Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness (4236 Views)

Attaining Righteousness In Nature :A Gift From God ,and Not By The Work Of Man / Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church / Revelation About Biafra By Linda Paul Rika(holiness Movement) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by EternalBeing: 7:13am On Dec 16, 2018
The central pursuit of every Christian should be to be holy. Holiness should not just be in words, but a way of life for every Christian. Remember, the biblical Apostles were not known and respected for their words. They are known by their acts, that why we don't have "Words of the Apostles" but "Acts of the Apostles".

Our Christian generation also needs to hand over a worthy account of life well lived in holiness (prerequisite for manifestation of God's power) to the generation coming after us.

To this end, we call on all Christians here that have been able to attain holy living to help other aspiring Christians by telling how they've been able to conquer "the lust of flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life" 1 John 2:16.

Most of us are not fully there yes, but surely and steadily on our way to irreversible holiness. So, let's share experiences, let others know everything that has helped you to become a holier and better person. "Iron shapeneth iron" Proverbs 27:17. We shall be rapture ready and we shall not miss Heaven in Jesus Name.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by BackToLife: 7:16am On Dec 16, 2018
Great thread! Well, looking back at my life now, I realize that it was when I endlessly started listening to worship songs (Don Moen, Ron Kenolly, Micheal Smith, Nathaniel Bassey, etc.) that I started finding it hard to go back to sin. I think listening to worldly music subconsciously activate a urge for lust. So, I'll advise that all intending serious Christians should sacrifice the pleasure that these worldly music gives and replace it by in-filling and presence of Holy Spirit that comes with consistently being in His presence through worship. We that worship Him, worship in truth and in spirit. Read all the Chapters of the Book of John. Read books like As a Man Thinketh by James Allen or get the audios of such mind renewing messages, Roman 12:2, every true Christian must relentlessly and tirelessly work on renewing his/her mind. Faith cometh by hearing the Word of GOD. Like I also did, fill your phones with and endlessly listen to preachings form Kenneth Hagin, MFM Pastor D.K. Olukoya, Pastor Kumuyi, etc... My 1cent.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Blakjewelry(m): 7:28am On Dec 16, 2018
I don't try to be holy, I only strive to make the world a better place for all in every little way I can

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by EternalBeing: 7:57am On Dec 16, 2018
Personally, I've always coveted holiness. It's not about your ability or current state but it's all about the sincerity of our hearts. Despite all wrongs he did, GOD still called David a man after His heart because he never gave up on his striving for Holiness. Giving up to flesh, sin and/or satan is the greatest mistake that any human can make. Victory in JESUS Christ is guaranteed if you are determined never to give up. "Show me your friend and I'll tell.." Those days, my best friend infected me with insatiable lust for big yanshes. In fact, those days whenever I see big backside, I automatically ran towards it as if it has a magnetic force, it's a reflex action. Someone shocked by my uncurtailed lust said "I swear, na yash go kill you!" I thank GOD it din't come to pass before I got sense. I ran away from that my yansh-addicted friend. So, determined to change for good when I was in the world then, I started out by locating and identifying holy people I can find in my school, Church, etc and making friends with them, going to Church programs with them, etc... I got disappointed with one of them when I discovered he was only a pretender but that didn't stop me from thirsting for holiness and passionately praying and crying to GOD every night, that HE should help me. I remember, I said "JESUS, why would you ask me to be holy if you know it's impossible" HE gave me the enablement. Just after then, I started seeing clear visions that I tell those concerned. There was an uncle GOD told me to warn not to go out on a particular day, he did and was arrested and locked up for days. My people holiness is truly sweet, it makes you the "Apple of GOD's Eye" and grant you access to privileged information/secrets/knowledge.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by helinues: 8:41am On Dec 16, 2018
Must one be religious before been referred as holy? Or is it really possible for someone to be holy?

I created my own universe in my mind. I live my life by own rules. People who sees me from far see me differently( gentle, holy, decent and responsible).

But am I holy?

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Olodo24: 8:43am On Dec 16, 2018
helinues:
Must one be religious before been referred as holy?
I wonder o
Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Hakeem12(m): 8:45am On Dec 16, 2018
K
Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by ObongawanAKS(f): 8:50am On Dec 16, 2018
helinues:
Must one be religious before been referred as holy? Or is it really possible for someone to be holy?

