Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,069 members, 7,953,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:15 PM

Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu (15938 Views)

My Trip To Washington DC from Lagos / Truck Loaded With Cattle to Enugu Somersaulted On Kano Flyover / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by redsquare(m): 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2018
olayinkajnr:
Never been to any part of the East.

Since last week, I've been seeing pictures of Enugu to be specific. I'll love to visit there first. Beautiful place to be.

You are most welcome bro. Enugu and in fact eastern Nigeria is a nice place to visit. Forget all the negative things you read on NL about the East.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by numen(m): 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
042 is the code. Wonderful peeps keeping it real.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by ojmetrix(m): 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
undecided
Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
Other tribes should actually learn how to travel to avoid certain misconceptions..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by dejonathan(f): 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
Y are did u commend der hospitality unlike the west.....there's no point condemning one to commend the other

1 Like

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by after4: 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2018
042 ebe Ooku na ewu na enu, if you know you know

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by Bambambiglo: 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2018
LZAA:

Roger3D and sarrki wee not like this grin
Cc immhotep velocity25 Gmbuharii deomelo

Inferiority complex at it peak.. smh
Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by dododawa1: 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2018
Enugu has one of d best ROAD network in Nigeria by (Dododawa Omo Yoruba)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by babtoundey(m): 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2018
I wish to go to that side of the country one day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by ZombieTAMER: 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2018
olayinkajnr:
Never been to any part of the East.

Since last week, I've been seeing pictures of Enugu to be specific. I'll love to visit there first. Beautiful place to be.

There is no money to make in Enugu
Better stay were you are...

3 Likes

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by LZAA: 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2018
Bambambiglo:

Inferiority complex at it peak.. smh

1 Like

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by Jman06(m): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2018
042 is cool

1 Like

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by madridsta007(m): 4:52pm On Dec 13, 2018
ct2:
ipob will not like this man

Cant sane people discuss without nitwits derailing the thread bikonu?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by Odingo1: 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
isan:
90 percent of westerners have never been to the east before
Yes, including the core north, when I was younger I learnt about Yoruba tribe in social science in school and come in contact with first Yoruba person during my youth service days. I grow up in Maiduguri and have travel widely in Nigeria before my youth service, it is very very hard to see a Yoruba person outside the South West.
Real life experience, Igbos and Hausas are everywhere.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by SenselessIdiot: 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2018
ZombieTAMER:

I swear down bro. That's the only disadvantage i can think of.
If you are broke please stay where you are.
You go enjoy 042 when you hold bar fr.

I love that state die

2 Likes

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by IamAtikulate: 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2018
Enugu was named in the first batch of theTop 100 most resilient cities in the world. Over 600 global cities competed in that batch, only 35 were selected. Enugu made the list with the like of London, Paris, Barcelona, Athens e.t.c

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2018
Corrinthians:
That is because there is absolutely nothing to be gained there than an infection with the hate virus unlike easterners who flock to the west in their thousands daily to afford themselves a better life. cool

You do need to grow sense.You are not a toddler anymore.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by Fatherofdragons: 5:07pm On Dec 13, 2018
First time an hearing such from a Yoruba man and if they continue like this I might change my tribalistic ways and where is the fun in that?

6 Likes

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 13, 2018
haladadon:
so unlike the west if you ask people for directions they think you want to use them for fetish.... na waaaaa....o

when I was in ibadan, I noticed that they are so afraid of rain.
.grin

they are so afraid of common rain, some people saw me walk in the rain and they were scared of me.

You are lucky they didn’t lynch you for being in the rain. Maybe they thought the tyre and fuel wouldn’t lit up when it’s raining.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by Chukazu: 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2018
Odingo1:

Yes, including the core north, when I was younger I learnt about Yoruba tribe in social science in school and come in contact with first Yoruba person during my youth service days. I grow up in Maiduguri and have travel widely in Nigeria before my youth service, it is very very hard to see a Yoruba person outside the South West.
Real life experience, Igbos and Hausas are everywhere.

That's not true. There are loads of Yoruba in the East... even well settled folks .Abia in particular has good number of Yoruba

5 Likes

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by Ziggylady(f): 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2018
isan:
90 percent of westerners have never been to the east before

Make that 98%

@thread Enugu is quite serene with good road net-works..it is bae indeed. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by Ranchhoddas: 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2018
Enugu is a nice city. If I were to live in the East I think it will be my preferred city.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by FBIL: 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
100% truth! No boasting but I want to say: Enugu is clean and sweet. That's all!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by unclefresh(m): 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
70% of these boys and girls that gather at that okpala square ,didn't come to jog , some came to snap pics , some came for contancts , niggas came to look for all these school girls to collect number , some babes dey find sugar daddies and husband ,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by PHIPEX(m): 5:59pm On Dec 13, 2018
The inability of an average westerner to travel beyond their region makes them think that it's Lagos or no where else. But for Economic reasons, most people will exit Lagos. I once told a friend that the houses in my village is at par with the houses in Ketu, Oshodi etc.

I like the spirit of the book, Nigeria is better off together but tribalism and hate currently being championed by Buhari himself is the greatest threat to our unity.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by APOSTLECHUMA: 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2018
LOOKS LIKE HIS HOST DIDNT TAKE HIM TO AMALA EMBASSY NEAR ARTISAN OR ANY OF THE MANY AMALA JOINTS IN ENUGU AS THERE WAS NO MENTION OF HIS ENJOYING THIS DELICIOUS WESTERN FOOD IN COAL CITY. NICE ONE FROM OUR YORUBA BRO.
Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by Baroba(m): 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2018
ZombieTAMER:

True, unemployment is very high, no factories or industries.. Enugu have always been serene and peaceful though I noticed the place is getting crowded ( I visited last month )..

People are doing what the can setting up small scale buisnesses under difficult economic climate , Personally I don't see anything special about Ugwuanyi, compared to Chimaroke and Chime; he is certainly not an upgrade.. Plastering his fat Face all over the place.. not impressed..

The rate of real estate development is phenomenal, houses, estates going up at incredible speed.. In less than five years it will be difficult to find an open space in Enugu metropolis.. Even the express way isn't left out, which was unheard of 10 years ago..

Crime is very low, night life is still the normal bar and lounge thing, road networks are good..

Coal City needs big investment, it's still seen as an Oringo city, ( where you flex your money and hang out in bars with friends and beautiful honeys if that's your thing)..

I will be back on 24th, meet me at vodoo lounge, we throwing down for my birthday.. code: Nairalander cheesy

Love my city.. grin

6 Likes

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by persius555(m): 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2018
The first time i visited enugu, i immediately fell in love with the city. The city, the people, the ambiance are a joy to relish. I look forward to another visit and hope to stay longer.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by olayinkajnr(m): 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2018
ZombieTAMER:

I'm not going there to make money. Thank you though.
Re: Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu by olayinkajnr(m): 6:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
redsquare:

You are most welcome bro. Enugu and in fact eastern Nigeria is a nice place to visit. Forget all the negative things you read on NL about the East.

Negative things?

That's the least of the things I look at. I don't welcome any form of negativity in my life. I'll visit Enugu.

My best friend Aisha was born there. A yoruba lady but she so much understands Igbo ehn. She can speak and write it very well.

If my friend can have a very good upbringing in Enugu from birth, then, it's definitely a place to visit.

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia / Why We Deported 50 Foreigners From Nigeria — Babandede, Comptroller-General / Qatar Work Visa For 600k.is It Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.