Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family (58907 Views)

3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family / My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. / First Born Like Us, Na Responsibilities Dey Rush Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by lastdon5: 8:46am On Dec 18, 2018
Richdad50:
There is a spiritual weight every firstborn carries. The weight of sin and affliction from their lineage. That is why you see most firstborn go through alot of struggles almost all through life.
God and Satan have special interest in your firstseed. They are the symbol of covenant of a man's generation now and to come. Every firstborn must pray steadfastly until the yoke is broken.
Dear Parents, bless your first seed always and continously. Lay hands on their head and pronouce the promise and blessings of the firstseed on them. If they get it right, every other sibling will fall in line.

#Richdad

I believe all you said 100%, first borns are only symbolic but God don't use firstborns. examples are.
Abel, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph & Benjamin, David etc

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by id4sho(m): 8:47am On Dec 18, 2018
HenryDion:

It is not easy bro.. I thought mine is worse. I'm below 23, but I'm catering for myself in school despite having a father. Sometimes, they do expect money from me, for food and for the upkeep of my little siblings. The weight is just too much.
More grace to you my brother, the Lord will provide for you beyond your expectations.
are you the owner of entmirror?
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 18, 2018
id4sho:

More grace to you my brother, the Lord will provide for you beyond your expectations.
are you the owner of entmirror?

Ohh yes sir
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by MightyFortress: 8:52am On Dec 18, 2018
Richdad50:
There is a spiritual weight every firstborn carries. The weight of sin and affliction from their lineage. That is why you see most firstborn go through alot of struggles almost all through life.
God and Satan have special interest in your firstseed. They are the symbol of covenant of a man's generation now and to come. Every firstborn must pray steadfastly until the yoke is broken.
Dear Parents, bless your first seed always and continously. Lay hands on their head and pronouce the promise and blessings of the firstseed on them. If they get it right, every other sibling will fall in line.

#Richdad

powerful
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Sike(m): 8:53am On Dec 18, 2018
sadly true
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by id4sho(m): 9:00am On Dec 18, 2018
Flickzvill:
I am an only child with a well to do parent but damn my life has been wavy jumping from one sch (university) to anoda and I am a brilliant lad, the pressure on me by my family members is alarming. Sometimes I sit and look at my life buh it's seems Asif I am stuck no much friends just me and myself nd well my gf but still it feels lonely inside my parents don't allow me go out at least to make new friends or chill out they get scared something might happen to me considering the fact they have only me.its not easy being an only child or the first born But God is with me I know
Chairman, calm down .You are all the gat (crystal clear diamond) and do marry in good time and born 3-4 kids so as to calm their nerves
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Flickzvill(m): 9:08am On Dec 18, 2018
HenryDion:

Eyyaa.. Dont blame them though. You will certainly do the same in their shoe. Just love them and stay safe.. You're their all and all.. Just know that.
thank you
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Flickzvill(m): 9:08am On Dec 18, 2018
id4sho:

Chairman, calm down .You are all the gat (crystal clear diamond) and do marry in good time and born 3-4 kids so as to calm their nerves
lolx that's what I am praying for. Thank you
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by menzino(m): 9:11am On Dec 18, 2018
Reference:
G

You folks are too many in that family. Imagine if the 90 million or so women of Nigeria multiply 7 fold in the next generation our population could easily top 1 billion in 50 years. Can we multiply the number of maternity homes 7 fold in that time. Can we multiply 7 fold the number of schools to take care of their offspring. Can we increase power generation to 35,000 megawatts from 5,000 in that time. What about roads, budgets, taxes, etc... because if we can't the only thing sure to rise will be poverty.

Yoi owe it a duty to keep within the 2.5 children limit for sustainability.

