Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' (35121 Views)

This Is How To Dress For Your Husband, Even When You're Nursing A Baby / My Husband Keeps Looking At Other Women, Winks At My Friends / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by Bighead95(m): 12:13am On Dec 18, 2018
OMG they have turned this religion into something else, I thought Mohammed (pbuh) said you must do what you can accept to others. so I think they should approve women getting married to any other man. Because since the wife has 25percent of the husband I think it should be vise versa
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by MurphyG1(m): 12:18am On Dec 18, 2018
I really don't see the need for this argument.

Point of correction to you all non muslims out there. It is not the Quran that allows muslims to marry more than one woman, it is Allah - the Almighty, All Wise!

Allah has given the opportunity for a Muslim man to marry upto 4 women. This is what brings about the 25% ownership of the man by each woman as said by the Cleric.

He was only advising that Muslim women should realize that their husbands can take upto 4 wives as allowed in Islam and as such should accept that (if their husbands wish to take another) and live in harmony with them.

Allah did NOT given women such privilege to marry more than one man at a time. So please STOP comparing men and women and expect them to enjoy same privileges in marriage.

Marriage in Islam is more about responsibilities and not sex as most of you think. A man may wish to marry a woman for so many reasons and it could be (like a brother mentioned above) because of the circumstances or situation the woman is (e.g widow with children).

Remember, Allah is All knowing and All Wise. He knew the population of women will triple that of men at a time like this that's why he gave that privilege to men. Probably to prevent baby mamas, fornication, abortion, adultery, woman reaching menopause because no husband etc as being experienced today.
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by Aboks(m): 12:25am On Dec 18, 2018
LuciferGospel:
Islam the religion of preeqs.

grin grin
LOL

Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by RonJeremy: 1:48am On Dec 18, 2018
Correct imam
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by spydes: 1:56am On Dec 18, 2018
On a codeine diet..
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by Princezibk: 2:35am On Dec 18, 2018
Spot on.... nonsense talk
solutionmi:
lol

since men can marry more than one woman, women should be allow to marry more than one husband.

1 Like

Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by Princezibk: 2:38am On Dec 18, 2018
Just feel like stoning this adulterous �
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by pedrilo: 7:31am On Dec 18, 2018
I am a man but i say dis alfa is a stewpeed person.
Any religion or doctrine that subjugates the right of any human being is also a stewpeed one
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by OkunrinOloro: 7:48am On Dec 18, 2018
A mentally unstable carpenter who preachd love and forgiveness?
A mentally unstable carpenter who forgave his enemies?
If you're looking for mental instability or lack of brain power, stand in front of a mirror. The ugly face face you see staring back at you is your answer.

Curtisaxel7:

The same reason why you take what a racist and mentally unstable Jewish carpenter wrote as absolute truth. grin.

All religion is scam!
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by Tbaby4real(f): 8:09am On Dec 18, 2018
Friend01:

Responsibility is greatly emphasized in the Shari'ah as it based one's carrying capacity.
A man carrying more what he can is injustice which Allāh has warned us severely against.
I agree with your opinion to an extent, but not to the extent of equating both a known fornicator to one who wishes to avoid it despite his financial incapability knowing Allah will provide with extra hard work.

The few or maybe many examples you are willing to cite does not still give room for us to just throw polygynous marriages out as an option.
A man maybe facing a temporal financial challenge does not mean it will last forever.
If he seeks assistance in taking care of his family there is nothing wrong in that ,if you know your are capable of helping not shaming him.
I also have an uncle who had somewhat similar experience like what you just narrated, but he was able to pull through and almost all is children are well to do now.
I have always had this problem of people comparing themselves with the Joneses.
Everyone has its own path he has been destined to thread willy nilly we just have to understand this and cut away this yardstick.

This life as you know is so complex that the one who is rich today might become poor and the poor might become rich and the cycle continues.
I as a Muslim I do not see anything wrong in having more wives if your intention is to avoid adultery or help a lady in need -depending on the situation if you know your can shoulder such responsibilities because you believe Allāh t is the one that enriches not humans.

And also know that no matterour human calculations no matter how close our permutation maybe ,but there is one thing for sure which is : you can't tell the outcome of your plans when it comes who might make it and who might not.

I agree with the fact that only God knows the results of our plan but that’s not to say not to plan at all. I don’t believe in miracle without work. I believe God is a merciful God that answer prayers of hard worker. The fact that I believe in His mercy does not justify me taken more responsibility that realistically I could not afford it the name of God will do it. I do not believe in a delusional way of waiting for mercy.

In as much as I know a lot of people might go through financial challenges one way of the other in their life time, I think some people create the situation themselves. It’s not fair to blackmail people emotionally for them to help you in a situation you created by yourself. You want to help a sister? Why don’t you help yourself first and keep your pants closed by telling yourself the truth about your situation. For someone that is still struggling with his current situations and believe helping a sister on the street will make it a different, to me that is the highest irresponsibility.

