Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,670 members, 7,959,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:34 AM

Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions (12959 Views)

Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal / Buhari, APC Keep Mum As Gbajabiamila Is Enmeshed In US Fraud Scam / Vp Osinbajo,ambode And Sanwo-olu Storm Lagos Markets 4 Tradermoni Empowerment(pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by Trustee1: 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2018
XplicitDOW:
sai baba and king of the conquest osi baba will verify n bring justice to it.

its in our blood #integrity

sai baba
feBuhari
2023 owa pa
Can't believe my eyes,even with this,you're Still blindfolded in slavery! May God delivery you from the captivity of stupidity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by contigiency(m): 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2018
All these nonsense from a PDP hired writer is just to paint this wonderful objective of government bad. But they are wasting their time.
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by RTSC: 12:24pm On Dec 15, 2018
contigiency:
All these nonsense from a PDP hired writer is just to paint this wonderful objective of government bad. But they are wasting their time.
It is because of people like you that Eugenics should be legal.
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by condralbedez: 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2018
Am not suprised at all !

2 Likes

Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by lafuria1(m): 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2018
Would have expected punch to contact the Bank of industry to lay their facts and demand for immediate response but no, decided to end the news at interviewing victims.
Punch is a fraud

1 Like

Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by israelmao(m): 12:29pm On Dec 15, 2018
You dole out cash publicly in this country and you expect some cash poachers to keep looking.
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by stevo4them(m): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
ebusnwaoma:
The TraderMoni scheme which the Federal Government embarked on weeks ago, has been enmeshed in Fraud allegations and illegal deductions. 

While it is alleged that the TraderMoni scheme is a collateral-free loan targeted at petty traders and artisans, it has been enmeshed in Fraud allegations, illegal deductions. The scheme is cordinated by the Bank of Industry and the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme, a unit in the Office of the Vice President, have six months to repay the loan with flexible options of N85 daily or N430 weekly.

Beneficiaries who receive an initial loan of N10,000, will qualify to obtain further loans of N15,000, N20,000 and N50,000, if they don’t default in repaying the facility.

However Punch gathered that a graduate of Food Science from the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Daramola who ventured into petty trading, after quitting his previous job, had his hope crashed after he only got the sum of N8,000 – N2,000 less than the amount promised by the Federal Government. 

The petty trader who expressed worries over how he would still be expected to repay N10,000, according to the requirements of the scheme, wrote via his Twitter handle @DaramolaMike22; 

“So I received the #TraderMoni by #FG today, but to my surprise, the officials gave out N8,000 instead of N10,000 which means they deducted N2,000 each from everyone who got the money. How do we make Nigeria work with such acts? @DrJoeAbah, @ProfOsinbajo, @segalink, @feladurotoye.”

It was gathered that he is not the only victim of the deduction. Agents who came to the market to disburse the loan to beneficiaries, initially collected N2,000 cash from each beneficiary before transferring N10,000 to their bank accounts. But later, they stopped collecting N2,000 cash from beneficiaries and transferred just the sum of N8,000 to them.

Cash transfers were made through the Eyowo app, which enables users to send or receive money and make other transactions with their phone number, with or without a bank account. Speaking to Punch correspodent, Daramola said; 

“What happened was that their agents came to the market to sensitise traders about the scheme. That was how I got to know about it. Actually, I know the initial loan of N10,000 cannot do much for my business, but my target was to be able to repay the loan on schedule so as to qualify for the larger loans, which will help me to grow my business.

“The agents took our names and phone numbers and told us that we would get a message from them if we were successful.

“After about two months, I got a message that I had qualified to receive the loan. Many other traders in the market (Sabo market, Ikorodu) also got the same message.

“When the agents came to pay us the money, they asked us to show the message they sent to us before we could receive the money.

“We already knew it was N10,000 because that was what they told us when they came to sensitise us about the TraderMoni scheme and we had also heard in the news that that was the amount the government was giving out as loan to petty traders, so we were expecting N10,000.

“Initially, when the agents want to pay people, before they transfer N10,000 to anybody, they will first collect N2,000 cash from the beneficiary. They were collecting N2,000 cash before transferring N10,000, which means what they were giving out to beneficiaries in the market was N8,000.

“But after doing that for the first two days they came to disburse the loans, they stopped collecting N2,000 cash and instead just transferred N8,000 to the beneficiaries.”

Several other traders in Sabo market corroborated Daramola’s account, and further stated that no explanation was given for the deduction of N2,000 from the loan; meanwhile, they are still expected to repay N10,000.

Further checks by our correspondent revealed that similar deductions were recorded among beneficiaries in some other markets in Lagos, particularly in the Mushin and Oyingbo areas. In both areas, it was alleged that some traders who were ‘sponsored’ or ‘brought into the scheme’ by the market leaders received even less than N8,000, in cash from the said market leaders, who reportedly received the loans from the agents on behalf of the beneficiaries.