You need a direction to my dad's grave? I can send you to him
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Belteshazzar1: 9:28am On Dec 18, 2018
"haha not in all family
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by moonraker(m): 10:24am On Dec 18, 2018
Flickzvill:
I am an only child with a well to do parent but damn my life has been wavy jumping from one sch (university) to anoda and I am a brilliant lad, the pressure on me by my family members is alarming. Sometimes I sit and look at my life buh it's seems Asif I am stuck no much friends just me and myself nd well my gf but still it feels lonely inside my parents don't allow me go out at least to make new friends or chill out they get scared something might happen to me considering the fact they have only me.its not easy being an only child or the first born But God is with me I know

Well its sound like you have it good then.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Flickzvill(m): 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2018
moonraker:

Well its sound like you have it good then.
that's wat you Think it
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Casemiro(m): 1:12pm On Dec 18, 2018
> it is well

e no easy sha
choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Raalsalghul: 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2018
rhames:

Ask about how they got where they are. The firstborn would have contributed something to make them successful.

Not really. Mine were indigent and financially challenged and could not sponsor my JAMB admission back in 94.
Not in my friends' case. Both their firstborns were irresponsible, they realized on time and strove to make something for themselves. However, at the end of the day, I blame it on parents who didn't plan for proper parenthood. Recently, I've noticed that in Nigeria, getting married and having kids is like a reflex action. People don't properly reflect before breeding, no family planning, nothing. At the end of the day when the going gets tough, they push some of their responsibilities to these first borns, which sometimes may hamper their progress in life. It shouldn't be. To me, that's a poverty mentality. Funny thing is that the cycle continues. I know because I have them all around me. People need to have less number of kids in this part of the world. For me max should be two. If I were the president I would make that a law.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Raalsalghul: 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2018
2buffagain:
AFrican parents and to dey born children yakata as if they are exporting them to be someone else's problem i.e first born.

It's not fair some of the burdens these parents try to put on first borns....but then again part of life is learning how to say "No".

My mother always used to try to guilt me into paying for my siblings school fees in America.
I had to correct her very quickly that I have my own children's school fees to plan for.

I stay away from females who say they want anything more than 2 children (3 max by mistake) tells me she is selfish, doesn't think about the consequences of her actions, and is aimlessly just trying to be a house wife aka financial burden to myself and possibly future adult children.

A thinking woman would actually consider the cost of the gbese of all those children and not be seeing them as either her husband's or her first born's problem.

I might not know you. I might never get to meet you, but you forever have my respect. I don't what da fuvk is wrong with african parents. They churn out kids as if in a prize competition and then look for who to place the responsibilities on. Help out your siblings in your little way but not to your detriment. And keep staying away from those slay queens who wants to become a burden. Respect bra!

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Raalsalghul: 8:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
lawman88:

Hmmm. I'm also a first born and my mother make it looked like it is my responsibility to train my siblings. Two of my siblings even insulted me because I don't have money to send to them. I'm doing my master degree without any help from any body. My mother never give me a dime since I have been going to school.
Forgive me in advance, but your mother should be stoned. She wants to heap the consequences of her mistakes on you. Don't allow please. Hope you are also learning from this so as not to churn out kids you can't take care off.

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Raalsalghul: 8:32pm On Dec 18, 2018
HenryDion:

It is not easy bro.. I thought mine is worse. I'm below 23, but I'm catering for myself in school despite having a father. Sometimes, they do expect money from me, for food and for the upkeep of my little siblings. The weight is just too much.
Forgive me bro, but your parents should be stoned also. Hope you are learning from this.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by rhames(m): 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Not in my friends' case. Both their firstborns were irresponsible, they realized on time and strove to make something for themselves. However, at the end of the day, I blame it on parents who didn't plan for proper parenthood. Recently, I've noticed that in Nigeria, getting married and having kids is like a reflex action. People don't properly reflect before breeding, no family planning, nothing. At the end of the day when the going gets tough, they push some of their responsibilities to these firstborns, which sometimes may hamper their progress in life. It shouldn't be. To me, that's a poverty mentality. Funny thing is that the cycle continues. I know because I have them all around me. People need to have less number of kids in this part of the world. For me, max should be two. If I were the president I would make that a law.

