Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,320 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku (18705 Views)

Nigerians Won't Forget Tinubu If He Implements 2014 CONFAB Report - Bode George / Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report / Insecurity: Implement 2014 Confab Report Now, Delegates Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by STARGREEN(m): 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2018
Tareq1105:

Atiku is only playing politics.

Most issues in the report are constitutional and the 7th Assembly rejected the report claiming that no constitutional conference can be put in place when a National Assembly is functioning.

Secondly, no Northern president including Atiku is interested in restructuring. The restructuring you're hearing is the usual politics especially at this moment of politicking.
For your mind
Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by rexwalters: 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2018
sean079:
If he can go ahead to implement local government autonomy then he has already put Nigeria working again. He would surely get support from reasonable Nigerian
That is saraki & dogara's work (Legislative),Presidency (Executive) to carry and implement laws passed by the senate,it is statements like these I know atiku is all out to fool the gullible masses has nothing to offer,restructuring of the constitution lies exclusively with the National Assembly the President only assents or veto.
Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by STARGREEN(m): 10:24pm On Dec 16, 2018
rexwalters:
Mugu anything to do with the exclusive legislative list or the concurrent list can only be amended and restructured by two third majority of the National Assembly.

Moreso the so called conference was illegal and unconstitutional and was only carried out to Fool the gullibles,only the National Assemby under the constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (As Amended)has that power,may I ask who chose the so called pdp conference delegates?that is why it is good to study to find yourself approved like the Bible said.

Please can you name one of Atiku's companies listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange?because I don't know of any.
https://www.nairaland.com/4039251/checkout-list-companies-own-atiku.
Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by JubiOmeiza(m): 10:27pm On Dec 16, 2018
play play diz man dey use his hand to lose Northern support.. average northerner hate restructuring

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by budaatum: 10:28pm On Dec 16, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Will Atiku in all honesty implement the Confab?
Of course he wouldn't. He can't even.
Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by Nature8(m): 10:30pm On Dec 16, 2018
rexwalters:
[s]The truth is bitter,you must be a youngun?you need re orientation,spititual and brain cleansing for positive thinking,tomorrow you will say you were deceived by so called politicians?they say a bird in hand is worth two in the bush,go figure that out. [/s]

undecided
Iberiberism
Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by rexwalters: 10:32pm On Dec 16, 2018
MadamExcellency:

You are the hungry soul that can't solve problem but choose to hold everyone down because of your indecision.

Who the hell do you think your little mind is to bring partisanship into important national discourse

Enumerate the disadvantages of 30+ Lagos State LCDAs since their creation.
Go and sleep you must have had a long day after church? I am sure no one understands the Jargon you wrote?

where professors and regional / elites reached a confusion?Why are they not in the House of Assembly like their elected peers,tell us who represented your constituency in the illegal conference of rogues?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by rexwalters: 10:44pm On Dec 16, 2018
STARGREEN:

https://www.nairaland.com/4039251/checkout-list-companies-own-atiku.
Mind you he doesn't own INTELS or the so called Predeco and you did not still answer my question,how many of atiku's companies are listed on the NSE,Dangote Group is on the NSE,Femi Otedola's Forte Oil is on the NSE,Jim Ovia's Zenith Bank is on the NSE,Obafemi Otudeko's Honeywell is on the NSE to mention a few.

Abubakar Atiku claims he owns all those companies and yet he claimed he paid a mere 60 million Naira in income tax for 3 years (20 million per year)? No twisting of the books by PWC can justify such a claim.

Some people are just gullible and daft like Donald duck,go and meet Anthony Elumelu of Heirs Holding to show you what a true Billionaires tax return looks like.

He claims he started a farm in 1981,was he not a korofo smuggling customs officer then?who was handling the farm for him then in old Gongola State when he was a civil servant in Lagos? or you think someone can be running your business successfully for you whilst you are working for the Government?
Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by rexwalters: 10:52pm On Dec 16, 2018
JubiOmeiza:
play play diz man dey use his hand to lose Northern support..
average northerner hate restructuring
Only people that just finished secondary school that don't know the difference between Alhaji Tafawa Balewa & Alhaji Shehu Shagari will believe this criminal minded atiku for a second.
Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by sean079: 11:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
rexwalters:
That is saraki & dogara's work (Legislative),Presidency (Executive) to carry and implement laws passed by the senate,it is statements like these I know atiku is all out to fool the gullible masses has nothing to offer,restructuring of the constitution lies exclusively with the National Assembly the President only assents or veto.

