Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,976 members, 7,817,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

My Conclusion on Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Conclusion on Religion (1528 Views)

Random Musings On Religion. / My Thoughts On Religion I / Brilliant Quotes on Religion By Thomas Paine And Robert Ingersoll. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Conclusion on Religion by Nobody: 1:31am On Dec 17, 2018
Jesus is not the only way to God and Muhammed does
not possess the absolute truth.

Truth to each and everyone of us is relative.

Christianity may be the only way to your god but it is not the way to countless billions of people.

Jesus Christ is a Jewish messiah rejected by the Jews and accepted by Christians. He is not the messiah of the whole world.

The way to God is to be kind to all creatures irrespective of race , culture and creed and to love , forgive and be patient with all mankind and even animals.

The religion being practiced in Nigeria today is chaos at its peak , hence it’s many rotten and disgusting fruits.

Nobody on this earth is going to a heaven or hell because of belief in Jesus , that’s plain false. First off ,these places are myths and secondly it is not in the Power of Jesus to decide who goes where.

So my conclusion - Jesus is not the worlds messiah.

QED

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Conclusion on Religion by Ihedinobi3: 8:39am On Dec 17, 2018
frosbel2:

Christianity may be the only way to your god but it is not the way to countless billions of people.

Jesus Christ is a Jewish messiah rejected by the Jews and accepted by Christians. He is not the messiah of the whole world.

The way to God is to be kind to all creatures irrespective of race , culture and creed and to love , forgive and be patient with all mankind and even animals.

The religion being practiced in Nigeria today is chaos at its peak , hence it’s many rotten and disgusting fruits.

Nobody on this earth is going to a heaven or hell because of belief in Jesus , that’s plain false. First off ,these places are myths and secondly it is not in the Power of Jesus to decide who goes where.

QED
Let me get this straight, frosbel2.

There is no Truth because Truth is whatever each one of us wants it to be, right?

But what of this statement then? Is it true for everybody or just for you?

Also, whose truth is the following which I draw from your posts? Rather, are the following relative truths as well or are they objective truth irrespective of who the reader is?

1. Jesus is not the only way to God.

2. Mohammed does not possess absolute truth.

3. Truth is relative.

4. Christianity is not the way to countless billions of people.

5. Jesus Christ is not the messiah of the whole world.

6. "The way to God is to be kind to all creatures irrespective of race , culture and creed and to love , forgive and be patient with all mankind and even animals."

7. The religion being practiced in Nigeria is chaos at its peak.

8. "Nobody on this earth is going to a heaven or hell because of belief in Jesus , that’s plain false."

9. "First off ,these places are myths and secondly it is not in the Power of Jesus to decide who goes where."

10. "Jesus is not the worlds messiah."

So, are these ten statements and claims from your post truths for everybody or just truths for you?

If they are truths for you, why did you need to tell us all about it? Is it just for our information so that we know how to communicate with you?

Are they truths for everybody? Because if they are, then you are already lying by saying that truth is relative.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Conclusion on Religion by toyosi20188(m): 9:09am On Dec 17, 2018
frosbel2:

QED
Hmmm.....That's ur own truth not GOD's.
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by johnydon22(m): 9:13am On Dec 17, 2018
frosbel2:

Is this truth relative or absolute?

Somehow you don't see how your own assertion self refutes your own post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Conclusion on Religion by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Let me get this straight, frosbel2.

There is no Truth because Truth is whatever each one of us wants it to be, right?

But what of this statement then? Is it true for everybody or just for you?

Also, whose truth is the following which I draw from your posts? Rather, are the following relative truths as well or are they objective truth irrespective of who the reader is?

1. Jesus is not the only way to God.

2. Mohammed does not possess absolute truth.

3. Truth is relative.

4. Christianity is not the way to countless billions of people.

5. Jesus Christ is not the messiah of the whole world.

6. "The way to God is to be kind to all creatures irrespective of race , culture and creed and to love , forgive and be patient with all mankind and even animals."

7. The religion being practiced in Nigeria is chaos at its peak.

8. "Nobody on this earth is going to a heaven or hell because of belief in Jesus , that’s plain false."

9. "First off ,these places are myths and secondly it is not in the Power of Jesus to decide who goes where."

