Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed (19104 Views)

Best University In Nigeria To Study Mechanical Engineering / Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by Otunba12(m): 5:46am On Jan 16, 2007
Hello, LIFTED, i am also a Ladokite, How can i know , i live at A K BELLO ESTATE and my name is OTUNBA , holla me on 08077522366 or handsomebola@yahoo.com
Lets make them believe we have it all in Lautech , Shey na Efiko abi na Money , Shey na to form Papaz abi na to Club , Omo Bone , Lautech be Oga
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by soulpatrol(f): 1:37am On Jan 21, 2007
otunba, what set are you? which people do you know in lautech?
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by GNature(m): 10:40pm On Jan 21, 2007
Lautech is a good school - there is a guy i know of that graduated in 2004 from there with
first class honors and is currently a PhD student in Canada. He obtained his Msc from
this same school in Canada and is doing extremely well.

I wouldn't say Lautech is the best school in Nigeria, but it is a good school. One way to measure the quality
of a school is by its products and this doctoral student in Canada attests to the quality of lautech.

And Please, lets not get caught up with the past glories of the first generation universities. It's
only a matter of time before the private and state universities get better rankings than the
1st generation universities. I hate to sound persimistic, but the truth must be told.
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by amoradeyo: 4:19pm On Apr 07, 2007
Well, allow me to say this about this shameful arguments about best or no best university in Nigeria.

I finished my undergrad in Nigeria and came here for a masters degree. My brothers, lets not deceive ourselves, Nigerian universities are dead! UI or no UI, OAU or no OAU. In ranking of African universities, only 4 Nigerian universities made the list. UI, OAU, Uniben and Pan Africa university all of which have very low score compared with the so-called disadvantaged university of Zululand in South Africa(one of the poorest in that country) beating these your so-called UI,or whatever hands down. Sometimes I am ashamed among colleagues when they talk about university ratings and universities from my country are no where to be found and there you are at home fighting over useless claims.

South Africa has just 21 universities and all these made the list of the first 100 universities in Africa with the first best 7 from that country. Nigeria in deed is the giant of Africa! The facilities in in the so-called UI, where are they? How many Nigerian professors attend international conferences? How many universities in Nigeria host international conferences? What research outputs do these so-called universities have? My friends stop waisting your time here, no university in Nigeria is of African standard not to talk of world standard!

You guys should stop this argument and bury your heads in shame!
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by pixie(f): 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2007
I appreciate all those who have said one thing or the other on this thread.i didn't post this thread to argue cos everyone believes his or her school is the best afterall,if a mad man is given a hoe,he'll hoe the ground to himself.
generally, educational standard in all institutions are bad and i think silver started this thread based on NUC ratings where lautech has been rated as the best state university for about 3 years consecutively.

lautech as an institution cannot be compared to ui,oau and other first generation universities based on it's age and infrastructure on ground,but ladokites can compete favourably well with graduates from other universities,there are a lot of testionials to that effect.

most first generation unis are living on past glory,but lautech is a young flower just budding and when the frangrance of the older flowers are gone and they are withered,lautech will be in its full glory.

excellence,intergrity and service.
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by sunpetok: 2:38pm On May 29, 2007
LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY is a great school and the ICT initiative of the Prof. B.B. Adeleke is a good step in the right direction. The LAUTECH ICT WEB TEAM are doing great with the cool University website (http://www.lautech.edu.ng)
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by oludunamis(m): 3:37pm On May 29, 2007
i am in agreement with amoradeyo. I finished from UI, it did not make me better than someone that finished from lautech.

your God given aptitude and hard work are more important. ur univ will not determine ur success

i wish lautech good luck, but they shld not start making noise now, only empy barrels makes noise

