Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge - Web Market (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Market / Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge (28260 Views)

Suggestions On How To Improve NAIRALAND Forum In 2019 / Refer.ng 2019 Millionaire Assurance Make Money Online In 2019 Fast And Easy / How To Create Shipping And Courier Website With Tracking In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 14, 2019
smokers:
smokers

smokers please I will need your help on my upwork please
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Nichesiteseo(m): 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2019
wamiikechukwu:
I joined up work some time last two years but account got suspended last year, I will my luck in again.

But I noticed that connect now cos $0.15 for one unlike before when it use to be 60 free connect per month.

how do you guys go about it?

Here’s what you should do:

Start on platforms like freelancer. They give you 8 free ‘connects’ per month.

Work and test out your proposals. Stop doing what’s not working and do more of what works.

When you start getting an ok response rate from your proposals then you can start on Upwork.

How to start on Upwork?

Spend money.

Buy the connects.

10 dollars = N3, 600 will get you 66 connects.

Remember you can now write good enough proposals since you tested that for free on freelancer.com?

In 66 tries you should be able to land at least one job if you’ve done step 1 correctly.

That single job can more than pay back for the cost of connects that you spent.

So that’s the sort of strategy you can pursue with freelancer/upwork combo.

The most important point here is:

Learn how to write persuasive proposals!

3 Likes

Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by peggywebbs(f): 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2019
I'm being asked to verify my Upwork account within a week.. it's a Nigerian account in my name but I don't have international passport. Will they accept that our Nigerian ID slip?
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Nichesiteseo(m): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2019
peggywebbs:
I'm being asked to verify my Upwork account within a week.. it's a Nigerian account in my name but I don't have international passport. Will they accept that our Nigerian ID slip?

There's only one way to know:

Try.

See what happens.

1 Like

Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by peggywebbs(f): 6:30pm On Aug 26, 2019
Thank you... I've been verified

Nichesiteseo:

There's only one way to know:

Try.

See what happens.
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Vickerexchanger(m): 9:52am On Aug 27, 2019
Pls how do one break in into freelancing without no skills, and if I’m to pick one which one do you think would sell fast �
1. Web development ( coding n wordpress)
2. White board n animation (2d n 3d)
3. Video editing
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by bukiii(f): 2:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
Great work @OP, I came across this thread few days ago(almost 2weeks grin) , read every pages of the thread. I followed the procedure given, after submitting about 10 proposal 3 replied and one confirmed my offer. I am about to get verified, I had a call with their support earlier today to complete my verification process. Thanks alot OP, may God continue to bless you.

To those claiming they can verify account for you undecided run, run for your life. It's not possible to verify account for anyone because you have to setup a call with one of their staffs with your video on sad. Beware of scammers.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Nichesiteseo(m): 10:24am On Aug 30, 2019
bukiii:
Great work @OP, I came across this thread few days ago(almost 2weeks grin) , read every pages of the thread. I followed the procedure given, after submitting about 10 proposal 3 replied and one confirmed my offer. I am about to get verified, I had a call with their support earlier today to complete my verification process. Thanks alot OP, may God continue to bless you.

To those claiming they can verify account for you undecided run, run for your life. It's not possible to verify account for anyone because you have to setup a call with one of their staffs with your video on sad. Beware of scammers.

Hello Bukki.

Glad you got started and kicking ass already!

1 Like

Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Nichesiteseo(m): 10:25am On Aug 30, 2019
Vickerexchanger:
Pls how do one break in into freelancing without no skills, and if I’m to pick one which one do you think would sell fast �
1. Web development ( coding n wordpress)
2. White board n animation (2d n 3d)
3. Video editing

How do you break into freelancing without no skills?

Newsflash: You can’t!

Freelancing is selling a SKILL.

If you don’t have a skill then you have nothing to sell.

It’s not about which skill sells fast.

It’s about what value you can give others.

The more value you provide the faster you get paid.

Take Nairaland for example:

Seun is rolling in cash.

He provided massive value by creating a platform for people to come together and share ideas and stories at a time when nothing of the sort existed.

BOOM!

Don’t ever worry about money.

Don’t ever think of yourself and what you stand to gain.

The moment you do that, the moment the cards come crashing down.

Put others first.

And the world will be yours.

Hope this helps.

P.S. No one can tell you what skill to start with. We don’t know your background, strength or weakness. My advice is to first pick a market and then pick a skill based on the problem you see that market wants solved.

