Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,561 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic (60036 Views)

Isaac Fayose: Atiku Plans To Install Emirs In Southern Nigeria / Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process / Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by abduljabbar4(m): 9:49am On Dec 14, 2018
centboy123456:

tell me how many. country in this world care about Arabic how many people can read or speaker in Arabic can u go to the US or the UK I say I know how to speak or write in Arabic guy stop been foolish pls the work that care about Arabic so what are u saying God Nigeria is a sacm and years from now Nigeria will break because we at not one and never will

Youbare obviously dumb and uneducated for saying that gibberish. Arabic, for your info, is the most spoken language in Africa and it is also an official language of the UN. Please stop displaying your ignorance here. Moreover, no single language determines one's literacy level. Even if you can only read and write in chinese you are a literatr

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by abduljabbar4(m): 9:51am On Dec 14, 2018
SadMemories:
Northern thieves leave biafra oil.the north and igbos have nothing in common bloody jihadist grin cool angry You upset? so will you slit my throat just like of Afghan Talibans or Hausa Boko Haram.

You mean 9ja delta oil? What does biafra offer to the Nigerian economy other than drug trafficking, coumterfeiting, prostitution and cultism? Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by fk001(m): 9:52am On Dec 14, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Nothing more to say...same old boring insults cheesy

The north cannot be messed with militarily by any other region...if e pain you wella jump into the lagoon tongue

NEXT!

You are done with him bro cheesy

High five!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by fk001(m): 9:55am On Dec 14, 2018
cucumbae:
The north want unity at all cost because they don't have anything to fall back on.

Nigeria Unity is non negotiable, not anytime soon.

Your leaders had already sold your freedom to the North, and you as a common man cannot do anything about it.

2 Likes

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 14, 2018
fk001:

Your leaders had already sold your freedom to the North, and you as a common man cannot do anything about it.

So says you.
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by centboy123456(m): 10:02am On Dec 14, 2018
abduljabbar4:

Youbare obviously dumb and uneducated for saying that gibberish. Arabic, for your info, is the most spoken language in Africa and it is also an official language of the UN. Please stop displaying your ignorance here. Moreover, no single language determines one's literacy level. Even if you can only read and write in chinese you are a literatr

oh my god Arabic, is the most spoken language in Africa were did u get that from
boko haram lol this aboki people are really funny how many country in Africa speak Arabic tell me this people will forever be foolish I swear u guys are still living in 1722 and were did u get it that the UN speak Arabic or na matter trie me this is the mean reason why I want Nigeria to break because u guys never move forward
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by centboy123456(m): 10:03am On Dec 14, 2018
sapoyoro:

oloriburuku,oloshi.. why is it you bastard dirty looking northerners that always shout about unity?
who want to be united with boko haram terrorists,illiterates and retrogressive people..
unity na by force?
aboki have you shine my shoe yet?
wereyy

lol bro u finish this people I swear lol
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by abduljabbar4(m): 10:07am On Dec 14, 2018
centboy123456:

oh my god Arabic, is the most spoken language in Africa were did u get that from
boko haram lol this aboki people are really funny how many country in Africa speak Arabic tell me this people will forever be foolish I swear u guys are still living in 1722 and were did u get it that the UN speak Arabic or na matter trie me this is the mean reason why I want Nigeria to break because u guys never move forward

Why dont you stop disgracing yourself and make a little research. Arabic is the most spoken language in Africa followed by Swahili. Ever heard of Northern Africa? You are worse than an illiterate.

UN official languages:

English

Russian

Spanish

French

Arabic

Even if you are too dumb at least why dont you use google?

Why would a human being choose to remain ignorant?

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by abduljabbar4(m): 10:15am On Dec 14, 2018
Some people are just irredeemably stupid. Imagine someone using a phone with data but cant even use Google to make confirmations. Even a Js1 student can list UN permanent members and UN official languages. So much from the so called literate south easterners.

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by abduljabbar4(m): 10:15am On Dec 14, 2018
centboy123456:

lol bro u finish this people I swear lol

Keep consoling yourself and try to get some education.

I hope you even know what the United Nations is.

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by 1miccza: 10:17am On Dec 14, 2018
If only this Lugard guy had allowed the different entities to grow independently yeye man..
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by abduljabbar4(m): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2018
Imagine somebody that vlaimsbto be civilized thinking that it is only when you can speak English that people will see you as a literate. Must it be UK or US? China, Russia, Spain, Italy, UAE, Korea and Japan all speak their native languages yet they are developed and technologically advanced.
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by abduljabbar4(m): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2018
Imagine somebody that claims to be civilized thinking that it is only when you can speak English that people will see you as a literate. Must it be UK or US? China, Russia, Spain, Italy, UAE, Korea and Japan all speak their native languages yet they are developed and technologically advanced.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by centboy123456(m): 10:25am On Dec 14, 2018
abduljabbar4:

Why dont you stop disgracing yourself and make a little research. Arabic is the most spoken language in Africa followed by Swahili. Ever heard of Northern Africa? You are worse than an illiterate.

