Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja (18428 Views)

How Sowore Was Manhandled And Re-Arrested By The DSS (Video) / PDP Youth Leader Killed In Osun Rerun, Another Beaten Up By Thugs- Deji Adeyanju / Deji Adeyanju Blames PDP And Fayose Over The Loss Of Ekiti Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by precious1967(m): 11:34am On Dec 14, 2018
I don't know whether to compare this country with Congo (Zaire) under Mobutu Sesekose or Uganda under Idi-Amin?

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by Kamanuozuzu: 11:34am On Dec 14, 2018
GavelSlam:
Murder case?

That's a serious issue and it must be seen to its logical conclusion.

Nye efe. Anụ!
Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by Splashme: 11:36am On Dec 14, 2018
elgramz:
Buhari's government is just lawless, no regard for the rule of law at all
Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by southpaw86: 11:38am On Dec 14, 2018
aolawale025:
Except there's new evidence. If not it's just vindictiveness
U gather sense wella
Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by Johnakor7: 11:59am On Dec 14, 2018
APC can never be trusted a party that can not handle the truth can never make anything good

Naijaalive:

The police in Abuja have detained Deji Adeyanju again, his associates have told PREMIUM TIMES.

A message from Ariyo-Dare Atoye, a long-time friend of Mr Adeyanju, said the political activist was arrested after 3:00 p.m. on Thursday.

It was learnt that the police are demanding to establish the conclusion of a murder trial involving Mr Adeyanju in the mid and late 2000s.

“They are holding him at the Inspector-General of Police Monitoring Unit over a murder case from his university days,” Mr Atoye said.

“Even though it is true that he was arrested and charged for murder when he was a student of Bayero University Kano, we are very sure that he was discharged and acquitted in the case,” Mr Atoye said.

Mr Adeyanju was at the unit, which was specially established to tackle specific serious crimes ranging from kidnapping to armed robbery, to retrieve the last of his three mobile telephone devices which the police seized from him when he was first arrested on November 28.

As of 9:30 p.m., Mr Atoye said he had contacted lawyers on behalf of Mr Adeyanju.

“The police said he jumped bail in 2005 and are asking for him to provide the certified true copy of the case in order to establish that he was indeed discharged,” Mr Atoye added. “We find this extremely embarrassing for our country, but we would try and get the copies tomorrow.”

Mr Adeyanju spent four years in prison between 2005 and 2009 after he was arrested with three others on murder charges while a student of Bayero University.

Festus Keyamo, a rights lawyer and current campaign spokesperson for President Muhammadu Buhari, defended Mr Adeyanju and the three others. One of the other three was Musa Daura, said to be a relative of Mamman Daura, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew.

“I represented Deji Adeyanju in the matter from 2005 until 2009, and I can tell you categorically that he was not only discharged but also acquitted,” Mr Keyamo told PREMIUM TIMES by telephone Thursday night.

Mr Keyamo said he represented Mr Adeyanju on a pro-bono (free) basis at the time, buoyed largely by his longstanding interest in helping students from legal dilemma.

“Immediately I heard he was a student, I picked up the case and by the grace of God we won it and he was discharged and acquitted,” Mr Keyamo emphasised.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/300983-activist-deji-adeyanju-arrested-again.html
Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by spafu(m): 12:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
Arabiandude:

I pray someone murder a family member of yours and let's see if you will still call the government lawless when the police arrest the person.
Do you have sense at all? Even Buhari's campaign spokesman Keyamo said the guy was discharge and acquitted, on what basis is he being arrested?

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
Arabiandude:

I pray someone murder a family member of yours and let's see if you will still call the government lawless when the police arrest the person.
After how many years?
Dey are just looking for any means to put him in jail

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by elgramz: 12:22pm On Dec 14, 2018
Oshigun:

I can see you are in pain? I bet you are a loser who lack money, love and companionship in life and that is why you come here to rant in frustration. What would you know about living in a democracy? You think the word democracy is a blanket cover for preaching hate and disseminating fake news that endanger the wellbeing of others? Mumu. Below is what is happening in one of the world's greatest bastions of democracy that shows Buhari is very lenient and amiable for not coming down harder on the miscreants, masquerading as activists and freedom fighters, lawless cads like you worship.

