Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,038 members, 7,956,863 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

Charlyboy Weds Wife In Church After 40 Years - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charlyboy Weds Wife In Church After 40 Years (376 Views)

Hilda Baci Testifies In Church After Breaking The Guinness World Record (Video) / Macaulay Culkin 40th Birthday: Home Alone Star Actor Is Now 40 Years Old! / 'You Blocked me for Months- CharlyBoy Lesbian Daughter Blast him for Supporting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Charlyboy Weds Wife In Church After 40 Years by vegafbs: 11:00am On Dec 16, 2018
https://nextedition.com.ng/2018/12/16/charlyboy-weds-wife-church-40-years/

Nigerian showbiz maestro and rights activist, Charles Oputa, popularly known as Charlyboy, has formally walked his American wife, Diane, down the aisle to sign the dotted line after 40 years of marriage.

Charlyboy and Diane exchanged marriage vows on Saturday evening at the Chapel of Sisters of Jesus the Redeemer Catholic Church in Gwarimpa, Abuja.

The low-keyed wedding was officiated by the outspoken Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Dioceses, Bishop Mathew Kukah, with close friends and relatives in attendance, among them Charlyboy’s aged mother.

The Archbishop of Abuja Catholic Diocese, Cardinal John Onaiyekan, was also in attendance among some other clergymen.

The News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, reports that the couple exchanged the “I do” vows amidst cheers from the congregation.

They thereafter signed the marriage register.

Onaiyekan, in his exhortation, commended the couple for staying together for over four decades but urged them to be committed to their marriage vows by showing mutual love, understanding and respect for each other.

“I specially congratulate Charles and his wife for this Godly decision, and I pray God to keep them together.”

NAN quoted Charlyboy as saying he and his wife decided to wed in church to honour his aged mother who had been ‘pleading that we do the right thing.’

According to him, he got married as a teenager in 1974, and secured divorce after the union produced one child.

He noted that the Catholic Church observed a strict marital doctrine.

Re: Charlyboy Weds Wife In Church After 40 Years by Jayslicky: 11:08am On Dec 16, 2018
Good for them, wishing them a blissful marriage.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yansh Editing Tweets: Singer Yemi Alade Apologises After Tiwa Savage Fires Back / Ifezue Emmanuel Uchenna Celebrate Birthday With Stunning Picture / Woman Shares Emotional Testimony As She Delivers Beautiful Baby Girl After 15yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.