Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

"Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari (6862 Views)

Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria / Yakassai: I Knew Buhari Can’t Fix Any Of Nigeria’s Problems / France Can’t Fix Your Problem To You – Macron Tells Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by ahmedkoded95(m): 1:10am On Dec 17, 2018
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to resign for admitting on Friday that the nation’s economy was in bad shape.

Buhari reportedly made the confession during his meeting with the 36 governors at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Friday.

In a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Communication, Mr Phrank Shaibu, on Sunday, Atiku said the President’s confession that the economy was in bad shape was not only a ploy to attract the sympathy of Nigerians but also aimed at getting a soft landing.

He said, “The result, of course, is his confession of failure on the eve of our general elections in the hope that millions of Nigerians, whom he has condemned to poverty and hardship, will give him a clap for failing abysmally.

“I dare say that President Buhari has miscalculated badly on this matter because Nigerians are simply fed up with him.

“The economy has collapsed under his watch and he has by this frank remark admitted that he has no idea on how to fix it and that is why he summoned the governors to help him.

“This is really very sad because President Buhari has run out of time and what Nigerians need now is leadership which has the political will, administrative experience and sound economic acumen to get Nigeria working again.”

The former Vice-President expressed his disappointment that Buhari had continued to blame the PDP for the country’s bad economy, saying the President had reportedly confirmed that he was incapable of fixing the economy.

Atiku said Buhari should step down from his position since the economy was in bad shape.

He said Buhari’s admission had confirmed the British multinational bank HSBC’s prediction that re-electing him in 2019 could plunge Nigeria into a deeper economic hardship.

Atiku said, “Unless those in charge of the APC and the party’s supporters are, as usual, suffering from some form of self-delusion, it just does not make any sense for them to say that the All Progressives Congress’ Federal Government has brought succour to ordinary Nigerians when President Buhari himself has admitted to the governors that the economy has gone beyond his control.

“Or do we need a prophet to tell us that the President’s admission is a vindication of our long-held position, and indeed the forecast by HSBC recently cited by the Nigerian media where the bank said a second term for Buhari would greatly affect the economy of the country?”

He added, “The exchange rate of the naira to the US dollar when the APC assumed office in 2015 was about N170 (official rate) to $1. Today it is N360 to $1. Today millions of Nigerians, most of them youths, are unemployed, forcing them to become professional beggars who wait for the FG’s monthly N5,000 handout and N10,000 Tradermoni aimed at bribing them to re-elect the party in the forthcoming elections.

“Power generation has actually dipped from 4,949 megawatts, which the PDP left in 2015 to less than 3,500 megawatts even though Buhari’s managers consistently claim that 7,000 megawatts are what the country is currently generating. What more evidence do we need to know that the APC has been a curse rather than a blessing to our country?”

Atiku lamented that the President had failed to apply new methods in addressing the challenges facing the country.

He said, “Our President is still living in the Paleolithic age of blame game and buck-passing as responsible for his failures.

“What this simply means is that President Buhari was not really prepared for governance and did not even understand the simplest intricacies of running a national economy as big as Nigeria.

“This is really tragic and it is obvious that President Buhari has come to the end of the road and has completely given up on the next steps to advance Nigeria, while those who his dear wife openly declared misled his administration into this economic quagmire are still drumming up support for his next level of more hardship, suffering, unprovoked deaths as a result of mis-governance.”

He said the President was tired and should therefore be asked to return “to his much cherished sedentary, pastoral and rustic lifestyle in his country home in Daura and then leave the rigours and highly strategic art of governance to those who know how to govern and get the economy working again.”

But the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, said he would not comment on the issue.

He referred The PUNCH to spokesman for the APC, Lanre Issa-Onilu.

Adesina said, “I don’t respond to PDP issues. Whenever it is the PDP, talk to the APC. Journalists should know this.”

When reminded that the question was on Atiku’s call for Buhari to resign for admitting that the economy was in bad shape, Adesina said he would not talk.

When one of our correspondents got across to Issa-Onilu, he also directed him (the correspondent) to spokesman for the President Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation, Mr. Festus Keyamo (SAN).

However , calls made to the telephone of Keyamo were not answered.

He also did not respond to a text message sent to him as of the time of filing this report.

https://punchng.com/resign-since-you-cant-fix-economy-atiku-tells-buhari/

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by fk001(m): 1:25am On Dec 17, 2018
Buhari is just an honest man, what he said was the bitter truth.

