Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,531 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily (12825 Views)

Miyetti Allah To Southern Governors: We Won’t Recognise Your Anti-Grazing Policy / Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt / Senators Order Dan Ali Monsur To Withdraw Statement On Anti-grazing Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by adenigga(m): 5:41am On Apr 12, 2023
The Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom, has suspended the operations of livestock guards and the state para-military agency saddled with the enforcement of the state open grazing for a period of two weeks to allow all herdsmen with livestock in the state to leave.

Ortom disclosed this at the end of the state security council meeting on Tuesday after over 130 persons were gruesomely killed across the state within one week.

He said the suspension was to show a good fate to all those who claimed to have come into the state without knowing there is Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law of 2017 that is solely anti-grazing.

He also said security agencies in the state have confirmed the receipt of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.)’s directive to fish out perpetrators of the mass killings across the state.

He beseeched the security agencies to act fast on the matter in order to bring victims of the attack some form of justice.

Source : https://punchng.com/Benue-govt-suspends-enforcement-of-anti-grazing-law-temporarily

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by Westerhoffe(m): 5:46am On Apr 12, 2023
undecided
Who will arrest them?
Since they have been operating, killing, maiming, looting, and raping, how many of them had been arrested?

Please, let's stop this politics played with human lives. Where the bodies of 130 people are buried will know souls were wasted for nothing.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by Flangelo12: 6:05am On Apr 12, 2023
Ortom is no administrator.

22 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by ChatterHouse: 6:39am On Apr 12, 2023
I know there's a higher life in the universe that see the affairs of men an allow us to make our choices

God of freewill, Personal God

Please Arise and fight for Benue people, this people have truly suffer, from Bad governance to Bad Leadership to Sucker herdsmen to severe illiteracy

Benue has never had It good ever!!!
The opted for a wolve in sheep clothing! A Reverend Father

The voted there oppressor and still could not find respite

I feel extreme compassion for Benue people from Hiv prevalent
Bad governance induce Hunger
Illiteracy
Inequality ( Tiv must rule, other tribe don't have the numbers)
Lack of accountability from leaders ( he's our son )
Lack of Justice

O my people perish for the lack of knowledge = Benue people

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by xevove2061: 7:02am On Apr 12, 2023
Westerhoffe:
undecided
Who will arrest them?
Since they have been operating, killing, maiming, looting, and raping, how many of them had been arrested?

Please, let's stop this politics played with human lives. Where the bodies of 130 people are buried will know souls were wasted for nothing.

Dont worry, keep trying to i validate the nuumbers until your family member will make it 131 bodies. Useless people.

6 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by Westerhoffe(m): 7:10am On Apr 12, 2023
xevove2061:

Dont worry, keep trying to i validate the nuumbers until your family member will make it 131 bodies. Useless people.

Well, I return that to you. Your family will actually make the list if that's what you wish for me; like your shell is not in the country.
How many of them have been arrested? Tell me!?
They operate with audacity and impunity and here you are spilling nonsense.
Don't get me pissed this morning.

14 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by orisa37: 7:26am On Apr 12, 2023
TO ALLOW THE FH TO KILL MORE OF US.

1 Like

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by Guyman01: 7:30am On Apr 12, 2023
Can't he sue FG to Supreme Court for failing in its responsibility to protect live of citizens abi na only Nairalanders redesign policy be their concern?

14 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by Quest7777: 10:09am On Apr 12, 2023
Cow rearing is a private business that should be ranched.
Buhari, Malami & any other persons still supporting open-grazing in this modern 21st century are all evil. cool

14 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by Brendaniel: 10:09am On Apr 12, 2023
Were they really even effective in the first place, maybe they tried their best in their own way, just maybe....

