Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? (1719 Views)

Why I Cut Off Contacts From My Family After Marrying My Nigerian Man- White Lady / Sales Girl Celebrates After Marrying Her Boss, Says He Is A Virgin / Man Kneels Down To Propose To His Baby Mama. See Their Daughter's Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by 2buffagain(m): 8:10am On Dec 16, 2018
Say you marry a girl from a rich igbo family, and after they have taxed the man accordingly as per brideprice/list/wedding fees, what kind of gifts do they end up giving this new couple?
Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by madridguy(m): 8:11am On Dec 16, 2018
Any gift items you can afford. shocked
Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 16, 2018
It depends on your pocket
Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by goodnessme1(f): 8:25am On Dec 16, 2018
why not marry cheap girls from your tribe.

8 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 16, 2018
undecided
Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by Strangebuttrue(m): 8:31am On Dec 16, 2018
goodnessme1:
you are not wise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by hisgrace090: 8:38am On Dec 16, 2018
androidroot:
It depends on your pocket

He said do rich people give in Igbo land not people managing little cash.

They mostly give cars and houses.
Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by amaniro: 8:43am On Dec 16, 2018
2buffagain:
Say you marry a girl from a rich igbo family, and after they have taxed the man accordingly as per brideprice/list/wedding fees, what kind of gifts do they end up giving this new couple?
The daughter is the gift?!

3 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by 2buffagain(m): 7:42am On Dec 18, 2018
amaniro:
The daughter is the gift?!

I am also a gift so that cancels out.
If they are now asking me to bring money to even further add to my value, surely they must be recompensing something higher than just her in return!
Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by Cladez(m): 8:26am On Dec 18, 2018
2buffagain:
Well it ranges from the family's financial capability.
Gifts can range from houses,cars,lands,gas cooker,washing machine,refrigerator,stove,pots etc.
Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by hammer6F: 11:22am On Dec 18, 2018
2buffagain:

I am also a gift so that cancels out.
If they are now asking me to bring money to even further add to my value, surely they must be recompensing something higher than just her in return!

Go and marry grom your tribe.

Igbo only started this inter tribal stuff recent.

Formerly, u did be begging for them to even allow such marriage. dEY WILL STILL SAY No.
Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by 2buffagain(m): 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2018
hammer6F:

Formerly, u did be begging for them to even allow such marriage. dEY WILL STILL SAY No.

The yoruba will always be better people than them
Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by mhizbel(f): 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2018
goodnessme1:
gringrin
Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by Naija4lifeYank: 7:50pm On May 14, 2019
More bills. Igbo? LOL.
You must be kidding. The tribe with the most money-conscious people and you married their daughter? You better step up to the plate and settle more...

2buffagain:
Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by sleekdre: 7:15am On May 15, 2019
2buffagain:
Bro, you ain't ready for marriage yet!QED
Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by Deepfeel(m): 7:30am On May 15, 2019
goodnessme1:
He never complained about how expensive Igbo girls are did he?
Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by barapistis(m): 9:17am On May 15, 2019
hammer6F:

My uncle Yoruba,

Married his wife in 1979(she is from IMO)

They are still married till date

What do you have to say about that

Mind you,it wasn't one substandard marriage

It was big with all family rights paid for
Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by 2buffagain(m): 3:24am On May 16, 2019
barapistis:

My uncle Yoruba,

Married his wife in 1979(she is from IMO)

They are still married till date

What do you have to say about that

Mind you,it wasn't one substandard marriage

It was big with all family rights paid for

Bruh WTF?

What does this have to do with the big wedding?
Almost all marriages of that era lasted prior to this era of instathotism, divorce celebration parties, and other 21st century allays.

You are running with igbo logic. "Your marriage lasted because you bought your wife with big money".

Today...You can spend all the spend you want to spend. A married thot is still gonna thot.
A good way to know a thot is that they are always trying to get YOU to spend more money than is needed without contributing to matters arising (or matters she instigated). A good woman will know that No be only you waka come the wedding and will make her contributions to achieving her dream....which the wedding usually is.
Re: What Kind Of Gifts Do Rich Igbo People Give You After Marrying Their Daughter? by Badassniggga(m): 5:51am On May 16, 2019
Lol.. You bought your wife with big money got me grin

(1) (Reply)

Don't Know Why I Like It. / I Added A Mutual Friend, Now Their Friendship Has Crashed / False Pregnancy | Can You Trick Your Body To Believe It's Pregnant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.