I know that if it was Atiku he will never spilled it out infact he will take it as an advantage to loot us dry.

PMB till 2023.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by Built2last: 1:26am On Dec 17, 2018
2018 calendar in Nigeria

January =sex doll
February =snake swallow 36
million
March= monkey swallow 70
million
April=lazy youths
May = transmission transmission
June= small girl with big GOD
July= na dem de rush us
August= buhari or jibril
September=everywhere stew
October= atikulat
November= no make money
wetin we gain
December=stain pant for sell
And pesin go say naija no get problem?

21 Likes

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by Blackfire(m): 2:47am On Dec 17, 2018
Buhari resign....

Impossible

3 Likes

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by yarimo(m): 3:21am On Dec 17, 2018
ATIKU noise making can't make you win presidential election.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by Reinvented: 4:45am On Dec 17, 2018
"But the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, said he would not comment on the issue.

Adesina said, “I don’t respond to PDP issues. Whenever it is the PDP, talk to the APC. Journalists should know this. When one of our correspondents got across to Issa-Onilu, he also directed him (the correspondent) to spokesman for the President Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation, Mr. Festus Keyamo (SAN).

He also did not respond to a text message sent to him as of the time of filing this report".

This got me cracking ... BMO seem tired of defending their master grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by aolawale025: 4:50am On Dec 17, 2018
Ideally that's how it should be

2 Likes

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:46am On Dec 17, 2018
TRUE CONFESSION from :

People have been asking how much we were paid to campaign for Buhari , We always deny the allegation. The new year is around the corner and we want to come clean.
Yes we were paid to campaign for Buhari 
Buhari himself paid us.
He paid us when he started completing abandoned projects, he paid us when he paid pensioners, he paid us when after 35 years of paper work he finally brought a train to Warri.
Yes he paid us to campaign for him
He paid us when he allowed even those that curse him to access N-power and Tradermoni. He paid us when he prevented fuel marketers from going on strike that would have lead to untold hardship during the holiday period
He paid us, and handsomely too. 
For more of these payments we and every sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians are voting for PMB come 2019.
PMB 2019!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY !!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by egwekwe: 5:46am On Dec 17, 2018
G
Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:46am On Dec 17, 2018
fk001:

I know that if it was Atiku he will never spilled it out infact he will take it as an advantage to loot us dry.

PMB till 2023.
God bless you for this brother.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by uyor3: 5:46am On Dec 17, 2018
Reinvented:
"But the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, said he would not comment on the issue.

Adesina said, “I don’t respond to PDP issues. Whenever it is the PDP, talk to the APC. Journalists should know this. When one of our correspondents got across to Issa-Onilu, he also directed him (the correspondent) to spokesman for the President Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation, Mr. Festus Keyamo (SAN).

He also did not respond to a text message sent to him as of the time of filing this report".

This got me cracking ... BMO seem tired of defending their master grin

This part got me wondering if the govt is working in synergy at all.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by BruncleZuma: 5:47am On Dec 17, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by 34webers(m): 5:47am On Dec 17, 2018
So why do you want him to resign when election is tommorow and you are sure of victory?
Someone asked yesterday why "those people" no longer shout fulani herdsmen again but as usual, they started doing exactly what they are known for.
I could remember, every week, they must post pictures of fulani and their cows in classrooms, airport roads, highways, army barracks etc. Some will even post pictures of gun wielding fulani accompanying their cows. Very senseless and inconsistent ipigz.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by helinues: 5:48am On Dec 17, 2018
Atiku pls stop all these. You and Pdp have no moral justifications to questioned the current government.

2 Likes

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by foreshore(m): 5:49am On Dec 17, 2018
fk001:

PMB till 2023.

See this yeye boy, what type of honesty is that? A man that has failed and will always fail, yet wants to recontest again. That's honesty in your own village abi!!!

5 Likes

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:49am On Dec 17, 2018
shocked
Give us Biafra! Give us that land flowing with milk and honey. Give us the land of the rising sun. A land where neither Atiku nor Buhari will be eligible to rule.
Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by PassingShot(m): 5:50am On Dec 17, 2018
grin

Election is less than two months away and you're asking the front-runner to resign!

Atiku will prefer not to go into this contest with PMB and he can do anything to ensure that happens.
Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:50am On Dec 17, 2018
Just because he can be heard doesn't mean his opinions are of worth.

