 14, 2018
Scent leaves kwa? In egwusi?

4 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. by Zieina(f): 12:27am On Dec 14, 2018
What is this? Egusi soup without pepper in it? Pukes.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State / Mention One Funny Food Combination You Know About / Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.