Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,756 members, 7,813,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 (7599 Views)

PHOTOS: Nigerian Made "Flying Car" Seen In Lagos Metropolis / Photos Of The New LASTMA Cabs Set To Be Launched / Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by Fan2: 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2010
ActiveMan:

NO BRIBE FOR POLICE, AND IF YOU HIT MY CAR FOR AIR, I GO RUN AFTER THE CAR LIKE SOMETHING ELSE.
Activeman e b like say you no my mind because no police go gree one measure the line.but i go run follow am wit parachute.
NO MORE AGBERO,
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by daduke2k(m): 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2010
now dats a cry for easy death. nice innovation though
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by PhysicsQED(m): 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2010
Few people will buy this. This is just a working, mini-airplane with car attributes/elements. Different groups of people have already made designs similar to this since the late 80s/early nineties and tried to pass them off as "flying cars", but for obvious reasons the idea didn't stick.

Not to sound like a hater, but this definitely is not what flying cars were imagined to be. That is, this doesn't square up with popular culture ideas from the Jetsons, science fiction movies, and video games of what the real flying car will be like when it comes.

The basic problem here is that this isn't some sort of levitating car or hovercraft (there are actually hovercraft already, but they aren't feasible for long distance travel or for real transport) and the aerodynamically necessary wings and general airplane design immediately tip off the prospective customer that in fact THEY (the makers) haven't actually made that big leap forward in levitation technology (using some kind of magnetic levitation, possibly the Casimir effect, or maybe even acoustic levitation) but instead are trying to pawn off a microplane with regular car attributes added in to any rich chumps that think they'll actually be able to brag that they own a flying car.
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by largemann: 3:04pm On Aug 07, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin jesussssssssssss jonathan should start the ban before they begin selling!, if feul/gas finish 4 air hmmmm, person so smile see dagrin oo!
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by largemann: 3:05pm On Aug 07, 2010
sure they will sell with parachut grin
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by Meedu(m): 11:20pm On Aug 07, 2010
BEWARE!! China has started manufacturing sub standard spare parts.  grin grin grin
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by Shoolar(m): 4:51am On Aug 08, 2010
Those who bring dis idea of flying car did well 2 d nation but not in naija, cos corruptn will kip growing if our government allow them 2 sell such car in dis country. Especially dos who rob banks, they're d 1st people 2 purchase d car.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by lanreecom(m): 8:52pm On Aug 08, 2010
cool undecided I REALLY HOPE THEY ARE GOING TO DO A GOOD TRIAL BEFORE IT WILL SOLD OUT INTO THE HANDS MEN. KUDOS TO THE INVENTORS, BUT I REALLY HOPE IT WILL NOT START ANOTHER EPISODE OF DISASTER. - PEACE!
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by dgb4(m): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2010
am sure this flying car will not be approved for use in Nigeria
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by occam(m): 8:48pm On Aug 09, 2010
Here is the  NTA news at 10:

Two cars were invloved in a ghastly air accident today, along Lagos- Ibadan, air-press way Both cars fell to the ground; luckily everyone escaped with slight injuries grin
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by idifu(m): 10:31am On Aug 10, 2010
no comment
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by Mbaegbu: 11:49am On Aug 10, 2010
This car is very very cheap for our politicians at N30million naira. that is what they give their girlfriends for breakfast after the long night out. Plz don't shout , wow !,

if u are a Female and u want such connection just ring me. i live here in Abuja and neighbor to them so i know what am talking about.
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by honeric01(m): 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2010
They better not sell it here in Nigeria because there's going to be alot of havoc while driving.
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by ayodelebul(m): 4:37pm On Aug 20, 2010
I actually thought i was goin to be the one inventing the flying car. It's a nice innovation and looking forward to an improvised version of the fying car. The future has come and is here to stay. smiley
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by DECOtech(m): 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dream1: Nice one. No more sitting for hours in Lagos traffic and i can avoid the rubbish roads. All i need to do now is get into politics so i can afford one.
You forget you would still need the bad or traffic laden roads to take-off and land. Waiting Fhemmy's first pre-order. grin
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by DECOtech(m): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
Ignatio: What if u run out of fuel on air? Hope it doesn't fall on somebody.
not at all oh! If u run out of fuel, just park beside one nearby cloud and then jump down with a 5litre keg to buy ur fuel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Essential Fluids Your Vehicle Cannot Go Without / I Need Original Custom Papers For My 06 Corolla / 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.