Efforts to track down the said agents, who disbursed N8,000 instead of N10,000 to beneficiaries at Sabo market and other areas, were not successful. The traders who were affected by the development told our correspondent that they didn’t have the contacts of the concerned agents.

https://lailasnews.com/tradermoni-scheme-enmeshed-in-fraud-allegations-illegal-deductions/

lalasticlala

Some people lose their senses when they wanna criticize.. .. How much is enshrined in the budget that nysc should collect.. . How much are they being paid

When you pay your school fees in bank don't you get charged for bank drafts?

I wonder where this one comes from oh
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
I just de laugh.
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by Felizy(m): 12:33pm On Dec 15, 2018
Nigeria Where Are We Heading To.

#10,000 For A Trader, Will He Use It To Pay Security Levy Or What.
Now Some Stupid Scammers Are Cutting #2,000 Off The Initial Amount.
NigeriaWhere?
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 15, 2018
Sirheny007:
grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin

Sirhenny alias Brunclezuma

BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by idioticpmb: 12:36pm On Dec 15, 2018
Every scheme headed by Osinbajo is always ridden with corruption. #corruptFakePastor
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by safarigirl(f): 12:36pm On Dec 15, 2018
stevo4them:

Some people lose their senses when they wanna criticize.. .. How much is enshrined in the budget that nysc should collect.. . How much are they being paid

When you pay your school fees in bank don't you get charged for bank drafts?

I wonder where this one comes from oh
so, bank charges are up to 1k for a LOAN?

Is NYSC allowance a loan? Is school fees a loan? Or do you just want to talk?

When you see bad thing, talk. FG organised 10k, not 8k....somebody or some people are stealing that money before it gets to those it should get to, somebody is stealing from you and you are making excuses for that? Except you are one of the thieves, this should really bother you.

3 Likes

Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by Reggie2(m): 12:36pm On Dec 15, 2018
It is unintelligent and worrisome to hear people shift a blame of accountability to people rather than to the government. If this is the case, why the noise of FIGHTING CORRUPTION! What measures are in place to actually fight corruption when an implementation is fraught with another form of corruption! You go to the market to share money, demand two thousand naira upfront and vote commitment, and some right-minded somebody turns around to defend the undefendable. Typical police corruption syndrome: deploy officers to collect bribe on the roads, fain ignorance, and when a report is made, they tell you that they are either not aware, or that they will investigate the matter.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by tunasco20(m): 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2018
This is how it use to start. We will be blaming our already corrupt leaders but this is how it use to start.
I just tire for this country... an average Nigerian is potentially corrupt. Why can't we do something right for once...as in just once

1 Like

Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by biztip: 12:44pm On Dec 15, 2018
am sorry for those still thinking buhati is fighting any corruption, same way fashola came out to tell u DT there is nothing govt can do abt power since its privatised, will buhari tell us one day there is nothing he can do about Nigeria, these guys re just gross incompetent and still wants to rule again. for what?
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 15, 2018
The whole programme itself is a fraud

None of the people receiving 10k will come out of it richer

The only people laughing to the bank are the schemers
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by worriedguy(m): 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2018
safarigirl:
See the country that is looking for a man of integrity as a leader.

A nation filled with criminals, everybody has some level of criminality ingrained in them. They want to defraud others, they want to steal, they bloat figures and deduct from them.... Criminals everywhere, but they have the guts to accuse others of being corrupt.

I repeat, the population of people of integrity in this country is not more than 5% of the population, everybody else is a criminal waiting to be unleashed. Just give them small power and see their real faces.
You're right...deep down we know corruption is our major problem but we won't just let go...the average Nigeria is corrupt weather Christian or Muslim the only time we complian about corruption is when we are not benefitting
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by olujastro: 1:04pm On Dec 15, 2018
ebusnwaoma:
The TraderMoni scheme which the Federal Government embarked on weeks ago, has been enmeshed in Fraud allegations and illegal deductions. 

While it is alleged that the TraderMoni scheme is a collateral-free loan targeted at petty traders and artisans, it has been enmeshed in Fraud allegations, illegal deductions. The scheme is cordinated by the Bank of Industry and the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme, a unit in the Office of the Vice President, have six months to repay the loan with flexible options of N85 daily or N430 weekly.

Beneficiaries who receive an initial loan of N10,000, will qualify to obtain further loans of N15,000, N20,000 and N50,000, if they don’t default in repaying the facility.

However Punch gathered that a graduate of Food Science from the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Daramola who ventured into petty trading, after quitting his previous job, had his hope crashed after he only got the sum of N8,000 – N2,000 less than the amount promised by the Federal Government. 

The petty trader who expressed worries over how he would still be expected to repay N10,000, according to the requirements of the scheme, wrote via his Twitter handle @DaramolaMike22; 

“So I received the #TraderMoni by #FG today, but to my surprise, the officials gave out N8,000 instead of N10,000 which means they deducted N2,000 each from everyone who got the money. How do we make Nigeria work with such acts? @DrJoeAbah, @ProfOsinbajo, @segalink, @feladurotoye.”

