Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested (32345 Views)

Ugochukwu Nworie Tied & Gang-Raped In Ebonyi Hotel, 12 Condoms Recovered / Germany-Based Man Dies In Ebonyi Hotel, Dressed As A Ritualist (Graphic) / Lightning Kills Germany Returnee In Ebonyi Hotel Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Zeelov(m): 8:40am On Dec 17, 2018
The body of a yet-to-be identified woman was found in a room at the Crown Garden Hotel located along Afikpo road in Abakaliki, Ebonyi state on Sunday December 16th. This was disclosed by the state police command spokesperson, DSP Loveth Odah.

One Sylvester Oduma, who lodged in the hotel and whose complaint led to the discovery of the corpse, said
“I arrived at the hotel on Sunday, paid for a suite and checked into the hotel only to perceive an unpleasant odour oozing out of the next room, which became unbearable. I quickly drew the attention of the management of the hotel to the unpleasant odour and they opened the door and found the lifeless body of a fair lady in the room. Possibly, she was stabbed to death by her supposed boyfriend identified as Uchenna Awoke. Immediately, the police were contacted and a team of officers arrived at the scene. The policemen immediately arrested all the management officials and staff of the hotel and took them away. The policemen evacuated the corpse and deposited it in a morgue.”
According to Punch, the deceased was found with deep cuts on her chest and neck. She has been deposited in a mortuary while one Uchenna Awoke, her supposed boyfriend, has been arrested in connection with her death. The police command spokesperson also said the manager of the hotel, Emmanuel Eze, and other some of the hotel staff have been arrested for negligence.
“The manager of the hotel, the supervisor and other workers of the hotel were taken to the station for questioning and I must confess to you that the whole thing is negligence on the part of the hotel management. How can a guest be murdered in a hotel room and days after, the management was not aware of the incident? We will investigate the matter properly and I assure you, the perpetrator(s) of the act must be arrested and prosecuted. All we are asking is for the members of the public to avail the police of useful information that will lead to the arrest of the suspect.” she said.

Source: http://www.9janewsarena.com/2018/12/woman-found-dead-in-ebonyi-hotel-room.html

3 Likes

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Zeelov(m): 8:41am On Dec 17, 2018
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by DavidEsq(m): 8:49am On Dec 17, 2018
What does the police officer mean by "the whole thing" is a result of negligence of the hotel management?
Is the murder of the girl as a result of the negligence of the hotel or the discovery of the murder?
All these police with their wide mouth angry

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by chendstone01(m): 9:01am On Dec 17, 2018
This hotel people no dey clean their rooms when person check out

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by anonymuz(m): 9:23am On Dec 17, 2018
I thought when two people lodge together they are going to check out together.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by OhiOfIhima: 10:38am On Dec 17, 2018
Thank God d devil called bf has been arrested..

Management should be punish for their negligence.

1 Like

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:38am On Dec 17, 2018
So the hotel management did not check the room when one out of the two people that went in left?
And they also did not go in to clean and arrange the room after check out?
Something fishy!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Olajah81: 10:38am On Dec 17, 2018
Too much sex
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Passionate888: 10:39am On Dec 17, 2018
This december sef.
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by richfriendsng: 10:39am On Dec 17, 2018
Bd
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Abudu2000(m): 10:40am On Dec 17, 2018
anonymuz:
I thought when two people lodge together they are going to check out together.

so if one plans to be with 10 ppl he or she has to check out 10X, the way children done flood Nairaland Is so annoying,

7 Likes

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Lexusgs430: 10:40am On Dec 17, 2018
Nah the tin you love to chop, go kill pesin........
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by oderinde151(m): 10:40am On Dec 17, 2018
We are where sorry were we are now....

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by kenny5811(m): 10:41am On Dec 17, 2018
wailers shld help me blame buhari......
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Wiki9ja: 10:41am On Dec 17, 2018
okay oh
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by lilfreezy: 10:41am On Dec 17, 2018
undecided
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by abdulaz: 10:42am On Dec 17, 2018
Are they not supposed to check a room after a guest checks out?

