Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

The Big Joke In Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Big Joke In Christianity (1480 Views)

One Science That proves that The Noah’s Flood Is A Big Joke. / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? / Daddy Freeze Is A BIG JOKE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 8:05am On Dec 16, 2018
Christians are the most confused religious set I've seen. Yet they claim to be the best. Christianity is divided, in Nigeria alone we have;

Catholic
Anglican
Methodist
Salvation Ministries
Omega Power Ministries
Winners Chapel
Jehovah Witness
Christ Embassy
Redeemed Christian Church of God
Deeper Life Bible Church
and lots, lots of others.

All using one book (The Bible), following one Jesus Christ yet believing differently.

Some say There is Heaven and Hell, others say there is not. Some say Jesus and God are one, others say Jesus is under God (His Son). Some say Jesus was born in December, others say Jesus was born in October. Some say Mary was a Virgin till death, others say she wasn't. Some say Mary is special, Some say she's not. Some say Sabbath is Sunday, others say it's Saturday.

Is that not a huge joke? You tell me?

CC: vibrantatheist.com

1 Like

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by sukerefakere(m): 8:06am On Dec 16, 2018
Not big joke, but sponsored Comedy
Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 8:21am On Dec 16, 2018
sukerefakere:
Not big joke, but sponsored Comedy

Lol. You are dead funny. sponsored comedy

1 Like

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by Kdon2: 8:27am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:
Christians are the most confused religious set I've seen. Yet they claim to be the best. Christianity is divided, in Nigeria alone we have;

All using one book (The Bible), following one Jesus Christ yet believing differently.

Some say There is Heaven and Hell, others say there is not. Some say Jesus and God are one, others say Jesus is under God (His Son). Some say Jesus was born in December, others say Jesus was born in October. Some say Mary was a Virgin till death, others say she wasn't. Some say Mary is special, Some say she's not. Some say Sabbath is Sunday, others say it's Saturday.

Now that you have said this,I hope you feel relieved now?

1 Like

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 8:30am On Dec 16, 2018
Kdon2:

Now that you have said this,I hope you feel relieved now?

Do you feel like crying? You see and know the truth but you are pained when it is revealed. Why?

3 Likes

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by Kdon2: 8:32am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

Do you feel like crying? You see and know the truth but you are pained when it is revealed. Why?

Congratulations! You have won a new medal!
Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 8:35am On Dec 16, 2018
Kdon2:

Congratulations! You have won a new medal!

Lol. See them Christians, always tryna dodge the truth.

3 Likes

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by SEGLIZ: 8:44am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

how much do you know about Christianity?
Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 9:07am On Dec 16, 2018
SEGLIZ:

how much do you know about Christianity?

We are not competing knowledge about Christianity. I am clearing stating how distinct Christians and there various dominations are. If you feel anything I stated is a lie, do well to address it.

2 Likes

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 16, 2018
You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free! John 8: 32
Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by Kdon2: 9:29am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

Lol. See them Christians, always tryna dodge the truth.

Jesus loves you
Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by Leonyluiz(m): 9:33am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

you are very right. but are you a muslim?
Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by SEGLIZ: 9:40am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

We are not competing knowledge about Christianity. I am clearing stating how distinct Christians and there various dominations are. If you feel anything I stated is a lie, do well to address it.

they are inseparable. actual and basic knowledge about a certain concept make us scrutinize it better.
you are talking dinominationalism in Christianity which I won't want to argue about. a good number on nairaland don't want you come close to their post or comments particularly when you have a contrary view or opinion (they end up attacking you as such I try to avoid people cursing me for no reason but trying to exchange ideas and enlightening each other).
the truth is every religion has denominations. if we are to look at the issue of the church that forms the body of Christ then a lot could be said.
Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by Malocity(m): 9:47am On Dec 16, 2018
I don't have problem with denominations but what surprises me is that if we all serve one God:

why is there variance in our services?

Why is there variance in what we believe is right before God? (Female should cover hair, while in the other female does not cover their hair, etc) same Bible!

It's so unfortunate to most of these recent pastors who claim to be called even when God did not give them any mandate, hence preaching the Bible with A Dictionary meaning by the side. It hurt my faith alot most especially when I happen to find myself in such congregation.

Preaching from the Bible is way beyond looking for dictionary meaning of words, the Bible was not written in English it was translated from Hebrew and Greek; even so there are still some translations in KJV that are misinterpreted.

