Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo (16124 Views)

Mother Arrested For Attempting To Murder Her Epileptic 1 Year Old Baby In Lagos / Anambra Man Arrested For Beating Wife, Burying Newborn Baby / Man Released By Ritualists After 2 Years In Ibadan Because He Wasn't Useful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by mediaNGR: 9:15am On Dec 14, 2018
Suspected ritualists have reportedly abducted a 13-day-old baby at Uro-Ajowa in the Akoko North-West Local Government Area of Ondo State.

The incident occurred in the early hours of Thursday while the mother of the baby, Mrs Oluwaseun Olomodi, was still sleeping.

A source stated that two suspected ritualists sneaked into the room where the newborn baby and the mother were sleeping and took the baby away.

The source said the hoodlums might have kidnapped the baby for ritual purposes.

The source said, “It happened around 1am on Thursday. The hoodlums gained entry into the house through the kitchen. After the hoodlums had abducted the baby, an elderly woman, who woke up at that time and attempted to rescue the baby, was cut with a machete by the hoodlums.

“The elderly woman’s scream woke up the neighbours and the victim’s mother, but the kidnappers had left. Immediately, the community members started combing the bushes but their efforts have not yielded any fruit up until now.”

When contacted, the Public Relations Officer for the Ondo State Police Command, Mr Femi Joseph, said the police had begun investigation into the matter.

“We have launched a manhunt for the hoodlums and I am very sure that they will soon be arrested. We have also begun investigation into the matter,” Joseph stated.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/12/suspected-ritualists-have-reportedly.html

1 Share

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by noblebirth(m): 11:29am On Dec 14, 2018
Ha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by ipobarethieves: 11:29am On Dec 14, 2018
sad death sentence to these criminals

5 Likes

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by Bossontop(m): 11:29am On Dec 14, 2018
undecided
Na dem na as per usual.........no surprises there

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by idioticpmb: 11:31am On Dec 14, 2018
Wild Wild West...headquarter of ritualists.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by osuofia2(m): 11:31am On Dec 14, 2018
Afonjas

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by tuna4servi(m): 11:32am On Dec 14, 2018
Dis country
Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by mainkendo: 11:32am On Dec 14, 2018
Ritual killing has become more rampant this year than prior years. If this issue is not properly tackled, nigeria might not need to divide,boko Haram will be a lesser issue. For the fact that the the act is becoming rampant shows that the greater part of the youth are accepting it. This is a big problem.

6 Likes

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by sinbadd: 11:32am On Dec 14, 2018
Yoruba and rituals be like PMB and Jubril

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by legibow: 11:32am On Dec 14, 2018
Why why why!!!!
This is heartlessness Ehn... Pikin way won con manage una Nigeria una don won kill am

4 Likes

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by Jaynom029(m): 11:33am On Dec 14, 2018
What sup of thing is dis?
Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 14, 2018
Its not slay queens again,now its babies undecided
Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by Jaynom029(m): 11:34am On Dec 14, 2018
tuna4servi:
Dis country
you are free to leave
Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by churchel: 11:35am On Dec 14, 2018
mediaNGR:
Suspected ritualists have reportedly abducted a 13-day-old baby at Uro-Ajowa in the Akoko North-West Local Government Area of Ondo State.

The incident occurred in the early hours of Thursday while the mother of the baby, Mrs Oluwaseun Olomodi, was still sleeping.

A source stated that two suspected ritualists sneaked into the room where the newborn baby and the mother were sleeping and took the baby away.

The source said the hoodlums might have kidnapped the baby for ritual purposes.

The source said, “It happened around 1am on Thursday. The hoodlums gained entry into the house through the kitchen. After the hoodlums had abducted the baby, an elderly woman, who woke up at that time and attempted to rescue the baby, was cut with a machete by the hoodlums.

“The elderly woman’s scream woke up the neighbours and the victim’s mother, but the kidnappers had left. Immediately, the community members started combing the bushes but their efforts have not yielded any fruit up until now.”

When contacted, the Public Relations Officer for the Ondo State Police Command, Mr Femi Joseph, said the police had begun investigation into the matter.

“We have launched a manhunt for the hoodlums and I am very sure that they will soon be arrested. We have also begun investigation into the matter,” Joseph stated.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/12/suspected-ritualists-have-reportedly.html
Only in the west u hear of such. miserable Afonjas

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by classicking(m): 11:35am On Dec 14, 2018
Which kind sleep be that
Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by RTSC: 11:35am On Dec 14, 2018
Tufiakwa

All these abomination and blood shed without justice, is enough to invoke poverty and under development on a country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by elderken(m): 11:36am On Dec 14, 2018
I still can't imagine how we got to this place.
Things have deteriorated so bad that it is now normal to kill, rape, kidnap people just to make money.
If something isn't done, and I mean fast. Nigeria won't just be the poverty capital of the world, we will soon be the kidna nad ritual capital of the world.
Just imagine a country where people have to walk around suspecting others of wanting part of their bodies for ritual purpose.

4 Likes

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by bknight: 11:37am On Dec 14, 2018
So how did they confirm the thieves were ritualists? undecided
Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by churchel: 11:37am On Dec 14, 2018
AFONJAS!!! synonyms of bad omen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by Asshurbanipal: 11:39am On Dec 14, 2018
Skull miners

3 Likes

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by tonymyke4life(m): 11:39am On Dec 14, 2018
ipobarethieves:
sad death sentence to these criminals

Can u sentence a thief whom u haven't caught?