3 Likes

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by NOC1(m): 10:44am On Dec 17, 2018
DavidEsq:
What does the police officer mean by "the whole thing" is a result of negligence of the hotel management?
Is the murder of the girl as a result of the negligence of the hotel or the discovery of the murder?

say this prayer now.
Dear Lord please give me wisdom to read and understand and grant me the patience to complete a story before airing my opinion. oya go ahead and pray, speak in tongues if you can.

The police was only saying the Hotel management should have found the Corpse before this time, it is expected for hotels to tactically check their rooms everyday.

9 Likes

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by tayo200(m): 10:45am On Dec 17, 2018
rip to the dead..... in advance to the living...

BTW SIBAO hangout is coming up on the 29th. If you're am alumni, plan to be there.. peace out.. ✌✌✌✌
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by jahbiz: 10:49am On Dec 17, 2018
DavidEsq:
The manager of the hotel, the supervisor and other workers of the hotel were taken to the station for questioning and I must confess to you that the whole thing is negligence on the part of the hotel management. How can a guest be murdered in a hotel room and days after, the management was not aware of the incident?

1 Like

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by okokronkwo: 10:49am On Dec 17, 2018
OhiOfIhima:
Thank God d devil called bf has been arrested..

Management should be punish for their negligence.
Innocent people will be spending their xmax behind bar
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Triangles1(m): 10:49am On Dec 17, 2018
Igbo kwenu. Namdi and him guys they top chat this days. Imagine this issue happen toYoruba community. You will see different post, brown roof, Yahoo Yahoo, afonjas skull miner, forgotten that no Religion or tribes free of crime, that name Igbo need to be change from Weed a.k.a Igbo to egohunger or Ndibgo bcs that Igbo/weed they intoxicate and it make you guys to do anything for money. My opinions ohhhhhh.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 17, 2018
They'll tag the boyfriend a Yahoo guy
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by aca77: 10:55am On Dec 17, 2018
Days after? It must be a very dirty hotel with poor management. I'm not sure about this Afikpo Road, but it seems it's that busy meat market area. This makes it even much worse for such a thing to happen in that kind of busy environment and yet went unnoticed for days.
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 17, 2018
From my own investigation the person who killed the lady didn't check out, and I don't feel d boyfriend is in connection to d death of the lady....why will a boyfriend lodge u in an hotel.....

But its negligence on d hotel management part
1. No cctv camera

2. No cleaners for daily cleaning? What we watch on Hollywood movies are not film trick most are real when it comes to managing of hotel

3. The receptionists are not vigilant

4. Is the hotel so big that the management can't employ workers that it was a gusts that had to discover such a matter, ,,,its annoying

Go to other country's to set up a hotel, ,,,the way they go take access you and the numbers of workers you go need, ,,,u go run from hotel business

But here in nigeria who get small change don run go open hotel....maintenance is zero, employ workers and pay well THEY WILL NOT. Instead they will emply 2 workers in 100 bedroom.

Only receptionist go do waiter,security, cleaner and butler

NIGERIA IS COMPLETELY A LAWLESS COUNTRY

6 Likes

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by omoteacher(m): 10:57am On Dec 17, 2018
shocked shocked shocked

Maybe the hotel doesn't have much patronage,atleast each cabin needs to be check and cleaned routinely every day or immediately client leaves.

1 Like

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by dingbang(m): 10:59am On Dec 17, 2018
Thats why its not good to be the boyfriend. Being a side boyfriend rocks.

1 Like

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by davodyguy: 10:59am On Dec 17, 2018
these useless boys

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Drags Her Pastor To Court For Raping Her Daughter For 3 Years In Lagos / Lady Was Killed On Her Farm In Imo As Women Storm Police Station. Graphic / Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.