Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Story Of Ifon Orolu And Its Founder, Obalufon Ade - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story Of Ifon Orolu And Its Founder, Obalufon Ade (4794 Views)

Hit Them Dead ! (Extreme Violence+Adult Content ) By Ade Spades / Love Is Not For Suckers (Adult Content 18+ ) By Ade Spades / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Story Of Ifon Orolu And Its Founder, Obalufon Ade by Jimsonjaat96(m): 9:44pm On Dec 16, 2018
STORY OF IFON OROLU AND ITS FOUNDER, OBALUFON ADE
Obalufon Ade (also called Molufonade) was the first born of Okanbi, who was the firstborn of Oduduwa, the Yoruba progenitor. History has it when Okanbi died Molufonade inherited all his crowns, while Oranmiyan inherited some Oyo Empire's lands. Obalufon Ade so much showcased his crowns that he used to wear them around the palace. So one day, Oranmiyan playfully snatched a crown off his elder brother's head, with a statement like: "Brother, you have plenty crowns, let me be taking this." Obalufon was furious at this act of insolence, but was appeased by his other juniors. Because Obalufon Ade has too many crowns, they used to eulogised him as "Kikunade (full of crowns)"
This is the crown Oranmiyan wore when he eventually founded the first 'Eyeo'. That's why it is said, in Ifon Orolu's indigenous praises, that:
"Won ni kinni mo wa r'ode Adikun,
(They asked what was I looking for in Adikun's land?)
Mo ni mo wa ori Ade lo
(I replied I seek crown and the head that wears it)
Won npe l'ade l'ade l'ade
(They were discussing ownership of crown)
Won n sope Alaafin (Oranmiyan) o l'ade
(They were saying Alaafin Oranmiyan didn't have a crown)
Ade Aladikun la pada lo fun Alaafin
(It's Aladikun's crown that's eventually wore by Alaafin)
Orolu omo Kelawe"
({Ifon} Orolu, child of Kelawe)
Source: Chief Aremu Ayilara Ajobiewe, Oriki Ile Yoruba
Obalufon Ade's mother, named Adikun, is from Ilawe-Ekiti, beside Ikole-Ekiti (in present-Ekiti state, Nigeria). It's from Ilawe that she was brought as a slave to Ile-Ife and the then-Alawe of Ilawe-Ekiti gave her to Okanbi.

Obalufon Ade eventually founded a town named Ifon Orolu. His decision to found town wasnt surprising. It's a thing reckoned with adventurous people of Old.

N.B: It's discovery of Obalufon Ade and the story of Ifon Orolu that make me personally believe in the historical person of Okanbi.

Jimson Jaat Taofik
The M.A.D Writer
(Making A Difference)
Re: Story Of Ifon Orolu And Its Founder, Obalufon Ade by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
Are you from Ifon Osun?

(1) (Reply)

Text Book That Wiil Teach Me English / Washing And Setting <<unizik Fine Boy And My Life>> / Magdalene* - A Short Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.