UI, OAU etc attract the best brains in the first place, the institutions did not make them, most students going to lautech etc cant pass jamb in a competitive way

anyway, am not slagging off any uni, if u like attend esut, or bida poly, maiduguri, esa-oke etc, just study like crazy, be very outstanding, thats what u need to pass employment test, GRE, GMAT etc and not ur univ or course

peace

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by onyex(f): 7:14am On Jun 10, 2007
Who are u kidding?LAUTECH is the best state university in Nigeria ONLY.UNILAG Iis the #1,UNIJOS#2,UNIBEN#3.LAUTECH is cool anyway.Peace
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by hamzlolly(f): 4:57pm On Aug 08, 2007
Hi everyone, my name is Lolade and I have no idea how good Lautech is. Am sure itz more than aite.  As a matter of fact what am about to say is totally irrelevant to the topic but actually relevant to the students of Lautech on here. I would really appreciate it if anyone is either friends with or actually know Taiwo and Kehinde kareem through anyone in Uni. I know it's a dumb idea as the uni would probably be as huge as anything but am still gon have to try my luck. I've been friends with them since high school. We went to the same high school (ise-oulwa montessori group of school) before they actually went to some science school. We lost contact since then and some of ma mates told me they now attend lautech. They are like my best friends and i've been trying to get their number for about two years now, but unfortunately, all is to no avail. so i would really really appreciate it if therez someone that actually know them. they can write me an email through twocrown@hotmail.com. I know this is crazy as the probability of anyone knowing them on here is 0 but i love them gurls to bits and i would give anything to talk to them again. thanks  smiley
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by mconqueror(m): 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2007
umh in your dreams embarassed
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by mconqueror(m): 12:44pm On Sep 03, 2007
Lautech? in your dreams

sounds humorous, embarassed
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by larriederm(m): 2:12pm On Sep 04, 2007
great ladokites! well, all i beleive is that lautech is going places, check the history compare to when ui, and the likes starts thiers, i think the problem with us in nigeria is that we dont want to listen to the trut! anyway lautech is my school and i was not among the pple that rated it best university but i think they see the stuff we have and the product of the school that is why they rated us like that! anyway , either you guys like it or not , it will remain te best. just wat' out!
ALL LADOKITES IN THE HOUSE 'INTEMIDATION WE CONDOLE NOT'
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by marjson(m): 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2007
cool grin WHICH LAUTECH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, INFRASTRUCTURE VER POOR, ACCOMODATION VERY POOR, INFACT FOR TOGO HERE YOU NO FIT USE YOUR LAUTECH CERTIFICATE WORK NNOT TO TALK OF DEVELOPED COUNTRY, YOU BETTER CAHNGED THE NAME TO ORON NA UNIVERSITY OGBOMOSO, shocked grin grin cool
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by toba1909(m): 11:58pm On Sep 06, 2007
Why do people come online to post rubbish? You're comparing LAUTECH a state owned university with such outstandings to Togo university which is probably a federal university. If you don't know things you shut the mess up, i am an alumni of LAUTECH; What are the infrastructures that are poor? Your reply is awaited, stupid punk.
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by kolsrah(m): 11:43pm On Sep 07, 2007
you guys don't have work to do,better go and trade and leave grin stupid lautech, lol
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by tejutaiwoh(m): 11:49pm On Sep 07, 2007
u guys are making me go mad,
lauutech is a nonsense SCHOOL<
I AM A GRADUATE OF ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING FROM
THE PRESTIGIOUS AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY ZARIA
I VISITED THEIR LAB iT WAS rubbishhhhhhhhhhh
so stop shoutiNG abOUT
LAUTECH IS A dUMPING GROUND
I HAVE FRIENDS WHO WERE WITHDRAWN RFROM OAU AND
THEY MADE UPPER FROM LAUTECH
GREATEST ABUSITES
TAIWO
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by omodada1: 11:27pm On Nov 23, 2007
finish and get married, thats my school for u. spent 5yrs and still have a year left, i no repeat o! but no regret, i could nt have been better! thanks to LAUTECH.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by omodada1: 11:34pm On Nov 23, 2007
olofijana (nigerian player) finished from lautech, 3 times SUG president 'bother Ropo', bros mendel (12 yrs), musa, bolo,, many more like that infact, wait to see Omodada finish and u will no lautech is great. we set a good pace, no bef i beg o! na becos we get rich and heavy cars? hahahaaaaaa grin grin grin grin
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by lucyojayme(f): 3:29pm On Feb 22, 2008
Hi,
Nice postings. but If LAUTECH is the best state university in Nigeria then we really have a long way to go. I'm a Ladokite. Just Left Ogomoso for LTH osogbo for my clinicals. smiley
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by tbanj07(m): 11:49am On Jul 04, 2008
LAUTECH is sure the best university if you wanna study anything that has to do with Technology and more. Go LAUTECH!!!
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by moshoodn(m): 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2008
LAUTECH, Well u guys are trying anyway.
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by Fadajasi(m): 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2008
Lautech rocks!
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by tbanj07(m): 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2008
any ideas on LAUTECH's Post-UME date, Please let me know.
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2008
This is a FALLACY. fallacy ad populum (appeal to emotion)
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by Duroti: 1:23am On Jul 17, 2008
you guys should not glory on the past, by the way we are making ourselves and not depending on our forefathers that thralled the campus to give us names, make names yourselves and stop the issue of how many pot-bellied profs u produced, has long has am concerned LAUTECH is the bomb, its not all about infrastructures, its all about knowledge and what you can get from the school. THUMBS UP LADOKITES IN THE HOUSE!
shocked tongue
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by patani(m): 3:46pm On Nov 22, 2008
LAUTECH! or no LAUTECH wat matters is aw much development you can do on your self during the undergraduate years. I am also an almni of LAUTECH, Elect/Elect I can say it with all my mouth that I am far beter that my mates at work who went to UNILAG,OAU AND UNN, not pride, But I belive your personalty has a long way to go. Thier are dull people in OAU and other Fedral universities as seen in LAUTECH. As regard the standard of EXAM conducted in LAUTECH I give kudos to the Authority, thier is Zero tolerance for cheating, I av been to OAU during ONE OF THIER seMESTER FACULTY EXAMs, all of them were giarafin and coping themselves as if they were writing class quiz, men THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN lautech, I cant say maybe now sha! lipsrsealed
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by t12(m): 11:25pm On Jan 10, 2009
So far it's not a private institution here 4 naija, omo i no go lie u, everything is in shambles. permit me, everything dey bleeped. Ladoke ko, Akintola ni! wating una dey yan about way sweet for Ur mouth sef, best state my foot. please, everybody way don post on this trend for heaven's sake, i dey on my knees, come see for yourself.
primarily, we all were sent to school to acquire knowledge, competition is inevitable either by connections, money or get bleeped if u r a lady, all because of admission n B.Tech. Also, i wasn't sent to school to compare schools structure, but can u imagine receiving lectures under a tree for 4years upon 40grand? did i still here best state school?
Lautech is best at doing one thing; "Shed construction". not just a shed in which one can wait for the next lecture or have a recess , but believe me that's the lecture room/hall.
Why do u think lautech products are sound, agile, active and smart? simple that because none of them ever wants to experience what they went through in the institution. you can recall when Yahoooooo venture was still booming, kudos to my boiz wink, dem gain ground wella shocked
                                                                                         ,  to be continued
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by patani(m): 7:49am On Jan 12, 2009
@t12