sometimes it is because some of our independence and post-independence generations cultivated our parents to an extent that they still believe that they should spoon feed us how to live our respective lives. Our parents resisted change that they viewed wealth acquisition with disdain and some even going to the extent paying marabouts to ensure that their firstborn children don't progress at all or beyond a certain stage in life or even live in the family house, which is usually papa or mama's one-room apartment till the end of days. But for those of us who realized the importance of personal independence along the line, we began to resist their excesses making them understand that change is constant in life. I married at the age of thirty-five when some of my colleagues and friends are expecting their grandkids in order to satisfy my parents that I have a duty to my siblings. Some firstborns don't realize their duties beforehand and some are an outright nuisance which you wish you never had as kids. But I thank the Almighty God I don't fall into that category. You can have as many children as you want on the condition that you can fully provide for them and have the time and convenience to bring them up. You can put a limit to the number of children you want in life but the Almighty God can give you so many and Ordain one particular one for greatness. There are varieties people with so many kids doing well in various walks of life. So no law can stop that when you realize that some of your relations irrespective of religion are polygamists. Understandably we are Africans and no matter our position, we can never run away from our culture and traditions no matter how we pretend to or actually resist it.

I am currently nurturing my kids to see the realities in life very early and they are responding to that positively. The eldest took interest in livestock and poultry, while the younger one wants to be a lawyer. My only daughter wants to be a doctor and that's another two decades of work. The eldest just sold Xmas chicken and made over N150,000 and specifically asked me to spread it between their school fees and shares with our stockbroker.

My take is each child should be made to realize the realities of life early enough to arm them with adequate preparations for the task ahead, instead of putting the whole sack on one person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by oshaosha2014(m): 9:20pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lol
deepwater:
U never jam first born wey no send una
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Raalsalghul: 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2018
rhames:

sometimes it is because some of our independence and post-independence generations cultivated our parents to an extent that they still believe that they should spoon feed us how to live our respective lives. Our parents resisted change that they viewed wealth acquisition with disdain and some even going to the extent paying marabouts to ensure that their firstborn children don't progress at all or beyond a certain stage in life or even live in the family house, which is usually papa or mama's one-room apartment till the end of days. But for those of us who realized the importance of personal independence along the line, we began to resist their excesses making them understand that change is constant in life. I married at the age of thirty-five when some of my colleagues and friends are expecting their grandkids in order to satisfy my parents that I have a duty to my siblings. Some firstborns don't realize their duties beforehand and some are an outright nuisance which you wish you never had as kids. But I thank the Almighty God I don't fall into that category. You can have as many children as you want on the condition that you can fully provide for them and have the time and convenience to bring them up. You can put a limit to the number of children you want in life but the Almighty God can give you so many and Ordain one particular one for greatness. There are varieties people with so many kids doing well in various walks of life. So no law can stop that when you realize that some of your relations irrespective of religion are polygamists. Understandably we are Africans and no matter our position, we can never run away from our culture and traditions no matter how we pretend to or actually resist it.

I am currently nurturing my kids to see the realities in life very early and they are responding to that positively. The eldest took interest in livestock and poultry, while the younger one wants to be a lawyer. My only daughter wants to be a doctor and that's another two decades of work. The eldest just sold Xmas chicken and made over N150,000 and specifically asked me to spread it between their school fees and shares with our stockbroker.

My take is each child should be made to realize the realities of life early enough to arm them with adequate preparations for the task ahead, instead of putting the whole sack on one person.
Well said. Much respect to your approach towards life. Wish some parents would see it this way.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by rhames(m): 9:54pm On Dec 18, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Well said. Much respect to your approach towards life. Wish some parents would see it this way.