I created my own universe in my mind. I live my life by own rules. People who sees me from far see me differently( gentle, holy, decent and responsible).

But am I holy?
Religion has deprived most of us of divine abundance, hence we keep wallowing in ignorance. Holiness is living like God, doing what His Word say do, not what we think is right.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by meeky007(m): 8:50am On Dec 16, 2018
I always find peace listening to hip hop music. but guess what I m still a virgin at 25
A male for dat matter
so live ur life to inspire others let dem see d holiness in u not by acting as if u are

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 16, 2018
GUIDING ONES HEART WITH ALL DELIGENCE IS THE MAIN THING REQUIRED FOR US TO BE HOLY. COS OUT OF THE HEART COMES THE ISSUES OF LIFE.

SECONDLY, BEING CONSCIOUS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

DUE TO UNCONSCIOUSNESS MANY WOULD HAVE TOLD 1,000,000 BEFORE REALISING ITS A SIN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Yoshy: 8:53am On Dec 16, 2018
Here is a simple non-complex method.

Identify one sin, repent of it, naturally the temptation to repeat it will come, overcome it. Congratulations!! You have become a step more holier.

Example: the sin is illicit sexual relations, you know you're truly repented when you find yourself in a secluded environment with her and still say no.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by helinues: 8:54am On Dec 16, 2018
ObongawanAKS:

Religion has deprived most of us of divine abundance, hence we keep wallowing in ignorance. Holiness is living like God, doing what His Word say do, not what we think is right.

Living like God or do exact his words is not possible in Nigeria.
Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by benodic: 9:01am On Dec 16, 2018
Holiness is not the preserve of any religion. It is about the personal relationship between soul and God and shows how much love Soul has for God which automatically flows to other souls. Religions give out tools and ways to achieve this exalted state.
Achieving Holiness is one thing but remaining always In this state is another ball game altogether.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 16, 2018
You guys should share your stories and stop contradicting the OP pls

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Dwizeone: 9:21am On Dec 16, 2018
GeeStaff:

Op, holiness is attained by relying on the finished work of Christ. If holiness could be accomplished through self performance, there would be no need for Christ to have died.

Observe the verb "made" (past tense), and how the emphasis is placed on Jesus and his sacrifice.
BELIEVING that Christ has already made you holy is the surest way to LIVE right.
Shalom.

Not by works, yes but very essential, one must abstain from anything that will induce sin, consciously or unconsciously.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Dwizeone: 9:27am On Dec 16, 2018
BackToLife:
Great thread! Well, looking back at my life now, I realize that it was when I endlessly started listening to worship songs (Don Moen, Ron Kenolly, Micheal Smith, Nathaniel Bassey, etc.) that I started finding it hard to go back to sin. I think listening to worldly music subconsciously activate a urge for lust. So, I'll advise that all intending serious Christians should sacrifice the pleasure that these worldly music gives and replace it by in-filling and presence of Holy Spirit that comes with consistently being in His presence through worship. We that worship Him, worship in truth and in spirit. My 1cent.

Awesome, also give time to daily reading and meditating on the word of God, that’s where we draw strength. Listening to gospel music, listening to messages and reading the Bible feed your spirit, this inturn will control your soul (emotions, choices and mind) and then ultimately control your body. So living inside out will help a Christian maintain a constant relationship with God.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by femi4: 9:27am On Dec 16, 2018
GeeStaff:

Op, holiness is attained by relying on the finished work of Christ. If holiness could be accomplished through self performance, there would be no need for Christ to have died.

Observe the verb "made" (past tense), and how the emphasis is placed on Jesus and his sacrifice.
BELIEVING that Christ has already made you holy is the surest way to LIVE right.
Shalom.
And you think its easy to rely on this finished work.

One said up there that he created his own rules and universe when the master has already finished the work on how we should live

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by SoNature(m): 9:31am On Dec 16, 2018
helinues:

But am I holy?

I think u are a puritan
However, the Bible made it abundantly clear that we must be PERFECT and HOLLY like God.
So, u don't define your rules
Let the Word of God guide you
He established this world, so every other law of the world, including the ones we make ourselves, is under His.
To be fair, you are already on the verge of holiness..just fortify your present lifestyle with the Word of God

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by bullabong(m): 9:32am On Dec 16, 2018
EternalBeing:
The central pursuit of every Christian should be to be holy. Holiness should not just be in words, but a way of life for every Christian. Remember, the biblical Apostles were not known and respected for their words. They are known by their acts, that why we don't have "Words of the Apostles" but "Acts of the Apostles".