1 Like

Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Nichesiteseo(m): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2019
peggywebbs:
Thank you... I've been verified

Peggy the winner! Keep killing it!
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Nichesiteseo(m): 3:45am On Sep 08, 2019
Ysakaws1:

Can I please have your whatsapp number. I need easy and fast communication with you as regards upwork.

Mail me. Check my sig.
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Netfilix: 7:28pm On Sep 08, 2019
Efelee05:
Hi guys. I just got my first job on freelancer. Problem is I'm not sure how to withdraw the funds from there since Payoneer payment is no longer accepted and we can't receive funds via PayPal.

Hello, trust you are good?

How is your elancer journey so far?
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Ysakaws1: 12:56am On Sep 10, 2019
Nichesiteseo:

Mail me. Check my sig.
I mailed you several weeks back but you didn’t respond.
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by drdrei09: 11:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
Need new upwork account? Use this method before it stops working

*The faster method*

Step 1: visit sign-up option on upwork.com

Step 2: Input your details and verify your email.

Step 3: After successful verification of your email.
Input all your profile details, University and move to the skill section.

Step 4: Under skill category, Select Design and Creative. Under design and creative, choose Voice Talent. After choosing voice talent you will have to select skills that you offer.
You should select Voice Product and Voice over

Or

Arabic Translation service

Step 5: Choose your level of expertise to be intermediate

Step 6: select your availability then finish your application.

If you do everything right, your account will be verified instantly and approved.

Step 7: Then edit your profile back to writing or any other services you want to sell on the platform.

*Note:pay attention to step 4 it determines whether your account will be approved or not*

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by drdrei09: 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
Nichesiteseo:

How do you break into freelancing without no skills?

Newsflash: You can’t!

Freelancing is selling a SKILL.

If you don’t have a skill then you have nothing to sell.

It’s not about which skill sells fast.

It’s about what value you can give others.

The more value you provide the faster you get paid.

Take Nairaland for example:

Seun is rolling in cash.

He provided massive value by creating a platform for people to come together and share ideas and stories at a time when nothing of the sort existed.

BOOM!

Don’t ever worry about money.

Don’t ever think of yourself and what you stand to gain.

The moment you do that, the moment the cards come crashing down.

Put others first.

And the world will be yours.

Hope this helps.

P.S. No one can tell you what skill to start with. We don’t know your background, strength or weakness. My advice is to first pick a market and then pick a skill based on the problem you see that market wants solved.

Mr Nichesiteseo, I respect you and what you doing here very much. Please, see this as my own little way of contributing to the development of this thread and not disconfirmation of your point

One can still go into freelancing without any skills. I have no skill, yet I'm a quite successful freelancer. All the person needs to do is to get the contract and outsource it... That's what I do.
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Nichesiteseo(m): 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2019
Ysakaws1:

I mailed you several weeks back but you didn’t respond.

Hey Ysakaws

Your mail must have slipped through the crack. Sorry about that. Can you mail me again. Use the subject line: REPLY THIS TIME, so I know it’s you.
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Nichesiteseo(m): 4:59pm On Sep 19, 2019
drdrei09:

Mr Nichesiteseo, I respect you and what you doing here very much. Please, see this as my own little way of contributing to the development of this thread and not disconfirmation of your point

One can still go into freelancing without any skills. I have no skill, yet I'm a quite successful freelancer. All the person needs to do is to get the contract and outsource it... That's what I do.

Dr Dre,

Yeah sure. It can be done this way. I outsource 80% of what I do.

But I don’t recommend this for beginners.

Why?

You don’t get paid 100%. Outsourcing eats a lot out of your margin. This makes it incredibly slow to ramp up your earnings.

You can go this route only if you are good at sales. That is, charging way more than average for that skill and outsourcing it for way less. But most beginners won’t be able to do this.

Second, don’t underestimate having a skill.

A mentor of mine told me this: If you’re poor it’s most likely you don’t have a marketable skill. I have found this to be true.

Skills are so fucking important. I don’t know why more people don’t talk about this.

If you have marketable skills you can transfer it to so many areas of life and businesses.

Take me for example: I honed my craft at writing for 5 years.

Now I can writes emails that bring companies thousands of dollars.

I can do SEO and rank pages within a month on the first page.

I can write copy for websites/landing pages that get sales.

I can write tweets that go viral.

I can write content that are so appealing and engaging and funnel that traffic to a newsletter.

