Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested (32353 Views)

Ugochukwu Nworie Tied & Gang-Raped In Ebonyi Hotel, 12 Condoms Recovered / Germany-Based Man Dies In Ebonyi Hotel, Dressed As A Ritualist (Graphic) / Lightning Kills Germany Returnee In Ebonyi Hotel Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Harrynight(m): 11:03am On Dec 17, 2018
Women. Practically goes to a hotel with uncountable number of boyfriends undecided

My point;

Uchenna Awoke might be innocent after all
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Originalsly: 11:09am On Dec 17, 2018
Very good for the police to arrest the entire staff. There is no law that they have to check the room when a guest is leaving.... that's management's call to make sure clients don't steal or damage the property. But for a decomposing body not be detected is wayyy past negligence...... do they ever walk by the rooms? A warning to those who visit hotels...... be prepared to be the inspector and cleaner if you cherish your health.
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by ofiko123(m): 11:14am On Dec 17, 2018
Bad, very bad...
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by nickxtra(m): 11:22am On Dec 17, 2018
DavidEsq:
What does the police officer mean by "the whole thing" is a result of negligence of the hotel management?
Is the murder of the girl as a result of the negligence of the hotel or the discovery of the murder?
All these police with their wide mouth angry
The corpse was already decaying which means she was killed hours or days before it was discovered. The question is the room not supposed to be serviced or cleaned every morning? Why was this not done? Is there a conspiracy here? The police must Investigate the death very well.
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Reference(m): 11:28am On Dec 17, 2018
Serial lapses and failure all around by all parties concerned but this is not best practice by the police to have everyone arrested and taken to the station for 'interrogation'. Why can't the police conduct a preliminary on the spot assessment of the situation and then invite only those of specific interest for further query... as is done normally.
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by 1miccza: 11:28am On Dec 17, 2018
NOC1:

say this prayer now.
Dear Lord please give me wisdom to read and understand and grant me the patience to complete a story before airing my opinion. oya go ahead and pray, speak in tongues if you can.

The police was only saying the Hotel management should have found the Corpse before this time, it is expected for hotels to tactically check their rooms everyday.

A whole lot of people do not read at all honestly

1 Like

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Reference(m): 11:42am On Dec 17, 2018
Originalsly:
Very good for the police to arrest the entire staff. There is no law that they have to check the room when a guest is leaving.... that's management's call to make sure clients don't steal or damage the property. But for a decomposing body not be detected is wayyy past negligence...... do they ever walk by the rooms? A warning to those who visit hotels...... be prepared to be the inspector and cleaner if you cherish your health.

This is absolutely wrong. Negligence in the course of non lethal, non dangerous duty is not a criminal offence. You cannot be criminally charged for not reporting a crime you were not aware off. There is no law in the land that requires hotels to check the rooms of their guests to find out if they are alive.

Some hotels can place 'wake up' or reminder calls but this is on request. On the other hand a number of guests will turn up the 'donot disturb' sign on the door and inform the front desk likewise. Sometimes when I pass the weekend in hotels due to scheduling issues I disappear on Friday and emerge on Monday save for room service. Its not their business and I don't like disturbance.

1 Like

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by sisisioge: 11:46am On Dec 17, 2018
So hotel didn't try to clean the room or do the daily checkout checkin reconciliation? Biko arrest them all!
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by moorevic(m): 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2018
Abudu2000:
so if one plans to be with 10 ppl he or she has to check out 10X, the way children done flood Nairaland Is so annoying,
The receptionist is expected to call the room if the guest came with a second. So the police is right on the part of negligence from management.
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Ategberoson(m): 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
Abudu2000:
so if one plans to be with 10 ppl he or she has to check out 10X, the way children done flood Nairaland Is so annoying,

you are the kid here. what sorts of example Is 10 people checking in

how can u compare two people checking in with 10. very dumb instances
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Seandisputed(m): 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
Triangles1:
Igbo kwenu. Namdi and him guys they top chat this days. Imagine this issue happen toYoruba community. You will see different post, brown roof, Yahoo Yahoo, afonjas skull miner, forgotten that no Religion or tribes free of crime, that name Igbo need to be change from Weed a.k.a Igbo to egohunger or Ndibgo bcs that Igbo/weed they intoxicate and it make you guys to do anything for money. My opinions ohhhhhh.

And you think you have sense ba yi?
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Abagworo(m): 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2018
The management is highly culpable. They can't claim to have left a room with guests unattended for days whereas it is typical of hotels to do daily routine clean up by 12 pm.
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Abudu2000(m): 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
Ategberoson:

you are the kid here. what sorts of example Is 10 people checking in

how can u compare two people checking in with 10. very dumb instances
wow
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by adedayourt(m): 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2018
chendstone01:
This hotel people no dey clean their rooms when person check out

For a corpse to av decompose n started stinking

1 Like

Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 17, 2018
So the hotel no get cleaners wey dey enter dey clean the room? How a corpse go jus dey rot inside a hotel room for days? Hm na wah. Anyway may she RIp.
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by chris51(f): 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2018
When guests check out of hotel rooms, the chamber maids do thorough clean up of the room. All beddings and towels must be changed for the next guests.

