Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness (4238 Views)

Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church / Prophet Odumeje (the Lion Himself) Showing His Dancing Steps And Skills / Revelation About Biafra By Linda Paul Rika(holiness Movement) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by SoNature(m): 12:15pm On Dec 16, 2018
helinues:

Word of God written by God or human being?

I'm not ready for that argument
U asked a question, and I am trying to offer a submission
Being a Christian isn't by force

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2018
When I immersed myself in daily worship. I've been negligent these days with it, but I'mma get back on track.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by xtivin2: 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2018
Truth be told, we can't attain perfection with this mortal body, however only the Holy spirit can help us strive to perfection. We can also by our deeds mortify our body by ruling our spirits. Personally what I do before anything is to ask my members (body) if what am about to do or say will please God or I also see God as a being by my side always.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Cherez: 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2018
Phosphorus666:
Well, I cannot absolutely say that I have conquered it all, but I can assure you that I've, at least, gained victory in certain insurmountable quarters of worldly desires and I thank Jesus Christ who has constantly enabled me with his grace. However, I've learnt a lesson along the way in my pursuit of God's righteousness and holiness: unless your desire for holiness is as strong as a burning coal, you cannot achieve righteousness. I can remember how strong I yearned to be pure like Jesus, not just because I'm a Christian, but because I realized that that is the only way I could live a life of absolute quality. It wasn't easy going, and every now and then I prayed to Jesus for grace to help me achieve my desire. I wasn't really into fornication, but my sex urge for alarmingly crazy. I lusted for women in my enclosures, and I could strip any woman naked with my wild imaginations. I believed I wasn't normal. Yes, I believed I was sick and negatively crazy, and I did so many things I detested in secret. I prayed, I failed; I prayed, I failed again, and I asked God why. I cried every time because I couldn't help myself and God's help wasn't coming forth. Sometimes when I failed, I inflicted myself with knife injuries; countless times it was that way. But all I did not realize was that God was knowingly letting me pass through the fire of experience. One time He spoke to me, "The best of men are mould out of faults. So don't stop fighting, I'm watching you." I continued undauntedly. Today, I've overcome the lust of the flesh. Although their are still many grounds to cover for Jesus, I am happy for coming this far through his drops of grace.

More so, I will encourage everyone out there who is going through this challenge to also summon the courage of speaking out. Talk to a trusted friend about what you're going through. Sometimes we can find help in odd places. I began experiencing tremendous spiritual growth when I met my fiancée. Although she was raised in a Christian home, she is not the usual God-oriented stereotype. As modest as she is in the things of God, she will compel you to be the best human possible in character and personality. I had to come open to her and let her know my faults, and gradually I was lifted by her constant counsels. My mom was also there for me and my aunty, Martina. God just used these persons to administer extra dose to my soul.
Thanks so much bro, you just inspired someone.
May your testimony keep growing stronger with blazing fire. I tap into it and more Sir

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Getsaved(m): 1:54pm On Dec 16, 2018
Phosphorus666:
Well, I cannot absolutely say that I have conquered it all, but I can assure you that I've, at least, gained victory in certain insurmountable quarters of worldly desires and I thank Jesus Christ who has constantly enabled me with his grace. However, I've learnt a lesson along the way in my pursuit of God's righteousness and holiness: unless your desire for holiness is as strong as a burning coal, you cannot achieve righteousness. I can remember how strong I yearned to be pure like Jesus, not just because I'm a Christian, but because I realized that that is the only way I could live a life of absolute quality. It wasn't easy going, and every now and then I prayed to Jesus for grace to help me achieve my desire. I wasn't really into fornication, but my sex urge for alarmingly crazy. I lusted for women in my enclosures, and I could strip any woman naked with my wild imaginations. I believed I wasn't normal. Yes, I believed I was sick and negatively crazy, and I did so many things I detested in secret. I prayed, I failed; I prayed, I failed again, and I asked God why. I cried every time because I couldn't help myself and God's help wasn't coming forth. Sometimes when I failed, I inflicted myself with knife injuries; countless times it was that way. But all I did not realize was that God was knowingly letting me pass through the fire of experience. One time He spoke to me, "The best of men are mould out of faults. So don't stop fighting, I'm watching you." I continued undauntedly. Today, I've overcome the lust of the flesh. Although their are still many grounds to cover for Jesus, I am happy for coming this far through his drops of grace.

