Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family (58986 Views)

3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family / My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. / First Born Like Us, Na Responsibilities Dey Rush Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by 2buffagain(m): 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2018
NoHoper:
SMH

That picture depicts exactly what I'm going through. It's so painful and I'm beginning to really resent my parents. They just churned out kids and are basically expecting that I should be responsible for them.

So in a nut shell, my parents enjoyed their youths: they fell in love, dated, got married and birthed kids. The kids they don't want to be responsible for. Meanwhile, me, I'm not supposed to have any life. Can't even have a decent relationship. I'm just here to slave away.

It will definitely have to stop.

Guy, say "No" and do it without guilt.

Will Jesus have been able to carry out his life work if he allowed parent and sibling wahala to weigh him down? He was the first born too.
In fact, while he was doing the work, his parents and siblings were calling him to "come to them" i.e leave what you are doing and come and cater to us. He ignored them, and even used style to tell them they were not as important as anyone else he was working with.

That's how you do it when these people try to manipulate you into being their slave.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by 2buffagain(m): 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
rhames:

I am a first born and this is just a tenth of what most responsible first born face in families.

You are a first born when you pick up responsibilities of others or put others first before yourself because God has put you in that leadership position not because your family said so.

You are a first born when others achieve their life-long aims and objectives with your sweat and they forget you ever contributed or even chide you for asking for favours.

You are a true first born when you save your siblings from trouble and they dont return such favour and laugh a you when your turn comes up.

You are a true first born when you dont ask any favours from your siblings and only ask your Maker for a way out.

You are a true first born when you siblings hate your gut and sadly cannot do anything about it considering the nature of your position.

You are a true first born when absolute patience and perseverance is your character and dont bother about the shortcuts.

You are a true first born when you are the subject of criticism and jest from every one, especially when your neighbours avoid you especially when you are not rich.

You are a true first born when you achieve your life's aims and objectives long after others as your siblings or those before you dont pray for you to be there.

You are a true first born when you continue to bear these responsibilities even with your meagre income.

You are a true first born male when your female siblings do their possible best to bring you down and you survive their venomous bites.

Finally you are a true first born when you have been ordained by Our Creator, Almighty Go to fulfill your duty destiny and positively impact nd direct your immediate and extended families destiny to new heights.

I am proud to be a first born and that is just part of my unfolding personal experience.

Like for being Created a true first born by God.

Share for reading this as a first born.

I disagree. Read my earlier comment about Jesus and "first bornism".
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by rhames(m): 8:15pm On Dec 19, 2018
2buffagain:

I disagree. Read my earlier comment about Jesus and "first bornism".

These are from experience not hearsay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Resigned From Work In Lagos, Relocated To Abuja To Be With My Girl & Get A Job / Am I Doing Wrong By Supporting My Boyfriend Financially? / My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.