Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy (17396 Views)

Speech Therapy For Infants And Toddlers / How Can I Help My 5 Year-Old Son To Stop Stammering? / Stomach Pains- Causes, Symptoms And Tips To Reduce It!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by Decryptor(m): 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2018
MsGood:

If you're half as successful as this dwarf, you'll be fine.

So success to you means being second fiddle to a political nonentity and shielding the truth plus selling your conscience? Sorry for you!
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by JerryJJZ(m): 2:35pm On Dec 16, 2018
Decryptor:
As far as we don't stammer like this dwarf, we'll be fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r78NoFcTeQI

Honestly, am dissapointed in Nigerians like you. Helping to spread malicious and doctored clips. Hoping to humiliate people for no JUST reason... Its a big shame at your reasoning mentality sir/ma.... Prof Osibanjo is the Vice President of this country, re-contesting or not, you need to and must respect that!
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by maxitwell: 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2018
Thanks for this man.
I also stammer.
I agree its the self confidence issue.
It plays a role.
HenryDion:

I was once a heavy stutterer, like, i use to struggle to spurt out just one word. What helped me was working on my self confidence cause i discovered it is more intense when i want to talk to someone i perceive as superior or better than me. But when i regained confidence, my speech improved.

Another trick that helped me was being relaxed no matter the situation. Sometimes we are in a haste to let the words out. By relaxing and breathing normal, without pressure, you will speak flawlessly.

Another tip is synonyms. There are words which might be hard to let out, instead of embarrassing myself, i go with another word immediately. Trying to demonstrate using your hands works awesomely well too.

Try a lot of things. Have you ever wondered why you don't stammer when talking to yourself? Or singing? Or even talking to a kid? It is more of psychological i think and having known that, you will overcome. Today, you will never know I'm a stammerer. Although i do stammer like once, in every 100th word.

If you need someone to talk to, you can DM.

Peace brother!
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by JerryJJZ(m): 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2018
Decryptor:

So success to you means being second fiddle to a political nonentity and shielding the truth plus selling your conscience? Sorry for you!

Am sorry, but you'd need shed more light on "second fiddle", coz to my understanding, either you are ignorant of obvious fact, or you never watched the VP debate or you only proclaim what you hear others say without doing a clinical thought-through yourself...
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by JerryJJZ(m): 2:43pm On Dec 16, 2018
lilfreezy:
Op this came at the right time. Osibanjo surely needs it grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r78NoFcTeQI

After watching this clip and seeing the way Nigerians are spreading it, I simply give up on this country. That's one of the reason I will not support any youth aspiring for position in this #2019 coz, Nigerian youths are not ready for the mandate yet #Simple
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by chi4ik(m): 2:58pm On Dec 16, 2018
SimplePlan34:
Well this has caused so. Many things in my life especially job interviews, it has damaged me totally. Well I vowed not transfer this disorder. Well it's d rich that can see a speech therapist me and my small salary that will see speech therapist. I doubt u can fi d them in Nigeria well its Mt cross gat to carry it like Dat. What does not kill u, makes u stronger by changing ur views it has certainly changed mine.
I'm a speech therapist working in Abuja. Stuttering can be managed and stopped no matter the degree. Kindly seek for SPEECH THERAPY INTERVENTION. SHALOM
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by MsGood(f): 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2018
Decryptor:

F

Be sorry for yourself for calling someone's father a dwarf. Hater!
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by Embee07: 3:36pm On Dec 16, 2018
HenryDion:

I was once a heavy stutterer, like, i use to struggle to spurt out just one word. What helped me was working on my self confidence cause i discovered it is more intense when i want to talk to someone i perceive as superior or better than me. But when i regained confidence, my speech improved.

Another trick that helped me was being relaxed no matter the situation. Sometimes we are in a haste to let the words out. By relaxing and breathing normal, without pressure, you will speak flawlessly.

Another tip is synonyms. There are words which might be hard to let out, instead of embarrassing myself, i go with another word immediately. Trying to demonstrate using your hands works awesomely well too.

Try a lot of things. Have you ever wondered why you don't stammer when talking to yourself? Or singing? Or even talking to a kid? It is more of psychological i think and having known that, you will overcome. Today, you will never know I'm a stammerer. Although i do stammer like once, in every 100th word.

Peace brother!
your whatsap number plss..or u may pls take mine..07035499624
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by Maozija(m): 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
Tongue twisters as well can turn a stutterer to a fluent speaker.this could sound childish to some people buh it's actually the truth.in fact am indeed a living testimony!
and by the way,somebody should help a brother.hunger isn't gud for body ohh
if u can help,abeg don't hesitate to.
3131892388.first bank
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by Decryptor(m): 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2018
MsGood:

Be sorry for yourself for calling someone's father a dwarf. Hater!