Also, it depends on what you mean by they are ‘living well’. You could just talk about your own story and allow those in it to tell theirs as you will never see the true picture from afar.

I believe things will get better in Nigeria if people talk about men responsibility in their marriage the way they talk about this polygamy thing. We end up where we are today cos we ignore the social problems we have. How do we end up with irresponsible men, emotional unavailable men and violence men, to mention but few. If they are all raised in an healthy relationship where LOVE is the corner stone of the family.
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by Sqwa: 8:12am On Dec 18, 2018
https://www.facebook.com/imediatv.tv/videos/517419172111595/

We should learn to find out the truth, the media will only tell us what they want us to hear.
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by ksbusari(m): 8:29am On Dec 18, 2018
Omudia11:
Idiot. Who was more powerful than Jesus Christ? John the Baptist, Apostle Paul and all the other apostles, how many wives did they have? Joseph the father of Jesus had how many wives ? Mumu!
Ur father is an idiot. that's y Ur father keeps chasing everything under skirt just because Ur foolish doctrine doesn't permit marrying more than one wife. tell me where it is stated in ur Bible to nt marry more than wife. fool.
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by Friend01(m): 8:31am On Dec 18, 2018
Tbaby4real:

I agree with the fat that only God knows the results of our plan but that’s not to say not to plan at all. I don’t believe in miracle without work. I believe God is a merciful God that answer prayers of hard worker. The fact that I believe in His mercy does not justify me taken more responsibility that realistically I could not afford it the name of God will do it. I do not believe in a delusional way of waiting for mercy.

In as much as I know a lot of people might go through financial challenges one way of the other in their life time, I think some people create the situation themselves. It’s not fair to blackmail people emotionally for them to help you in a situation you created by yourself. You want to help a sister? What don’t you help yourself first and keep your pants closed by telling yourself the truth about your situation. For someone that is still struggling with his current situations and believe helping a sister on the street will make it a different, to me that is the highest responsibility.

Also, it depends on what you mean by they are ‘living well’. You could just talk about your own story and allow those in it to tell theirs as you will never see the true picture from afar.

I believe things will get better in Nigeria if people talk about men responsibility in their marriage the way they talk about this polygamy thing. We end up where we are today cos we ignore the social problems we are have. How do we end up with irresponsible men, emotional unavailable men and violence men, to mention but few. If they are all raised in an healthy relationship where LOVE is the corner stone of the family.

My sister, I don't know who you are or where you are from,but one thing I surely know is I don't subscribe to the standard or definition of "living well" by some group of persons who. are not guided by the book of Allāh.
The definition of 'living well' mean different thing to different people.
If some people are contented with having just a bicycle and considers it as living well who am I to impose my own standard on such individual.

My argument here is not to make you accept my position,far from it. All I am saying is, everyone can live according to the standard of their environment and what they deem affordable.
For instance, I can't compare the living standard let's say someone who lives in VI to another person who lives in Okoko Maiko. They may be in the same state but their standards are different.
Similarly, we don't go around comparing people according to our blinkered view of life and hold it as a THE standard for all.

As for the responsibility aspect, I think I have said more than enough no need stretching this argument sis. My argument still remain what it is, you are not a man like the Ustādh asserts ,and you don't know what some if not most of us are going through just to keep our heads above water.

Let's leave it here. I appreciate your efforts in trying to make me see other perspectives of life.
And I hope and pray things look up for the better for anyone who intends to marry more with the little he has.

1 Like

Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by Sqwa: 8:52am On Dec 18, 2018
THIS POLYGAMY THING!
By
Ustaz (Dr) Abdulfattah Adeyemi
(www.abdulfattahadeyemi.com)

Women are plenteously single. Many are perplexed, galore ignored. Lonely in fears, waiting in tears. Some women are hurt by the thorns that life hurls on their paths: hearts bleeding, self-worth spilling. Screaming soundlessly to the mirror; crying silently to their pillows. Such singles have to wait much longer than their biological needs can withstand. The call of nature sounds louder as their biological clocks tick on and on.

Some others have suffered from devastating disappointments from previous relationships, or from a traumatizing sexual abuse, stigmatizing illness or embarrassing physical defect. Some are looking for financial stability, acceptable suitor, or compatible prospective spouse. Those divorced get stuck in the mess of separation and lost their glow in life. Loneliness has afflicted them with broken hearts that won’t stop bleeding.

