Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,953 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student (39151 Views)

Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two / Faith Onyekachukwu Ojumah, McPherson University Best Graduating Student (Photo) / Bejide Ifeoluwa Is Redeemers University's Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 13, 2018
Was present. The girl got like 15 prizes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by Ndipe(m): 10:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
Impressive. Congrats to her.
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by odutolasodiq(m): 11:07pm On Dec 13, 2018
maisauki:
I'm very sure she didnt av 5.0 - dat uni is ful of sadist
grin he be like say them do you strong thing. Health Sciences! I hail thee! Congrats to the Lady
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by kayabd(m): 11:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
Op... she isn't d overall best graduating student .The overall best graduating student is Irewole Ezekiel Ariyo with cgpa of 4.85. stop misleading people

Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by babasolution: 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
something is happening to boys education this as to be critically looked into
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 13, 2018
Yahoo Yahoo

mikejj:
a girl again..what are the boys doing with their head..
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by LordMarquis(m): 11:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
kayabd:
Op... she isn't d overall best graduating student .The overall best graduating student is Irewole Ezekiel Ariyo with cgpa of 4.85. stop misleading people
The College of Health Sciences doesn't use CGPA. If they did, her CGPA would be more than 4.85. Don't forget that Zoology runs based on semesters and students are tested based on what they learnt over three months. Medicine is a sessional course and students are tested on what they learnt over a whole session. Furthermore, the Zoology guy needed to be consistent for 4 years while this lady did it over 6 years. Hence, her feat is more impressive than even a CGPA of 5.0 in Zoology.

2 Likes

Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by chiedozie198100: 11:42pm On Dec 13, 2018
ASUU don call off strike?
how dem come do the convocation na?
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by irumole1975: 12:11am On Dec 14, 2018
who book help?? when there are pussies to Bleep, I will now be focusing on one stupid book? I Will alwas prefer boobs to books...
leme graduate with my 3rd class jeejee. I will sstart employing people with first class

I will say it ; first class na rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by Ategberoson(m): 12:12am On Dec 14, 2018
ekiti state And success are inseparable.

Congrats girl
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by kaymart: 12:16am On Dec 14, 2018
Fuckingmallam45:
Ask not what this world can do for you but, rather, what you can do for this world. Make service an important goal in your life. It is a most fulfilling investment of time. Remember, in the twilight of your life, when all is said and done, the quality of your life boils down to the quality of your contribution to others. Leave a rich legacy for those around you to savour. 
Nice quote

1 Like

Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by awoo10(m): 12:24am On Dec 14, 2018
lilmax:
alright team "let her come and make it in my school" where are you guys?
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by Maneghost: 3:01am On Dec 14, 2018
grin cheesy *centre of excellence* ekiti wan adopt am from lagos
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by delexy123: 3:41am On Dec 14, 2018
LordMarquis:

The College of Health Sciences doesn't use CGPA. If they did, her CGPA would be more than 4.85. Don't forget that Zoology runs based on semesters and students are tested based on what they learnt over three months. Medicine is a sessional course and students are tested on what they learnt over a whole session. Furthermore, the Zoology guy needed to be consistent for 4 years while this lady did it over 6 years. Hence, her feat is more impressive than even a CGPA of 5.0 in Zoology.
.Hmmn...Yes you are right that most Medical Colleges don't follow the conventional method of CGPA But that does not change the fact that the guy in Zoology dept is the overall best in the school. In Uniben, a medical student also made a feat in the medical college( she was given more than 10 awards) but the overall best in the school was given to a lady in Microbiology dept with a CGPA of 4.91. Also being the best in the Medical College DOES NOT automatically translate to being the best in the whole school. So acknowledging the medical student as the overall best in OAU when Kayabd's Screenshots serve as evidence to the contrary is wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by olawooro: 4:07am On Dec 14, 2018
chiedozie198100:
ASUU don call off strike?
how dem come do the convocation na?
Shey na ASUU dey conduct convocation? You no know the difference between academic and non academic staff
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by Impactever(m): 4:26am On Dec 14, 2018
Congratulations to her, And ss we celebrate this feat, ..

it is also important we acknowledge that Class of University degree are over hyped in Nigeria...