When last did you go to LAUTECH? almost all the shed has been replaced with a modern lecture rooms, I believe UI and UNILAG were also in that stage long time ago. so stop the derogatory statements
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by t12(m): 12:51pm On Jan 12, 2009
Hmm Patani cry,
omo Lautech daada, EEE for that matter, who yan u say almost all the shed have been replaced? infact, how many years lecture did u receive under that micon shed? or have u forgotten your 'lecture hall'. but u know say that one won't be replaced sha?.He even talk say replaced with a modern one, do u mean modern sheds? Or do you want me to start mentioning all the lecturing hall way dey? Apart from studios, labs, and the defunct  pds block, are the rest up to 8 in an entire best state school ? shocked how many times have you been told insufficient venue for an exam? or do u have any other micon shed for your dept? men what is bad is bad, koloruko meji. its how much one can actually develop his/herself. no use the initial state of UNILAG or U.I. to console urself.

cry u dey this place u still dey side one school, i dey sorry for u undecided
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by cvibe: 1:44pm On Jan 12, 2009
@poster.
In terms of

Quality of Education or facility?
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by patani(m): 6:53pm On Jan 12, 2009
@cvibe.
I support you they are both different things, lol
@t12
were you in LAUTECH in recent times or you graduated from there?
Re: LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed by toba1909(m): 12:09am On Jan 13, 2009
@ t12,
The cases you mentioned are for the LAUTECH of old and not now.
I graduated from the same dept as you did, when i visited school last year,
i was amazed at the development i saw in school.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NAIRALAND INTERSCHOOL DEBATE Team 4: Geniuses are born not made? / Geography Vs Urban & Regional Planning: Which Should He Go For? / Worst Schools In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.