I can craft compelling cold emails to random strangers, get a meeting and shake hands on deals.

I can write proposals on Upwork that win me jobs.

Just look at everything I can do to drum up money. Just because I learned how to write persuasively.

If I had outsourced this from the beginning I would have missed out on all the different ways I now utilize the skill.

So, yeah you can outsource. That just cuts off your margin plus you miss out on so much more.

Think long term.

14 Likes

Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Nichesiteseo(m): 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2019
drdrei09:
Need new upwork account? Use this method before it's too so working

*The faster method*

Step 1: visit sign-up option on upwork.com

Step 2: Input your details and verify your email.

Step 3: After successful verification of your email.
Input all your profile details, University and move to the skill section.

Step 4: Under skill category, Select Design and Creative. Under design and creative, choose Voice Talent. After choosing voice talent you will have to select skills that you offer.
You should select Voice Product and Voice over

Or

Arabic Translation service

Step 5: Choose your level of expertise to be intermediate

Step 6: select your availability then finish your application.

If you do everything right, your account will be verified instantly and approved.

Step 7: Then edit your profile back to writing or any other services you want to sell on the platform.

*Note:pay attention to step 4 it determines whether your account will be approved or not*

Thanks �� Dre for chiming in.

Guys, get on this ASAP!
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Ysakaws1: 2:37am On Sep 20, 2019
Nichesiteseo:

Hey Ysakaws

Your mail must have slipped through the crack. Sorry about that. Can you mail me again. Use the subject line: REPLY THIS TIME, so I know it’s you.
Done
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Nichesiteseo(m): 2:45pm On Sep 20, 2019
Ysakaws1:

Done

Check your mail.
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Ayoshewa12(f): 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
Thanks for the good work sir, I registered for my upwork account 3 days ago and it was approved immediately, I wasn't expecting it, so I was so excited about it.

,Now I am researching on how to write a winning proposal and your thread come up.

It's a writing profile and I will be glad if you can help me to review it.

Nichesiteseo:

Dr Dre,

Yeah sure. It can be done this way. I outsource 80% of what I do.

But I don’t recommend this for beginners.

Why?

You don’t get paid 100%. Outsourcing eats a lot out of your margin. This makes it incredibly slow to ramp up your earnings.

You can go this route only if you are good at sales. That is, charging way more than average for that skill and outsourcing it for way less. But most beginners won’t be able to do this.

Second, don’t underestimate having a skill.

A mentor of mine told me this: If you’re poor it’s most likely you don’t have a marketable skill. I have found this to be true.

Skills are so fucking important. I don’t know why more people don’t talk about this.

If you have marketable skills you can transfer it to so many areas of life and businesses.

Take me for example: I honed my craft at writing for 5 years.

Now I can writes emails that bring companies thousands of dollars.

I can do SEO and rank pages within a month on the first page.

I can write copy for websites/landing pages that get sales.

I can write tweets that go viral.

I can write content that are so appealing and engaging and funnel that traffic to a newsletter.

I can craft compelling cold emails to random strangers, get a meeting and shake hands on deals.

I can write proposals on Upwork that win me jobs.

Just look at everything I can do to drum up money. Just because I learned how to write persuasively.

If I had outsourced this from the beginning I would have missed out on all the different ways I now utilize the skill.

So, yeah you can outsource. That just cuts off your margin plus you miss out on so much more.

Think long term.
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by sparkle7: 7:39am On Sep 28, 2019
Nichesiteseo:

Check your mail.
Almost used up my connects sir. Still nothing. I want to make sure that the remaining 6 is used wisely.
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Nichesiteseo(m): 12:36am On Sep 30, 2019
sparkle7:

Almost used up my connects sir. Still nothing. I want to make sure that the remaining 6 is used wisely.

Everything online is going the way of pay to play now. Sadly.

Freelance platforms want you to pay up to get more shots at reaching potential clients.

If you want to avoid this as best as you can you have to write targeted proposals.

How to write targeted proposals:

Don’t apply for just any job.

Look for THAT job that speaks to you. That job you can knock out of the park.

Treat every of your connects like it’s the last you will ever have.

The problem with wasting your connects usually comes from randomly applying to jobs. Don’t do that.

If you want to stand out and get responses don’t do anything that approaches looking like a spam.

‘Spam Proposal’

‘I’m John. I can write very good. Hire me.’

You will get ignored if you write your proposals that way.