Legislative work? Yeah right but the will and motivation must evolve from somewhere and if its coming from the president himself then its almost 75% achieveable. It will only require little politicking to complete the rest. The will and motivation is all what is needed from Atiku.
Every reasonable Nigerian knows local government autonomy is inevitable when its come to development except those greedy state governors
Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by rexwalters: 11:14pm On Dec 16, 2018
sean079:

Legislative work? Yeah right but the will and motivation must evolve from somewhere and if its coming from the president himself then its almost 75% achieveable. It will only require little politicking to complete the rest. The will and motivation is all what is needed from Atiku.
Sure when the senate president and speaker are of a different opinion saraki and dogara there's very little one can get done in a democratic setting,even the President's wife affirmed that last week or who do you think she meant by the two cabal members that tried to ruin her husband's government?

Even in the US,trump with all his enthusiasm and tough ego knows he is in for a long ride once Nancy Pelosi takes over as Speaker of The House.

Saraki & Dogara purportedly of APC tried their best in the shadows of schemes to undermine President Buhari's Government,it ain't hard to tell,where are they today?back with the opposition pdp their true home.
Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by StevenOba: 11:19pm On Dec 16, 2018
Story x Atiku lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by rexwalters: 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2018
sean079:

Every reasonable Nigerian knows local government autonomy is inevitable when its come to development except those greedy state governors
I guess to you all the state Governors since 1999 must be daft when it comes to local govt autonomy?but actually you people are the real Fools because under The 1999 Constitution as amended Local Government autonomy under a democratic setting is guaranteed subject to State laws passed by the House of Assembly of The state,and if you don't like it that way tell saraki and dogara to amend the constitution, mind you Atiku is not winning anything and he knows it,no korofo customs officer can be any match for the General.
Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by ofwest47(m): 12:53am On Dec 17, 2018
This Looter's party chief is too fake in his speeches to believe.
Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by ronyman(m): 12:56am On Dec 17, 2018
Bloody lie, the FOOlanis have started again. To enslave Nigeria is their collective agenda cry
Ngozi14:
Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has said he will decongest the exclusive and concurrent lists in the constitution as part of his plan to restructure the country.

Atiku, who disclosed this to SUNDAY PUNCH through his media aide, Phrank Shaibu, also said the report of the 2015 Constitutional Conference on restructuring would be looked into by relevant stakeholders, adding that appropriate decision that would be of national interest, would be taken.

According to him, it is not for one person to dictate that the report must be adopted or not

Atiku said, “The autonomy of the states and local governments, both of which are closer to their people than the central government in Abuja, will result in more effective decisions that would be more potent and impactful in terms of results and effects.”

Explaining the modalities for his planned restructuring, the former Vice President stated that the Federal Government would retain the role of providing the required direction for the economy, defence and national security, internal law and order, currency, international affairs and foreign policy, customs, citizenship and immigration, firearms and related matters.

He said matters relating internal security, police, law and order, minerals and mines, land and environment as well as railways, transport and communication would be devolved to the concurrent list.

Atiku added that local governments would assume its constitutional status as an independent tier of government.

Meanwhile, his wife, Titi, and some leaders of the PDP groups, on Saturday, accused the President Buhari-led administration of harassing and intimidating opposition members.

Speaking in separate interviews with our correspondent during the inauguration of Women Pathfinders Initiatives for Atiku/Obi in Abuja, they also alleged that Buhari’s government was stinking with corruption.

Atiku, who was represented by her personal assistant, Alhaji Abdulrazaq Garba, accused some Buhari’s government’s officials of being enmeshed in corruption. She added that the government was allegedly shielding corrupt people.

But the Federal Government said the allegations of the PDP members against the government were false and of no consequence, adding that Buhari was not intimidating the opposition.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, in a telephone interview with our correspondent, accused the PDP members of engaging in blackmail, adding that Buhari’s government was neither corrupt nor shielding corrupt people.

https://punchng.com/atiku-pledges-to-revisit-jonathans-confab-report/
Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by michoim(m): 1:07am On Dec 17, 2018
Jonathan Confab report is full of constitutional challenges that can easily be contested in court

1 Like

Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by deji17: 2:39am On Dec 17, 2018
Atiku is still fishing from the same water that Jonathan fished from. Nothing has changed for PDP. Nigerians rejected their deceits in 2015 and they will not embrace it now. It will take many electoral cycle loss for PDP for them to realise that Nigerians have rejected their types of politics.
Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by TrueLEADER: 7:05am On Dec 17, 2018
charliboy654:

That one still depends on the kind of politicians ruling that region, imagine person like ibori is ruling delta state and controlling all its resources, na die be that o. The kind looting go be times 10 of what he stole.

Of course. It'll then become the fault of the citizens of the state.
Re: I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 17, 2018
Please, this is to all PDP supporters, I would like to know what Atiku would do to the self-confessed looters under PDP if he happens to win the presidency come 2019.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mobolaji Johnson: Achievements Of The First Governor Of Lagos State / Atiku At The Tor Tiv's Palace In Benue (Video) / Retired Justice Ahmad Olanrewaju Belgore Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.