My pleasure sir.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 18, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Forgive me bro, but your parents should be stoned also. Hope you are learning from this.

Will i blame them? Well, i dont know. For the fact that they were giving births without knowing if they will be able to train them makes me wanna blame them. But in the other hand, the whole experience is making me a man quicker than i imagined. But it is not easy... It's overwhelming and depressing.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Raalsalghul: 7:50am On Dec 19, 2018
HenryDion:

Will i blame them? Well, i dont know. For the fact that they were giving births without knowing if they will be able to train them makes me wanna blame them. But in the other hand, the whole experience is making me a man quicker than i imagined. But it is not easy... It's overwhelming and depressing.
At the bolded, sorry to disagree. Whether your parents are well to do or not, you always will become a man with the right training. Don't let people use that to brainwash you into letting your parents off easily. Again, they need to be stoned, sorry to say undecided Thank God, you are hustling genuine, na ur agemates dey join yahoo for this kind scenario. I know the hard work you put in your blog. Most importantly, hope you are learning from this.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 19, 2018
Raalsalghul:
At the bolded, sorry to disagree. Whether your parents are well to do or not, you always will become a man with the right training. Don't let people use that to brainwash you into letting your parents off easily. Again, they need to be stoned, sorry to say undecided Thank God, you are hustling genuine, na ur agemates dey join yahoo for this kind scenario. I know the hard work you put in your blog. Most importantly, hope you are learning from this.

Sure.. I'm learning everyday. Studying entrepreneurship in school has helped me a great deal, including the courage to start up a business of my own. It's well..

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by lawman88(m): 8:46am On Dec 19, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Forgive me in advance, but your mother should be stoned. She wants to heap the consequences of her mistakes on you. Don't allow please. Hope you are also learning from this so as not to churn out kids you can't take care off.

okay.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by id4sho(m): 12:21pm On Dec 19, 2018
rhames:

More grease to your elbow Sir, I like your approach. kids need to be street smart

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by id4sho(m): 12:25pm On Dec 19, 2018
HenryDion:

Ohh yes sir
Great, I've been visiting your website since last year and am hoping to a Gaspreneur (LPG). keep moving on
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 19, 2018
id4sho:

Great, I've been visiting your website since last year and am hoping to a Gaspreneur (LPG). keep moving on

That's great. I'm partnering with a China company that deals on LPG tanks and other equipments needed to make such a business feasible. If you need any help, I'm always available. Wishing you the best.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by id4sho(m): 12:48pm On Dec 19, 2018
HenryDion:

That's great. I'm partnering with a China company that deals on LPG tanks and other equipments needed to make such a business feasible. If you need any help, I'm always available. Wishing you the best.
interesting, I intend establishing a 25-30 ton plant .i will hit you up when am ready
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2018
id4sho:

interesting, I intend establishing a 25-30 ton plant .i will hit you up when am ready

There is no problem sir.. Any time you're ready
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by NoHoper: 1:52pm On Dec 19, 2018
SMH

That picture depicts exactly what I'm going through. It's so painful and I'm beginning to really resent my parents. They just churned out kids and are basically expecting that I should be responsible for them.

So in a nut shell, my parents enjoyed their youths: they fell in love, dated, got married and birthed kids. The kids they don't want to be responsible for. Meanwhile, me, I'm not supposed to have any life. Can't even have a decent relationship. I'm just here to slave away.

It will definitely have to stop.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by ikcid: 3:06pm On Dec 19, 2018
NoHoper:
SMH

That picture depicts exactly what I'm going through. It's so painful and I'm beginning to really resent my parents. I'm just here to slave away.

It will definitely have to stop.

Do the little you can and don't kill yourself for anybody because if you die, you'll be forgotten in 3weeks. Good luck!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Am I Doing Wrong By Supporting My Boyfriend Financially? / My Aborted Marriage With Sandra Obi: Man Whose Fiancee Called Off Wedding Reacts / Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.