Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Fact: We Should Stop Paying Tithes To Churches: It Is Wrong!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fact: We Should Stop Paying Tithes To Churches: It Is Wrong!!! (259 Views)

Pastor Fatoyinbo: Igbos Find It Difficult Donating Money To Churches / Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact: We Should Stop Paying Tithes To Churches: It Is Wrong!!! by Regiinald: 11:13am On Dec 16, 2018
Right now most of you are going to frown and scoff because so many others have dealt with this issue before presenting their opinions with Bible scriptures and their POV.

But I believe I am about to do something different by telling you what is actually in the Bible, which is a FACT.

Today we pay tithes to the church and our pastors, leaders encourage to pay as it is morally and spiritually right. They cite Malachi 3:9 - 10 as a basis.

You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing me, the whole nation of you. Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.

Now, what facts do I have to prove that Christians should never pay tithes to the Church?

Let's look at Malachi once more... It says "Bring the full tithe into the storehouse"...

In this passage, we are commanded to bring our tithes to the house of worship (church)... But it does not state what we are to do with the tithe or what the tithe really is. Is it one-tenth or more?

We can't guess here or use common sense. We can only use facts from the Bible.

So how much is your tithe worth?

We can find the answer to that in Deuteronomy 14:22-23

Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always

It clearly tells us how much our tithe is worth.

So what do we do with it in the temple?

Look at that passage more clearly.

Verse 23

Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always

It says Eat it...

It never says we Should pay to the Church our tithe... In fact there is no where it is recorded that our tithes belong to the church, but, it belong to us... Read your bible very well

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Fact: We Should Stop Paying Tithes To Churches: It Is Wrong!!! by Regiinald: 11:14am On Dec 16, 2018
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Fact: We Should Stop Paying Tithes To Churches: It Is Wrong!!! by MrPRevailer(m): 11:56am On Dec 16, 2018
So which one are you saying?

Bring it to the house of worship or eat it?
Has your belly become God's storehouse?

1 Like

Re: Fact: We Should Stop Paying Tithes To Churches: It Is Wrong!!! by akeensbussy(m): 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2018
Truly, Religion is a scam

1 Like

Re: Fact: We Should Stop Paying Tithes To Churches: It Is Wrong!!! by Anas09: 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2018
Were you paying Tithe before?

(1) (Reply)

What Does Christmas Means To You / Christmas: Don’t Up, Look Up God Has An Answer For Your Christmas Worry! / The Danger Of Premature Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.