Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Is She the Will of God for Me? What Really Is The Will of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is She the Will of God for Me? What Really Is The Will of God? (1482 Views)

Jesus REALLY Is Coming Soon. BE READY!!! / What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. / What If There Really Is No God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is She the Will of God for Me? What Really Is The Will of God? by Olatunji(m): 10:56am On May 26, 2005
Dear Friends,

It is a common phenomenon on campus even in the society at large for guys and ladies to consult pastors, evangelist or what have to really know the will of God concerning their future partner.

If for example, a lady is in a very deep relationship and everything looks set for the marriage. The whole arrangement could be halted by a single pronouncement from a pastor. grin Please don't laugh!

"Jah ... Jah ... Jehovah ... yes ... yes ... yes ... it is Mr. X ... dump Mr Y ... yes ... yes ... shocked"

So, what really is the will of God? Are we suppose to look for a spouse or seek God's intervention?

If the later is the answer, how?
Re: Is She the Will of God for Me? What Really Is The Will of God? by Adetola(m): 12:52pm On May 26, 2005
Well friend, there is a saying that "heaven helps only those who help themselves".
Another one says "Man proposes while God does his own will".
The best thing anybody could do is seek God's guidiance, with which one will not go astray.
So seek guidiance from God, if she/he is not the right person, by their fruits we shall know them.
Good luck in your search if you are looing for one.
Re: Is She the Will of God for Me? What Really Is The Will of God? by Namio1(f): 1:10pm On May 26, 2005
You must seek for a spouse but you must also seek God's intervention to be sure. I don't mean from all "those" pastors. You can seek for God's intervention by yourself! Come to think of it, are you a Moslem or Christian?
Re: Is She the Will of God for Me? What Really Is The Will of God? by dablessed(f): 12:34am On May 27, 2005
You certainly do not need a still small voice neither do you need to wait until a prophecy comes from a Man of God.

The Bible says: By their fruits we shall know them. What is the fruit of your relationship? Are you happy with her? Are you proud of her? Does she have the fear of God? (And I hope you do yourself)? Are you comfortable with her in public I.e in the midst of friends and family? Have you dealt with the issue of premarital sex and do you share the same opinion?

Then what are you waiting for? But make sure you have the resources to take care of a woman. You dont have to be a millionaire though. All the best.
Re: Is She the Will of God for Me? What Really Is The Will of God? by Allenpowered(m): 10:18am On May 27, 2005
Pray hard, but i don't believe in people telling me what God wants for me...What is best for you is known by u...take your time, be patient and observant.
Re: Is She the Will of God for Me? What Really Is The Will of God? by bootysue(f): 11:50am On Jun 02, 2005
i wouldnt go to a pastor to ask if a man is the will of God for me cos i can always ask, although one really needs to listen to hear.
belive me this really works, ask God fervently and do not be scared to hear a negative reply. its for ur own good at the end of the day.
Re: Is She the Will of God for Me? What Really Is The Will of God? by anonymous: 12:35am On Oct 06, 2005
i hate to say this, bt yr pastor could have been talking in the flesh, he could even be saying all that for his own personal interest.you should be very prayerfull and try not to have a relationship wit Gody proxy,cause these men of God are also human.
Re: Is She the Will of God for Me? What Really Is The Will of God? by Nestle(f): 2:05pm On May 19, 2007
The will of God in marriage is not 4 u 2 hear direct 4rm God or a prophet.

What matters in marriage is do u  LOVE and UNDERSTAND each other . if u do, then u ask 4 God guidiance and direction.  And not 4 u 2 go 4rm one prophet 2 another just in d name of knowing God's will, which can even lead u 2 astray. Pls be careful and be prayerful. smiley smiley smiley   God is with u  cool cool
Re: Is She the Will of God for Me? What Really Is The Will of God? by thesilent1(m): 10:57am On May 20, 2007
the bible says that he that FINDS a good wife, the emphasis is on YOU doing the finding! what does your pastor know about what you like or fancy in the opposite sex?!?!? this is not to say that he might give you advice incase your view might be biased due to being "love struck" but at the end of the day, not even God can stop you from marrying somoene wheather they are bad or good for you.

The bible talks about us having the peace and wisdom of God. well, if thats the case, then trust that and the good ol brians He has given you to help you tell if someone will make a good partner for you or not. you seem to forget that the same annointing on your pastor's life is the very SAME in your life!!!!

stop the faith in pastors more than the faith in God's very prescence in your life. and like any good parent, if he sees you going off, then he will tell you!

if you expect your childrena dn loved ones to trust and believe you when you say something, then learn to trust the one who has never failed!

and he is IN you and not just your pastor so step out in the trust that you are in safe hands!!!

learn to let church, pastors, fellowship and books etc be an overflow to your life and not the controlling force.

Peace!
Re: Is She the Will of God for Me? What Really Is The Will of God? by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 21, 2007
Olatunji:

Dear Friends,

It is a common phenomenon on campus even in the society at large for guys and ladies to consult pastors, evangelist or what have to really know the will of God concerning their future partner.

If for example, a lady is in a very deep relationship and everything looks set for the marriage. The whole arrangement could be halted by a single pronouncement from a pastor. grin Please don't laugh!

"Jah , Jah , Jehovah , yes , yes , yes , it is Mr. X , dump Mr Y , yes , yes , shocked"

So, what really is the will of God? Are we suppose to look for a spouse or seek God's intervention?

If the later is the answer, how?

seems to me you are either in Cele or any of those white garment spiritist places.
Leave immediately before they fill you up with demons.
Re: Is She the Will of God for Me? What Really Is The Will of God? by Pygru: 8:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
babyosisi:

seems to me you are either in Cele or any of those white garment spiritist places.
Leave immediately before they fill you up with demons.
grin grin grin
Re: Is She the Will of God for Me? What Really Is The Will of God? by em19em6: 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2019
Naija

(1) (Reply)

The Christian And His Zodiac Sign / I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days / Why Did God Destroy The Tower Of Babel??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.