Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? (13119 Views)

Meal On A Budget For Now Till Salary Enters. Turned Out Just D Way I Like It. / Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? / How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by funmmy01: 4:59pm On Dec 14, 2018
haaabbba na learn e won learn na bro its simple cook at home or if you cant cook pay the food seller monthly...... with that you will know how much drops from your salary monthly...... sense go wake asap and yourself will be your best adviser

1 Like

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by ylaa(f): 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2018
i need to know your job description
you dey kill elephant?
when i get your response, you shall get my advice
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by jesutakewe(f): 5:43pm On Dec 14, 2018
Sorry, please did you mean your last meal for the day or during the day?
Diospropio:
You sef your chop chop too much.

For breakfast, I take bread and tea. I buy the milk every month, so it's more cost effective. So, I spend just 120 for bread.

For lunch, which is usually my last meal for the day, I either go to the organisation's cafeteria where food is quiet cheap or eat outside. I spend a minimum of 300. And that solves my hunger for the day.

So, try to discipline yourself. No be only food you go work go do nah.
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Kira290(m): 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
poverty bad ohh..
Money wey me I dey dash person, that's what this one is eating with..Lmao
You no chop reach $30 a day and you dey complain..

Is this a joke or what?
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by amprat: 6:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
Mac2016:
Coffee and Gala(or Bread) in the money is okay. Thats 250 Naira

Then maybe Swallow in the Afternoon. That shdnt reasonably exceed 500 Naira

Total of N750 shd be okay for a single day.

And plan to marry quickly so you can stop eating junks!!!

He should plan to marry quickly
you mean he can't take care of himself so he needs an housemaid disguised as wife
what a wonderful reason to get married.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by ruthxzy(f): 6:52pm On Dec 14, 2018
ofuonyebi:

just eat only boole #70.00 + epa #20 +#10 poor-water...every two(2) days of the week ....and the remaining one day for dry fasting...gbam!

you go save pelenty money...for your hungry-man...shalary...God save naija workers!
grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Diospropio: 7:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
jesutakewe:
Sorry, please did you mean your last meal for the day or during the day?

I meant for the day cry
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by OhiOfIhima: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
Maxdiamond:
I base in Lagos and I work with federal ministry of health. I close by 4pm and I live closer to my working place. Thank u

If that should be d case, try and cook before u leave house, den snack Wit softdrink will do d afternoon till u get home.... Even me if I eat well by 7am, I can hold myself till dat closing hour... When u gat home, whatever u eat b4 6pm take u till next day...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by pauladonis(m): 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
My best food when I'm trying to be frugal is Beans and bread, it should keep you nourished and full till you get back home from work... You can also diversify your meals once in a while with Garri, thank God it goes with anything. No be everyday person suppose dey chop meat if money no too dey, You can replace some of that with boiled eggs. Eat smart and spend smart.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by theunnamed: 7:40pm On Dec 14, 2018
jaelz:
Okay morning nlanders, omo please how do you guys manage your money to feed at work? I have been spending so much at work lately... First nah Pap and Akara for 200 Naira, by 11 a.m I don buy jellof rice goat meat and two round about for 500 Naira, by 3 I don buy fried yam and eggs for 500 Naira...

I think this is to much for me. Is there a way I can minimize money or properly you recommend something strong to hold my tummy for me?

Calculate the amount you need for transport and what you intend to spend for feeding at work.

Make sure you don't leave the house with no more than that amount, and no way to get cash from your bank account.

Really helped me back in the day.

Once I know say if I spend transport money on food na trek, I dare not over chop

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 14, 2018
Personally, I spend much,300 rice ,abacha. 300, sometimes swallow 400-500,dinner 300 ,transport 200.roughly 1000k per day,I still have d boy that lived wit my mum ,but next year,I don't think I will carry that burden,he is working too,wants to save more and buy my dream ride,God willing.
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by arrestdarrester: 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
It appears whenever you go out to eat you do so with friends. Please don't order food in order to feel among if you have a target in life.

Rework your plans.

I love the practical suggestions of so many posts here. Take one for free, especially cooking from home or taking coffee and bread for breakfast...
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
jaelz:
Okay morning nlanders, omo please how do you guys manage your money to feed at work? I have been spending so much at work lately... First nah Pap and Akara for 200 Naira, by 11 a.m I don buy jellof rice goat meat and two round about for 500 Naira, by 3 I don buy fried yam and eggs for 500 Naira...

I think this is to much for me. Is there a way I can minimize money or properly you recommend something strong to hold my tummy for me?

lol it's either you are not busy enough for you to be eating so much or you like food
Personally I avoid buying food, I cook and take to work
Even my water follows me to work lol
Sometimes I forget I even have food sef
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by larrypourl(m): 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
Kereokwu:
Always make food from the house and carry to work. That has been my biggest saving tips. Do all the big cookings(soups and stews) weekends, have food stuffs. If possible you can take breakfast before leaving for work so that your food will be lunch. It's healthier and very economical and with time it won't be stressful.

God bless you dear. That's exactly what I do. I prepare soup and stew on weekends. I cook before going to work and package it to work, then I take cereals either Goldenmorn or Cornflaks or 2/3 slices of bread with Mayonnaise and beverage in the morning. If I'd be getting anything at work it's defiantly drink, close around 4pm and back home to cook.
His feeding expenses is reasonable depends on his pay thou.
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Nobody: 5:39am On Dec 15, 2018
I cook rice, moi moi, noodles, yam plantain from home, then take tea or coffee in the morning in the morning and return home for dinner. At the end I spend nothing at last most times
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Mac2016(m): 8:53am On Dec 15, 2018
amprat:

He should plan to marry quickly
you mean he can't take care of himself so he needs an housemaid disguised as wife
what a wonderful reason to get married.