Go get a job and stop mentioning me
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2018
Embee07:
your whatsap number plss..or u may pls take mine..07035499624

Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by bionixs: 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2018
osemoses1234:
Na only slap fit stop am
just learn to say the truth only and it stops
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by pacespot(m): 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2018
Thank you, I will go over it when I have the time. more of this should make the front page.
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by MsGood(f): 5:07pm On Dec 16, 2018
Decryptor:

You think you can use that to shame me? You'll have to try harder! You that you have a job, why are you still dumb?
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by babzo(m): 5:17pm On Dec 16, 2018
I used to stammer bro from when I was a child...very very easy to overcome...
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by Infinixhot2: 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2018
SimplePlan34:
Well this has caused so. Many things in my life especially job interviews, it has damaged me totally. Well I vowed not transfer this disorder. Well it's d rich that can see a speech therapist me and my small salary that will see speech therapist. I doubt u can fi d them in Nigeria well its Mt cross gat to carry it like Dat. What does not kill u, makes u stronger by changing ur views it has certainly changed mine.
Oga there is a solution.... I started my observation and research since last year and I have gotten it...
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by MsGood(f): 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2018
Decryptor:

I'm so sorry for calling you dumb. I don't know you but I'm not am online bully and don't intend to become one. It's not cool to call someone's father a dwarf. That man has done well for himself and it would be a great honor to reach his level of success. So, I wish you a good life.
P.S: I'm a masters student rounding up and searching for job. I'm proud of where I am and hopeful in God for a great future. I can't never be shamed!
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by Decryptor(m): 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2018
undecidedMsGood:

You think you can use that to shame me? You'll have to try harder! You that you have a job, why are you still dumb?

Because I refuse to support your dwarf and his political affiliation makes me dumb? Why are you still looking for a job and shouting all over NL on account of that? Why not ask your stammering dwarf to get you employed? grin grin

You need deliverance. cheesy cheesy
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by MsGood(f): 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2018
Decryptor:

Because I refuse to support your dwarf and his political affiliation makes me dumb? Why are you still looking for a job and shouting all over NL on account of that? Why not ask your stammering dwarf to get you employed? grin grin

You need deliverance. cheesy cheesy
I will share my testimony on nairaland by God's grace.
P.S: I sent my previous message before getting this.
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by Decryptor(m): 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2018
JerryJJZ:

Honestly, am dissapointed in Nigerians like you. Helping to spread malicious and doctored clips. Hoping to humiliate people for no JUST reason... Its a big shame at your reasoning mentality sir/ma.... Prof Osibanjo is the Vice President of this country, re-contesting or not, you need to and must respect that!

He is the Vice President and so what? His abysmal performance in the debates shows how worthless he is. He will be kicked out and Obi will take his place.
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by Decryptor(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2018
MsGood:

I'm so sorry for calling you dumb. I don't know you but I'm not am online bully and don't intend to become one. It's not cool to call someone's father a dwarf. That man has done well for himself and it would be a great honor to reach his level of success. So, I wish you a good life.
P.S: I'm a masters student rounding up and searching for job. I'm proud of where I am and hopeful in God for a great future. I can't never be shamed!

I might have been harsh calling him a dwarf but i hate the fact that this man who says he is a pastor eats his words and says nothing to condemn the killings of Christians in the North East and North Central.

As for you...sorry for the harsh words.May God bless you with a job by January @MsGood
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by MsGood(f): 5:54pm On Dec 16, 2018
Decryptor:

I might have been harsh calling him a dwarf but i hate the fact that this man who says he is a pastor eats his words and says nothing to condemn the killings of Christians in the North East and North Central.

As for you...sorry for the harsh words.May God bless you with a job by January @MsGood

Amen. Politics is hard for Christians in Nigeria because it's like making a omelet with bad eggs and a good egg. The bad will override the good. We can only hope for the best.
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by googlemap: 9:30pm On Dec 16, 2018
HenryDion:

Try a lot of things. Have you ever wondered why you don't stammer when ta
lking to yourself? Or singing? Or even talking to a kid? It is more of psychological i think and having known that, you will overcome. Today, you will never know I'm a stammerer. Although i do stammer like once, in every 100th word.

Peace brother!
Henry Hi.....please can we chat?
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by Casemiro(m): 7:23am On Dec 17, 2018
stammerer

> it is well

choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 17, 2018
googlemap:

Henry Hi.....please can we chat?

Of course. DM me
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by oderinde151(m): 10:32am On Dec 17, 2018
HenryDion:

Of course bro.. Go ahead
Good morning sir, I've been battling with this stammering of a thing since when I was young. Now I'm 19 and to me it's been a great obstacle for me in school and everywhere I find myself. It's very embarrassing to see a first class student stammering because people would think that you have nothing to say whereas you are an Einstein.. Sir I won't lie, I don't mind to kill for this thing to stop .

1 Like

Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 21, 2020
chi4ik:
I'm a speech therapist working in Abuja. Stuttering can be managed and stopped no matter the degree. Kindly seek for SPEECH THERAPY INTERVENTION. SHALOM
how can I get one
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by Winny25(m): 3:40pm On May 22, 2020
Na true o. This thing is so annoying. Me am among. D tin dey block word pass cement!
slow speaking wil take time to work. So i wil just meet a man of God
Re: Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy by Winny25(m): 3:45pm On May 22, 2020
Na true o. This thing is so annoying. Me am among. D tin dey block word pass cement!
slow speaking wil take time to work. So i may just meet a man of God

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Files N500m Suit Against Lagos Based Indian Doctor Over Botched Delivery / The 10 Demands By Striking Doctors — And ‘FGs Responses So Far’ / Austin, Nigerian amputee footballer reveals how he became physically disabled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.