UN official languages:

English

Russian

Spanish

French

Arabic

Even if you are too dumb at least why dont you use google?

Why would a human being choose to remain ignorant?

I don't know were u got Arabic if the most spoken pls get ur fact right

https://africa-facts.org/top-10-most-spoken-languages-in-africa/

how many country do we have in the north part of Africa tell me u just sit down there any say that I don't know abokei people all of or na need to go back to school u don't know anything and for the UN that is a big fat lie u can never see UN speak Arabic never so pls go back to sch and learn because u know noting
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by gentleibraheem(m): 10:37am On Dec 14, 2018
centboy123456:

Just see how you're showcasing the level of dumbness you inherited. How can someone be soo ignorant and still not ashamed of it

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by kjhova(m): 10:44am On Dec 14, 2018
Firgemachar:

Because the northerners were quick to accept them as superiors and bow to their whims and caprices.

Chikena!

Dear friend, actually, @fk001 is right and you are not quite correct. Careful review of history always helps to mitigate the risk of emotional reviews.

When the British descended on Africa, they already had experience from colonial domination in the Arab world, Eurasia, Polynesia and the Americas. They had formed a system of categorizing the natives they encounter in their continued colonial conquest.

Below are the simple items on the civilization scale which guide British opinion of their newly conquered peoples:

a) religion - a monotheist society is superior to a polytheist one.

b) government - a more centralized govt with multiple provinces is superior to a decentralized tribal system.

c) literacy - a society that has developed writing and schooling system is superior to one with no written language or educational methods.

d) international relations - a society with evidence of contact with the outside world is superior to one with only local existence.

e) military - a society which can project war on its neighbours is superior to one with limited or no capacity for projection.

In all 5 counts, the Hausa emirates with Fulani overlords ticked all boxes while no ethnic society in the south came anywhere near close. The Caliphate has Islam as official religion, run a central government based in Sokoto, has the Ajami writing script along with Arabic, conducted Hajj's to Mecca and Medina annually and have relations with Morocco, Egypt, Arabia and the Othoman world and was running its own petty colonial conquest already in the Niger basin before the British defeated them.

From the above, it is clear that the British deferred to the Hausa's not because they were considered stupid. On the contrary, the British regarded the Northerners as more civilized than the rest of us.

To add, the North was conquered eventually when Sokoto and Gobir fell in war around 1910 which is anywhere between 15 to 50 years after most of the South had been subjugated and fully pacified. We cannot say therefore, that the northerners submitted to the Brits.

If Nigeria will move forward, we must all shed the petty emotional fables we were told by our ignorant grandfolks and find a way to bond together as a people to move us forward.

Nigeria is all we got and may we not end up like Syria someday!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by fk001(m): 10:50am On Dec 14, 2018
kjhova:

Dear friend, actually, @fk001 is right and you are not quite correct. Careful review of history always helps to mitigate the risk of emotional reviews.

When the British descended on Africa, they already had experience from colonial domination in the Arab world, Eurasia, Polynesia and the Americas. They had formed a system of categorizing the natives they encounter in their continued colonial conquest.

Below are the simple items on the civilization scale which guide British opinion of their newly conquered peoples:

b) government - a more centralized govt with multiple provinces is superior to a decentralized tribal system.

c) literacy - a society that has developed writing and schooling system is superior to one with no written language or educational methods.

d) international relations - a society with evidence of contact with the outside world is superior to one with only local existence.

e) military - a society which can project war on its neighbours is superior to one with limited or no capacity for projection.

In all 5 counts, the Hausa emirates with Fulani overlords ticked all boxes while no ethnic society in the south came anywhere near close. The Caliphate has Islam as official religion, run a central government based in Sokoto, has the Ajami writing script along with Arabic, conducted Hajj's to Mecca and Medina annually and have relations with Morocco, Egypt, Arabia and the Othoman world and was running its own petty colonial conquest already in the Niger basin before the British defeated them.

From the above, it is clear that the British deferred to the Hausa's not because they were considered stupid. On the contrary, the British regarded the Northerners as more civilized than the rest of us.

To add, the North was conquered eventually when Sokoto and Gobir fell in war around 1910 which is anywhere between 15 to 50 years after most of the South had been subjugated and fully pacified. We cannot say therefore, that the northerners submitted to the Brits.