Let me stop here. Not until we understand that God never, I repeat; never created this Region called Christianity, we will not stop seeing what we see today.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 10:01am On Dec 16, 2018
SEGLIZ:

they are inseparable. actual and basic knowledge about a certain concept make us scrutinize it better.
you are talking dinominationalism in Christianity which I won't want to argue about. a good number on nairaland don't want you come close to their post or comments particularly when you have a contrary view or opinion (they end up attacking you as such I try to avoid people cursing me for no reason but trying to exchange ideas and enlightening each other).
the truth is every religion has denominations. if we are to look at the issue of the church that forms the body of Christ then a lot could be said.

So what is your point? Do you agree with me that Christianity is divided or not?

1 Like

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 10:01am On Dec 16, 2018
Leonyluiz:

you are very right. but are you a muslim?

Lol. No. I'm Agnostic
Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 10:02am On Dec 16, 2018
Rotentina:
You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free! John 8: 32

Did I lie?
Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2018
Malocity:
I don't have problem with denominations but what surprises me is that if we all serve one God:

why is there variance in our services?

Why is there variance in what we believe is right before God? (Female should cover hair, while in the other female does not cover their hair, etc) same Bible!

It's so unfortunate to most of these recent pastors who claim to be called even when God did not give them any mandate, hence preaching the Bible with A Dictionary meaning by the side. It hurt my faith alot most especially when I happen to find myself in such congregation.

Preaching from the Bible is way beyond looking for dictionary meaning of words, the Bible was not written in English it was translated from Hebrew and Greek; even so there are still some translations in KJV that are misinterpreted.

Let me stop here. Not until we understand that God never, I repeat; never created this Region called Christianity, we will not stop seeing what we see today.

Thank you.

I like your perception. But what do you mean that God never created Christianity? And which God are you talking about?

Please elaborate

1 Like

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2018
%90 of pastors/churches in Nigeria are Scam .

1 Like

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 10:06am On Dec 16, 2018
easyconnect:
%90 of pastors/churches in Nigeria are Scam .

Lol. For real. They are business men selling invisible products that the consumers can only consume when they die. The availability of the product after their death is also a scam.

1 Like

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

Did I lie?

When you know the truth, live by the truth.
Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by SEGLIZ: 10:28am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

So what is your point? Do you agree with me that Christianity is divided or not?

No Christianity is not divided. those division you are claiming is meant to be denominations. dinominationalism is about ideal and values. their is a rallying point for Christianity and that is Christ the author and finisher of mankind's faith.
Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 10:54am On Dec 16, 2018
Rotentina:

When you know the truth, live by the truth.

Can you please tell me this truth.
Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 10:57am On Dec 16, 2018
SEGLIZ:

No Christianity is not divided. those division you are claiming is meant to be denominations. dinominationalism is about ideal and values. their is a rallying point for Christianity and that is Christ the author and finisher of mankind's faith.

Saying Christianity is not divided but they have different denominations that oppose each other is an apparent irony.

Jehovah Witnesses VS Catholics is a stronger fight than the Boko Haram and the Nigerian Army.

3 Likes

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

Can you please tell me this truth.

John 14: 6
Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by Malocity(m): 11:25am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

I like your perception. But what do you mean that God never created Christianity? And which God are you talking about?

Please elaborate

Thank you very much for your quick understanding.

Check from the Beginning of our Bible Scriptures to the End (Gen. - Rev.). You will discover God nor Jesus did not call anybody Christian.

If God is the creator of this world (of which we believe is true). He never created any religion. Religion is a product of "The Fall."

Man's quest for a better life, outside God's perspective, gave room for different sects of believes to come into play.

God always use the word "My People" not Christians even when there where others known as Heathen (those who don't believe in God Almighty). Hence Religion was never part of the Creation.

Religion
Religion is the set of beliefs, feelings, dogmas and practices that define the relations between human being and sacred or divinity. (http://atheisme.free.fr/Religion/What-is-religion-1.htm)

This is correct when it come to classifying Christianity. It become a religion but it has never being God's plan it is all man's idea.

Christian(s)
The word Christians was translated from a Greek word Christianous or Christianos which means "Followers of Christ."