10. "Jesus is not the worlds messiah."

So, are these ten statements and claims from your post truths for everybody or just truths for you?

If they are truths for you, why did you need to tell us all about it? Is it just for our information so that we know how to communicate with you?

Are they truths for everybody? Because if they are, then you are already lying by saying that truth is relative.

Simple - The only absolute truth there is , is the existence of a God who created all. Everything else as it pertains to religious belief, is relative to our specific culture and tradition and in of itself is not the absolute truth , in the sense that all other beliefs are null and void.

Applying this to Christianity for instance; that Christianity is the only truth there is , is relative to that individual's upbringing, culture or philosophical inclination. It does not mean that Islam, Hinduism or Animism are false - false to Christians based on their supposed 'absolute truth ' perhaps, but true to the adherents.

In summary, Christianity cannot claim that Jesus is the messiah of all mankind , when ;
1. Half of mankind have never heard of the name Jesus
2. Billions reject this statement and worship God in their own way.

I personally think that imposing your belief on others with the threat of punishment is arrogant, cultic and ungodly.
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
johnydon22:
Is this truth relative or absolute?

Somehow you don't see how your own assertion self refutes your own post.

Truth is relative indeed - think about it
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by MrPresident1: 9:32pm On Dec 17, 2018
frosbel2:

Truth is relative indeed - think about it

There is no relativism in truth, truth is whole and absolute.

Christ is the head of all principalities and powers and thrones, they all derive from him, he created them all. Whether it is Buddha o, or it is Ghenghis Khan, or it is Charlemagne (from whom all American presidents must descend), they all owe their thrones to him

https://www.ancestry.com/boards/topics.royalty.links/212/mb.ashx
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by elated177: 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2018
Frosbel2,

Though not a Christian, I believe - from my Scriptures - that the Messiah is the Messiah of the whole wide and wild world.

As long as eternity is concerned, there is only ONE TRUTH.

Any truth that is relative is no truth at all, in the real sense of it.

There are those who desire to find their own "truth". If their truth is not in line with the TRUTH, what they have is falsehood.
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 17, 2018
elated177:
Frosbel2,

Though not a Christian, I believe - from my Scriptures - that the Messiah is the Messiah of the whole wide and wild world.

As long as eternity is concerned, there is only ONE TRUTH.

Any truth that is relative is no truth at all, in the real sense of it.

There are those who desire to find their own "truth". If their truth is not in line with the TRUTH, what they have is falsehood.

In other words, your TRUTH is the absolute TRUTH at the expense of all other belief systems - oh dear smiley
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by elated177: 9:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
frosbel2:

In other words, your TRUTH is the absolute TRUTH at the expense of all other belief systems - oh dear smiley

Very much so.
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2018
MrPresident1:

There is no relativism in truth, truth is whole and absolute.

Christ is the head of all principalities and powers and thrones, they all derive from him, he created them all. Whether it is Buddha o, or it is Ghenghis Khan, or it is Charlemagne (from whom all American presidents must descend), they all owe their thrones to him

https://www.ancestry.com/boards/topics.royalty.links/212/mb.ashx

God is absolute truth.

No religion can claim exclusive access to God , for that my friend is the cause of the religious chaos we see worldwide with the endless bloodshed and abuse being perpetrated in the name of ' my religion is the only true way to God '.

Sorry, Jesus is not the ONLY WAY to God.

There is a basic principle in nature that teaches us how to access God and reach out to his beauty and have peace in this world.
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2018
elated177:

Very much so.

I understood that much - but it is relative to you smiley
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by MrPresident1: 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
frosbel2:

God is absolute truth.

No religion can claim exclusive access to God , for that my friend is the cause of the religious chaos we see worldwide with the endless bloodshed and abuse being perpetrated in the name of ' my religion is the only true way to God '.

There is a basic principle in nature that teaches us how to access God and reach out to his beauty and have peace in this world.

Jesus is God
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2018
MrPresident1:

Jesus is God

Yep, the Roman Pagan converts also agree !!
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by elated177: 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2018

QED[/quote]

Permit me, for the purpose of discussion, to refer to the Messiah by his Jewish name Yahushua the Messiah.