More so, I will encourage everyone out there who is going through this challenge to also summon the courage of speaking out. Talk to a trusted friend about what you're going through. Sometimes we can find help in odd places. I began experiencing tremendous spiritual growth when I met my fiancée. Although she was raised in a Christian home, she is not the usual God-oriented stereotype. As modest as she is in the things of God, she will compel you to be the best human possible in character and personality. I had to come open to her and let her know my faults, and gradually I was lifted by her constant counsels. My mom was also there for me and my aunty, Martina. God just used these persons to administer extra dose to my soul.

For me, this is the best post I have read on NL especially your comment phosphorous. May God grant as many that desire to be holy and pure like our LORD Jesus the grace in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by EternalBeing: 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2018
Getsaved:

For me, this is the best post I have read on NL especially your comment phosphorous. May God grant as many that desire to be holy and pure like our LORD Jesus the grace in Jesus name.
Amen!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Achorise: 2:46pm On Dec 16, 2018
No one can make himself holy.
Only Jesus can make you Holy.
Heb 2:11 said both him that is made holy and he. that makes men Holy,God is not ashamed to call them brethren.
Jesus is our holiness.
The Bible said you are holy,not based on performance but by the spirit of Christ first.
Being morally clean doesn’t make you Holy,you can even be morally clean and yet lack the spirit God.
But anyone or anything that carries Gods presence is automatically holy.
A house can be holy
An alter is referred as a holy place,because it’s carrying the presence of God.
For we Christians,anyone that is morally clean,disciplined and highly principled is not holy but morally clean.
Many people who practice other religious bidding that is not Christ centered,no matter how good and nice they are,aren’t holy.
Holiness means separation unto God,or been set aside for God.
You can be holy in your mother’s womb,because you are a carrier of Gods presence.
Isreal is a holy nation ,why?is everyone in Isrel doing it right?no!!they have been set aside.
That you fell into sin today does not mean you are no longer holy.
But living in sin means you don’t know who you are.
You don’t fornicate to be holy.nooooo!!
Rather,because you are holy you don’t fornicate.
I don’t sin because I have been separated to God.
Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by brightnonso: 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2018
Prayer and holiness are synonymous
Jesus said :"pray lest ye fall into temptation. So as a child of God (born again) you must make prayer(fellowship) a habit because consistency in prayer draws you closer to God and sin dies gradually. Fellowship brings you closer to God and God whose Presence is Holiness will definitely rub off on you.

Hope this makes sense �

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by ObongawanAKS(f): 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2018
helinues:

Living like God or do exact his words is not possible in Nigeria.
Nigeria or no Nigeria, ''the Word of God stands sure,... let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity''. 2 Timothy 2:19.
God is less concerned in what others do wrong, but more concerned in what you do right; be the change you want to see.
SALVATION IS PERSONAL, ALL MAN FOR HIMSELF.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Cherez: 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2018
meeky007:
I always find peace listening to hip hop music. but guess what I m still a virgin at 25
A male for dat matter
so live ur life to inspire others let dem see d holiness in u not by acting as if u are
I don't consider any under 3yrs a proven virgin though you're trying and huge applause for you for the decision you made.
But bro, what you feed your mind with matters a lot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2018
There is no tool for holiness. Christ himself is our holiness.
Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by internetpo(m): 6:31pm On Dec 16, 2018
Great topic.

My steps
1. Attend holy mass as daily as possible to listen to the word of God & share in the life of Christ through Holy Communion (I am.a Catholic)
2. Join a society and get busy working for God, using your talent, time and treasure. We hold society meetings almost on a daily 1 - 2hrs in the evening after work. So adequate time is spent with God.
3. Join the dedicated special hours of prayer daily. Eg 9am, 12noon, 6pm. Imagine being joined together spiritually in a chain of prayer at those hours with other Christians all over the world. (A prayerless Christian is a powerless Christian)
4. Filling my mind with great positive uplifting gospel songs (at home, on my laptop, phone , etc) & trying as much as possible not to listen to too much or vulgar secular songs or videos on YouTube
5. Keeping great friends. (Courtesy of 2 above, its easy)
6. Read the Bible, and at least one religious book every quarter. I am a voracious reader by d way.

