Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,850 members, 7,841,213 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Direct Entry Vs HND - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Direct Entry Vs HND (902 Views)

Hnd Conversion To Bsc Cost At Kwasu / Help, Using NCE For Direct Entry / 2017/2018 Rivers State University Of Science And Technology Direct Entry Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Direct Entry Vs HND by Gamborima(m): 9:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
Please help me with the advice of that question

my question goes like that :
I am a holder of OND in the department of Urban & Regional Planning, and i graduate with upper credit 3.18, so i want to continuor my study but i'm rude that i dont know HND or B.Sc is better for me , bcux in my state there is no URP B.Tech only HND URP we have it, and i dont want to go to the other state, and if i go to my state university they will give me GEOGRAPHY B.Sc, so is't GEOGRAPHY B.Sc or HND URP is better ?

please i need an advices
Re: Direct Entry Vs HND by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2018
The only thing I can see here is that you're not ready to leave your state. That seems to be the biggest problem. If you're ready to leave your state, the desired becomes achievable, if you're not ready to leave your state, then manage one of the 2 options.

1 Like

Re: Direct Entry Vs HND by Gamborima(m): 9:50pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ok, but which one is better, this why i need your advice
Re: Direct Entry Vs HND by Gamborima(m): 8:50am On Dec 19, 2018
germanized:
The only thing I can see here is that you're not ready to leave your state. That seems to be the biggest problem. If you're ready to leave your state, the desired becomes achievable, if you're not ready to leave your state, then manage one of the 2 options.
yes but sir, which one is better
Re: Direct Entry Vs HND by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 19, 2018
Gamborima:
yes but sir, which one is better

Leave your state and follow your dreams while you're still young. Everything won't be available in ur area, you have to move. Don't sit down there... That's my advice for you.
Re: Direct Entry Vs HND by Gamborima(m): 8:57am On Dec 19, 2018
germanized:

Leave your state and follow your dreams while you're still young. Everything won't be available in ur area, you have to move. Don't sit down there... That's my advice for you.
Ok Sir i will try 2 go 2 other state and get B.Tech, but why most people dont like HND, is't not thesame level as degree ¿
Re: Direct Entry Vs HND by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 19, 2018
Gamborima:
Ok Sir i will try 2 go 2 other state and get B.Tech, but why most people dont like HND, is't not thesame level as degree ¿

When you graduate, you will see how people discriminate against HND. HND is not equal to a degree. The only problem is that in Nigeria, the government has not adjusted our educational system.

In the UK, OND is one year and HND is one year, making 2 years total, BSc. Is 3-4 years. But in Nigeria, you spend 5 years to get HND and it is still not equal to a degree. So can you see it is a waste of time?

1 Like

Re: Direct Entry Vs HND by Gamborima(m): 9:09am On Dec 19, 2018
germanized:

When you graduate, you will see how people discriminate against HND. HND is not equal to a degree. The only problem is that in Nigeria, the government has not adjusted our educational system.

In the UK, OND is one year and HND is one year, making 2 years total, BSc. Is 3-4 years. But in Nigeria, you spend 5 years to get HND and it is still not equal to a degree. So can you see it is a waste of time?
Ok, i understand wallahi, i will try to do B.Sc or B.Tech, HND is just wahala, pls when the direct entry form started sell ?
pls how much is the money of the form and online of direct entry ¿
Re: Direct Entry Vs HND by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 19, 2018
Gamborima:
Ok, i understand wallahi, i will try to do B.Sc or B.Tech, HND is just wahala, pls when the direct entry form started sell ?
pls how much is the money of the form and online of direct entry ¿

Go and find out the date. I've given you my own 5kobo. Have a nice day bro and good luck with your education. wink
Re: Direct Entry Vs HND by Gamborima(m): 9:16am On Dec 19, 2018
germanized:

Go and find out the date. I've given you my own 5kobo. Have a nice day bro and good luck with your education. wink
thanks bro 4 given me more about my education, may God help us

1 Like

Re: Direct Entry Vs HND by Papacypaul(m): 9:27am On Dec 19, 2018
Gamborima:
Please help me with the advice of that question

my question goes like that :
I am a holder of OND in the department of Urban & Regional Planning, and i graduate with upper credit 3.18, so i want to continuor my study but i'm rude that i dont know HND or B.Sc is better for me , bcux in my state there is no URP B.Tech only HND URP we have it, and i dont want to go to the other state, and if i go to my state university they will give me GEOGRAPHY B.Sc, so is't GEOGRAPHY B.Sc or HND URP is better ?

please i need an advices
it's better you zero your mind bou state of some sort, i had HND from ibdpoly in civil engineering but the discrimination makes me go Zaria to pursue B. Eng and was admitted to 300lvl with my HND, now in 400lvl. It's not easy, but the hard way is the only way. Don't want situation where i will be rubbished because of mere certificate

1 Like

Re: Direct Entry Vs HND by Gamborima(m): 9:31am On Dec 19, 2018
Papacypaul:
it's better you zero your mind bou state of some sort, i had HND from ibdpoly in civil engineering but the discrimination makes me go Zaria to pursue B. Eng and was admitted to 300lvl with my HND, now in 400lvl. It's not easy, but the hard way is the only way. Don't want situation where i will be rubbished because of mere certificate
Ok bro, i understood, i try to do B.Sc geography, but bro when the DIRECT ENTRY Form start selling ¿?

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Donates N1.2bn Students’ Hostel To ABU / The Story Of A Boy With The Best Waec Result / Federal Tertiary Institutions Staff Now Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.