You’ve to craft some deliberate proposals if you want to get hired and make them look good.

This means research.

I’m sounding like a broken record but many people don’t succeed at this game because they are selfish. They are only in it to make money.

You’ve to do your research and understand what the people you are targeting want and you have to understand what value you are bringing to the table.

‘Value Proposal’

‘I will write a 3,000 word article on your topic and you’ll have it in 2 hours of awarding me the job.

The article will be grammar-error free, not plagiarized and 100% pass copyscape, and use American expressions.

Here are 5 articles I wrote similar to your topic for a company in your niche: (linked articles from google doc).

You get unlimited revisions until you are satisfied with my work.’

Every line in that proposal was crafted from research on what people are looking for in an article. You have to know what they want and how you can provide it otherwise you won’t succeed.

And here’s the secret (I’m giving you so much secret it hurts):

If you are looking for high quality clients you don’t need to blast hundreds of people with proposals.

This is playing the stupid game.

What you want to do is aim for a 90% success rate with your proposal. If you do this right you will get a client or two before you run out of your regular connects for the month.

Don’t think:

‘I need to send 100 proposals this week for me to get 1 client.’

Think:

‘How can I get a 100% success rate with my proposals so I will only have to send 5 ever.’

The answer to this is the answer to everything in life.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Nichesiteseo(m): 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2019
Read why and how I made a $100 yesterday and gave it all away on my latest email.

Newsletter link in signature.

1 Like

Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by demigod9: 9:37pm On Oct 07, 2019
Hey guys. I register for my account yesterday and the site still says they will get back to me in 24 hours which has passed since. But on their support site, it shows my account was not approved. I am just reading this link now to see the update on using the Arab translation to get instant approval, will my previous account attempt be an issue? Or is there a way I can get approved, thanks.
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Emmaxy9(m): 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2019
Hello @nichesiteseo.

First of all i would love to commend your selfless activities on this platform. You've been so good and have helped alot of lives. God Almighty will bless you for me.

Secondly, ive been on upwork for times now but failed to get a client. My connects are exhausted and I don't know what to do.

I am a student and really would love to earn from this platform. If I get connects, is there an assurance I'll get work ?
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by demigod9: 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2019
Emmaxy9:
Hello @nichesiteseo.

First of all i would love to commend your selfless activities on this platform. You've been so good and have helped alot of lives. God Almighty will bless you for me.

Secondly, ive been on upwork for times now but failed to get a client. My connects are exhausted and I don't know what to do.

I am a student and really would love to earn from this platform. If I get connects, is there an assurance I'll get work ?

Please how were you able to get approval.
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Emmaxy9(m): 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2019
demigod9:

Please how were you able to get approval.

Hello@challenge. I wasn't able to get my upwork account approved for so long. But I had to pay to someone to approve it for me at a price.
I don't advise to pay anyone since Information is free. Actually I don't even know what he did but you can try ask other people.
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Generalkorex(m): 9:57pm On Oct 10, 2019
nichesiteseo
Bro you are not on whatsapp anymore
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by efechris(m): 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nichesiteseo:
Hello Champions!

How’s everyone doing?

Where y’all at with your freelance business?

If you are stuck please post here and let’s trash it out together. We’re a team now. Right?

To our continued success!

Please I registered on upwork and it's a Nigerian account, I want to purchase connect but can't with my gtbank card. Any assistance will be highly appreciated
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by Mykel51(m): 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2019
Jeanwandimi:
I joined nairaland to make this comment. Sorry this is late my friend. You can easily do that for crying out loud. THAT GUY MUST BE A CRIMINAL TO CHARGE YOU THAT HIGH. Its right there in your profile to set. I have been on upwork since November last year and I have been paid 4 times of ($100, $200, $400, $1200) respectively directly to my local bank which is GTB and the transfer charge is just 0.99$ for any amount you want to cash out. Is that not incredible. If you are interested, let me know so I can walk you through. I won't charge you any amount.

Please can you put me through on the procedure ?
Re: Make $5k Per Month In 2019 On Upwork From Scratch Challenge by madjnr: 7:35pm On Oct 23, 2019
I am want to give out to Upwork account for 5k one is a Nigerian account one is a US account, contact me only if you're interested

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

How To Create A Whatsapp TV / Verified Nigerian Whatsapp Phone Number Database For Mobile Marketing / Own A Wordpress Web Site At A Cheaper And Affordable Rate One Click Ahead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.