The trauma of bereavement and contingent isolation increase the likelihood of widows suffering from depressions that are not unconnected with grieve and loneliness. It is not her fault that the wind blew her husband’s eyes shut in a sweep of sleep as if living was only a dream. Is it not remarriage that could blur up the vivid memory of the sad loss from her mind, and reconfigure her psyche to absorb the sunlight of a new knot which is meant to cheer her up?

Whether a woman is married or single, pain, fear, disappointment, frustration, anguish, sadness, despair and the dire need for companionship are still parts of human conditions. From time to time, we all shall experience whatever our Creator brings our path by way of trial. The difference may only be in degrees, sources and sorts.

However, on the mention of “polygamy”, some other women would readily be flexing and stressing, as they brandish brooms and slippers at anyone who indicates it near their hubbies. Amongst women also are those whose psychologies refuse polygamy, whose philosophies prohibit it. It is as unimaginable as it is impossible. They won’t be the second, third or fourth. They would neither be the first nor the best. They would not share their husbands with co-wives, and they have no capacities to portion what they consider theirs a hundred per cent. These women have every right and freedom to feel the way they do, and they are as entitled to their positions as much as those who see polygamy as a Divine way of addressing humanistic challenges and solving their personal problems.

On the other hand, some men can’t even imagine keeping up with more than one woman; staying married to only one is okay for them. It is their choice. The revealed writ allows men to have up to and not more than four wives but with terms, conditions and exceptions. Even with this, there are those men who can but wouldn’t, and there are those who can’t but would. Some should not and some must not. It is not an excuse for immorality, injustice or wanton oppression. It is a call to humanism for men who can and should.

What we should understand is that husbands are not to be shared like Wi-Fi, and polygamy is not a secret endeavour. It can only be practiced strictly within the context of marriage, with mutuality and maturity.

Polygamy is not a kid’s stuff. It is a Divine provision, not a compulsory injunction. It is strictly for those that are able, willing, and whose circumstances predispose them to opt for it.

Even with these said, those who want it would applaud it. Those who need it would practice it. Those who hate it would condemn it. Those who are twofaced would pretend not to hear, and those who are indifferent would just shrug it off.

Polygamy is a belief issue mixed with emotions and a high level of responsibility. It has been instituted by the Almighty so that no woman is left out in the cold. There is no need to vent, rant, misunderstand, or “PUNCH” anybody about it. May God forgive us all.

(Please share and read more at: www.abdulfattahadeyemi.com)
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by hayzed1090: 11:08am On Dec 18, 2018
maasoap:

Don't say what you don't know. Go to Saudi Arabia, UAE, or any other Islamic country, you'll have better understanding of how they treat women, you can read it up too instead of this stupid belief of yours. Islam protects women more than you could ever imagine!

Are u minding dose daft idiotic hypocrites ... I bet u most of dem are even advocate of fornication and adultery

1 Like

Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by maasoap(m): 1:04pm On Dec 18, 2018
Omudia11:
Yes, it protects women by beating them and restricting them from driving and their right to free speech and movement.

Subhuanallah
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by Yoighaman(m): 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
Omudia11:
They dare not declare them "wives" in the west. The worst they can do is lie to the government that those women are their cousins when they're actually their wives.

Meaning the whites who brought religion to us have since enacted laws to repeal relevant sections of the holy books while we who were given them to, still carry them on our heads.....what an irony....

1 Like

Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 18, 2018
Bossontop:
undecided
You can imagine why 1 pesin wey neva even feed himself finish go get 4 wives and 32 children.....it really is unfortunate

you can imagine someone has a wife and 32 concubines
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
kestolove95:
Allahu Akbar, you are ryt sir
salaam alaykum
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by bukatyne(f): 11:45pm On Dec 18, 2018
ksbusari:
check inside your Bible and tell me a powerful man named in the Bible with one wife.
The Bible has the record of only Adam having just one wife.
hypocrites

The Bible recorded what they did. It is not a license to do same.

A woman also had five husbands co-hating with the sixth one, should we start marrying five husbands?

The Bible and Quran are world's apart biko.
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by ksbusari(m): 8:33am On Dec 19, 2018
bukatyne:

A woman also had five husbands co-hating with the sixth one, should we start marrying five husbands?

That's y you are easily misled. Bible is a record of what happened and is there no commandment?
Quran recorded events that led to how we live our lives and also contains commandments . biko
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by jakandeola(m): 10:16pm On Dec 24, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Same here likewise.
Adios.

As for your earlier mention you type like as if women do not work and are not financially capable or survive without men.
Since polygamy is the solution how well have the men with more than one wife including the widows have the able to cater for all the women and children if not through street begging which is mostly done by the children who ought to be in school.These men and women deny their responsibilities and heap it on their children and continue to breed like chickens.
animal
Re: Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' by jakandeola(m): 10:17pm On Dec 24, 2018
bukatyne:

Hmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents / Save Me From Entitled Inlaws / Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.