Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

The Story Behind My Weight Loss Journey - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Story Behind My Weight Loss Journey (342 Views)

#justiceforchidubem: Tina Ogbonnaya Narrates Her Side Of The Story (Video) / 'I Used To Be Bullied'- Very Fat Man Shares His Shocking Weight Loss Journey(pi / Lady Shares Her Amazing Weight Loss Journey From 330 Pounds Up To 120 Down(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Story Behind My Weight Loss Journey by Theladysroom: 11:57am On Dec 17, 2018
I returned to Lagos and right in the airport, I saw myself in the mirror and just started to cry. Something about Lagos just makes you very self-conscious. I got home, and my usually conservative sister exclaimed very loudly when she saw me. My cousin too. I tried to sell them the lie I had always believed that it was because I was breastfeeding, but they shut me down. They told me this was lack of discipline.

It hurt me but at the same time gave me the courage to look myself in the mirror and tell myself a few hard truths…

It hurt me but at the same time gave me the courage to look myself in the mirror and tell myself a few hard truths…

1. Girl, you better get your groove back!
Challenge accepted. It was a deal with myself, though I also wanted to get back at people who had said I could never revert to the old me. That fateful Thursday evening, Sept 3, 2015, I locked myself in the room tied a wrapper across my neck cos I didn’t have any workout wears and skipped 600 times. The next day, 800. By day 3, I had done 1000 skips. I was desperate, passionate, but not very wise. So, while I excelled in the workout department, my meals were off. First, I would try to starve, then be so hungry and overeat. Or I would make the mistake of thinking that since something was healthy, I could eat a lot. So, I ate nuts in crazy portions, chunks of fried chicken and fish, etc.
Read full Article <<https://theladysroom.ng/the-story-behind-my-weight-loss-journey/

Re: The Story Behind My Weight Loss Journey by madone: 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
Lol. grin u returned from where na. Togo, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, ajegunle. Or u just drive to airport and came back home

(1) (Reply)

Sprained Wrist.. How To Heal Fast / My Vagina My Pride / VIDEO: Young Girl In Texas Takes Police Vows To Fight 'bad Guys' Cancer In Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.