He was not rejected by all the Jews. His first disciples were all Jewish.
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by MrPresident1: 9:55pm On Dec 17, 2018
frosbel2:

Yep, the Roman Pagan converts also agree !!

When there is a fake, it holds true that there is an authentic one
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by elated177: 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2018
frosbel2:

I understood that much - but it is relative to you smiley

How is relative to me?

Did I arrive at conclusion myself?

May be you want me to go contrary to the Scriptures!
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by elated177: 10:00pm On Dec 17, 2018
frosbel2:

God is absolute truth.

Can you share this "basic principle"?
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 17, 2018
elated177:

How is relative to me?

Did I arrive at conclusion myself?

May be you want me to go contrary to the Scriptures!

What is scripture ? The Bible ?

And what Scriptures did your ancestors use over thousands upon thousands of years ?

You came into contact with the Jewish scriptures about 100 years ago, and all of sudden , your own culture is trash ?? grin Black man problem....

2 Likes

Re: My Conclusion on Religion by elated177: 10:03pm On Dec 17, 2018
frosbel2:

God is absolute truth.

What is your beef with Yahushua being the only way?
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2018
elated177:

Can you share this "basic principle"?

The intangible inherent awareness of right from wrong in all men and women , and a gentle persuasion to always choose the good over the bad - such as showing love and kindness to all Gods creation, taking care of our environment and living our lives in humility and appreciation for one another.

Further, living in awe and worship of GOD, his wonders, love and good will to all mankind.

You don't need religion to know this , right ??

1 Like

Re: My Conclusion on Religion by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2018
elated177:

What is your beef with Yahushua being the only way?

You are worshipping a supposed Jewish messiah rejected by the Jews as false. Did your forefathers know who the Jews were thousands of years ago ?

1 Like

Re: My Conclusion on Religion by elated177: 10:14pm On Dec 17, 2018
frosbel2:

And what Scriptures did your ancestors use over thousands upon thousands of years ?

You came into contact with the Jewish scriptures about 100 years ago, and all of sudden , your own culture is trash ?? grin Black man problem....

My ancestors also used to do trade by barter. It used to take them days to trek from one village to another. Just 7pm in the night was to them like 11pm. Yeah, my ancestors used to carry about "mpana aka" and that was before kerosene lantern came to them. Wow! 100 years ago, who would have thought that I would be in the comfort of my house chatting with you while like hundreds or thousands of miles away, probably tucked away in your bed!

Should I continue?
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
elated177:

My ancestors also used to do trade by barter. It used to take them days to trek from one village to another. Just 7pm in the night was to them like 11pm. Yeah, my ancestors used to carry about "mpana aka" and that was before kerosene lantern came to them. Wow! 100 years ago, who would have thought that I would be in the comfort of my house chatting with you while like hundreds or thousands of miles away, probably tucked away in your bed!

Should I continue?

and the relevance is ?

1 Like

Re: My Conclusion on Religion by elated177: 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2018
frosbel2:

You are worshipping a supposed Jewish messiah rejected by the Jews as false. Did your forefathers know who the Jews were thousands of years ago ?

The disciples of the Messiah were all Jews. Yeah, his own rejected him, but those who accepted him he gave power to be children of the Father. You see, they did exactly what the Scriptures said would happen.
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by elated177: 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2018
frosbel2:

Yeah, by the Scriptures, I mean the Bible.
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by elated177: 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
The relevance...to below

frosbel2:

Re: My Conclusion on Religion by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
elated177:

The disciples of the Messiah were all Jews. Yeah, his own rejected him, but those who accepted him he gave power to be children of the Father. You see, they did exactly what the Scriptures said would happen.

You only follow Jesus because the WHITE MAN told you that he is the Messiah - period.
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by MrPresident1: 10:27pm On Dec 17, 2018
frosbel2:

Do you believe in the gods of our indigenous culture, or rather, what is your belief or attitude toward them?
Re: My Conclusion on Religion by elated177: 10:27pm On Dec 17, 2018
Yahushua the Messiah is light. The ancestors were walking partly in darkness. Their practices portrayed that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? / Christians And Muslims: Do You Believe In The Potency Of Black Magic? / Which Biblical Person Would You Like To Chat With, And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.