If Nigeria will move forward, we must all shed the petty emotional fables we were told by our ignorant grandfolks and find a way to bond together as a people to move us forward.

Thank you for speaking out the truth without mixing it with emotion.

Your response is full of maturity and composure.

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Xwayy(f): 10:54am On Dec 14, 2018
Willgates:

Winnie Wingonia
undecided undecided
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by abduljabbar4(m): 10:54am On Dec 14, 2018
centboy123456:

how many country do we have in the north part of Africa tell me u just sit down there any say that I don't know abokei people all of or na need to go back to school u don't know anything and for the UN that is a big fat lie u can never see UN speak Arabic never so pls go back to sch and learn because u know noting
https://www.pulse.ng/lifestyle/food-travel-arts-culture/the-most-spoken-languages-in-africa-id8527360.html

Go read ETV facts and check out other studies. Research results vary but most results show that Arabic is the most popular language. Even if it isnt, the fact that it is one of the largest (even in your source says it all) makes it an important language. Are you just obsessed with stupidity? You asked me to mention any African country that speaks arabic and i mentioned the entire Northan Africa to shut your mouth yet you are still blubbering.

So you still want to argue about the UN issue right? Well, it is not my responsibility to emancipate you from ignorance. Continue fooling yourself with the belief that English is the only perfect language in the world. It says how uneducated you are just like your stupid fellow ipob bastards who believe it is possible to clone a human within a year or for the president of one country to nuke a country just because of one albino riff raff

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by vindisick: 11:11am On Dec 14, 2018
This is the idiot that caused all the problems we are going through in this country. The thing that amazes me is why Nigerians are ready to die and protect a country and Name created by a white man. I mean, how can you say you are equal to a white person when they are your creators.
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Apostlepee: 11:33am On Dec 14, 2018
so the english people were attracted to your arabic speaking and writing ability. the womb that carried you suffered chronic coccidiosis prior to your birth

In every gathering there are positive and negative influence, just that the western illiteracy level is so obvious in the northern part of the country that doesn't mean that there are no illiterates in the south.

BTW what do you mean by illiterate?

Illiteracy is not all about how to speak or write in English, as far as you can read and write whether in Hebrew, Chinese, Arabic or French you are not an illiterate.

I guess it is still a mystery to you on how the British back then prefer to relate with northerners than Easterners.

When the British came to Nigeria, the North already knew how to read and write in Arabic while their Eastern counterpart were working naked.

Cc friendNg
Alhassanyusuf[/quote]
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Casemiro(m): 11:38am On Dec 14, 2018
> it is well

zooo!
choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Bede2u(m): 11:46am On Dec 14, 2018
fk001:

words like these coming from a northerner will never be forgotten. One day u will push the south to lead the break up of this country from abuja.

If a southerner like me bcoms president...u know i would instigate violence codedly that would eventually divide the country.

We wont forget ur internet utterances and we would do something about it in due time

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by fk001(m): 11:51am On Dec 14, 2018
Bede2u:
words like these coming from a northerner will never be forgotten. One day u will push the south to lead the break up of this country from abuja.

If a southerner like me bcoms president...u know i would instigate violence codedly that would eventually divide the country.

We wont forget ur internet utterances and we would do something about it in due time

Lol suit yourself.

That's a well know fact across Northern Nigeria.
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by seunjungle1(m): 11:52am On Dec 14, 2018
Lord Lugard created these problems we facing today
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by okoroemeka(m): 11:56am On Dec 14, 2018
fk001:

In every gathering there are positive and negative influence, just that the western illiteracy level is so obvious in the northern part of the country that doesn't mean that there are no illiterates in the south.

Illiteracy is not all about how to speak or write in English, as far as you can read and write whether in Hebrew, Chinese, Arabic or French you are not an illiterate.

I guess it is still a mystery to you on how the British back then prefer to relate with northerners than Easterners.

When the British came to Nigeria, the North already knew how to read and write in Arabic while their Eastern counterpart were working naked.

Cc friendNg
Alhassanyusuf
the obvious definition of illiteracy is when a whole northern state can only have 36 candidates for common entrance exams,while Lagos has 24,000 candidates,

2 Likes

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by fk001(m): 11:56am On Dec 14, 2018
Apostlepee:
so the english people were attracted to your arabic speaking and writing ability. the womb that carried you suffered chronic coccidiosis prior to your birth

Cc friendNg
Alhassanyusuf

Care to read the below?

From the above, it is clear that the British deferred to the Hausa's not because they were considered stupid. On the contrary, the British regarded the Northerners as more civilized than the rest of us

2 Likes

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Firgemachar: 12:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
kjhova:

As true as your post attempts to be, it has a number of errors.