See how it is made clear below that the vile chap will be jailed if he violates his bail conditions. No Briton will protest that being enforced while lawless miscreants like you will attack Buhari and the Nigerian legal system for doing similar when Kanu violates his bail conditions and Deji spreads totally fake and malicious fabrications that endangers Nigerian lives. Who is really lawless and undemocratic? You or Buhari? Stupid creature of hate.

https://www.thenational.ae/world/europe/notorious-uk-hate-preacher-anjem-choudary-freed-from-prison-1.782219

You are worse than stupid, how does all the jargons you wrote here conflate with the events in the story? So let me assume without conceding that Deji spreads false news, Why not arrest him for spreading false news? Why arrest him for a murder he was accused of, tried and acquitted by a court of competent jurisdiction? You're the one who is been blinded by stupidity and hate. I repeat your education is a waste!! If You can elucidate your points in such free flowing English but you can't see beyond your primordial biases when judging issues then of what use is your education? Even an uneducated illiterate knows how to judge rightly in clear cases as this. Deji has been acquitted of this case and it is lawless of the government to arrest him again over the same matter and if as you claim, he is been arrested for spreading hate, it is even a worse form of lawlessness to arrest someone on trumped up charges just so you can get back at them for something else they did. It's a fact Buhari's government is lawless and vindictive even if intentionally myopic people like you choose to blind yourselves to the truth
Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by elgramz: 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2018
Tetehjewels:

You said we live in a democracy where there is supposed to be freedom of speech right?

I wonder why the courts exist then and why defamation also exist since everyone is free to say whatever they feel like.

For example I can say your mother is a harlot and your sister rapes other girls and guys for fun. All is freedom of speech isn't it?

I could also say your father is a notorious armed robber as an example of freedom of speech and how you are product of your mum being passed around his friends since he couldn't do the job.

All the above are all examples of freedom of speech in our democracy as you claim are they not?

If while reading the above, you suddenly began to feel hurt or you clicked the report button to report this comment to the mods then you are a hypocrite since you believe in the so called freedom of speech in this democracy.

Prove me wrong by not reporting my post or not feeling bad by the examples I gave in my post
If Deji spread false news or hate, then he should be arrested and charged for that and let the courts decide his fate. not going to ressurect a murder case he has been tried and acquitted of by a court of competent jurisdiction. Using his incendiary remarks as an excuse for this total disregard for rule of law and due process is hypocritical to say the least
Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by Emmenyk(m): 12:42pm On Dec 14, 2018
wilcox:
This guy owe APC anything?

No, he only shouted

Osibanjo Olee

Osibanjo Olee

Osibanjo Olee

Osibanjo Olee

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by mynaijadj(m): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2018
What a prayer!? Just to prove a point?
Arabiandude:

Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2018
elgramz:

You are was than stupid, how does all the jargons you wrote here conflate with the events in the story? So let me assume without conceding that Deji spreads false news, Why not arrest him for spreading false news? Why arrest him for a murder he was accused of, tried and acquitted by a court of competent jurisdiction? You're the one who is been blinded by stupidity and hate. I repeat your education is a waste!! If You can elucidate your points in such free flowing English but you can't see beyond your primordial biases when judging issues then of what use is your education? Even an uneducated illiterate knows how to judge rightly in clear cases as this. Deji has been acquitted of this case and it is lawless of the government to arrest him again over the same matter and if as you claim, he is been arrested for spreading hate, it is even a worse form of lawlessness to arrest someone on trumped up charges just so you can get back at them for something else they did. It's a fact Buhari's government is lawless and vindictive even if intentionally myopic people like you choose to blind yourselves to the truth

What is "was than stupid"? You are losing your composure and the only one sounding stupid. There is no statute of limitation on murder as far as I know. Deji, Kanu and co have declared war on the FG for personal gain. All is fair in love and war. If the FG can garner new evidence to indict Deji of murder then they should ensure he is convicted to serve as a deterrent to other self-serving wannabe social media terrorists and purveyors of harmful fake news.

Putin sends killers to the UK to take out Russian spies and perceived enemies of his nation yet you are moaning about legitimate effort a government is using to neutralise its detractors and enemies like Deji and Kanu. You are not only incredibly naive but you are very unintelligent also.
Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by michoim(m): 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
Good for him...He is no activist; he is a PDP thug
Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by elgramz: 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
Oshigun:

What is "was than stupid"? You are losing your composure and the only one sounding stupid. There is no statute of limitation on murder as far as I know. Deji, Kanu and co have declared war on the FG for personal gain. All is fair in love and war. If the FG can garner new evidence to indict Deji of murder then they should ensure he is convicted to serve as a deterrent to other self-serving wannabe social media terrorists and purveyors of harmful fake news.

Putin sends killers to the UK to take out Russian spies and perceived enemies of his nation yet you are moaning about legitimate effort a government is using to neutralise its detractors and enemies like Deji and Kanu. You are not only incredibly naive but you are very unintelligent also.
Stop exposing your ignorance dunce!! What has a statute of limitation got to do with a case that has already been adjudicated upon and judgement delivered? You will do well to go and educate yourself on what a statute of limitation entails before coming to expose your stupidity here. All is fair in love and war including blatant disregard for the rule of law says the educated fool!!! As for your pointing out a typo grin, that's the first indication of frustration from anyone who is losing an intellectual debate, they start becoming petty!!!