3 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by Fut9ure: 10:09am On Apr 12, 2023
G
Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by meum: 10:10am On Apr 12, 2023
Benue don suffer

3 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by SMARTMOTORS(m): 10:11am On Apr 12, 2023
From Chief Mike Ozekhome CON, SAN:

The gravamen of this discourse, is the mathematical exactitude of the requirement of 25%. The wordings of the Constitution, are quite clear and unambiguous. They demand for not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the elections in each of at least 2/3 of all the States; And the Federal Capital Territory. By a judicial mathematical analysis, 2/3 of 36 States is equal to 24 States, and in addition, the FCT, Abuja. As an example, if I request to see 24 Corpers in my law firm And Okon, it means I want to see 25 persons in all; but Okon must be one of the 25 persons. So, if 25 persons in my law firm show up, without Okon, have I had all the persons I want to see? The answer is No. To satisfy my request, Okon must show up in addition to the 24, thus, making the 25 persons I desire to see.

What the law states is that, the candidate must have 25% of votes in those States, and the FCT, Abuja. The law does not contemplate that, the candidate must win those States. The jurisprudence behind this provision, is to ensure that the President as the Numero Uno citizen of the Nation, enjoys a reasonable range of widespread acceptance by majority of the people he seeks to govern, including those inhabiting the seat of power where he would govern from.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by Creamypie(m): 10:12am On Apr 12, 2023
Ortom dey look for appointment

1 Like

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by Infobase101: 10:12am On Apr 12, 2023
Forward ever, backward never! Why the suspension? When your people are already going down.

1 Like

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by MasterJayJay: 10:14am On Apr 12, 2023
2 weeks quit notice should be the title

1 Like

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by Blue3k(m): 10:14am On Apr 12, 2023

He said the suspension was to show a good fate to all those who claimed to have come into the state without knowing there is Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law of 2017 that is solely anti-grazing.

Lol, they're not aware of a 6 year old law. It's these soft on crime policies that encourage criminality in the country. They should be building prisons and handing out death sentences but they're cowardly.

2 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by chaseblack(m): 10:14am On Apr 12, 2023
He has been blackmailed, think about it, dozens of people were killed by herdsmen then all of a sudden the govt suspended the law that should have prevented herdsmen from roving about. It doesn't take much to figure out

2 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by BobbieZion(m): 10:16am On Apr 12, 2023
Useless Samuel Ortom.

Spinless leader.
Who watched his people been killed by marauders.
The best he could was to complain, then seize their cows, and in turn his people suffered mass murder in retaliation.

The same goes for Simon Lalong.
Thank God they are out and also lost in their bid to return.
They have been retired in politics.

NB: In other West African countries,marauders are shot on site. And cows are never allowed to roam on streets.

2 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by EdiskyHarry: 10:17am On Apr 12, 2023
Westerhoffe:

Well, I return that to you. Your family will actually make the list if that's what you wish for me; like your shell is not in the country.
How many of them have been arrested? Tell me!?
They operate with audacity and impunity and here you are spilling nonsense.
Don't get me pissed this morning.
Don't waste your time replying the idiot

1 Like

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by Opolopoopolonio: 10:18am On Apr 12, 2023
Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by Rahkman: 10:18am On Apr 12, 2023
Make benue ppl just beg fulani people,make dem organise appeasement dinner for fulani and beg for forgiveness ,if there is anything dem don do fulani wey make fulani no gree leave them or even if its to give them a part of benue state for emirate so that they can leave them in peace grin when fulani came for ilorin people they immediately prostrated flat and gave them an Emirate since then I have never heard of fulani attack in ilorin ,all state experiencing attacks should begin to think like ilorin people for peace to reign
Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by mastermaestro(m): 10:18am On Apr 12, 2023
Flangelo12:
Ortom is no administrator.

His greatest legacy is criticizing Buhari. Such a failed leader. Infrastructure, human capital development, security...zero! sad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Govt Suspends Enforcement Of Anti-grazing Law Temporarily by treatise: 10:19am On Apr 12, 2023
Westerhoffe:
undecided
Who will arrest them?

Citizens of the state.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How GEJ Will Win On Saturday Foretold / Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves / Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.