Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

About Volkswagen Touareg(experience Car Users) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / About Volkswagen Touareg(experience Car Users) (2023 Views)

7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like / Clean Volkswagen Touareg Suv SOLD SOLD SOLD / 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Volkswagen Touareg(experience Car Users) by kwaso2: 1:54am On Dec 16, 2018
I seek to buy Volkswagen Touareg2005 model. Pls can someone review the car or share experience about the car. I will appreciate a thorough criticism on the car to help make informed decision
Re: About Volkswagen Touareg(experience Car Users) by nurey(m): 6:58am On Dec 16, 2018
I made a research on this baby once, people who have used it were of the opinion that the diesel engine variant is far better and reliable than the petrol. But no diesel owner were willing to sell, also the diesel cost a fortune to purchase even with huge mileage.
The cons they talked about was it's heavy weight which caused increased tyre scrapping, so expect to change tyres often especially the front.
Electrical sometimes can be cumbersome to fix.
I did advice you stay away from AIR shock except if money isn't an issue. Buy V6 or V8,difference in mpg is negligible.
If you buy a good one, it will last and last, my only issue is I hate Nigerian used VW products 80% of them have been abused and have an hidden fault

Note

The V6 has timing chain issues. Quite prevalent, and unfortunately due to its location (at the rear of the engine) replacement requires the engine and transmission to be removed, and separated, to gain access to the flexiplate, which needs to be remove to acces the crankshaft sprocket.
I would go for the 4,2 V8 up to 2008. It's belt-driven, and replacement is so much easier, and it doesn't suffer from worn guides and tensioners as the 3,2 V6 does. Performance is way better than that of the V6 too.

1 Like

Re: About Volkswagen Touareg(experience Car Users) by CityNGR: 10:39am On Dec 16, 2018
nurey:

I made a research on this baby once, people who have used it were of the opinion that the diesel engine variant is far better and reliable than the petrol. But no diesel owner were willing to sell, also the diesel cost a fortune to purchase even with huge mileage.
The cons they talked about was it's heavy weight which caused increased tyre scrapping, so expect to change tyres often especially the front.
Electrical sometimes can be cumbersome to fix.
I did advice you stay away from AIR shock except if money isn't an issue. Buy V6 or V8,difference in mpg is negligible.
If you buy a good one, it will last and last, my only issue is I hate Nigerian used VW products 80% of them have been abused and have an hidden fault

Note

The V6 has timing chain issues. Quite prevalent, and unfortunately due to its location (at the rear of the engine) replacement requires the engine and transmission to be removed, and separated, to gain access to the flexiplate, which needs to be remove to acces the crankshaft sprocket.
I would go for the 4,2 V8 up to 2008. It's belt-driven, and replacement is so much easier, and it doesn't suffer from worn guides and tensioners as the 3,2 V6 does. Performance is way better than that of the V6 too.
The way vw thinks ehn my Audi A4 you'll have to remove the intake manifold and alternator ....fuel injection rail.. Just to get to the engine coolant thermostat!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Volkswagen Touareg(experience Car Users) by TheSourcerer: 6:54am On Apr 01, 2022
kwaso2:
I seek to buy Volkswagen Touareg2005 model. Pls can someone review the car or share experience about the car. I will appreciate a thorough criticism on the car to help make informed decision
hi hello , I can access my nl mail , here
Darnleypedro22@gmail.con

(1) (Reply)

Is It Safe To Buy Car With Millage Of 270k / Need Advice On Which Golf 3 Engine Spec To Buy / 2007 Camry V6 22 Pin Gear Behaving Very Funny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.