Our Christian generation also needs to hand over a worthy account of life well lived in holiness (prerequisite for manifestation of God's power) to the generation coming after us.

To this end, we call on all Christians here that have been able to attain holy living to help other aspiring Christians by telling how they've been able to conquer "the lust of flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life" 1 John 2:16.

Most of us are not fully there yes, but surely and steadily on our way to irreversible holiness. So, let's share experiences, let others know everything that has helped you to become a holier and better person. "Iron shapeneth iron" Proverbs 27:17. We shall be rapture ready and we shall not miss Heaven in Jesus Name.
Hypocritical assertion!! Christian hypos i hail o!
Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by springtech(m): 9:34am On Dec 16, 2018
God's desire for his children is that we live holy.
Matthew 5:48 : Be perfect (holy), even as your heavenly father is perfect (holy)
Heb 12:14 Pursue peace with all men and holiness Without which, no one shall see the Lord

On the other hand the devil wants us to sim and keep sinning but bringing us into an atmosphere of sin and environments conducive for sin.

No wonder, the scriptures admonishes us to :
Flee every appearances of evil. 1 Cor 5:22

And to
Resist the devil and he shall flee away from thee. James 4:7

In my Christian walk, as I rely on the help of the Holy Spirit and the finished work of Christ on the cross, I ensure the following are in place:
1. Discipline
2. Determination
3. Surrounding my self with heaven conscious friends
4. Starve myself of agents of sin.

May God help us as we continue to thirst for holiness.

Happy Sunday.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by bullabong(m): 9:35am On Dec 16, 2018
There's no heaven and hell! Live your life,the day life goes all ends well. Yeah you heard me....just like Bingo you're gone!
Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Imperare(f): 9:44am On Dec 16, 2018
they are no steps/ tools to holiness. just one: be Born again.
that's salvation/new birth.
a man is a spirit that has a soul/mind and lives in a body. holiness is a spirit thing because born again is a spirit thing. nobody grows above bad thoughts, or grows above carnality. but our spirit man is hid in Christ above principalities and power. a Christian or believer's body and mind/heart/soul can be taken over by the enemy if the person allows him but not the spirit cause that Christian/believer is not even in possession of his spirit

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Phosphorus666(m): 9:47am On Dec 16, 2018
Well, I cannot absolutely say that I have conquered it all, but I can assure you that I've, at least, gained victory in certain insurmountable quarters of worldly desires and I thank Jesus Christ who has constantly enabled me with his grace. However, I've learnt a lesson along the way in my pursuit of God's righteousness and holiness: unless your desire for holiness is as strong as a burning coal, you cannot achieve righteousness. I can remember how strong I yearned to be pure like Jesus, not just because I'm a Christian, but because I realized that that is the only way I could live a life of absolute quality. It wasn't easy going, and every now and then I prayed to Jesus for grace to help me achieve my desire. I wasn't really into fornication, but my sex urge for alarmingly crazy. I lusted for women in my enclosures, and I could strip any woman naked with my wild imaginations. I believed I wasn't normal. Yes, I believed I was sick and negatively crazy, and I did so many things I detested in secret. I prayed, I failed; I prayed, I failed again, and I asked God why. I cried every time because I couldn't help myself and God's help wasn't coming forth. Sometimes when I failed, I inflicted myself with knife injuries; countless times it was that way. But all I did not realize was that God was knowingly letting me pass through the fire of experience. One time He spoke to me, "The best of men are mould out of faults. So don't stop fighting, I'm watching you." I continued undauntedly. Today, I've overcome the lust of the flesh. Although their are still many grounds to cover for Jesus, I am happy for coming this far through his drops of grace.

More so, I will encourage everyone out there who is going through this challenge to also summon the courage of speaking out. Talk to a trusted friend about what you're going through. Sometimes we can find help in odd places. I began experiencing tremendous spiritual growth when I met my fiancée. Although she was raised in a Christian home, she is not the usual God-oriented stereotype. As modest as she is in the things of God, she will compel you to be the best human possible in character and personality. I had to come open to her and let her know my faults, and gradually I was lifted by her constant counsels. My mom was also there for me and my aunty, Martina. God just used these persons to administer extra dose to my soul.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by pankere(m): 9:51am On Dec 16, 2018
Romans 3:10 there is no one holy like the Lord
1st Samuel 2:2 No one is holy Like the Lord.
Isaiah 64-6 ALL our righteousness is like filthy rags unto the Lord.