I think the Nigerian university educational system is still 1000 years far away from the major purpose of university education .....

A country that still celebrate class room paper grades more than innovations and new scientific discoveries is still in the stone age.

I think innovations and creativities from young minds are not given the required attention and support that top grade students enjoys.

just last month, A young Igbo guy from Anambra State invented a machine that converts/ recycles plastics wastes into diesel.

He built the machine from a locally sourced material .

A ground breaking invention that has the capacity to become a Multi Billion Dollar industry, .....Create jobs, attract foreign exchange via Export, and better the lives of people...

Unfortunately, all he got as a reward was a 250k Naira cash gift from Anambra state Governor ( Willie Obiano)......(an amount of money that couldn't even pay his house rent)

In 2013, Another Two little Igbo boys in Okigwe, Imo State, at age of 16 and 17 was able to fabricate and launch a rocket that travelled over 5KM into the Air Space before it crash landed.

These little boys fabricated the rocket from local materials and could be described as the Wright Brothers Of Africa......

Unfortunately , they were not given any recognition of any kind, not even a scholarship, nor any kind of support to pursue their dreams of building aircrafts.

An invention that has the capacity to make Nigeria a major exporter of Aircrafts to other parts of the world....create jobs, boost our foreign reserve, and place us among world powers .....

And for those of you here who may want to doubt these inventions .

kindly see the details here published by the vanguard newspaper https://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/panic-confusion-imo-community-school-boys-launch-rocket/

If you permit me, i can go ahead to mention over hundreds of amazing and ground breaking innovations in the world of science and technology by some adventurous, skillful and intelligent young boys in Nigeria with incredible creativity.

But they never got any award or support from the Universities or Government..... all our universities celebrate are useless Bunch of A grades that never made any meaningful impact or contributions to the society....

The western world, celebrate creativity and innovations more than class room good grades or paper achievement.......that is why they are far ahead of Africa.

.....One of the single largest reasons why our country Nigeria has remained a shit hole is that they value paper intellectuals far more than the innovative and creative intellectuals .

Enough of all these over hyped 1st class stuff....

most times they end up in the academia publishing articles they copied from an already made research from the western world.

They hardly make any new contributions to knowledge or invent any innovation or technology that solves societal problems.....

1 Like

Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by Jonbold(m): 4:29am On Dec 14, 2018
Impactever:
Congratulations to her, And ss we celebrate this feat, ..

it is also important we acknowledge that Class of University degree are over hyped in Nigeria...

I think the Nigerian university educational system is still 1000 years far away from the major purpose of university education .....

A country that still celebrate class room paper grades more than innovations and new scientific discoveries is still in the stone age.

I think innovations and creativities from young minds are not given the required attention and support that top grade students enjoys.

just last month, A young Igbo guy from Anambra State invented a machine that converts/ recycles plastics wastes into diesel.

He built the machine from a locally sourced material .

A ground breaking invention that has the capacity to become a Multi Billion Dollar industry, .....Create jobs, attract foreign exchange via Export, and better the lives of people...

Unfortunately, all he got as a reward was a 250k Naira cash gift from Anambra state Governor ( Willie Obiano)......(an amount of money that couldn't even pay his house rent)

In 2013, Another Two little Igbo boys in Okigwe, Imo State, at age of 16 and 17 was able to fabricate and launch a rocket that travelled over 5KM into the Air Space before it crash landed.

These little boys fabricated the rocket from local materials and could be described as the Wright Brothers Of Africa......

Unfortunately , they were not given any recognition of any kind, not even a scholarship, nor any kind of support to pursue their dreams of building aircrafts.

An invention that has the capacity to make Nigeria a major exporter of Aircrafts to other parts of the world....create jobs, boost our foreign reserve, and place us among world powers .....