These have helped me, I have emphathy for the poor, I hardly curse, I don't get angry unnecessary, don't cheat or lust and my soul.is at peace with God. I am not yet holy - still.a sinner b4 d lord, cause I fail sometimes - but these steps have helped and I beive I will.reach saintly perfection someday.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Mryacks: 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
EternalBeing:
The central pursuit of every Christian should be to be holy. Holiness should not just be in words, but a way of life for every Christian. Remember, the biblical Apostles were not known and respected for their words. They are known by their acts, that why we don't have "Words of the Apostles" but "Acts of the Apostles".

Our Christian generation also needs to hand over a worthy account of life well lived in holiness (prerequisite for manifestation of God's power) to the generation coming after us.

To this end, we call on all Christians here that have been able to attain holy living to help other aspiring Christians by telling how they've been able to conquer "the lust of flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life" 1 John 2:16.

Most of us are not fully there yes, but surely and steadily on our way to irreversible holiness. So, let's share experiences, let others know everything that has helped you to become a holier and better person. "Iron shapeneth iron" Proverbs 27:17. We shall be rapture ready and we shall not miss Heaven in Jesus Name.

"Holiness should be a way of life".....I like this.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Abcruz(m): 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2018
helinues:

Living like God or do exact his words is not possible in Nigeria.

Hear the word of the Sovereign LORD O simple one:

Be therefore perfect, just as your Father who is in Heaven is perfect.” --Mathew 5:48

Do you make the rules, or does God? You have to decide--I can't do it for you; now make up your mind. --job 34:33

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Aceed: 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2018
internetpo:
Great topic.

My steps
1. Attend holy mass as daily as possible to listen to the word of God & share in the life of Christ through Holy Communion (I am.a Catholic)
2. Join a society and get busy working for God, using your talent, time and treasure. We hold society meetings almost on a daily 1 - 2hrs in the evening after work. So adequate time is spent with God.
3. Join the dedicated special hours of prayer daily. Eg 9am, 12noon, 6pm. Imagine being joined together spiritually in a chain of prayer at those hours with other Christians all over the world. (A prayerless Christian is a powerless Christian)

4. Filling my mind with great positive uplifting gospel songs (at home, on my laptop, phone , etc) & trying as much as possible not to listen to too much or vulgar secular songs or videos on YouTube
5. Keeping great friends. (Courtesy of 2 above, its easy)
6. Read the Bible, and at least one religious book every quarter. I am a voracious reader by d way.

how do I join at the bolded
Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by internetpo(m): 11:20pm On Dec 30, 2018
Aceed:

how do I join at the bolded
I can teach you the prayers or send to you.
By d way, what church you attend? Just asking..
Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Aceed: 2:01am On Dec 31, 2018
internetpo:
I can teach you the prayers or send to you. By d way, what church you attend? Just asking..
oya na, send me and teach me
RCCG
Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by OpenYourEyes1: 7:09am On Dec 31, 2018
pankere:
Romans 3:10 there is no one holy like the Lord
1st Samuel 2:2 No one is holy Like the Lord.
Isaiah 64-6 ALL our righteousness is like filthy rags unto the Lord.

The very nature of man is sin. We are born in sin. No step or tools or actions you can take as a human being that will make you attain holiness. That is why Christ was sent and died[/b]

Hope you don't use this as an excuse to indulge in sinful behaviours.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Aceed: 1:49am On Jan 04, 2019
internetpo:
I can teach you the prayers or send to you. By d way, what church you attend? Just asking..
oga...oya na...abeg
Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by internetpo(m): 12:19pm On Jan 04, 2019
Aceed:

oya na, send me and teach me

RCCG
So sorry. Being busy. Send me a PM And will take it from there
Re: Share Your Experiences, Steps And Tools For Attaining Holiness by Doorstop: 7:33pm On Jan 15, 2019
I need praise and worship songs. can anyone help with that?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Were Ruth And Naomi Lesbians? / A Story For Atheists. / God Wants You To Be Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.