If management had done their work, the body could have been found immediately the room was no longer occupied.

This is the negligence on the part of the management

May be the lady could have been found alive, if management had not been negligent
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Originalsly: 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2018
Reference:

This is absolutely wrong. Negligence in the course of non lethal, non dangerous duty is not a criminal offence. You cannot be criminally charged for not reporting a crime you were not aware off. There is no law in the land that requires hotels to check the rooms of their guests to find out if they are alive.

Some hotels can place 'wake up' or reminder calls but this is on request. On the other hand a number of guests will turn up the 'donot disturb' sign on the door and inform the front desk likewise. Sometimes when I pass the weekend in hotels due to scheduling issues I disappear on Friday and emerge on Monday save for room service. Its not their business and I don't like disturbance.

Being arrested and being charged are not the same. My comment was about the staff being arrested. On checking hotel rooms.... I said there is no law requiring rooms to be checked...guess you missed it. Check or check not... how can none of the staff's attention be drawn to the stench of a decomposing body?...such stench cannot be kept local. That's beyond negligence.
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by CyberWolf: 1:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
And na current senator get that hotel oo .. Chairman senate committee on sports, Senator Obinna Ogba
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by DavidEsq(m): 1:29pm On Dec 17, 2018
NOC1:

say this prayer now.
Dear Lord please give me wisdom to read and understand and grant me the patience to complete a story before airing my opinion. oya go ahead and pray, speak in tongues if you can.

The police was only saying the Hotel management should have found the Corpse before this time, it is expected for hotels to tactically check their rooms everyday.
If that statement were made in a court room trial, the policeman would be in trouble. the words: "the whole thing" suggests clearly that both the murder and the late discovery were as a result of the negligence of the hotel management. Irrespective of wat he may have meant, as different from his subsequent statement: that they ought to have discovered the corpse at the earliest possible moment, does not erode the implications of his earlier statement on "the whole thing", rather than "one thing". This is because this same statement of "The whole thing" could find its way into the police report and same would mean that the hotelier's act or omission led to her death, rather than "the late discover of her death". That being said, I sincerely hope u b at at receiving end of such police misyarns, then u go know say police fit turn bear to deer, without magic. Besides, "speaking in tongues is not meant for praying( 1 Corinthians 14:14-15-"For if I am praying in a tongue, it is my gift of the spirit that is praying, but my mind is unproductive. 15 What is to be done, then? I will pray with the gift of the spirit, but I will also pray with my mind. I will sing praise with the gift of the spirit, but I will also sing praise with my mind"wink. It is meant for preaching (Acts 2:4-11 "and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak in different languages, just as the spirit enabled them to speak. 5 At that time devout Jews from every nation under heaven were staying in Jerusalem. 6 So when this sound occurred, a crowd gathered and was bewildered, because each one heard them speaking in his own language. 7 Indeed, they were utterly amazed and said: “See here, all these who are speaking are Gal·i·leʹans, are they not? 8 How is it, then, that each one of us is hearing his own native language? 9 Parʹthi·ans, Medes, and Eʹlam·ites, the inhabitants of Mes·o·po·taʹmi·a, Ju·deʹa and Cap·pa·doʹci·a, Ponʹtus and the province of Asia, 10 Phrygʹi·a and Pam·phylʹi·a, Egypt and the regions of Libʹy·a near Cy·reʹne, sojourners from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, 11 Creʹtans, and Arabians—we hear them speaking in our languages about the magnificent things of God"wink.
CC: nickxtra, jahbiz
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by nickxtra(m): 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2018
DavidEsq:

If that statement were made in a court room trial, the policeman would be in trouble. the words: "the whole thing" suggests clearly that both the murder and the late discovery were as a result of the negligence of the hotel management. Irrespective of wat he may have meant, as different from his subsequent statement: that they ought to have discovered the corpse at the earliest possible moment, does not erode the implications of his earlier statement on "the whole thing", rather than "one thing". This is because this same statement of "The whole thing" could find its way into the police report and same would mean that the hotelier's act or omission led to her death, rather than "the late discover of her death". That being said, I sincerely hope u b at at receiving end of such police misyarns, then u go know say police fit turn bear to deer, without magic. Besides, "speaking in tongues is not meant for praying( 1 Corinthians 14:14-15-"For if I am praying in a tongue, it is my gift of the spirit that is praying, but my mind is unproductive. 15 What is to be done, then? I will pray with the gift of the spirit, but I will also pray with my mind. I will sing praise with the gift of the spirit, but I will also sing praise with my mind"wink. It is meant for preaching (Acts 2:4-11 "and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak in different languages, just as the spirit enabled them to speak. 5 At that time devout Jews from every nation under heaven were staying in Jerusalem. 6 So when this sound occurred, a crowd gathered and was bewildered, because each one heard them speaking in his own language. 7 Indeed, they were utterly amazed and said: “See here, all these who are speaking are Gal·i·leʹans, are they not? 8 How is it, then, that each one of us is hearing his own native language? 9 Parʹthi·ans, Medes, and Eʹlam·ites, the inhabitants of Mes·o·po·taʹmi·a, Ju·deʹa and Cap·pa·doʹci·a, Ponʹtus and the province of Asia, 10 Phrygʹi·a and Pam·phylʹi·a, Egypt and the regions of Libʹy·a near Cy·reʹne, sojourners from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, 11 Creʹtans, and Arabians—we hear them speaking in our languages about the magnificent things of God"wink.
CC: nickxtra, jahbiz
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by anonymuz(m): 3:17pm On Dec 17, 2018
Abudu2000:
read well before writing something... I said I 'thought' so you can tell me if I'm wrong.
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by mfm04622: 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2018
DavidEsq:
What does the police officer mean by "the whole thing" is a result of negligence of the hotel management?
Is the murder of the girl as a result of the negligence of the hotel or the discovery of the murder?
All these police with their wide mouth angry

The corpse has started smelling before it was discovered by a client! Is that not negligence?
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by aca77: 5:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
CyberWolf:
And na current senator get that hotel oo .. Chairman senate committee on sports, Senator Obinna Ogba

Are you sure? I thought his hotel is called Salt Lake?
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by Effico5real(m): 6:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
NOC1:

say this prayer now.

funny person
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by CyberWolf: 6:53pm On Dec 17, 2018
aca77:

Are you sure? I thought his hotel is called Salt Lake?
He is the owner of Crown Garden Hotel
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by DavidEsq(m): 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2018
mfm04622:

The corpse has started smelling before it was discovered by a client! Is that not negligence?
Chai! Buhari why have u infected our yoots with ur dullardness?
Misiter man. Nwokem, jus lisiten kiafully, inugo?
Does the negligence of the hotel in discovering the corpse on time, amount to wat could have caused her death? The police said so. Inugo? Now dis is wat the police said: "the whole thing was caused by the negligence of the hotel management".
Havu u hear? Inugo?
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by mfm04622: 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2018
DavidEsq:

Chai! Buhari why have u infected our yoots with ur dullardness?
Misiter man. Nwokem, jus lisiten kiafully, inugo?
Does the negligence of the hotel in discovering the corpse on time, amount to wat could have caused her death? The police said so. Inugo? Now dis is wat the police said: "the whole thing was caused by the negligence of the hotel management".
Havu u hear? Inugo?

I am no longer a youth!
No need to insult! You don't have to insult to pass across your message.
The hotel did not contribute to her death. Their negligence contributed to the difficulty in knowing her killers! Did the statement "the whole thing refer specifically to her death"? Don't you think the Police are referring to the negligence that resulted in the corpse being discovered DAYS after the death of the lady? Why would it be a guest that would raise alarm? While workers have been in that place everyday and didn't realise a corpse was smelling in their hotel?
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by DavidEsq(m): 10:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
mfm04622:

I am no longer a youth!
No need to insult! You don't have to insult to pass across your message.
The hotel did not contribute to her death. Their negligence contributed to the difficulty in knowing her killers! Did the statement "the whole thing refer specifically to her death"? Don't you think the Police are referring to the negligence that resulted in the corpse being discovered DAYS after the death of the lady? Why would it be a guest that would raise alarm? While workers have been in that place everyday and didn't realise a corpse was smelling in their hotel?
Oga it's not my duty to think for the police. It's their duty to make proper statements. U never suffer from police misyarns before, nai make u dey talk like dis. If I showed u a report from the police affecting one my clients, u wld understand why I got so mad with their "the whole thing" talk.
Police dey misyarn and dats it. If u no gree now, don't wori in the nearest future ur eye fit clear and u go gree las las.
Besides, I didn't insult u, na buhari name I call. Abi u and Buhari dey shat d same village an papa name?
Re: Woman Found Dead In Ebonyi Hotel Room And Her Boyfriend Have Been Arrested by DavidEsq(m): 10:22pm On Dec 17, 2018
NOC1:

say this prayer now.

Which one be tactically again? See a the word dey sweet u; abi u newly discover am? Dem for kukuma tactically manoeuvre into the room na

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Drags Her Pastor To Court For Raping Her Daughter For 3 Years In Lagos / Lady Was Killed On Her Farm In Imo As Women Storm Police Station. Graphic / Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.