And for those of you here who may want to doubt these inventions .

kindly see the details here published by the vanguard newspaper https://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/panic-confusion-imo-community-school-boys-launch-rocket/

If you permit me, i can go ahead to mention over hundreds of amazing and ground breaking innovations in the world of science and technology by some adventurous, skillful and intelligent young boys in Nigeria with incredible creativity.

But they never got any award or support from the Universities or Government..... all our universities celebrate are useless Bunch of A grades that never made any meaningful impact or contributions to the society....

The western world, celebrate creativity and innovations more than class room good grades or paper achievement.......that is why they are far ahead of Africa.

.....One of the single largest reasons why our country Nigeria has remained a shit hole is that they value paper intellectuals far more than the innovative and creative intellectuals .

Enough of all these over hyped 1st class stuff....

most times they end up in the academia publishing articles they copied from an already made research from the western world.

They hardly make any new contributions to knowledge or invent any innovation or technology that solves societal problems.....
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by Jonbold(m): 4:33am On Dec 14, 2018
olawooro:
Shey na ASUU dey conduct convocation? You no know the difference between academic and non academic staff
Savage you are grin
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by LordIsaac(m): 5:54am On Dec 14, 2018
babasolution:
something is happening to boys education this as to be critically looked into
Boys are always with ear-pieces looking forward to becoming a Davido someday.
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by LordIsaac(m): 5:59am On Dec 14, 2018
irumole1975:
who book help?? when there are pussies to Bleep, I will now be focusing on one stupid book? I Will alwas prefer boobs to books...
leme graduate with my 3rd class jeejee. I will sstart employing people with first class

I will say it ; first class na rubbish

No problem. Give us the jobs...book sweet pass that thing especially if na only you understand one concept that is why grin
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by seunmsg(m): 6:08am On Dec 14, 2018
I hope the college will retain Aarinola. Having produced her, it is only fair to let Ife have her"

The governor got the above wrong. That she finished from Ife doesn’t mean she must remain there. If Ekiti state is sponsoring her to obtain PHD in medicine, then she should be made to return to Ekiti to offer her expertise to the service of her state. Ekiti state university college of medicine will definitely need her more than ife.

1 Like

Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by oyoikire: 6:40am On Dec 14, 2018
AmiciLord:
Nobody will come and comment now. If its breast and ynash dem for don gather for here.
you can see one of those people calling Fayemi ole. Making a comment is not a problem but how to make a reasonable is the major problem we are having on nairaland. How can a responsible person wake up in the morning and said to himself that what he will embark on is bad thing or bad comment?
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by touchnutguys(m): 6:55am On Dec 14, 2018
Congratulations
For more education news
steps and what to do to pass ur exam
Log on
[url][/url] ykworld.com.ng[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by Burgerlomo: 7:50am On Dec 14, 2018
Congratulations cool
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by dashing07(m): 8:01am On Dec 14, 2018
Congratulation dear, more of this by the grace of God
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by Basic123: 8:12am On Dec 14, 2018
Jerrysmallz:
Good for her. But truth is Ife has changed. Many years ago they will give her 69.5 and just not to give her distinction. I'm sure Adash. Ibro.Jadesola Nephertiti Omosule. Owo were as brilliant as her.
seriously!

I wonder we don't hear this kind of news in University of Ibadan medical school too!
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by IkemChris(m): 8:31am On Dec 14, 2018
With my brain and her brain our children will be very normal (not too brilliant and not too dull) lol
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by ojtopsy: 8:44am On Dec 14, 2018
Jerrysmallz:
Good for her. But truth is Ife has changed. Many years ago they will give her 69.5 and just not to give her distinction. I'm sure Adash. Ibro.Jadesola Nephertiti Omosule. Owo were as brilliant as her.
you just mentioned Adash my old room mate which caught my attention. Did you also finish from medical school
Re: Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student by ethankareem(m): 8:50am On Dec 14, 2018
Afonjas with book......but they don't still have sense Very confused set of people

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! / What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? / About Adegoke Olubummo: Nigeria’s First Professor Of Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.