Grade1 USA used Laptops for sale
Details in my signature
Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by Hoodbilonia: 5:51am On Dec 17, 2018
mark of the beast is all on us
naija is cursed
and we are trapped forever
till eternity
Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by Dannybammz: 5:52am On Dec 17, 2018
Nairalanders, show me some love. Today is my birthday 17-12. i share the same birthdate with my president according to him in 2015
Like for Me share for @Mbuhari

4 Likes

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by whatmoreng: 5:54am On Dec 17, 2018
Nairaland BMC deserves special award. They are the only ones still defending bubu. All the top guns like Adesina, Lanre Issa-Onilu, Keyamo are on the run. Lia Mohammed has lost his voice, that ugly drunk woman has forgotten her Twitter password.
BMC nairaland chapter are the most dedicated even with their 30k per month salary (the least on Federal BMC payroll).

1 Like

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:54am On Dec 17, 2018
PLEASE, between PETER OBI and OSINBANJO who is more of a PROFESSOR...??

Mind You,
.......OSINBANJO was allowed to carry his TABLET device into the Examination Hall... ??
.......He was allowed to peep into his Tablet when confused.
.......He was also found deficient in the current country’s statistics.
.......He hammered more on ongoing projects rather than confronting QUESTIONS posed to him
IF a SOUND OSINBANJO can be like this, you can't imagine what BABA will be like...?? Including the previous leaderships that have plunged this NATION into this mayhem.

Rather than coming for the DEBATE, I will advice BABA to honourably resign and HANDOVER to his 2nd in command.
Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by EliteBeautyBlog(f): 5:55am On Dec 17, 2018
It's that simple....?
Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by humble2: 5:55am On Dec 17, 2018
It baffles me that Atiku is suddenly thinking He knows it all ..you were a vice president for 8 yrs.. What good can u show for it..rather u were disloyal to d person that brought u to that position...u were once a custom top officer.. What good did u do to the force rather u gathered as much wealth u can...ur vice instead of saying what's obtainable..was busy preaching Chinese economy...ur party was in power for 16 years..Nigeria is supposed to even be better off than China...talk is cheap...u want to be president? Gives us realistic mandates, not saying things that even if we vote u in and u stay for 10 yrs u can't fix ..concentrate on ur campaign,,don't demean anyone cos thats just a clear sign of DESPERATION...

7 Likes

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by whatmoreng: 5:56am On Dec 17, 2018
helinues:
Atiku pls stop all these. You and Pdp have no moral justifications to questioned the current government.
Hahaha. The pain is too much for you. Truth hurts.
Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by uyor3: 5:57am On Dec 17, 2018
PassingShot:
grin

So you're just shining your teeth abi?

Let me ask you a question Mr Passingshot.

If for example you own a company, and the manager invites heads of departments to a meeting and tells them that your company might go under as a result of the present realities occasioned by their inability to effectively manage the business, . . . . what will you do?

Reinforce failure?

2 Likes

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by Nukilia: 5:58am On Dec 17, 2018
It took a coup to remove the incompetent Buhari, now I hope Nigerians will do the needful by rejecting the greedy crooks and his supporters. grin cheesy grin

Nigeria cannot continue like this....

Nigeria is going backwards and not forward...

1 Like

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by 1Dray(m): 5:59am On Dec 17, 2018
fk001:

PMB till 2023.

How has his being honest fixed the economy? If he doesn't have what it takes to fix the economy, let him quietly resign. Who Buhari honesty epp?

4 Likes

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by helinues: 6:04am On Dec 17, 2018
whatmoreng:

Hahaha. The pain is too much for you. Truth hurts.

Pained ? How?
Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by tobby98: 6:13am On Dec 17, 2018
He is grossly incompetent.Buhari wants a third chance again after his first in 1985 and 2015? yet he keeps falling our hands.Never reinforce failure...
#Atiku2019

1 Like

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by Stalwert: 6:33am On Dec 17, 2018
grin I love it when PMB ignores foolish suspected homosexual thief

1 Like

Re: "Resign Since You Can’t Fix Economy," Atiku Tells Buhari by Neyoohpompy(m): 6:48am On Dec 17, 2018
Can one imagine what will be left in this Country in 2023 if Jubrin is re-elected? The in smileyefectual buffon is wholeheartedly rejected

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fg Declares Monday, January 2nd A Public Holiday. / 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement / Am I The Only One Watching The AIT Expository On Lagos Government And Tinubu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.