The very nature of man is sin. We are born in sin. No step or tools or actions you can take as a human being that will make you attain holiness. That is why Christ was sent and died[/b]

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by helinues: 9:52am On Dec 16, 2018
SoNature:

I think u are a puritan
However, the Bible made it abundantly clear that we must be PERFECT and HOLLY like God.
So, u don't define your rules
Let the Word of God guide you
He established this world, so every other law of the world, including the ones we make ourselves, is under His.
To be fair, you are already on the verge of holiness..just fortify your present lifestyle with the Word of God

Word of God written by God or human being?
Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by brodalokie: 10:03am On Dec 16, 2018
When I was caught up in the enemy's web, a condition that threw me into fasting and prayers and before I knew it I am now seeing the angels of his presence talking to me every day as I walk along the road, they even use people I am very close or familiar with me, while other times speak from the air, an experience that is making me to speak in tongue, making the zeal of his household to consume me. I noticed that each time I see a manifestation of his presence, they are trying to make a deal with me, like prove to me that they have power over the meatsuit but need my permission to kill the meatsuit and reign forever over it.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Glink2018(m): 10:28am On Dec 16, 2018
Holiness comes from within...
You can't throw away the towel and say nobody is holy... it's a lie...
Without holiness no man shall see God but consider the following character in the Bible;
Enoch walk with God. Gen 5:24
The Lord spoke with Moses face2face as man speak to his friend..Exo 33:11
Isaiah saw the Lord Ish 6:1-8
And so on...

So, godliness (holiness) with contentment is a great gain..1 Timo 6:6

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Radiant1020(f): 10:30am On Dec 16, 2018
EternalBeing:
Personally, I've always coveted holiness. "Show me your friend and I'll tell.." Those days, my best friend infected me with insatiable lust for big yanshes. In fact, those days whenever I see big backside, I automatically ran towards it as if it has a magnetic force, it's a reflex action. Someone shocked by my uncurtailed lust said "I swear, na yash go kill you!" I thank GOD it din't come to pass before I got sense. I ran away from that my yansh-addicted friend. So, determined to change for good when I was in the world then, I started out by locating and identifying holy people I can find in my school, Church, etc and making friends with them, going to Church programs with them, etc... I got disappointed with one of them when I discovered he was only a pretender but that didn't stop me from thirsting for holiness and passionately praying and crying to GOD every night, that HE should help me. I remember, I said "JESUS, why would you ask me to be holy if you know it's impossible" HE gave me the enablement. Just after then, I started seeing clear visions that I tell those concerned. There was an uncle GOD told me to warned not to go out on a particular day, he did and was arrested and locked up for days. My people holiness is truly sweet, it makes you the "Apple of GOD's Eye" and grant you access to privileged information/secrets/knowledges.

Wow! God is indeed great

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Remix10(m): 11:45am On Dec 16, 2018
meeky007:
I always find peace listening to hip hop music. but guess what I m still a virgin at 25
A male for dat matter
so live ur life to inspire others let dem see d holiness in u not by acting as if u are

Thank your God You haven't been served free kpekus on a platter, you go jump on am like fried dodo, dodo niyen
Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by jaxxy(m): 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2018
Glink2018:
Holiness comes from within...
You can't throw away the towel and say nobody is holy... it's a lie...
Without holiness no man shall see God but consider the following character in the Bible;
Enoch walk with God. Gen 5:24
The Lord spoke with Moses face2face as man speak to his friend..Exo 33:11
Isaiah saw the Lord Ish 6:1-8
And so on...

So, godliness (holiness) with contentment is a great gain..1 Timo 6:6

Nobody, no human is holy if U are judged by the law. Ur righteousness is like filthy rags before him. Ur only holiness is in Christ.

Bt that doesn’t mean u shudnt work at doing what’s right either bt u can’t fulfill it perfectly by urself as as a human.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Were Ruth And Naomi Lesbians? / Supernatural Experience: My Visit To Heaven And Hell (wednesday, April 01, 2015) / If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.