1. The north fell long before the south. As a matter of fact, the Yorubas were the last to fall. The unending Yoruba civil war made it even easier. Also the Ijebus resisted the Brits who fought them mainly with Hausa and other Yoruba soldiers until they no longer could.

2. Oyo empire and Bini kingdom meet all the criteria you suggested above save for the Ajami/Arabic reading and writing method. This itself is a product of cultural conquest by the Arabs. It wasn't of their making, the caliphate.

3. The caliphate couldn't conquer all of the north - Southern Kaduna, Plateau, Benue, Kogi etc Ilorin is a peculiar case.
Whatever conquest they have over other northern tribes today was awarded them by the Brits who actually enforced the idea of one monolithic Hausa north. All northern tribes were forced to learn and speak Hausa.

4. How come the northerners of fellow West African countries didn't meet same criteria for special recognition cum relationship?
Ghana also has significant Hausa Fulani population yet the Brits didn't give them the special treatment meted out to their Nigerian counterparts.

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Willgates(m): 12:41pm On Dec 14, 2018
Xwayy:
undecided undecided
you look like someone I know and that's her name
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Aboki99(m): 12:48pm On Dec 14, 2018
RealSleek:

aboki ode, you goofed by talking about part of southwest in such manner, which part of south west were stark naked...You are a fool..You can't tell me my history fool..
we all know how different Hausa states couldn't unite , busy slaughtering themselves like chicken until fulani minority came and hold them by the jugular till this day.
why don't you educate us more about Hausa nation is perpetually under rulership of fulani people...
pls don't give me the religious emirate bullcrap, you Hausa people and ilorin people love to believe.

part of southwest unclad...lol..
Can you see that the barbarism has not left you? Your resort to names calling in a simple debate on history says it all! Your own part of the SW I actually referred to and your insults to me confirms it. I am cultured and well brought up to insult so find someone on the same level of civilization with you to engage with!

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by kjhova(m): 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2018
Firgemachar:

As true as your post attempts to be, it has a number of errors.

1. The north fell long before the south. As a matter of fact, the Yorubas were the last to fall. The unending Yoruba civil war made it even easier. Also the Ijebus resisted the Brits who fought them mainly with Hausa and other Yoruba soldiers until they no longer could.

2. Oyo empire and Bini kingdom meet all the criteria you suggested above save for the Ajami/Arabic reading and writing method. This itself is a product of cultural conquest by the Arabs. It wasn't of their making, the caliphate.

3. The caliphate couldn't conquer all of the north - Southern Kaduna, Plateau, Benue, Kogi etc Ilorin is a peculiar case.
Whatever conquest they have over other northern tribes today was awarded them by the Brits who actually enforced the idea of one monolithic Hausa north. All northern tribes were forced to learn and speak Hausa.

4. How come the northerners of fellow West African countries didn't meet same criteria for special recognition cum relationship?
Ghana also has significant Hausa Fulani population yet the Brits didn't give them the special treatment meted out to their Nigerian counterparts.

You seem genuinely interested in this topic therefore I shall engage you further to comment on the points you raised. Caveat is, you gotta totally offload your emotions and research history from a purely detached viewpoint.

1) The Caliphate fell long after the southern Kingdoms. Don't take my word for it, just do a cursory google search on "British colonization of Nigeria". Also, common sense application of geography to military strategy will show that the British, who invaded from the Atlantic coast, will not flank unconquered enemy forces in the south to go on a conquest up north.

2) At the end of the Yoruba civil war in 1888 to the eve of the fall of Benin in 1896, none of these civilizations had writing and none was projecting war outside its territory. They were also both polytheist society with governments nowhere near as complex as the bureaucracy of the Caliphate.

3) For all effect and purpose, the Fulani jihad did force Hausa hegemony over much of the tribes of the Kaduna, Niger and Benue basin. Yes, the Caliphate did not outrightly subjugate these peoples, however, they had enough dominion amongst them to be able to spread their influence over them.

Sleep calls...later.
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by abduljabbar4(m): 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
centboy123456:

There are hundreds of sources from the net
It is not my job to save you from stupidity.

Algeria.

Egypt.

Libya.

Morocco.

South Sudan.

Sudan.

Tunisia.

Western Sahara.

Just look at your grammar structure. Typical example of those idiots that believed trump could nuke Nigeria for kanu.

I will not say anything about the UN to you again cos its obvious that you are not ready to admit that your ignorance has been exposed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Declares Governorship Ambition? See Photos / Onitsha Tenants 'Sit At Home' With Pepper Soup (Pictures) / Arrest Of Chamberlain Usoh & Kayode Okikiolu Of Channels TV ... - Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.