Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets (450 Views)

Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag / Boko Haram Executes, Amir Baba-kaka ‘Governor Of Lake Chad’ In Power Struggle / Battle For Control Of Lake Chad Basin Hots Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets by Johnnyessence(m): 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2018
Scarcity of the Lagos-Kebbi States collaboration brand of local rice, popularly known as ‘LAKE Rice’, has hit the Lagos markets, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.
NAN correspondents’ visits to some of the major markets and distribution outlets within the state showed that there were no LAKE Rice on display or in stock for sale to consumers.
Some retail traders at major markets and distributors of the product told NAN that they had yet to restock after exhausting the stocks they had since September and October.
One of the distributors, Mrs Augustina Nwanze, said she was still expecting new stocks which she had ordered for since October.
“I paid for new stocks of the product but unfortunately they had yet to be delivered.
“Once l receive a phone call from Alausa to come and pick the products, l will go and pick them.
“The delivery is usually on first come first serve, so l am waiting for my turn,” Nwanze said.
Another distributor, Mrs Bimbo Ogun, said she ran out of stocks since early November.
“Since then, l have been waiting for new supplies from the state secretariat.
“The product (LAKE Rice) is not readily available like the foreign rice.
“The state government is still fine-tuning ways to flood the market with the product.
“I have been telling my customers to be patience as the product will soon be available, especially since it is festive season, “ she said.
Ogun explained that she sold the rice along with the other goods, saying that now that the product was not available, other goods had been sustaining her.
Read Also: Buhari, governors meet in Aso Rock
A senior member of staff in the state Ministry of Agriculture who pleaded anonymity, told NAN that the product was not available now for sale to the public.
“There has been some logistics challenge which accounted for the delay and scarcity of the rice.
“However, the ministry is working hard to make sure that the product is available especially during the festive season.
“For now, we are appealing to the distributors and customers to bear with us.
‘’A 50kg bag of LAKE Rice sells for N12, 000; 25 kg at N6,000; and 10kg goes for N3,000,’’ he said. http://thenationonlineng.net/scarcity-lake-rice-hits-lagos-markets/

Re: Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets by Ziggylady(f): 2:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
LAKE rice indeed....normal APC scams nothing more.
Re: Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets by manutdrichie(m): 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
Lake rice ko
Fake rice ni
Re: Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets by doctokwus: 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2018
Rebagged rice used for propaganda by the obese failure of a governor.

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets by Anambralstson: 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
The wanted to copy eastern rice, Propaganda get expiring date, what of Ogun fake pyramid rice grin grin
Re: Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets by ideynl1: 2:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
The same question I asked some days ago: where is lake rice?

It seems the propaganda has ended now Ambode isn't coming back. If it were before, they would have started the propaganda in October.

Oja ti burst.
Re: Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets by Johnnyessence(m): 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
Anambralstson:
The wanted to copy eastern rice, Propaganda get expiring date, what of Ogun fake pyramid rice grin grin
no where to be found oooo.
Re: Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets by Johnnyessence(m): 3:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ziggylady:

LAKE rice indeed....normal APC scams nothing more.
na scam lakerice be jare. a bag of rice is now #22k
Re: Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets by Johnnyessence(m): 3:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
ideynl1:
The same question I asked some days ago: where is lake rice?

It seems the propaganda has ended now Ambode isn't coming back. If it were before, they would have started the propaganda in October.

Oja ti burst.
yes
Re: Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets by Johnnyessence(m): 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
doctokwus:
Rebagged rice used for propaganda by the obese failure of a governor.
lol Ambode scammed lagosians on that oooo.
Re: Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets by Ziggylady(f): 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
Johnnyessence:
na scam lakerice be jare. a bag of rice is now #22k

Are you serious??...smh!
Re: Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets by LibertyRep: 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2018
Someone should please confirm if Mitros Rice is also available in Ogun. Abi that one too na scam?

Christmas is here already abeg.
Re: Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets by Johnnyessence(m): 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ziggylady:

Are you serious??...smh!
yes dear, I'm very serious.
Re: Scarcity Of LAKE Rice Hits Lagos Markets by Johnnyessence(m): 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ziggylady:

Are you serious??...smh!
yes dear, I'm very serious. A congo of rice now is #750

(1) (Reply)

Buhari New Airport Terminals / Breaking: After Medical Re-examination, OUK Returns To Nigeria / APC Has Fulfilled All Campaign Promises To Nigerians- Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.