1 Like

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by Failtech: 11:40am On Dec 14, 2018
HP Envy 15t For Sale, already in Lagos
Powerful i7 processor Quad Core
Whooping 8GB RAM
More than sufficient 1TB Hard Disc
Backlit keyboard
Windows 10
Still Very Neat
Price: 120k
Contacts on Signature

https://www.nairaland.com/4873310/hp-envy-15t-core-i7#73447843
Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by Cumtroller: 11:40am On Dec 14, 2018
Afonja’s on the beat again!!!

Ondo, Ogun and Osun states are the axis of evil in the country. So many atrocities are committed there on a daily basis.

My heartfelt condolence goes to Mrs. Oluwaseun Olomodi, her innocent child has been used as “raw materials” for money rituals by her fellow tribesmen.

Afonja Ajoka!!!

6 Likes

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by Baroba(m): 11:42am On Dec 14, 2018
Despicable, my biggest fear is the poor child would likely be decapitated if the police don't find these beasts..
Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by engrj(m): 11:47am On Dec 14, 2018
Dear Nairalanders this is the only way I can get your attention.
I have made a post about it even when I backed it up with Vanguard news and the nation's newspaper as my source. Still it didn't make front page.

I do not know if I have offended any of the moderator's if I have, I apologise. Please kindly look into my story.

I'm in need of help for my sick mother.
Many of you are familiar with my story.

My mother Akhare Flora O. Has kidney disease and has been surviving with the help of dialysis machine which is very expenssive and I'm not rich also I'm her only child and the only one taken care of her.

Pls note I'm not trying to scam anyone I'm not happy coming online to beg always but I have no choice than to beg. I have enough evidence.

Many of you have helped me alot. Your financial support so far kept my mum alive up to this very moment.
So let me say a big thank you all and God Almighty Bless you all beyond your imagination. Amen.

My mother is a staff of Ikpoba Okha Local government from Owan West Edo state. She is 48yrs on the 15th of this month is her Birthday. She is a single mother of one presently with me here in Lagos since April this year.
She was diagnosed with end-stage renal disease in April 2918.
Presently, she goes for renal dialysis twice a week as against the recommended three times a week due to fund constraint.

According to the doctors, she urgently needs a kidney transplant which can be done in India.

The steps I have taken so far for a Fundraising is:

I have written so many letters to the Edo state governor via Chief of staff, via ministry of women affairs & development via DHL and also through one uncle. Another letter to the deputy governor of Edo state I have contacted so many politicians in Edo state. I have the submitted requested documents to AIT Alagbado for announcement. I have written letter to Kokun, Williams Uchemba and KBK foundations I have contacted so many celebreties via Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Even my Twitter has been suspended. Then Vanguard and the nation's newspaper have published it. Punch reporter came around to interview my mother and I at home and they promised to work on it soon.

So far we have spent close to N1.2m on dialysis, blood transfusion, injections drugs, transportations and hospital admission.

donation so far is around N420k
As I type now we have just N16k left not even enough for another section of dialysis and she is due for dialysis and blood transfusion as her pcv is below 25.

One major challenge I do face is that, people don't believe me they don't even take time to read my messages cus many are scared that I'm a scammer which I have never done before. I have taken her to Churches too. Pastors have also prayed for her on phone. Some pastor from nairaland here who saw my story.

Nairalanders I'm on my knees begging you all to kindly assist me financially again to enable me take her to hospital for dialysis and the blood transfusion though from Apollo hospital India, they told us to budget like 12m naira for a kidney transplant we have a donor already(me).
Pls everyone here, help me save the life of my precious mother she is all I have.
Pls I need all the help you can offer if you can link me to any body that can help us or any foundation, TV stations or anyone that can help pls do let me know. Here is my direct contact +234-8064-945-586.
My mother Bank details is:

Account name :AKHARE FLORA O.
Bank Name: First Bank.
ACCOUNT NUMBER 2009301003.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRE03mItY1c
Read more here
https://www.nairaland.com/4686327/nairalander-may-lose-mother-no

https://www.nairaland.com/4443372/please-save-mothers-life-shes/5

https://www.nairaland.com/4874098/man-seeks-n8m-mothers-kidney

Link to vanguard

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/man-seeks-n8m-for-mothers-kidney-transplant/

Gofundme link

https://www.gofundme.com/frgzd-please-save-a-life

Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by thorpido(m): 11:47am On Dec 14, 2018
Evil people.
Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by iluvdonjazzy: 11:52am On Dec 14, 2018
we don't need politicians again in this country. they are our problem.
Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by ipobarethieves: 11:58am On Dec 14, 2018
tonymyke4life:

Can u sentence a thief whom u haven't caught?
what about rapist caught.
Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by overall90: 12:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
elderken:
I still can't imagine how we got to this place.
Things have deteriorated so bad that it is now normal to kill, rape, kidnap people just to make money.
If something isn't done, and I mean fast. Nigeria won't just be the poverty capital of the world, we will soon be the kidna nad ritual capital of the world.
Just imagine a country where people have to walk around suspecting others of wanting part of their bodies for ritual purpose.

these are signs of a failed government and a failing society but sadly, some people have refused to accept reality.
Re: Ritualists Kidnap Sleeping Mother’s Newborn Baby In Ondo by Judybash93(m): 12:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
Bossontop:
undecided
Na dem na as per usual.........no surprises there

Can you just for once not bring up your tribalistic sentiments?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Escapees Identify Boko Haram Abductors On Wanted Poster / Civil Servant Charged With Rape Of A 15-year-old Girl / How We Dismantled Boko Haram Leadership — DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.