And it was used by the people in Antioch to call the disciples. Acts 11: 26 and the word occurred only 3 times in the Bible. (Acts 11:26, 26:28, 1Peter 4:16).

Of what benefit is a religion when we have One God and Creator? But because some don't want to believe in HIM they called themselves names, Buddha, Islam etc and feel comfortable to give another sect who are "Christians" Christianity.

Look at John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

"Sons of God" not even followers of Christ.

Hope it helps?
I just tried to make the explanation short.

But for more discussions and study let's chat via WhatsApp 08035694634

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by SEGLIZ: 11:26am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

Saying Christianity is not divided but they have different denominations that oppose each other is an apparent irony.

Jehovah Witnesses VS Catholics is a stronger fight than the Boko Haram and the Nigerian Army.

yeah I get you there. dinominationalism is not meant to bring division, it was suppose to be and it is meant to be but the truth is the human factors is playing itself out.
look around we have men of God, churches inviting men from other denominations to minister at their program.
yesterday a friend of mine was at mine, we dabbled in this issue of Christian practicing idol worshipping. he wanted to blame it on the idol worshippers truth is I came against his opinion, telling him it is no fault theirs but those that doubted the potency of the one they serve.
individual chose what to. the two you mentioned is not in entirety.
Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by adelee777: 11:28am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

The United States is the most confused nation. There are...
Alabama
Oklahoma
Texas
South Carolina
Tennessee...
and they use the same constitution. And they say they are united.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 11:37am On Dec 16, 2018
adelee777:

The United States is the most confused nation. There are...
Alabama
Oklahoma
Texas
South Carolina
Tennessee...
and they use the same constitution. And they say they are united.

Sorry but you have no point. I don't want to waste my time with you

2 Likes

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 11:39am On Dec 16, 2018
SEGLIZ:

yeah I get you there. dinominationalism is not meant to bring division, it was suppose to be and it is meant to be but the truth is the human factors is playing itself out.
look around we have men of God, churches inviting men from other denominations to minister at their program.
yesterday a friend of mine was at mine, we dabbled in this issue of Christian practicing idol worshipping. he wanted to blame it on the idol worshippers truth is I came against his opinion, telling him it is no fault theirs but those that doubted the potency of the one they serve.
individual chose what to. the two you mentioned is not in entirety.

I can't clearly understand what you are saying here
Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 11:43am On Dec 16, 2018
Malocity:

Thank you very much for your quick understanding.

Check from the Beginning of our Bible Scriptures to the End (Gen. - Rev.). You will discover God nor Jesus did not call anybody Christian.

If God is the creator of this world (of which we believe is true). He never created any religion. Religion is a product of "The Fall."

Man's quest for a better life, outside God's perspective, gave room for different sects of believes to come into play.

God always use the word "My People" not Christians even when there where others known as Heathen (those who don't believe in God Almighty). Hence Religion was never part of the Creation.

Religion
Religion is the set of beliefs, feelings, dogmas and practices that define the relations between human being and sacred or divinity. (http://atheisme.free.fr/Religion/What-is-religion-1.htm)

This is correct when it come to classifying Christianity. It become a religion but it has never being God's plan it is all man's idea.

Christian(s)
The word Christians was translated from a Greek word Christianous or Christianos which means "Followers of Christ."

And it was used by the people in Antioch to call the disciples. Acts 11: 26 and the word occurred only 3 times in the Bible. (Acts 11:26, 26:28, 1Peter 4:16).

Of what benefit is a religion when we have One God and Creator? But because some don't want to believe in HIM they called themselves names, Buddha, Islam etc and feel comfortable to give another sect who are "Christians" Christianity.

Look at John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

"Sons of God" not even followers of Christ.

Hope it helps?
I just tried to make the explanation short.

But for more discussions and study let's chat via WhatsApp 08035694634

I understand you no need for further discussion. You think that religions - Christianity in particular - shouldn't be the way it is. No wahala

2 Likes

Re: The Big Joke In Christianity by StormInc: 11:45am On Dec 16, 2018
Rotentina:

John 14: 6

Lol. That's the point, All the Christians are following Christ who is the Way, the truth and the life. But they are still holding different beliefs about that same Jesus.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is She the Will of God for Me? What Really Is The Will of God? / December 21 2012 The End Of The World . . . . . . . . . R They God? / The Photo Of A Dog Praying With A Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.