It was gathered that he is not the only victim of the deduction. Agents who came to the market to disburse the loan to beneficiaries, initially collected N2,000 cash from each beneficiary before transferring N10,000 to their bank accounts. But later, they stopped collecting N2,000 cash from beneficiaries and transferred just the sum of N8,000 to them.

Cash transfers were made through the Eyowo app, which enables users to send or receive money and make other transactions with their phone number, with or without a bank account. Speaking to Punch correspodent, Daramola said; 

“What happened was that their agents came to the market to sensitise traders about the scheme. That was how I got to know about it. Actually, I know the initial loan of N10,000 cannot do much for my business, but my target was to be able to repay the loan on schedule so as to qualify for the larger loans, which will help me to grow my business.

“The agents took our names and phone numbers and told us that we would get a message from them if we were successful.

“After about two months, I got a message that I had qualified to receive the loan. Many other traders in the market (Sabo market, Ikorodu) also got the same message.

“When the agents came to pay us the money, they asked us to show the message they sent to us before we could receive the money.

“We already knew it was N10,000 because that was what they told us when they came to sensitise us about the TraderMoni scheme and we had also heard in the news that that was the amount the government was giving out as loan to petty traders, so we were expecting N10,000.

“Initially, when the agents want to pay people, before they transfer N10,000 to anybody, they will first collect N2,000 cash from the beneficiary. They were collecting N2,000 cash before transferring N10,000, which means what they were giving out to beneficiaries in the market was N8,000.

“But after doing that for the first two days they came to disburse the loans, they stopped collecting N2,000 cash and instead just transferred N8,000 to the beneficiaries.”

Several other traders in Sabo market corroborated Daramola’s account, and further stated that no explanation was given for the deduction of N2,000 from the loan; meanwhile, they are still expected to repay N10,000.

Further checks by our correspondent revealed that similar deductions were recorded among beneficiaries in some other markets in Lagos, particularly in the Mushin and Oyingbo areas. In both areas, it was alleged that some traders who were ‘sponsored’ or ‘brought into the scheme’ by the market leaders received even less than N8,000, in cash from the said market leaders, who reportedly received the loans from the agents on behalf of the beneficiaries.

Efforts to track down the said agents, who disbursed N8,000 instead of N10,000 to beneficiaries at Sabo market and other areas, were not successful. The traders who were affected by the development told our correspondent that they didn’t have the contacts of the concerned agents.

https://lailasnews.com/tradermoni-scheme-enmeshed-in-fraud-allegations-illegal-deductions/

lalasticlala
Cc presidency. Please investigate and prosecute all corrupt offenders.
Nigerians are just too corrupt for my understanding!
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by ClearFlair: 1:11pm On Dec 15, 2018
PDP and lies are virtually inseparable.
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by UncleJudax(m): 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2018
We share pfighting kworopcion grin
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by jconsulting(f): 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2018
That is the money you will spend for the next 4 years
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by Deepthoughts: 2:01pm On Dec 15, 2018
ebusnwaoma:

lalasticlala
This trademoni like saraki rightly said is just sheer fraud n vote buying in disguise,mark my words no dime is going to be paid back, osibanjo will just manufacture a shallow reason why the program failed to the applause of the zombies.
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by cicc2010(f): 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2018
My area na 5k them receive. I fit provide info
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by BruncleZuma: 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

Sirhenny alias Brunclezuma

WTFF, bros your eye glass don loss again?

[img]https://i./3NpsC.gif[/img]
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 15, 2018
BruncleZuma:

WTFF, bros your eye glass don loss again?

[img]https://i./3NpsC.gif[/img]

Don't deny it. Mr grin grin grin
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by BruncleZuma: 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

Don't deny it. Mr grin grin grin

I have only one account on NL any other Zuma is a fake ripoff, Sirheny nah correct guy but that doesn't necessarily mean say him be me.
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by mechanics(m): 2:35pm On Dec 15, 2018
Other states received the exact amount, why is Lagos state different?
Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 15, 2018
BruncleZuma:

I have only one account on NL any other Zuma is a fake ripoff, Sirheny nah correct guy but that doesn't necessarily mean say him be me.

You have deleted from Sirhenny007, the same DP used on Brunclezuma. anyway, you are still "following" ur other account. Mr Nwosu na atu aHow your "chairman" son?

Re: Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions by domaintraderng: 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2018
cicc2010:
My area na 5k them receive. I fit provide info

Pls post the proofs publicly here. If proof comes out maybe they will.do something. How can people.get only 5k for God's sake. They will now need to pay 10k or they can't get the bigger loan. It isn't good at all. Please post it and let them investigate Nairaland is very powerful and big men browse this place.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi West PDP Rallies Behind Melaye, Demands His Immediate Release / Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily / Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.