Is/was your mother a housemaid for taking care of your dad?
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by amprat: 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2018
Mac2016:

Is/was your mother a housemaid for taking care of your dad?

no, but my dad could take care of himself, he didn't marry her because he needed someone to perform house maid duties.
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 15, 2018
Donbigi2:

Missing morning meal is very dangerous pls.
Icant remember when last I ate morning meal.
Have tried it but still go back to brunch or lunch.
Now let me school you a bit.
Forget what oyibos have been telling us.
When u eat breakfast, chances are you will end up eating something for lunch and will def have a hearty dinner. That is how our system rolls.
Those days in the villages, our parents hardly eat in the morning. U will see mothers wake up early to prepare food for the children and off they go to market. My mum will put any small thing in her mouth. According to her, to wade off worms( lol). A spoon of rice or lick soup.Then she will eat whatever inside market.
Once she is back, she will eat to her satisfaction and that's that.
No obesity and that's how all of them were.
The daddies will even leave before we wake up. But be sure to have a feast at night.

I followed the oyibo "eat well" in the morning and ended up eating 3 times in the day and was adding dangerously even though it was a controlled eating. Before I wake up, I'm already planning on what to eat and if I don't eat, it will be like I will faint. At a point I discovered I have gone back to my usual way.
Just make sure u know the right kind of food to eat at any particular time u are supposed to eat.
There was a time I ate only once a day for 3 months. Nothing happened. It's psychological and body training. As a very busy person, I never felt it.
My husband eats once a day and that's in the evening and funny enough he still need to exercise else he will be on the wrong side.

Feed children well for optimal growth and the elderly for body regeneration.
As for us, the less we eat the better. It's even better the less starchy food we eat the more healthier we become.

The body need a certain amount of calories to function each day and most times a meal we eat the Nigerian way has double of that. Now add twice of that and dp the maths cheesy
The rest will be just waste of food.
I hope you understand me now kiss
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Sammiejo: 7:43am On Dec 18, 2018
Diospropio:
You sef your chop chop too much.

For breakfast, I take bread and tea. I buy the milk every month, so it's more cost effective. So, I spend just 120 for bread.

For lunch, which is usually my last meal for the day, I either go to the organisation's cafeteria where food is quiet cheap or eat outside. I spend a minimum of 300. And that solves my hunger for the day.

So, try to discipline yourself. No be only food you go work go do nah.

Lunch is your last meal everyday? Whoa! I need to learn this trick.
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Sammiejo: 7:46am On Dec 18, 2018
sassysure:
Get a small deep freezer. Make soups, stew and beans. Endeavour to always have dinner at home.
If you have power problem, get I pass my nebor for the freezer.

U can actually do without breakfast and lunch. It's training and with time your system will adapt to that.
Onceafter work, have a hearty dinner.
Treat yourself during weekend.

U eat to live not live to eat.

Children and old people can eat 3 times a day.
Or, are you having pregnancy craving?

You eat once a day?
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Sammiejo: 7:50am On Dec 18, 2018
sassysure:

Icant remember when last I ate morning meal.
Have tried it but still go back to brunch or lunch.
Now let me school you a bit.
Forget what oyibos have been telling us.
When u eat breakfast, chances are you will end up eating something for lunch and will def have a hearty dinner. That is how our system rolls.
Those days in the villages, our parents hardly eat in the morning. U will see mothers wake up early to prepare food for the children and off they go to market. My mum will put any small thing in her mouth. According to her, to wade off worms( lol). A spoon of rice or lick soup.Then she will eat whatever inside market.
Once she is back, she will eat to her satisfaction and that's that.
No obesity and that's how all of them were.
The daddies will even leave before we wake up. But be sure to have a feast at night.

I followed the oyibo "eat well" in the morning and ended up eating 3 times in the day and was adding dangerously even though it was a controlled eating. Before I wake up, I'm already planning on what to eat and if I don't eat, it will be like I will faint. At a point I discovered I have gone back to my usual way.
Just make sure u know the right kind of food to eat at any particular time u are supposed to eat.
There was a time I ate only once a day for 3 months. Nothing happened. It's psychological and body training. As a very busy person, I never felt it.
My husband eats once a day and that's in the evening and funny enough he still need to exercise else he will be on the wrong side.

Feed children well for optimal growth and the elderly for body regeneration.
As for us, the less we eat the better. It's even better the less starchy food we eat the more healthier we become.

The body need a certain amount of calories to function each day and most times a meal we eat the Nigerian way has double of that. Now add twice of that and dp the maths cheesy
The rest will be just waste of food.
I hope you understand me now kiss

And no Ulcer? I often hear people say that skipping meals like this can lead to Stomach Ulcer. I agree with you that in the villages people don't eat breakfast - brunch or lunch.
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Sammiejo: 7:52am On Dec 18, 2018
@OP I have no new ideas for you, except to say if you like bread ,you can prepare and pack sandwiches.
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 18, 2018
money is clearly not a problem for the is guy so all of you saying save this and that, rest.

O. P, learning to eat less is easy. Me personally, I eat in the morning around 8.am - 9am. Before proper office work starts. That tales me till close of work, except when I need to work late, then I just organise dinner from an eatery.

For those of you worried about savings. Always remove your savings the same day you receive your salary. You won't go wrong.
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Casemiro(m): 10:59am On Dec 20, 2018
> it is well

wow
choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies
Re: How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? by Aliyahsrecipes(f): 9:02am On Dec 21, 2018
Eat your breakfast at home.
Cook and pack your lunch along with you.
If you must buy food, buy and eat light food at night.
Live like no tomorrow is not about food...lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? / Why Are Our Markets Always Dirty? / ###EUROSONIC DISTRIBUTOR: Get Your Kitchen/home Appliances @ Wholesale Prices.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.