Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,261 members, 7,822,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Painful Gain - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Painful Gain (265 Views)

4 Painful Truths About Life That No One Will Tell You / Painful Exit; Asup Chairman of Delta Polytechnic Ozoro in a fatal motor accident / What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Painful Gain by BalogunIdowu(m): 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2018
Kunle now feels very much better and it was time to leave Nurse Yemi's home. He was was full with appreciation to the entire family, gave them his contact and ascertained them that his home is a welcome place to them at any time. Wale is now a good friend to kunle, and he shares how Bukola's is so much interested in knowing where he was. He also gave him her contact and the letter of appointment for his friend to come and resume work which is indeed himself! Kunle explained all the matter to Wale including the fact that he had falling in love with Bukola. Wale said to him jokingly "hey Bukky baby, I am the disguised thief that used to come to your home, helping your siblings with their school work and the same person you have seemed to like. Forgive me, do you still love me". Oh stop that Wale, "I can never tell her that, what if she tells her father, how will she even ascertain that I am the same person that visits their home, her interest and love for me might just melt away at once! Seriously, I am in a dilemma, I just hope things will go fine but definitely I'll have tachycardia every single time I set my eyes on her..." He continues to say as their chat continues. It is a Friday evening, so they all decided to see him off to his house in nurse Yemi's car. "Please can you permit Wale spending a day here with me" Kunle asked her and she likewise referred the question to Wale. He wasted no time in nodding to affirm he'd love to stay after which she and Funke left not without warning him sternly to be of good behaviour and display the courtesy of a visitor. They all smiled as she heads for the gate with her sister.

His only companion at home, Aboki Suleiman the gateman was not around when he returned. He had called him just few days when he started getting better to go for a break with his family. Thinking he had been given a sack notification, he begged oga (boss) over the phone but Kunle explained that he was busy and will take few weeks before he would return home then which calmed the clown gateman down. With the help of Wale, they were able to do some cleaning themselves and thereafter called the service of home cleaners to complete their work. Wale was supposed to return on Saturday but could not due to little help he felt he could still render before leaving. He helped visit the market and mall to get some things and run other few errands. Kunle couldn't be more grateful for the assistance rendered by him, he thanked him and they discussed more personal issues. Once before going far in their discuss, his phone has been switched off all the while after speaking with Aboki Suleiman. He put it on right away and put a call through to his mother without further delay. It was almost an immediate response from his siblings speaking happily "brother Ajasa, brother Ajasa, brother Ajasa! How are you? What happened to you? Everyone especially Mama as been worried about you; did you travel out?..." They continued to rant. Kunle doesn't even know where to start from with their one in a million questions, he just said "we'll talk later guys, get the phone to mama" which they complied but she was deep in sleep and asked them not to disturb her. The love, connection and bond between a mother and child made her jump off the bed from her sleep and called out "Gbolade, Ayomide, is that Ajasa? Bring the phone, ha! omo mi o (my son)". She begins the million questions game without giving him chance to answer one before another. Kunle patiently allowed her to finish and gave responses as adequate as possible and of course you wouldn't expect him to tell her the truth of what actually happened when she is oblivious of what kind of work he does in true sense.

She finally asked, "hope your brother, Ajadi, is with you there? Give him the phone let me speak to omo mama Ajasa (Mama Ajasa's son)" and kunle was left mesmerized for few seconds only to ask his mum "is Ajadi in Lagos? I haven't set my eyes on him at all not to talk of handing the phone to him". This put mama Ajasa in dismay telling his son "your brother has left here in more than two weeks, and we have only spoken about two to three times because he lost his mobile phone. I was the one that urged him to come down there since we couldn't reach or hear anything from you in weeks. He is in Aja area of Lagos, he said you once mentioned to him that but I cannot reach him except he finds a phone to call me. He doesn't even have any money on him except the few thousands we sent to him last week after reaching us with the number of a bank security official. We sent it through the the security man's account because he's properties were robbed and has his ATM therein.
His mother continued to speak on what has happened in the past weeks and how will he help to locate his brother. He promised to look into that as soon as possible but won't involve the police in the matter. They went on to speak for almost an hour before the call was put to an end and he sighed thinking of all he had put his mother and brother through all those weeks. He informed Wale about the situation of things, he also called Aboki Suleiman to resume work the next day as he would be starting his new job as well. He drove Wale to his home branching to check on his businesses, he was much delighted to see that those in charge even when they couldn't hear from him put things in order. They both went to a shopping mall to get some stuffs for his family, and there he saw a child with a very familiar face with her friends or siblings. He goes to them and and greeted them and went to the girl and asked "are you Shalewa Badmus?". She replied smiling, "no I am not, I am Atinuke Badmus, Shalewa is my cousin and she didn't come out with us today because of the mood she woke up with earlier today, probably the gruesome memory of what happened in their home..." tears begin to flow down her cheeks as she continues to speak. "It's okay, please stop" said Kunle. Tell her you met Ajasa and he asked after her. He bought some stuffs for her and her siblings at the store but they wouldn't take it because they don't know him. But he at least begged them to take for Shalewa and dropped Wale's number with them instead of his which Wale was aware of and thanked them and he left dropping Wale at his sister's place.