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 14, 2018
elgramz:

Stop exposing your ignorance dunce!! What has a statute of limitation got to do with a case that has already been adjudicated upon and judgement delivered? You will do well to go and educate yourself on what a statute of limitation entails before coming to expose your stupidity here. All is fair in love and war including blatant disregard for the rule of law says the educated fool!!! As for your pointing out a typo grin, that's the first indication of frustration from anyone who is losing an intellectual debate, they start becoming petty!!!

sharrap my friend. Losing an intellectual debate? See olodo and supporter of lawless anarchists ascribing himself intellect. All over the world, double jeopardy can be set aside even when someone has being cleared of murder if new evidence is obtained. Your pal Deji is a lawless individual. I repeat the FG should do everything to make anarchists like him and Kanu examples. Kill yaself if you don't like my position. Frustrated child of hate.
Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by chiangwar: 1:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
APC have important things to face then Deji Adeyanju, any way that that how they will be carried away till
ATIKU become President of Nigerian come 2019 .

Naijaalive:

The police in Abuja have detained Deji Adeyanju again, his associates have told PREMIUM TIMES.

A message from Ariyo-Dare Atoye, a long-time friend of Mr Adeyanju, said the political activist was arrested after 3:00 p.m. on Thursday.

It was learnt that the police are demanding to establish the conclusion of a murder trial involving Mr Adeyanju in the mid and late 2000s.

“They are holding him at the Inspector-General of Police Monitoring Unit over a murder case from his university days,” Mr Atoye said.

“Even though it is true that he was arrested and charged for murder when he was a student of Bayero University Kano, we are very sure that he was discharged and acquitted in the case,” Mr Atoye said.

Mr Adeyanju was at the unit, which was specially established to tackle specific serious crimes ranging from kidnapping to armed robbery, to retrieve the last of his three mobile telephone devices which the police seized from him when he was first arrested on November 28.

As of 9:30 p.m., Mr Atoye said he had contacted lawyers on behalf of Mr Adeyanju.

“The police said he jumped bail in 2005 and are asking for him to provide the certified true copy of the case in order to establish that he was indeed discharged,” Mr Atoye added. “We find this extremely embarrassing for our country, but we would try and get the copies tomorrow.”

Mr Adeyanju spent four years in prison between 2005 and 2009 after he was arrested with three others on murder charges while a student of Bayero University.

Festus Keyamo, a rights lawyer and current campaign spokesperson for President Muhammadu Buhari, defended Mr Adeyanju and the three others. One of the other three was Musa Daura, said to be a relative of Mamman Daura, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew.

“I represented Deji Adeyanju in the matter from 2005 until 2009, and I can tell you categorically that he was not only discharged but also acquitted,” Mr Keyamo told PREMIUM TIMES by telephone Thursday night.

Mr Keyamo said he represented Mr Adeyanju on a pro-bono (free) basis at the time, buoyed largely by his longstanding interest in helping students from legal dilemma.

“Immediately I heard he was a student, I picked up the case and by the grace of God we won it and he was discharged and acquitted,” Mr Keyamo emphasised.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/300983-activist-deji-adeyanju-arrested-again.html
Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by elgramz: 2:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
Oshigun:

sharrap my friend. Losing an intellectual debate? See olodo and supporter of lawless anarchists ascribing himself intellect. All over the world, double jeopardy can be set aside even when someone has being cleared of murder if new evidence is obtained. Your pal Deji is a lawless individual. I repeat the FG should do everything to make anarchists like him and Kanu examples. Kill yaself if you don't like my position. Frustrated child of hate.
Continue exposing yourself as an educated ignoramus.
So, after reading that story, you couldn't see the pathetic reason the police were giving for detaining him right?
Well let me help you to repost the relevant quote since you have chosen to be willfully blind or ignorant,

Does this look to you like people who have found any new evidence? Is it not embarrasing enough That the police is making a fool of themselves like this that a supposedly educated person has to add to the shame of a nation by coming to defend this ridiculous action on a public forum? It's clear you are the one supporting lawlessness and being consumed by hate here. That You are so hateful of Deji just because of his opposing political views that you couldn't care less if the laws are trampled on to shackle him is just indicative of the kind of pathetically shallow minded fellow you are
Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by GavelSlam: 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
erukujeje:

mad man!

Exactly like your father.
Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by OgbeniSir(m): 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2018
elgramz:

Shut up if your don't have anything reasonable to say

F
Ur
Nne
Re: Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja by julioralph(m): 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2018
Politically motivated...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don’t Demonise Sunday Igboho, Akintola Warns Makinde / Labour Party National Chair Sold Reps Ticket To APC Defector - SR / Did Ghana Actually Killed All There Top Leaders Before Witnessing Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.