It was Monday morning and Kunle is dressed in a white well dry cleaned shirt, his pair of blue trousers are shining new, his pair of shoes are shining brown that matched his belt and socks. He was off into his car to the multi million company in the heart of Ikoyi. He was smart however, he used a car park not too far from the company and walked down there meeting the security officials. Hello sir, I just got a job offer here can you kindly direct me to the office of the manager. While he receives direction from the man, an all black G-wagon moved through the gate and the securities all greeted "morning sir, morning ma" and a gentle deep voice replied "how are you all doing this morning? hope your families are doing great? Okay, lets begin this week with..." The security men all completed his statements saying "...greatness in our hearts!". The man attending to Kunle whispered to him gently, "that is the CEO of this company reffered to as 'chief' and his daughter beside him Bukola. "Very nice man, to his family, staffs and those around him. But you know, there are always people fighting to get a fortune they don't deserve even in their dreams and they keep doing all to get it. God will expose all of them! I shouldn't be saying this to you but I am just getting emotional. You should get going before a reversal is made on your job offer" said the man. Kunle went into the beautiful compound and forth into the building. He was welcomed by another security personnel, and was directed to the office of the MD after explaining why he was there. The MB was a young looking man, he welcomed him and asked him to seat. "Good morning Mr Jacobs, Kunle went further explaining the reason why he was there...". "Congratulations on your new job sir, but i am sorry to inform you that i am yet to get a notification about any new employee. I'll suggest you check back later in the week for if you truly are now one of us, I should have received the details" said Mr Jacobs. He was yet to complete his statements when Bukola came in handling some files to the MD and giving him some other information which includes that of a new employee which he was to resume that morning. "Miss Bukola this is the new employee that just reported here this morning" said Mr Jacobs. "Oh great, nice to meet you sir. Kindly follow me to see the CEO after which you'll report back to the MD" she stated. Kunle was breathing heavily seeing Bukola standing as he followed her to see the CEO.

"Good morning Mr Kunle, I am sure you know the illegal route through which you got this job and I could get you arrested at once right away and not get discharged until you fetch out the boy that helped you in securing this job. I am only surprised why my lovely daughter asked me not to bother about the matter and the boy and just let you be. I wonder what he had used on her all the while he came around, is it the help he offered to her siblings or the kindness he has sort of. Anyways a thief is still a thief!" he said out of anger but called himself back after seeing his daughter's face changing? Anyways I am sure you have your documents, do be of good behaviour and of positive value to this company as whole. Bukola will see you through other things, take care and welcome to our company family" chief ended. He thanked chief and left with Bukola smiling at her like someone who just won a jackpot expecting her to give a response but she rather just ask him to get to work and hope to get good remarks about him. She seemed to be under pressure that morning and didn't remember to ask from him if he knows the whereabout of his unseen friend, Kunle.

Ajadi is still in search of his brother, and he still thinks of how wicked people are. "How can they send money through someone and yet he didn't give me in full, referring to the security man at the bank. Life is wicked!" He soliloquized...

IndigenousGenius

To see other episodes, check
https:///P9bbMF-I

(1) (Reply)

Clarendon Fund Scholarships At University Of Oxford 2019 ( Apply Now) / Jamb 2019 Registration Commenced Today. / Please Your Assistance Is Needed Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.